PDA

View Full Version : Hatebreed: A Painkiller Introduction

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:11:57 AM
Unfortunate, it is, that ships need supplies and the like. Fuel, for both the craft and passengers, is not hard to come by of course, but the fact that one must deter from their journey to aqquire said items is irrating. The ever present Coruscant city is a good enough place as any to buy any commodity, and - on their return trip of Korriban - it happened to be the place that Vega and Gitane Van-Derveld stopped off at. One of the planetside ports took in the Praetor Fenix, allowing for the Sith to depart out into the city quickly.

The pair would not stay together, purely to quicken the journey. Gitane took to the westside of the city to pick up fresh food, while the Sith Lord moved east across the less-developed side of the city to find a ship repair shop. Most of the roads and pathways in this quarter of the town were dusty and rarely used, though still managed to sprout small plants and the like - rapidly crushed under foot by Vega as he stalked forward.

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:40:34 AM
This Cloak was one of a growing preoccupation in the galaxy; He had begun to hate all the followers, the sheep, and shadows of warriors who had willingly become slaves to their own power. He always thought it was odd, how often he had heard this man state "for the good of the darkside" even at the murder of his own son, surly this man confused power with surveitude.

It was of no real consequence to Slayn however. Both sides would destroy each other, forgetting about the third party, and those who rule the force would be left to grow and learn.

This man however was of particular interest, he was around during Slayn's stay at the Empire, had in fact insulted him many times, and clamed Eve for himself as a brother...

What was to happen, and the irritation felt by the young Cloak, was far more than petty vengeance, it was amusement. Vega had long been stronger than Slayn, but now he had surpassed even this Sith Lord.

As the Sith Lord, yet again, crushed life at the bottom of his boot, Slayn began his subterfuge. The plants he had crushed amounted to nothing in the big picture, Slayn watched all this while hanging up-side-down from the under side of a precipice about five meters up. He was veiled in the dark life, hidden in a shadow darker than Vega's heart. That same energy began to swoon out of the several crushed plants, and some few live vines climbing up the walls of un-tended buildings. The darkness came around flanking the Sith, and cutting him off by means of a wall in front of him.

That wall was darker than onyx, but seemed to be fluid and moving; Upon closer inspection Vega might notice a face, deep inside the dark wall of life.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:52:32 AM
Presence worked its way around Vega in snaking wisps. At first faint, much like the usual life energy which one would sense on such a densely populated planet, but then growing. The size elevated in bounds and within seconds had become a thump inside the Sith Lord's brain. On instinct he shot a glance around him ...

... almost walking into a wall.

One eyebrow quirked upwards as he turned, physically indifferent, to the block. Quite visibly now he could see the spirit energy in the form of tendrils. Each strand ached as it stretched out towards him before drawing inward and enveloping its host once more. The process repeated itself over and over, a form of ethereal respiration.

Even to the naked eye it appeared living, fluid like in structure. The texture, though dark, seemed faintly translucent and almost mimicked a mirage on the outer layer – a hazy gas encompassing what was within. Even more curious than this was the entity embedded within. Two opaque eyes wreathed in a gaunt ebony face stared out from the shadows.

In response to the sudden appearance, the Lupine Sith drew the hilt of his saber from his belt and rose it upwards. The butt of the weapon was then aimed firmly towards the center of the two spectral eyes. A smirk played on his lips.

“Impressive trick, but I’m not in the mood for games, so get your sorry ass out of my way before I thrash it to the seven layer of hell.”

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:31:18 PM
The eyes seemed to dissipate into the hues of blue surrounding the grey and black matter. A brighter face appeared, it was obscured at first but vega quickly recognized it as his son, Thanatos Van-Derveld.

Slayn thought perhaps this would calm him, a site at what he had done to himself, his family? How Slayn did enjoy subterfuge, and to control someone through their emotions; It is fitting that Sith draw their power from emotion... It makes them better puppets. He thought to himself, just before letting a small surge of laughter out into the passage.

"Hehhe..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:38:57 PM
The fibers inhaled slowly and began to form a mould around the face. First the eyes gained tissue around them; one faintly violet and the other showing the subtlest suggestion of pale green. Skin tone became nothing more than a black mesh, with cheek bones shifting almost cautiously to fit into place. Second to the reshaping of the face came a thin organic fringe of hair, composed solely of the dark energies, constantly swaying and moving back and forth.

To Vega it was quite obvious who was staring out at him. The effects of decay had not withered this visage far enough to make it indecipherable. However, much unlike this impassive reminder of his past – whose expression told nothing of its pain or anguish – the Sith was ever unresponsive. A keen observer might have noticed a momentary lapse of concentration and slight wince on his first recognition of the face, but this quickly disappeared.

