PDA

View Full Version : Impatient Future: Cherice Training I

Jehova Eaven
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:43:25 PM
The bright sun sparkled with an intense fury as Jehova stood atop of the West Tower. A pleasant change from the dreary training grounds. As the cold wind blew he looked around at the horizon, there was a storm far off over the mountains to the East.
That storm wouldn't bother them this day.

"Cherice...."

He called out into the cold strong wind. The words would reach her with the aid of the Force. She was adept for an apprentice, that weakling Malice had trained her fairly well, but would it be enough for todays training he wondered.

Cherice St_Hilare
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:11:05 PM
She was sitting on a bench, soaking up the sun when she heard the wind whispering her name. "Who is it?" she asked it, reaching out with the Force. Jehova ... It was her new Master, bidding for her presence. Grinning a bit, Cherice stretched out then stood up, feeling for his Force Signature. As soon as she pinpointed his position, she began to run in his direction. It felt good, having the wind whip across her face as her leg muscles loosened up. In minutes, she reached him.

"Yes, Sire ?"

Cherice asked, getting down on one knee as she looked up at Jehova.

Jehova Eaven
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:09:58 PM
Jehova turned his head and looked back at her. She seemed to be more comfortable but she was still calling him "sire". Her demeanor would change very soon. He looked back at the sky and watched as the cloud's moved quickly overhead.

"Do you know why I have brought you to this place?"

He didn't wait for her to answer.

"I am going to teach to fight under desperate conditions. As you can see, this tower provides us with a very small area to fight. The winds are also very strong and may push you off the edge if you aren't careful..."

He turned to face her and gave her a slight push with the force aided by the wind.

"Be careful..." a grin appeared on his lips.

Cherice St_Hilare
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:32:10 PM
Most apprentices would feel angered at this action, but then again, Cherice was unique. As she fell backwards and hit the floor, she let out a delighted laugh. Finally, a Master who was dangerously wicked. Flipping up to her feet, Cherice took on a defensive stance.

"I came here to learn ... So I look forward to what you have planned today."

Jehova Eaven
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:20:18 PM
A faint smile appeared on his lips, with those words he knew that he liked this girl. The winds picked up momentarily as he lunged towards her, his staff in hand ready to strike.

"Training begins now!"

The tip of the staff missed her face but his elbow did not. The stunning blow knocked her back towards the edge of the tower.

Cherice St_Hilare
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:53:29 PM
Quickly regaining her footing, Cherice tasted blood in her mouth. It trickled down to her chin, and she wiped it off with the back of her hand. Feeling a slight growl rumble in the back of her throat, she lashed out with one hand. As he reached up with the staff to block it, she brought up her right foot and aimed for a kick at his midsection.

Jehova Eaven
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:17:24 PM
As her thigh came up to meet his stomach, he jumped back watching her foot slice through the air. It was quite a sight, watching her move she definetely had some speed. He laughed as he danced along the tower dodging her moves with finesse.

"Come now, you can do better than that."

He stood upon the edge of the tower with his staff pointed at her.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 4th, 2002, 04:00:09 AM
"Argh!"

He was playing her like a cat with a mouse, and it wasn't a pleasant thought. As he held out his staff towards her, she quickly grabbed it with one hand and jumped up, spinning around, her other hand forming into a fist as it headed for his face. She was using the staff as something to balance her with.

When he ducked, she continued to hold onto the staff until she landed, feet making no sound. Blue eyes glinting, she gave him a slight Force Push, and at the same time, sent a kick towards his kneecaps.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:55:57 PM
A sensation of being thrown back, finally she was beginning to use the gift of the Force. Her knee connected with one of his ribs almost shattering it, the pain was quickly pushed aside as a blade of energy came forth from the end of the staff and tore into her hand.

"Never grab the wrong end of a weapon unles syou have the proper equipment."

He pulled the scythe out of her hand and rushed forward.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:30:05 PM
A slight whimper rose in her throat as he pulled the beam out of her hand, leaving a deep gash. It wasn't bleeding, of course, but the pain was unbelievable. It jolted throughout her whole body, leaving her stunned. Jehova rammed into her and she crashed into the ground.

She grimaced as she quickly rolled onto her stomach and stood up, keeping her wounded hand at her side. It would have to be taken care of later - she could wait. She ran towards him, making it look like she would be bullheaded and try to crash right into him. She, however, had a different plan in mind.

She swerved to the side in a liquid motion and grabbed his weapon hand's wrist, twisting it backwards so she could break it, and kicked his leg out from under him.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:47:00 PM
He tumbled backwards right of the tower. His hands clasped at the edge desperately as Cherice still held on to one of his arms. He looked to her and called out.

"Help me!"

Would she help, he wondered. Was she as cold blooded as he thought.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:04:36 PM
"Spread your wings and fly away, Ambrellian," she hissed. Her blue eyes narrowed as another wave of pain ran through her hand.

