PDA

View Full Version : DOH! 100 viewings...!

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:23:41 AM
Dang, dang, dang. I wasn't paying enough attention to my overall viewing count this year. This really ticks me off.

I wanted my 100th viewing of a movie in theaters during 2002 to be STAR WARS, obviously. Well I just realized I reached 100 yesterday... and it was Mr. Deeds. Ugg. Not a bad movie at all, I give it 3.5 stars, so I really liked it, but the point is, it was supposed to be Star Wars! Grr...

If I wouldn't have seen Lilo and Stitch, I'd be on 99 right now and could make 100 AOTC, but not possible now.

Anyway, I have seen 100 showings of movies this year, which includes releases from 2001 such as Black Hawk Down, Brotherhood of the Wolf, In the Bedroom, Frailty, Amelie, Gosford Park, The Other Side of Heaven, etc. etc.

27 of my 100 showings are Star Wars. The only other repeats are 3 for Count of Monte Cristo, 2 for Spider-Man, 2 for Blade 2, and... oh yeah, 2 for Resident Evil. I think that's all.

Wow, only half-way through the year on June 30 and I reached ONE HUNDRED theatrical viewings, that is so tight. :)

There went about $600, plus gas, plus snacks, plus time.

Oh and also, my previous record for showings during an ENTIRE year was 70 or so, I believe, and that was 1999 when TPM came out. I saw it 42 times that year (8 more in 2000), so that helped a lot. I think in 2000 it was just about the same as 1999 actually, and 2001 may have even passed them both, I don't really know for sure, but I've been hovering around the 50 to 75 range for three years.

Now, this year, I am set to break 200 probably.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:28:17 AM
My most was around to 20-40 mark.