PDA

View Full Version : Sunday at WalMart = Bonanza!

Jinn Fizz
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:19:48 PM
Has anybody here ever seen the movie Moscow on the Hudson? Its from the 80's, stars Robin Williams as a Russian who defects to America. The scene I remember the most is when he goes to a grocery store and asks a clerk where he can find coffee. He then goes to the proper aisle, and when he goes around the corner, he sees that the entire aisle is full of all kinds of coffee, and he's free to buy what he wants, and how much he wants. He promptly faints at the sight.

That's how I felt at WalMart this morning. They opened tons of cases of stuff and put them out this morning...dozens and dozens and dozens of Han Solo Endor Raid figures (both versions, either with the white or silver droid call thingie on his belt), Chewbacca Cloud City Capture figures, and Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter Pilot figures. They were not only on pegs, but also stacked up on the upper shelves. They also had big ol' stacks of both Unleashed figures that are available right now, the Fetts and Darth Maul. There were also lots of Qui-Gons, Endor Soldiers, Orn Free Taas, Bespin Vaders, new Maces, and Final Battle Jangos, plus a few Bespin Lukes. The only thing that was missing was the Acklay.

So, if anybody out there needs any of these new figures, just give me a holler, and I should have no trouble getting them for you. If you wanna do a trade, a Palpy, Djas Puhr, or a bloody Bespin Luke would be most welcome. :)

Jinn Fizz
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:08:48 PM
Yowza, my Wally World was still swimming in loot, and had added Palpy, Djas Puhr, Dooku, and Yoda to the pegs!!!! :crack

Still no Acklays, though :mad

JMK
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:42:03 PM
Wow! I went to my local walmart today. Wanna hear what they had? Sure you do.

2 Zam Wessels
2 Taun Wes
3 Jar Jars
1 Slave One.
1 Jedi Starfighter.

That's it. :\

Jinn Fizz
Jul 6th, 2002, 07:55:14 PM
Ouch!!!!>_<

I'm still amazed that my store had so much stock...I don't live in a great big urban hub or anything like that, so a lot of that stock will probably end up going unsold. Unless other people in town are doing what I'm doing, which is buying extras for friends who don't have the figures yet. :)

JMK
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:34:31 PM
I'm glad I'm not the hardcore collector I was in 99 or I'd be going insane, not to mention broke. I would be taking you up on your offer of helping me out, but in the end with exchange and shipping, it would average out to nearly $20 a figure, and I'm not prepared to pay that. Besides, I have pretty much all the figures I wanted to get, except for Boba Fett and Palpatine.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:07:41 PM
I saw a bunch of new ones today too, still I am a bit behind, I need 14 of the the 40, most of them are the new ones, except for 4, 3 of which (Anakin, the first one, Jar Jar, and a Battle Droid) are easy to find, I still can't find Dooku anywhere, he has been hard to find, I have no clue why, might just be my area. And to make it worse my nephew wants a Yoda and there isn't one with in a 30 mile raidus of me (I have been to every Walmart, Target, Kmart and the only ToysR US near me and none of them have it) I am tempted to take a drive up to Atlanta and check out there (I still want that Dooku) but I figure I will find it I am sure there will be some around Christmas.

JMK
Jul 8th, 2002, 03:57:44 PM
The fan club hasn't got them, do they? You can't order Dooku from anywhere off the net for a decent price? ie, $10 max?

Hunk
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:29:39 AM
Oddly enough, I have plenty of Acklays around here, but no Han Solos, no Chewy, no Qui-Gons, no Endor Soldiers, no Orn Free Taas and no Puhrs.

Jedieb
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:56:03 PM
I think K-Bee is going to have a sale this week with figs for less than $4. That might be a good place to check. They may even offer some of them online. It's worth a look.

Hunk
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:21:40 PM
Well would you look at that. I stopped at Kaybee on the way home from work today looking for new transormers. Nothing on that front, but I did see pegs upon pegs of every new figure I could want.

I decided to pick up Chewy and pilot Obi Wan with my limited funds...of course the day was spoiled when, on my way home, my accelerator cable broke, stranding me.

Jedieb
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:30:39 PM
Tough break Hunk. Hey, what were the prices? If they weren't on sale then you might be able to price match this weekend if they go on sale.

Hunk
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:36:45 AM
$5 when I went. And thanks for the idea, I never would have thought of price-matching