“Yes, the traitor – tell me, my furtive tail, exactly why are you showing me such filth?”

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:50:15 PM
The face began to speak as Slayn manipulated it from a close distance, he had grown so used to using this dark energy, this life... He could see out of the eyes of the dead jedi.

" Father, I... 've c... come to hel...p you, This... is tak... ing all... of my... stre...ngth..."

From the depths, of this darkness Vega could begin to see more familiar faces, grandparents, and children, all calling his name, and speaking some personal message...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:53:51 PM
Taking a step forward, he squinted somewhat. Half-closed eyes peered back into those of a collection of victims, slain at the Sith’s hands – or as a consequence of his judgements.

“I was hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with anymore if your whining after you died,” he sneered.

“It seems fate has decided to play a cruel joke on me and let you complain at me from your grave.”

Vega laughed quietly and looked sideways, running his free hand back through his hair.

“Go on then, tell me what you’re going to help me with, I need a good laugh.”

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:08:06 PM
"It doesn't seem that we can Vega, you must first realize that you are a slave. Then wished to be helped."

This was the replies of all the voices at one, it surged into Vega's mind, graced with the Cloak's power it echoed in all parts of Vega's heart, and mind. Vega felt a strong stir of fear somewhere deep inside himself, The faces rose up together, and decade rapidly as they screamed there message, until finally nothing was left, save for the inky mass...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:13:00 PM
“Ah, so not only are you annoying,” he replied as he leant back away from the barrier, “you are also self-righteous.”

With a smug smile, he brought his arms to fold tightly across his chest and canted his head to the side slightly as he regarded the shadows.

“I am no slave, I am the slave driver. All around me bow to my will, and submit to my command.”

Slayn Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:19:02 PM
A single voice now spoke, and it was of his son; It came from behind Vega, and sounded strong.

" And what do you submit to father?"

Upon turning around Vega would see his son, fully poised for battle, with a very unfamiliar saber...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:23:00 PM
“I submit to my Mistress, and nothing else.”

He took a step forward, with a cocky swagger. In his eyes it was evident that he really did believe all that he said.

“Do you think that you can scare me like this? Your mother rose from the grave twice, Thanatos. It’s going to take more than a little haunting to faze me.”

The saber hilt he’d been holding in his hand became active with a fluid gesture of one hand; the brilliant yellow beam coursing to life with a crackle.

“Come on then, poltergeist,” he said jerking his saber up in an evocative mock salute.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:33:57 PM
The boy flew at Vega with full force, this strike was preemptive and gave vega very little time to react; Had Vega in fact not lifted his saber in a mocking motion he would have been scarred worse than the cut that now ran down his face. At this Vega had a short thought... This didn't feel like a true saber wound, though it hurt all the same.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:38:59 PM
On automatic instinct he drew away as a pain surged up through his forehead, causing him to grit his teeth. Within an instant, however, he'd shaken away the pain and had locked his gaze firmly upon the one before him. Seraphim cleaved upwards in a high power arc at the boy’s mid section as the Sith Lord pushed his whole body forward, throwing his weight into the attack.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:52:06 PM
The sabers clashed together in a glorious display of colors. The young Van- Dreveled spoke to his father, before making a final ploy to his father.

" You can't continue to live like this, as I did, and many others have father. We're all Slaves to our power. We follow our precious force, but to what? To the end of people we love, or ourselves... How long has it been since you were the man mom loved? Before she to was involved in this power struggle?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:56:17 PM
"Power struggle? There is no struggle. I opress, and you submit."

A content smile spread over the Sith's lips.

"You have no chance of making a difference on my ways or any else for that matter - you are insubstantial, insignificant and obsolete."

Slayn Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:01:45 PM
At that very moment Slayn fell from his perch and was greeted by the darkness; He fell through it and rose again out of it behind Vegas son. It was cold in the womb of dark energy, It burned Slayn's skin as he passed through, it gave his pale skin a blueish hue.It trickled off his head and body as he rose from Thanatos's own shadow, it seemed as water dripping off a vessel exiting it.

Slayn held out his hand, and called for Eternity; The saber sprang to life, but was only activated on one side. The second it came to hand the young Cloak flinched his wrist sending the blade across the neck of the younger Van-Dreveled, and decapitating him.

Darkness poured from the headless body, the substance that had blockaded Vega in this very passage, had now maid him captive. It streamed on to his body encompassing it, all the while more swooning to him as tendrils, tearing into his flesh, and twisting about his body.

This in turn had taken much from Slayn's mind; It was necessary he concentrate and continue to force his will upon this darkness. When all was done Vega had been forced straight, with arms heald outward from his body. He was restrained by the darkness, and had been disarmed.

