PDA

View Full Version : Wow, AOTC held super well Monday-to-Monday!

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:19:53 PM
0.66 million last Monday I think to 0.65 million this Monday.

Basically NO decline! I remember this happened to TPM, hehe, actually it had 5% declines or so just before the July 4th weekend holiday, then it got cut from 2,400 theaters to 1,800 or something, I know it got cut from a lot of them, and that killed the momentum and TPM lost 33% that weekend for the three-day period. That is off memory, I think it's right though.

Anyway, this is good for AOTC, #8 on Monday!

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:51:01 PM
Good to see. I wonder how many more screens it'll lose though this weekend, with MIB2 opening on Thursday.

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:57:12 PM
Actually, that is the bad part. I keep hearing people say that, "Well I think for the four day weekend MIB 2 will make..." Huh? Five-day weekend. MIB 2 opens tomorrow, Wednesday. Same with Like Mike and The Powerpuff Girls.

Anyway, you are right, though, we may lose a prohibitive number of theaters. I just hope it's low. My theater is definitely keeping it because they're still selling out the tiny auditorium AOTC is playing in and they KNOW they won't do better than that with any other movie, guaranteed. Plus AOTC has more solid mid-week business than most other movies, so they're keeping AOTC for a while I am sure. Now if I just had that car...

Hehe, actually though this 1.1% decline is the best for either AOTC or TPM while they were not playing in dollar theaters. That's pretty cool. Obviously I'd rather have seen it come when it was like $15M to $14.95 million, though ;)

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:03:20 PM
Cool fact of the day...

All 9 Star Trek movies: $710 million total.

All 5 Star Wars movies: $1,779 million, or $1.779 billion total.

Kind of sad. If there had been 9 Star Wars movies, it'd be more like $3 billion to $0.7, lol.

CMJ
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:16:38 PM
When will we know how many theatres AOTC loses? Thursday, when we see Wednesday's numbers perhaps??

If we don't lose many theatres...things look good.

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:20:08 PM
Shouldn't Mojo update later today...?

Quadinaros
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:24:58 PM
:rollin

I just posted this morning that I gave up on AOTC ever passing Sum Of All Fears. And it was already happening as I posted. Kewl!!!

Now I give up on AOTC making more money than MIBII this weekend. Let's see what happens. ;)

CMJ
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:36:33 PM
LMAO...good try Quadinaros. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:55:38 PM
I believe , I believe :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:05:11 AM
Mojo still doesn't have the theater count up, must be slow because of the big weekend, I think AOTC could lose anwhere from 150-300 theaters, I think it will lose so few because Windtalkers, Bad Company and Sum of All Fears will lose the most theaters this weekend. Ya Ya sisters should lose a good bit as well and so won't that Juwanaa Mama POC that should lose at least 500-600 theaters.