Despite her cold words, though, something panged at her heart. He was her Sire, and she had pledged herself to him. Now, here was a chance to prove herself somewhat worthy. Tightening her grip on his arm, she began to pull him up until he got his footing once more. She took a couple steps back, watching him cautiously as her muscles tensed.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:19:56 PM
She helped him, this was interesting. He started to walk around her in a wide arc. His curiousity of her grew more and more each time they were together.

"Why did you help me? You obviously knew I could have helped myself."

He continued pacing around her staring at her as he walked.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:27:46 PM
"Because you told me to."

It was the most simplest answer she could think of, but it went straight to the point. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked down at the ground momentarily before returning it to him.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:51:37 PM
He stopped pacing directly in front of her and stared into her pretty little unscarred face. The sweat on her brow dripped down her face and onto the floor as she looked down. She was very loyal, it was hard to believe that Malice was ever her teacher.

"Your loyalty is commendable, but loyal to whom? The Order, or me, or even the defunct Malice?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:06:45 PM
"Don't ever mention Malice infront of my face again," she hissed again, her pupils slitting slightly before becoming normal again.

"After being betrayed by one Sire, I do not have complete faith in you .. My loyalty always lies within the Order, but I trust you shall stay with us ..?"

Jehova Eaven
Aug 12th, 2002, 09:41:18 PM
He grinned as he turned around and walked to the edge of the tower. It was time for the next lesson, she had done well in close quarters combat. Against a non-force user she would survive easily.

"Come here beside me and face the edge."

His next task for her was meant to test her ability to use the Force to augment her speed and agility.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 13th, 2002, 06:30:25 PM
A slight look of confusion formed on her face but was quickly lost. Clasping her hands behind her back, Cherice took her place besides Jehova and looked down at the ground. It seemed so far away that it almost made her nauseous.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:00:10 AM
"Observe my every move, if you don't pay careful attention then you shall fall to your death. Is that understood?"

He didn't wait for her to answer as he stepped forward off of the ledge. He fell for a short time, almost a full five seconds but already he had fallen forty feet. With a small amount of concentration he pulled his feet towards the side of the tower and began running. He was still running downwards though, with another small bit of concentration and a blinding acceleration he had changed direction and now started running diagnolly upwards. Up the tower he ran, aided by the force to keep up enough momentum to ignore the pull of gravity. To him, it seemed like everything was merely moving slowly but to Cherice... ahh well that was the thing. He had never seen anyone use the Force to augment their speed and reaction time. He had no idea how it looked to someone watching. If anything he assumed that all she saw was a white blur or nothing at all.

After what seemed like a few minutes of running to him, he ran back and stood atop the tower beside Cherice.

"Understand? Its simple enough."

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 16th, 2002, 04:56:24 PM
This was certainly a lesson she had not expected to be taught. To see someone manipulate gravity so .. Well, so beautifully orchestrated. All she had seen was a blur dashing "on" the tower.

"I believe I understand ..."

Cherice hesitated and then closed her eyes, placing one foot over the ledge. Her stomach began to tighten as she slowly pushed off with her other foot. The feeling of air rushing around her caused her eyes to fly open and immediately her arms reached out for something to grab onto. When all her fingers grasped was air, she remembered why she had done this.

Concentrating, she used the Force to help her 'footing' on the stone wall and she spun around. Pushing off of her heel, the Disciple nimbly leapt up slightly then began to jog.

If she hadn't known better, the animal inside of her would've panicked.

She began to speed up as she became more comfortable with this ... concept. Finally, reaching the top, she grabbed onto the ledge and helped heave herself up at the feet of Jehova. Panting slightly, Cherice stood up and glanced sideways at him.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:23:16 PM
"Very good, my apprentice. I almost expected you to fail outright, but you pulled through. I must then assume that your former master has taught you how to control your power." He spoke as she climbed up and faced him.

He took a deep breath and looked around. His full orange eyes took in all that was around him, bringing him close to total relaxation. Her training for today was done and he was thankful that he didn't have much to teach her after the basics. Most of the rest she would learn, in time, on her own.

"The sky, its beautiful at this time of day. Have you ever taken the time to relax and just stare and wonder. What else is out there? Is there anything else to learn?" he turned and looked upon her once again. "Your training is over for today. You are to return to your room and rest, for tommorow... well you'll see."

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 18th, 2002, 12:36:53 AM
Amazing at how much could happen in so little time.

Bowing, Cherice straightened up and began to leave, pausing only in mid-step to glanced over her shoulder and say:

"Thank you for choosing me as an apprentice."

Quickly looking away, she continued to head towards the Palace. She vaguely wondered what tomorrow held in store, but kept her tongue. After all, patience was a virtue.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 18th, 2002, 02:09:07 AM
The End