PDA

View Full Version : Two Turn Tables and an... Astromech?

Avolon Bisel
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:14:44 PM
The last thing he thought would come to his mind, did. It was the fact he noticed how filthy the floor was. His head now in his hands in disgustful anguish, he cringed further at the grime. Of course it was only anti-clean behind the bar, where Avolon often stayed. He was never too good with a mop. Maybe that's why the dome head was always going out into the bar, to get his wheels some air. Now, he wished he had kept the damn floor clean.

"Max, don't play that crap. Don't you dare."

The 'droid tootled a snort as he plugged into the audio jack of two turntables. Previously he had set up the records in anticipation for when the bar would be packed to the brim. Coniving tendicies were an after effect of his extremely maxed A.I.

"I could always shoot you, ya know?" Avolon said, with a subtle absence of humor.

The Astromech, Max, finally attached his last jack to a rigged command unit. It could control the settings from where he was, the 'droid being vertically challenged.

The bass slid to it's topmost position as the left record started, the treble slid down. A low rumbling sound almost sent the tables to the floor as it began. As a sharp trill came up Max switched the two settings, making the ears of the patrons almost bleed. Some groan and yelled obscenities, some were patient enough to understand it was a sharp beginning to a larger piece. An attention getter.... but suddenly the record stopped.... Then, both came on. The second record played alongside, it was scratched as the other continued. It was what sounded like a blaster bolt... from Avolon's rifle?! The first one, or the left, started in with an upbeat trance music, the speed set to max. The right one, or the second, stopped scratching and continued with a low rumbling sound, blaster bolts peppered in it. All in all.... it was actually sounding good. It sounded like the funkiest thing but it worked. Seemed to be a crowd pleaser as well.

Avolon allowed himself to set back in his chair. Most started dancing, others just listened or were trying to shout to each other their conversations. The drink ordering came to a hault as the customers seemed to be occupied in one way or another. Hmm, soothing. Slowly, Avolon went into slumber. The low rumbling pleasing and the blaster noises sounding like home.

Dwayne Hicks
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:28:18 PM
"What IS this crap?"

He wasn't a bog man, but he was oviously fit. Raising the glass in front of him, he peered at it. "Hell, this tastes like I licked a Wookie. "Bartender, get me something drinkable!"

Krystal Stargazer
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:42:55 AM
Hearing that horrible noise, Krystal covered her ears. Her eyes darted angrily at the bartender for playing such horrible tunes

Utter trash!! By the force, shut that off!!

Still very much angered, Krystal picked up her glass of whiskey and chugged a huge gulp.

Ange Tot
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:22:03 PM
:: Ange laughed, now this reminded her of home alot, she got up from her table a waded through the dancers to the bar. She noticed Avolon was sleeping and shouted quite easily over the nose ::

Yo! How about a drink?

:: she grinned then poked Avolon ::

Hey! No sleeping on the job boy-o!

Sophia Harten
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:43:33 PM
Bisel must have sank into a slumber as the Jedi's prodding didn't seem to rouse him. All she got from it was his hand waving as though shooing a fly.

She winked at the Jedi, motioning with her finger for her to be silent. As Bisel dozed, Sophia snuck up next to his side. She had gotten too good at her job in Intel, and sometimes it was fun to use her talent as pranks.

Sliding her lips up near his ear she took a breath... and then shouted.

BANG!!!!!

It brought the man fully awake instantly, groping for his blaster, but the effect of his sudden jump unbalanced his chair and toppled both he and the piece of furniture over.

She watched as he glared up at her. She merely smiled, desperately hiding her laughter, but the humor and comradere evident in her voice

Nice music. Care to dance?

She was kidding of course, but the look on his face warrented an unexpected question from her.

Avolon Bisel
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:10:15 PM
"You blew my cover as a sleeping bum. Let me deal with these insensitive beer guzzlers. Like I would even know how to dance to this new techno pop junk."

His head snapped to Dwayne. His sleeping was broken by the shout but he had intended to remain silent. No one likes serving loud mouths.

"How many creatures have you licked? Want something that tastes like a Jawa?"

Avolon grabbed a shot glass and poured rum into it. He resisted the urge to give it a spit suprise.

"Suck on this for a while and leave me alone."

He slid it down to him. Wait... there was that girl who seemed to think he was a boy? He thought he warrented the title of a man, him being so ruggedly handsome.

"Oh, you.... Um..."

He grabbed a glass and poured something pink into it. God only knew what it was. He shoved an umbrella into it to make it look pretty enough to silence her impending insults at the taste.

"Here. Best I can do on short notice."

