PDA

View Full Version : I'm suprised there isn't a thread about Lilo and Stitch here

Sanis Prent
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:18:21 AM
...because that movie has been the 2nd best thing I've seen this summer, besides Star Wars. Its one of the best Disney movies I've seen, if not the best period.

Quadinaros
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:27:33 AM
Yeah, I gotta take my 7-year-old to this one as soon as I can. This is turning out to be an expensive summer for those who like to take their kids to movies.

Let's see, my son has seen Spidey, Ep. II twice, Spirit, Scooby, Hey Arnold. And he wants to see Lilo, Like Mike, Powerpuff Girls, Stuart Little 2, and Halloween Resurrection. O_o

We'll probably see Lilo over the long 4th weekend. It sounds good from what I've heard so far.

Sanis Prent
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:36:52 AM
Its absolutely wonderful.

JMK
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:54:21 AM
I really want to see it too. I've always wanted to see a movie filmed in Hawaii. ;)

JonathanLB
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:56:01 AM
Filmed in Hawaii...

It wasn't THAT good. It was an enjoyable kids movie, though! I was pleasantly surprised. I gave it 3 stars. Definitely a strong effort from Disney, but it's pretty sappy in parts of course and it is a kiddie film. It doesn't pander badly, though, which is great. I like that.

You know what looks REALLY good? Treasure Planet, apparently from Disney. It looks kickbutt, hehe, and it's a Disney movie. I cannot wait for that one. It's coming in November...

Roddy Two
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:05:32 PM
Three stars?

<font size=50>INFIDEL!</font>

JonathanLB
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:44:25 PM
It's a kiddie flick dude, why would it get more than 3 stars? It's not Toy Story, it's not Toy Story 2, it's not even Monsters, Inc., and it sure as to hell isn't Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast or any other classic animated film. It's deserving of three stars because it's a good movie, surprisingly, but it's not "VERY GOOD" nor is it "excellent." Calling it either one of those would just be inaccurate. Maybe some kids will think it was great, but I agree with USA Today. It's a solid three star movie. A strong effort from Disney, no more, no less.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:01:15 AM
Lilo and Stitch was cute.

And I hope you aren't taking your 7 year old to see Halloween: Resurrection. That will be all I will say on the subject. :)

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:59:30 AM
My dad took me to see Dirty Girls Do Vegas when I was 5 at this local XXX theater. Haha, j/k ;)

I don't think any such movie exists, lol.

Take your kid to see Halloween Resurrection, you know you want to! :)

Anyone see the preview for Treasure Planet? Lileana, you cannot comment on this, lol.

It played before Lilo and Stitch and I think it looks AWESOME! I'm looking forward to that Disney movie, hehe.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:02:12 AM
*tries to comment but CAN'T!!!!* Mmmph!! MMMMPH!!! :x

Quadinaros
Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:30:34 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
And I hope you aren't taking your 7 year old to see Halloween: Resurrection. That will be all I will say on the subject. :)

:evil >D :evil >D That will be all I will say on the subject. :lol :lol

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:07:58 AM
I saw the treasure planet preview....blah!

Seriously, does there need to be mindless, wanton action and violence for that extra star, Jon?

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:31:56 AM
Considering he said Aladdin was better, I think not :)

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:24:34 AM
Thank you, Reaper.

Aladdin is a four star Disney movie. I love how well done that movie is, so no, there does not need to be, as you say, "wanton violence," LOL.

Treasure Planet looks awesome! It's not about violence, wtf? It's a DISNEY movie. It's, what, G rated? PG rated? It looks really awesome.

I cannot imagine a GUY saying Lilo and Stitch is a better movie than Treasure Planet looks like it'll be. I mean, one is a good kids movie that is more appealing to girls if anything, i.e. Lilo and Stitch, and the other is an awesome looking animated action/adventure film. It looks really sweet. I can't wait to see it.

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:26:53 PM
I can't in good concience appreciate a review like that from a guy who gave Alien 3 a four star rating! I mean...thats the kind of thing the Federal Government should be giving you mandatory injections to fix!

Four stars...as in the same number of sutures you'd have to pop during the lobotomy to make you smile while watching it. Were you on cocaine, heroine, or Amanda Peet at the time? If so, I can understand.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:31:12 PM
Jon you haven't even seen the movie, and you're defending it already.. I'd wait, and reserve my judgement until later.

Like, when the movie is actually out.

>D

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:23:54 PM
I defended the preview, not the movie! I said that it LOOKS better than Lilo and Stitch was. It looks like it'll be above 3 stars, but it might not be. All I'm saying is it looks like it has a hell of a lot more potential than Lilo and Stitch ever did.

Alien 3 is absolutely a four star movie. The guy who directed it is David Fincher. How could you not like it? Fincher has never made a bad movie. Panic Room, The Game, Fight Club, Se7en, and Alien 3. All awesome films. He is a wonderful director and Alien 3 is a fantastic movie. It's the least of the first three Alien films, but it is still great and way way above Alien: Resurrection.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:26:30 PM
Okay just checking. :D