Slayn paced around him slowly. He didn't yet brake his silence, but instead, observed Vega's actions, and speech.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:51:27 AM
The symbiotic shadows choked him. Their arms ached for his flesh, covering it and slithering across his skin to leave the hairs on his body standing upright. The sleek substance moved upwards, over his eyes, washing over his face into his mouth – a sickening sludge. At first he coughed, them became accustomed to the darkness as its density dispersed. Yet still, he was paralyzed. Cyan eyes roamed from the grungy mist over them to the one before him.

As the slim figure skulked around him he grit his teeth, squirming about. In such a state like this he could be likened to his feral form; a wolverine, unrelenting even when at a total disadvantage.

“What is the meaning of this?!”

Vega barked his words, each laced with an oozing reminder of the shadows that held him, causing a timbre whine to layer over each syllable.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:31:23 PM
The keeper of shadow felt contentment in this statement. The meaning of anything was to be interpreted by the mind it had effected, it was comforting to here these words from his captive; Perhaps in fact Slayn could teach this to Vega. He forced his words into the mind of the Sith lord, they were only his will, not harsh or bearing tone...

" That is up to you Vega... What does it mean to you, to see your mind, and all those you've wronged? The master you serve has fooled you, in fact in the greatest way."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 13th, 2002, 03:29:54 AM
“Tell, oh enigmatic one,” he sneered sarcastically.

“Why should I care for those pitiful souls who I have apparently wronged? They bare no weight upon my conscience.”

Slayn Cloak
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:29:03 PM
"Perhaps not, but the fact remains. On most levels you only wronged yourself."

The cloak continued to pace as he forced his words into the mind of the Sith Lord.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:31:16 AM
Vega canted his head, and shrugged.

"Did I? For some reason, I can't bring myself to care."

Slayn Cloak
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:41:27 AM
"Vega, we're all joined, all the same being- Waves on the ocean's surface, and yet; We chop each other a part at any given moment, for what? To serve our cause, for balance? That's preposterous...
I can't force you to understand, no , only force you to look. I will dispel your restraints, we will walk together."

Slayn closed his eyes and slowly all the darkness began to flow to him. Slayn had been weakened from exerting control over the dark matter. Vega could be a problem if he decided to fight; Knowing that Slayn drew a large amount of the energy back into his being, it refreshed him, but only dispelled a small portion. The remaining darkness was wrapped around the Keeper as a cloak- Vega was now free.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:53:52 AM
He instantly stepped forward and palmed his saber into hand, passing it from his left to right.

"Walk with you? The figure who only moments ago held me captive? Tell me, friend, am I to believe that your intentions for me are nothing but good after having be overpowered by you so?"

Vega leant back on his heels, his free hand gesturing outwards sharply.

"I care not for your philosophy and tricks, boy."

Slayn Cloak
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:15:27 PM
"He heh he he ha ha "

A laugh escaped the lips of the young Cloak, Vega was quite the eccentric. Slayn stepped back in compensation for Vegas movement before continuing to converse with him.

" If good and bad are there means, then I have no intentions. I only wish to help you see what you so eagerly desire. Why all the training and havoc if not for lust? Why is it that such a desire is never quenched?"

Slayn glared at Vega as he tilt his head slightly to the right. He turned to the right, putting his back to vega, and began to look up at the night sky.

" Is it my philosophy you're not willing to hear, or the cry of your own soul"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:41:55 AM
Reluctantly, he replied,

"Enlighten me then with your oh so wise words."

Slayn Cloak
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:41:41 AM
Slayn turned back to Vega and locked eye's with him. His will ripped into Vega's mind lashing out at him, searching for every relevant memorie and forcing them in to his consciousness.

" You'll enlighten your self Vega "

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:33:15 AM
A tsunami of images flooded his consious and instantly Vega's knees gave way, dropping the Lupine the ground. He threw his hands upwards and grabbed his head as the blur in his mind throbbed and cracked, an aching pain that felt like it could split his skull. The Lupine had, unlike most, focused upon his physical attirbutes as apposed to mental prowess, thus found himself completely undefended against such mental attacks.

The memories that reeled through slowed on occasion, as many went further out of focus to reveal one clear and crisp shot. The freeze frames ranged from brief moments in his childhood, some good and bad - his father, his mother, elder brother. Jump forward to early adolesence as the young Vega piloted something - and crashed it. Then his mother thrown outwards. Abused. The self righteous cackle of his father.

Spring forward to a week ago. Gitane, who he had loved for so long - covered in red. Back a year to when Darius had slaughtered her so brutally, forward to when he had grovelled at her feet, back to when he was born, forward to his training, back to their marriage. Back. Forward. Back. Forward.