Finally he turned to Sophia. It wasn't a great idea to get romantic with a soldier, him being the chief of security at this government protected dump. Heck, he could atleast be charming enough to make himself irrestible. An Intel falling all over him... hey, it could happen. Avolon didn't dream but he did have dellusions.

"If you hadn't just almost got me into a fatal accident," Avolon jerked his thumb at the fallen chair, "I might give you the honor." He smiled brightly so she would pause before clocking him.

Sophia Harten
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:14:41 PM
She blinked a few times before she could no longer hold back her laughter. It burst forth as she smacked a leveled fist directed at his shoulder. She wasn't a power-builder of any sort, but she was wirey and had strength enough to bruise. But the playful punch was more of a friendly gesture than anything meant to harm.

Charming as always, I see.

She winced as a rather loud note rang through the juke box, causing her to open her jaw and pop her ears.

On second thought, I don't think I could dance to this music without losing my equilibrium.

She gestured with her hand to one of the many beers lining the wall.

How bout a beer?

Dwayne Hicks
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:50:49 PM
"Rude Bastard" muttered Dwayne as he eyed off the alcohol in the shot glass.

Avolon Bisel
Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:13:54 AM
"Trying to get me drunk?"

Avolon reached for two of the bottles, grabbing them by the necks. He offered one of them to Sophia.

"I'm game. I guess this is on me. Just don't tell big bad Tohmahawk, he might put my privates in a vice... wait, he gets the drinks for free all the time doesn't he? This noise is throwing me off."

In fact, Avolon enjoyed the stylings. It was something to get his blood pumping. But he could always use this play as an advantage.

"Hey, Tin Lid, bring it down a notch. A little something slow."

The Astromech grumbling. Something about his groove just getting on. He switched the records and up came a somewhat slow melody. Although it still had the clickity clank of the previous. Must be a 'droid thing.

"He tries."

Sophia Harten
Jul 3rd, 2002, 02:50:15 PM
She nodded her head in thanks for the free beer, and then shrugged at the comment made about his astromech.

So long as he does.

She chuckled once, her lips curling up into a half crooked smile as she popped the top off of the beer.

Almost makes me wanna spew some "Yoda philosophy".

She didn't know whether Bisel got the joke or not, but being around Jedi as often as they were, it wasn't hard to associate statements with the word "try" in then with Yoda-isk philosophy.

She took the bottle, and took two gulps of it, letting the liquid slide down her throat, some of the bubbles finding their way up into her sinuses. She sniffed once she finished her second gulp, the crooked half-smile returning.

And I have yet to see you drunk, Leiutenant.

She laughed and took another drink.

(OOC: I couldn't remember what your rank was, so I stuck something in! LOL! I can easily change it if it's something else. =) )

Avolon Bisel
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:32:13 PM
"Speaking of drinking and Yoda, sometimes I think he was just drunk. I don't know much about the toad but I talk backwards like him when I drink too much."

Avolon stuck the bottle into Kalvin's side. Kalvin was a protocol 'droid of his. For the moment he was sleeping, or shut down. Bisel had a bottle opener installed on his side. Might as well make it worth the constant jabbering he spouted.

"See, now I knew you wanted me drunk. Be careful what you wish for honey."

Avolon turned the bottle upside down. Before long it was all gone. Avolon had been called an alchoholic but that was by jealous losers of drinking games in the past.

"You're a lightweight," he laughed as he threw the bottle behind his back, it swished in a garbage bag. It wasn't the first time he tried that trick. "I really need to keep this place refrigerated more. Hot beers are like cold women, no one wants them." Sure it was offensive but that was Avolon.

Avolon grabbed another warm alcoholic beverage.

OOC - I'm a Lt. (I can't spell it off the top of my head, but that's the abbreviation) When I first joined Tohmahawk (Marcus) told me to make up a rank. I went with Lt. so not to be too God Modish. Now I have no clue how to get promoted. Oh well. :lol

Sophia Harten
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:05:20 AM
Bisel was to the point if anything else. And he was right about beers being bad when warm. But she tolerated it. Hey, it was free in the sense he had taken care of the tab.

She chuckled at his joke, albiet a bit rude.

Well, the question remains... would you rather have a warm beer at your side, or a cold woman?

She made a "cheers" gesture with her bottle, raising it slightly in his direction, before taking another swig.

Avolon Bisel
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:12:12 PM
"I'd give the beer to the woman and make her warmer," Avolon joked before popping the lid off his beer. "I like a woman who can take a joke. You're okay Harten."

Sophia Harten
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:15:39 AM
The half-smile returned.

Hey, out of uniform, I'm not so bad. It's when I'm in uniform you gotta be careful.

She chuckled and finished off the beer, setting the empty bottle back on the counter, making a slight face as the last drop hit her gullet.