PDA

View Full Version : Because He Never Cried...

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:07:20 AM
Maia sat at the window in her room. Her eye's distant, lost. There were so many things that she had yet to resolve with her past. So many things that still ate at her soul. She had loved her brothers and sister. Had loved them unconditionally. But she did not agree with what they did. She still hurt because she could not make them see how sick all of there lives were, how wrong her parents were for raising them the ay they did.

Closing her eyes she remembered. "Mikal, come play with me. Why do you always have to train at fighting?" said a twelve year old Maia. Mikal grinned at his small sister." Maia I have no time to play with you now. So stop begging." A mock frown on his face. "Please Mikal I will clean your room if you do." An innocent loving grin from Maia. "Ok Maia but just for a bit. Mikal had sat down to play with Maia. It had meant so much to the small girl. "I love Ari, thank you so much for getting him for me." I'm glad you like him Maia" That was when our father walked up anger heating his face, twisting his features into an evil mask. "Have I taught you nothing boy. What are you a sissy? Playing with a girl bah." He had yelled. A terrified Maia cringed. Mikal grimaced in displeasure. "She only wanted someone to entertain her father."

That was when her father had hit Mikal. Hit him hard enough to knock him to the ground and he had kept hitting him until Mikal could no longer stand. He had then turned his attention to his youngest child. The one who he felt was a burr in his side. He had hit her to but she had ran. Mikal would not run just as he would not cry.

Maia had cried for the both of them. She could hear her fathers voice yelling after her that he would kill Ari. That she was nothing more than a wasted life. Maia still cried for Mikal, she wondered if he had ever learned to cry. Mikal had not known that she had watched her father slaughter her first beloved Ari. Mikal had taken the mangled bird away and replaced him with another. Maia had known but she could not tell her brother.

Maia had never asked her brother to play again. She sat and watched him become what her father wanted him to be and she cried for the both of them...

Dios Kane
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:12:36 AM
:: Dios was never good at sensing things in the force too well but when he awoke to what he thought was a hangover he looked out the window. It wasn't a hangover because he could still see straight but then it was something really hurting his head. He stumbled out the door and walked towards the pain's source. Whatever it was, he wanted to stop it so he had to find it first. He stumbled to a door and knocked gently, just because he hurt didn't excuse him for being rude.::
Hello? Is anybody there?

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:16:37 AM
Maia wiped the tears from her cheeks and put Ari on his perch. She did not want anyone to know how much she ached inside, how badly she missed her brother.

"Yes, I'm here. Please come in." She called out as she straightened her clothing and brushed her hair from her face. Putting on a smile that felt as if it would shatter her face...

Dios Kane
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:22:01 AM
:: She opened the door just in time for Dios to drop to his knees and fall over.::
Maia, it's you... please stop crying... I'm sorry for whatever pain has been caused to you.
:: Dios looked up from the ground at her face. He grimaced as he started to get up::
You aren't too good at smiling after you cry ya know that? Somethings definitly wrong, cuz you gave me pains in the head like somebody had hit me a few times. Do you need to talk about something? Holding something in can only cause more pain, not only to yourself as you can see, but to others.

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:30:07 AM
Maia's mouth dropped open at the sight of Dios on his knees at her door. She immediately reached out to help him but his words stopped her cold. She had not meant to hurt anyone else with her pain. What her parents had done had hurt enough people.

"I'm sorry Dios. I didn't think I was hurting anyone. I didn't realize." She stammered. Pulling him up she led him to a chair.

"Sometimes it hurts to much and I start thinking about my past." Maia blushed a deep red. She didn't want anyone to know of her shameful past. Nor did she want anyone to know that they were darksiders and she had failed all of her siblings by running instead of trying to help them out of the darkside.

"It's just that I miss my brother." Maia did not exactly lie but she had avoided the complete truth. "I'm sorry for hurting you Dios." She whispered in a broken voice...

Dios Kane
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:36:01 AM
:: Dios looked into her eyes as they welled up again. She had other things to say but she wouldn't speak of them, that was fine. Not everybody just blurts out their problems when a man on his knees shows up at their door. But he could sense something there. This seemed t be the only time he could percieve things so well with the force. He wondered why but disregarded it as something set off an alarm in his head::
You have something to do with the dark side? It's not you then, I was a sith myself and it must be something about the darkside that's hurting me. Please don't cry... please stop.
:: He lifted his hand up to Maia's face and brushed away a tear from her cheek.::
Please

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:45:48 AM
Maia looked away from Dios. She was not used to having others see her pain. Not even her brother had seen her cry very often. She had hid it from him, hid her pain so he would not suffer anymore than he had.

"Why did he become everything he hated? Why does he stay there? I have watched countless cruelties heaped on him. I have seen the pain in his eyes and I could feel his need to let go. But he never cried, no matter how much he hurt Dios he never cried. But he hurt so much." She whispered softly. Her face turning red as she forced the words from her lips.

"He is what our father wanted him to be and I can feel his hate for it. He saved me from that life because he knew it was killing me. Why wouldn't he save himself?" She asked in an almost pleading tone...

Dios Kane
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:55:41 AM
Some people are placed on paths that they knew it was either this way or die. And then they are given the chance to save others from that path while risking their own. They were determined to their path but making sure nobody was to follow. Such life is called duty. He saved himself when he saved you. He might feel pain but he can still see through it and know that you lived. With that known he will stay stronger and will endure through his trials.
:: Dios closed his eyes and rested his head on his fist, such pain had not been felt since the acid rain. It had hurt him deeply but she was calming down when he spoke and the pain was slowly receding.::

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 02:04:05 AM
"Yes, he saved me but how many lives will he take. Will he live long enough to know that he didn't have to be what our father wanted? A Sith?" Maia asked.

"He came here not to long ago and I tried to tell him how wrong being a Sith is. That he did not have to go on with what our father wanted. But he called me a fool. He has not been back sense." She said as she wandered over to Ari. Picking him up she nuzzled his soft feathers. His soft cooing soothed her soul.

"I didn't mean to rant at you Dios or cause you any pain. But sometimes I feel so lost and I not very good at seeking help. Forgive me my foolishness I should have thought first and not dwelled on what I cannot change."

Dios Kane
Jun 30th, 2002, 02:10:56 AM
He is Sith. Sith reap death and destruction for their dark side. How can you tell him he's wrong when he had been trained to the belief that the jedi are built upon spreading lies. You did not rant to me and your pain is understandable. I know what being lost is like...
:: Dios smiled as he opened his eyes and saw her holding the bird::
What kind of bird is that?

Maia Tharrinn
Jun 30th, 2002, 02:37:07 AM
"Yes, he is a Sith but in my heart I do not believe he wants to be one." She whispered. Sitting down she placed Ari on her small shoulder.

"Mikal my brother gave him to me long ago." Her mouth drew down as she remembered. "He is a Great Horned Owl. Though he looks a lot like a hawk." She said with loving pride. Ari cocked his head at her. He knew when she spoke of him.

"He has kept me sane through a lot of hard times." Glancing up at Dios she offered a small smile unable to give more than that. "Thank you for listening to me."

Dios Kane
Jul 1st, 2002, 02:40:44 PM
:: Dios smiled as she did, to see her smile kept him from noticing the lingering pain.::
It's good that you have a friend to share things with such as Ari. We all need something to hold us down in this reality. But I'm tired and I would like to go back to bed so sleep well and sweet dreams, I wish I had those...
:: Dios got up and walked to the door. He looked back and smiled::