PDA

View Full Version : Emporor with a Lightsaber?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:18:47 PM
Shoudent the Emporor know how to battle with a lightsaber?
He raised Darth Maul from birth, and Darth Maul was super in sabering, wouden't it be incredible if we seen him battle with one in the Episode 3?

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:46:54 PM
Maul could possibly have learned from Sidious' Sith holocron, but it does stand to reason that the emperor has some lightsaber skills. I doubt we'll see them though. His weapon was his ability to manipulate and out think, until ROTJ that is.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:44:32 PM
We might though I am hoping we see him do something huge possibly to Mace in EP 3. I think it stands to reason he knows how to use a lightsaber and since all we have seen him do is force lighting, which now doesn't look that impressive since Dooku has used it, I think he needs to do somthing big. Maybe they realize that Palpatine is it and Mace confronts him, thinking he can defeat him, I can see the fight now, he first takes out his Imperial Guards (it would be cool to actually see them fight) and then confronts Palpatine but Palpatine defeats without breaking a sweat. I still think Boba is involved in this somehow maybe leads Mace into a trap.

Ilyn Pyke
Jun 29th, 2002, 11:38:42 PM
IMHO, the Emperor is trained with a lightsaber though he did not bear one in ROTJ. Mostly because of his Imperial Guard whom are the elite of the elite and themselves are said to be trained to battle Force users. But an even greater reason was Darth Vader himself.

Plus, I would think these combat skills are absolutely required or else the Emperor would be one very vulnerable Master... should Maul or Dooku get overly ambitious.

JMK
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:48:29 AM
I'm sure he can use one with the best of them if he had to, but his knowledge of the force dictates that he doesn't need to use it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 30th, 2002, 02:43:12 PM
I still would like to see him use one or do something else different in EP 3 he hasn't done anything with the force except force lighting and uncuff Luke's handcuffs I would love to see him do something else.

Overflow
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:01:54 PM
the reason why Sidious isn't carrying a weapon in ROTJ is that he wanted to trick Luke into using his anger : "I am unarmed, strike me down with all of your anger ! ..."
i think that Palpy IS going to have a light saber in ep III.
i mean why not ?

darth_mcbain
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:12:50 PM
Before Ep. II, to think of Yoda wielding a lightsaber was pretty far out there. I'd like to see Palpatine show his talents as well - aside from manipulation and Force lightning, a saber display would be awesome!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:07:38 PM
I remember before Ep 2 we didn't think that we would see Yoda or Palpatine (the two most powerful force users) with lightsabers, well now we have seen Yoda and I think we should see Palpatine, at least do something big. Also have to remember Yoda's line to Luke in ROTJ, "don't underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will." I think that means something for Ep 3 we will see just how powerful Palpatine is.

Super Wookiee
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:34:56 AM
I think its a sure bet that we will see Palpy saber battle in EP3.

But what will his saber be like?

I'm thinking a big red curved blade

Darth_Ytnom
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:45:02 PM
http://www.starwarsfx.com/images/EP2-%20ANAKINDARK.jpg

Chase Starwalker
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:34:46 PM
hmmm i'd rather see him not use one...

darth_mcbain
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:09:19 PM
Originally posted by Super Wookiee
I'm thinking a big red curved blade

I would like to see him with a saber, but I wouldn't like it to be too gimmicky like a curved saber... Simple red works for me.

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:43:43 PM
Me too, but I'd rather not see him use a saber.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:33:57 PM
I hope he doesn't use yet another lightsaber with a gimmick, too. Why don't we see Jedi gimmicky sabers? Enough with the unique Sith stuff... just a plain red lightsaber was good enough for Darth Vader, after all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:47:29 PM
Well, Obi Wan's was knobbed for pleasure.

No, I didn't say that. *waves hand*

*scampers off*

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:13:02 PM
Bad LD, BAD!!!:spank

Jedieb
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:18:55 PM
In some of the Maul EU Palpy uses a lightsaber, but that doesn't gaurantee squat for EP3. I would think that Palpy would be EXTREMELY proficient with a lightsaber. It's really a toss up as to whether we'll see him cut loose. If he doesn't use one, then I at least want to see him reveal his power and skills and some poor Jedi. Mace would be a good choice. He's got to go down and aside from a Dark Side weilding Anakin I can't think of anyone better to do the job.

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:53:15 PM
The only problem I foresee there is that assuming Lucas fulfills Jackson's request to go out in a blaze of glory, he probably won't be killed by Palpy. Blaze of glory stuff sort of implies (IMO anyway) that you go down on the front lines, and I don't see Palpy being a front-line kind of guy. I could be wrong though. Maybe Dooku will tell Palpy that Yoda joined in his fight, so to even the score, Palpy will join the front lines for his cause.

Jedieb
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:44:17 PM
That's one way for Mace to go down. But I'd rather see him fall in a climatic Mace V. Sith showdown. Something along along the lines of Yoda V. Dooku. It was part of the battle of Geonosis, but removed enough so that it could be the only thing you were focusing on at the time. I just really think only 3 people should have a shot at killing Mace; Dooku, Anakin, or Palpy. If he dies in the middle of some grand battle I'd be a little dissapointed. But not as much as if he's taken out by little Boba.:\

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:08:43 AM
How about Boba leading Mace into a trap into Palpatine's lair maybe he has to fight a bunch of his red guards first (would be cool to see them actually do something) then Palpatine and we see why he is so powerful. I think this would be a perfect scenerio, Boba gets his revenge and Mace gets killed by a Sith.

JMK
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:52:21 AM
Not a bad idea, especially with the royal guards.
What does Boba have that would make Mace follow him?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:48:41 AM
Not sure but I can think of maybe two possibilities, either Boba claims he knows something and wants Mace to follow him, or Boba kills another Jedi maybe a member of the council and Mace goes after him and enters the trap.

Imide
Jul 16th, 2002, 03:04:17 AM
But being young and relativly untrained, wouldn't Boba probably have a hard time hiding his true intentions from a skilled Jedi Master?

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 03:08:11 AM
Considering that EP III is suppsoed to be three years after Ep II, I would say so

Super Wookiee
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:43:20 AM
But won't Boba actually be quite a bit older in Episode 3 due to accelerated clone growth?

and back to the saber thingy

I think it makes perfect sense for Palpy to have a different type of saber. 1. Star Wars is supposed to be diverse. 2. Sabers reflect the style, skill and training of the user. In Ep2 two we saw jedi fighting with different numbers of sabers and in different ways. 3. Maul's saber and Dooku's saber are not unique in the star wars universe.

darth_mcbain
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:57:00 AM
Boba was an unaltered clone, so he should grow at a normal rate.