PDA

View Full Version : A Promise Kept - What was Hidden ...

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:02:36 PM
... will now be found.

Navaria entered the Council chambers but it wasn't to take a seat amongst them, it was to address them on an interesting matter.

"Good evening to you all. I know this is a rather impromptu meeting on short notice but you'll understand quickly why this needed to be done now."

She turned to face the doors that were still opened, waiting for her companion to enter ....

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:19:58 AM
Actually dressed neatly for once - not the usual unkept mess that he had been since the terrible injuries he had suffered in Whitetown. Dressed in dark blue, with his sword on his left hip, Athona his lightsabre on his right. The left hand wore a half glove, which did not cover the ring on his 3rd finger, a plain gold band.

Long ago he had been on Council, now only Master Yoghurt, his great friend and at times co-conspirator was there from that time. And even then, he was Darth Turbogeek, a name that had won much honour, but in the end was besmirched in disgrace. Which he had personally ended at the barrel of a gun, Turbogeek being nothing more than a clone. Then he had tormented Jedi as General Tohmahawk. That man had also won honour for his corage and convictions, as well as winning Jyanis Scorpion to the Jeid and providing the Jedi with a substansial home on Arcan IV.

That man had died in the snows of Whitetown.

So what was left, when the disguises and deceptions were over? What left when the last veneer was stripped away?

Marcus Q'Dunn, Warlord and Jedi Master, husband to a Jedi Knight, servant of the Light Side, didn't know. But after his talk with Navarnia Tarkin, with Xazor Leo Dawnstrider whom he shared a very rare bond with, with Helenias Q'Dunn now involved with the Jedi.... his was his future.

Marcus strode out into the middle of the Council floor, hand on his sword hilt, but stayed silent. Not much for words anymore, he just let the presence in the Force do all the speaking for him. Not tainted like Turbogeeks. Or hidden like Tohmahawk's. But pure in the Force and strong. Of the Council, ony Morgan and Anbira knew he was alive. Others may have heard rumours.Of his real life, much had been secret - but shortly he suspected that would no longer be the case.

He stayed silent, waiting for another to respond first.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:21:44 AM
OOc : And adding what he now looks liek and what heis wearing.....

Xazor Elessar
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:33:22 AM
Xazor usually hung around the Council Chambers to help new Padawans with issues and such things. This day was different...she was there to witness something great. A smile danced upon the Garou's lips as she watched her mentor...her friend, step into the center of the room to take his place where he belonged. The last couple of months had been extremely interesting....and they all were leading up to this day.

The Knight stepped away from the wall and into the light, letting others know of her presence...but he knew, for their strange and strong bond. She smiled at him and bowed her head in respect, then looked at the faces of the Council members and other Jedi present. This would be both joyous, and shocking to them....and she couldn't wait to see their responses....

May the Force be with you...

She whispered in his mind, then concentrated on the proceedings of this moment....

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:44:51 PM
:: The old Jedi arched an eyebrow, his jawline setting as he shifted his weight in his seat ::

Welcome to our Council, Master Q'Dunn.

AmazonBabe
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:11:41 PM
:: AB watched as Navaria entered to announce the entrance of another. The other was Marcus, and she nodded at the man, achknowledging his entrance. ::

:: She remained silent, however, until the purpose of his visit was stated. ::

Estelle Russard
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:51:14 PM
Estelle entered into the Chambers, realising in her spirit something important was happening, and stood quietly to the side of the room to listen.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:31:09 PM
OOC~ Let you know that this thread happens after

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18831

:)

IC~ Navaria stood to Marcus' right and addressed the Council once more. She could sense that some were curious about who this was, others elated that he was now here, and of course those that waited patiently as to what was occurring.

"My friends and fellow Council members. Not too long ago, I discovered that Marcus was walking amongst the Jedi in secret. I found this out by accident in trying to help Xazor. Upon his request, he wanted to speak to me privately.

That matter was him returning to the Order. He had some reservations about what his role would be and if he would be accepted back here amongst the Jedi, as well as his concerns about the Order in general."

She turned her head to look at the Jedi Warlord and smiled.

"I stand with him now, confident that his knowledge and abilities would only help the Jedi in many ways. Though ..."

Returning her attention to the Council.

"... he feels that some may not wish him back."

Navaria stopped there, wanting Marcus to finish or someone else voice their opinion.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:59:11 AM
His gave was pure steely detirmination as he stared abck at the assembled Jedi, looking at each one before he spoke.

"I've made my decision, whether I'm wanted or not. I came back because some I am close to believe the Jedi do amount to more than a scattered rabble. They believe that the Jedi are a lgiht that shines in the darkness and that the Jedi do make a difference. They believe that the Jedi believe in honour and compassion. I have been told there are Jedi whom are once again willing to make a stand against the Darkness. Some here knew who I once was and some know what I became and why - and I will tell you why if you don't. I lost faith that the Jedi could ever amount to something that I could be honoured to serve. There are ideals that I aspire to and that I will not serve anything or anyone for less. I am not a being of compromise when it comes to my beliefs and I could not with clear concious remain with the Jedi Order. But now there are ones standing here who have shown me that my belief would not be misplaced"

He looked at Xazor and Navaria, before drawing the sword at his side, holding up and then placing it on the ground as he bent to one knee in front of the Council.