Lord Van-Derveld, destroyer of worlds.

His training. Dara. The one he wanted, but couldn't touch. Sumor, how he'd hate him, and Havok, the other. Dyne, his friend and rival. Dara again, blurs of blue and crimson as lightning struck through the air upon his first day of harnessing the attack. A strong profound sense of power filling his being on his ascension to Knight, pride on becoming a Warrior, hope on acception as a Disciple.

Lord Van-Derveld, scourge of the galaxy.

Physically he leant forward and let out a groan, watching each and every injury he'd ever received - the scars, the bruises, the cuts - open freshly in his mind. In turn the horror dealt onto others became an eruption of red, as faces of hundreds of innocents screamed out for mercy in their final moments of life.

"Nauh...G-get.. out of my.. mind..."

Lord Van-Derveld, the little boy playing God.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:31:16 PM
Slayn watched the Sith lord at war with himself, this was no attack; Slayn only put Vega in touch with his memories, it was Vega himself that had brought this agony upon himself.

"You're doing this to yourself Van- Dreveled, can you see now, or is your vision still clouded?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:55:05 AM
The slick fog that veiled his sight lifted at the sound of Slayns voice, and he looked up into the visage of the young Cloak with a mixed expression - confusion and rage meshed.

"... What the hell was that?" he barked out.

Suddenly feeling another sharp pain in the back of his skull, he cringed and double over once more.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:19:24 AM
" That, dear Vega, is your mind, and the world you have created for yourself. It's not as boutyful as you had once though... hmm?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:52:58 AM
He snarled through clenched teeth.

"That was nothing but memories on overload..."

Vega pulled himself up to his feet, staring down on Slayn.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 28th, 2002, 03:28:58 AM
" If you chose not to see, I can do nothing to opose that. I told you I would show you, you have to understand it for yourself."

Slayn turned from Vega and continued walking down the ally slowly.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:00:37 AM
His eyes followed the figure as he walked away, one eyebrow raising somewhat. That was it? After this display he would just leave? Curious. Vega smirked and stood still... just watching.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:16:38 PM
Slayn stoped and turned around to face Vega. He looked at him and shook his head slowly.

" If you're quite done, shall we?"

Slayn extended his armlifting his hand, with the rise of his hand, arose Van-dreveled. He was now standing as Slayn made him aware of his will.

" We haven't the time Vega, come..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 30th, 2002, 02:25:17 AM
Thus he was drawn to the figure, and a sense of flippancy filled him. Whatever he had in stall for the Lupine, why fear it? He was untouchable, and could take it all.

"Come?"

He began walking, following in tow.

"Where?"

Slayn Cloak
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:45:29 PM
" What have we leaned Vega?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 4th, 2002, 03:30:57 AM
"That you are a trickster whose next moves I cannot guess."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:31:11 AM
"A trickster Vega, perhaps. Though I must strongly suggest otherwise. Vega you're forgetting the point, I'm here to help you, because somewhere inside of you there's power and you used that to call out to me."

Slayn stopped and turned around in mid step to face Vega. He locked eyes with him and went deep into his mind. He gave Vega a very simple notion, one that was also very true, Vega had a tremendous headache.

" I will find that power Vega, even if I have to rip it out of your skull!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:35:34 AM
Vega's knees quaked beneath him. He tore one hand upwards and threw Slayn backwards a good six feet, letting out a loud roar.

"ALRIGHT!"

His pupils dilated into even thinner slits than normal as he focused on Slayn.

"Enough games, find the power in me then. But no more of this.. mind... play."

He had submitted, finally.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:58:59 AM
Slayn pushed his arms back behind him in the air, as if he had something to press against. His body stopped and el slowly to the ground, his right foot touching then his left. He walked back to Vega and spoke again.

"Yes that's it, there is a part of it Vega, but you needn't be angry or in pain to do that, you must grow passed that. Are you ready to leave behind your silly ways as a Sith? Stop serving some council and ambient power, to serve yourself, to gain true power?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 5th, 2002, 02:56:35 AM
Stop serving the Council? He should have been on the Council, he was stronger than half of those fools, yet they wasted him. Why should he serve them? His mind had wandered to this many a time recently, and conclusions were drawing close.

"Indeed I am," he said with utmost confidence.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:13:37 PM
Slayn smiled, and a sigh of contempt had passed his lips...

" Then Vega embrace your power, travel to Vjun, and seek out yourself, overcome the keeper... and join the fold."

Slayn took a few steps back and continued to smile...

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 8th, 2002, 03:50:42 AM
"... Vjun."

He nodded. Vega turned from Slayn and lowered his gaze.

"Your 'help', if I could possibly call it that, will be dually noted when I reach Vjun."