PDA

View Full Version : About June's Box Office

JMK
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:50:25 AM
There's a huge article about how this June was the biggest ever in box office history, powered mostly by new releases like Minority Report, Lilo & Stitch, Scooby Doo etc. However, it goes on and shares some of the success with strong holdovers from May like AotC and Spidey. But here's a quote for those who thought Spider Man was closer to AotC than it actually was:

June was powered primarily by strong new product, as seven of the ten most popular films of the month were released during the survey period. Besides the solid performances from the top two films, there were a considerable number of lower-ranked releases that contributed to the substantial revenues generated at the ticket window. Two holdovers from May did well in particular, grabbing the third and sixth slots: Fox's "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones" and Sony's "Spider-Man," respectively.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:40:43 AM
Yeah I saw that I am not too surprised AOTC has been ahead of Spiderman the whole month of June, unfortuntely Spiderman won May.

CMJ
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:54:22 PM
Yes, by a fairly big margin I might add. It had a 2 week head start...plus a much larger opening, so that's a big part of it.