"There is more I can say and more that you do not know but what is not longer important. I place my sword in front of the Council and I swear allegience once again to the Jedi and there will not be any breaking of this oath I now make - The Jedi I will serve until all Darkness is beaten. I am your Warlord - allow me to serve as I once did before, with honour, justice and dignity. I am a servat to all"

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:30:59 AM
If there was one thing I had never dreamed of seeing - it was the sight of Marcus bending knee to anyone, never mind to the Council. But he was a much changed man in the last years and I could see it in the lines of his face and the sadness in his voice as he spoke of things in the Galaxy to me. I for one moved closer to Xazor and watched quietly. I knew what my love was offering and what he was saying, would the others?

But more than that.... something that just never seemed possible could occur. Husband Wife Jedi standing together as one. United fully.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:29:13 AM
The Council already knew of her decision about letting Marcus back into their ranks. She would not be standing here otherwise by his side.

There was nothing that needed to be said any longer.... Marcus had spoken his peace and now it would be up to the other members of the Council to welcome him back or speak their doubts.

Kelt Simoson
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:34:19 AM
Kelts face turned from a healthy pink to a pale white. Marcus Q'Dunn?!, He was Kelts Master?. Theres got to be some kind os mistake he thought, that must have been....no..it was him!

Kelt gave a nervous glance towards Marcus with a side grin before looking sheepishly elsewere to contain his enourmouse nervous feeling...THE Marcus Q'Dunn was his master....a thought that never had crossed his mind.

AmazonBabe
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:36:43 AM
:: It was at this time AB spoke. ::

You say you have been walking secretly among us, and yet we have seen you many a time. This does not construe as secrecy... unless you were under a different allias...

:: It was a gentle probe to know a bit more than what was being said. She already had some idea, but it was best if Marcus himself stated it. Only then would he be rid of the ghosts from his past. ::

Xazor Elessar
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:30:12 AM
Xazor smiled gently as Marcus spoke, his words were well said and very powerful. Her eyes shifted to the face of Helenias and she bowed her head in respect before turning her attention back to Marcus. Master AB spoke.....and she wondered what would become of her rhetorical question.

This truly is a wonderful day, my friend.....

Her words gently drifted into the mind of the woman beside her. She smiled again at Helenias and looked back to Marcus, wondering what his response would be. There seemed to be a mixture of feelings in the room......a bit of tension and excitement all mixed together....

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:25:38 PM
"You know whom I walked the halls of this place as Amazon Babe, as the General known as Tohmahawk. I also walked here as Hunter.... and yes as you might know but others dont...."

He looked down, pausing and thinking how to put this....

"Before I was so badly injured that I had to quietly leave and arrange something to take my place, I was named Darth Turbogeek to you all. There are many secrets and queit ways I walked, but the time of such is over. This is whom I am and nothing more - Marcus Q'Dunn. You see my real face and you hear my real voice for the first time in here and thar is the way I for now on wish it to be"

AmazonBabe
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:17:56 PM
:: AB smiled for the first time since he'd walked into the Council Chamber. She had indeed known or had a good idea, but she felt it best for Marcus to admit it willingly. ::

Then I welcome you as who you are. As Marcus Q'Dunn. No more hiding, no more secrets, no more aliases.

:: She tilted her head slightly. ::

In a way...

:: The smile rose slightly on one side into a lopsided grin. ::

...you have the ability to start anew and fresh.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:55:01 PM
::The petite Jedi Master for the longest time just sat there in her council chair. She found herself in deep thought many a times as Master QDunn spoke. Leia's eyes furrowed some as AB spoke and questioned Marcus. After all was said and done, Leia unfolded her hands that were steepled on her lap::

I wholeheartly agree with Master Mystt. We welcome you with open arms Marcus, for you are one of us and always will be.

::Leia smiled and bowed her head slightly at Marcus::

Estelle Russard
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:50:36 PM
She found who Marcus Q'Dunn actually was or is..or had been among them a little hard to follow, and was grateful when Amazon Babe had asked him plainly.

Force Master Hunter....that was the name that connected. She had met this Marcus before, no wonder he had always given her that odd "de ja vu" feeling whenever she had laid eyes on him. It all made sense now. FMH was one of the first people she had spoken to upon her arrival at GJO.

As for an opinion regarding the Jedi discussion here..Estelle didnt really have one. This was history before her time, unknown and unfelt by her.

One thing she did know though, was when she first met FMH, there was a quality about him that inspired one and encouraged her to find her destiny within the Order. Marcus had the same quality, and from the oath he just swore, Estelle could see no reason that he would not be accepted by his peers.

So, she remained silent, but in her heart cast her lot with those that agreed and welcomed Marcus' return.