PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgoblin of little minds.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 29th, 2002, 01:04:04 AM
A diminutive figure entered Yoghurt's Bar.

At first glance, it might seem to be the fabled Jedi Master himself. Indeed, there was a certain presence about the being that seemed to stretch around him, to draw the eye and quiet the tongue. Truth be told, the entrant could appear the spitting image of Yoghurt should he wish it so.

But he did not wish to do so. He was Hobgoblin, Dark Jedi of great power, and he preferred people to recognize him by sight, for tonight at least.

Using a gnarled stick as a makeshift cane, Hob walked over to a table, where he sat. One of his continuing projects had been studies of the Jedi, and here in this place of peace was an opportunity to do just that.

"Water," Hob called to the serving droid. "With lemon. Please."

Then he settled in to wait.

Estelle Russard
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:12:40 PM

Estelle Russard
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:13:26 PM
Staring from where she sat, a table a little distance from where the crooked little man took his seat, Estelle Russard sipped thoughtfully on a chilled glass of orange juice.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:38:00 PM
The Count walked in and noticed the Yoghurt look alike, but knew who he was. He approached the being and calmly asked, " How are you today sir?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:27:42 PM
... And along the form of the legendary Hobgoblin hurried Jibrielle, his loyal apprentice. She didn't know if he realized if she had followed him or not, but she didn't quite like being by herself. So, while she prayed that her presence wouldn't anger him, she sat down at the other end of the table.

It was the first time she had heard him order anything else besides an ale and didn't know whether or not to be surprised. "Sir?" She squeaked. Seeing him glance in her direction, she tried again.

"Sir? I hope you don't mind ... I mean, I can leave if you want to. If that's what you want, I'll gladly oblige -"

Jibrielle cut herself off, silently cursing. She always seemed to babble when she was nervous.

Estelle Russard
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:11:38 PM
Estelle noted the new arrival and the tentative way she approached the dwarf.

Newcomers to the B & G could mean many things...news of the galaxy, news of friends, or even on the odd occasion, news of trouble.

The Jedi knight slipped from her chair and made her way over to where they were in order to ease her curiosity.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:27:50 PM
The Count sensed another Jedi presense around. " Hello, I am Count Kindo. What is your name?", He asked the Jedi who had just walked over to where they were standing.

Estelle Russard
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:36:34 PM
Estelle held out a welcoming hand.

"My name is Estelle Russard. I have not seen you here before, though I have been a way for the past little while. Nice to meet you Cound Kindo."

She turned to the other, stranger company, immediately sensing a dark energy from both, the dwarf very much so.

"Welcome, friends. We are happy to meet you."

She waited to see if they would volunteer who they were.

Azhure Darkstone
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:10:58 AM
:;Seeign estelle, a friend, she walked up to her nodded and looked at the visitors. They had a darkness about them and Azhure not being one to trust, smiled at them in a greeting, no sign of her misttrust showing::

Good day, I am Azhure. Who are you fine gentlemen?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:24:23 AM
" I am Count Kindo. Jedi Padiwan. It's an honor to meet you, my lady." He reached out his hand.

crono katon
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:14:25 AM
Crono walked into the bar and seen many people starting to gather in a group so he figured he would see what was up. While walking over to the group Crono grabs a chair and sats it down at an empty spot at the table

"Hey, Whats up"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 30th, 2002, 04:35:12 PM
The Dark Jedi Hobgoblin arched an eyebrow at Jibrielle. "You are welcome to go where you like, apprentice," he said, as though surprised she should ask. "For how else would you learn, but by doing?"

Hob suddenly turned to the Jedi who had gathered around. "Isn't that right?"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:36:48 PM
"That is correct," a voice came from the crowd as a dark clothed man made his way to the table. He stared at Estelle, his cold blue eyes gazing at the young woman.

"I see your bounty hunter companion is not present? Pity."

Millard smiled, knowing Estelle did not recognize him. He was in his Maester Wargrave ID, continuing his study of the Jedi. He hadn't expected to see Master Hobgoblin here, but it did not suprise him.

The Dark Jedi took a seat next to his two companions, "I believe the man asked you a question," he addressed the crowd of Jedi before them.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:24:37 AM
From the other end of the bar, a new voice spoke. Soft, but penetrating, with a strange accent. The voice was partially muffled by a hood that hid his features and the pipe, which he was smoking.

"That depends on whethet the question deserves searching for and if the question deserves an answer.... Master "

Eyes that were hidden assessed and a mind, powerful and deep in the Force reached out, sensing and probing quietly and softly. And making notes.

Well, well, well..... this is an interesting gathering we have here tonight.

Edit : Stupid me, misread something. Just removed a word

Estelle Russard
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:19:19 PM
Estelle greeted Azhure warmly, it was good to see her. She smiled hello to Crono also.

Her smile dropped a little in unsurety as Wargrave addressed her.."Kazaar? You know Aurelias?" (old aquaintances of Aurelias usually meant some kind of trouble heading this way...the bounty hunter was always stompping on the wrong toes..And how did this man know her?)

Her question hung in the air as Marcus spoke from the other end of the bar...adding to Estelle's curiosity regarding the dwarf...did he just call this one Master Yogurt...?

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:08:33 PM
A small pair of fingers gently poked Estelle's side and she turned to be greeted by a beaming Loki, a big, cheeky grin across his face. "Hey sis!" He loved to call her that, and the little boy threw his arms around the Jedi, the moment he'd seen her in the room he'd jumped down from his chair and found he couldn't run over fast enough.

"How're you doing?" He asked with curiosity having not seen her in a while but his attention was suddenly diverted as he recalled hearing a familiar voice amongst the growing crowd. He turned, then with narrowed eyes suddenly broke into a smile and said, "Ah, Mr. Wargrave. A pleasure to see you again."

Maester Wargrave
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:07:13 PM
Wargrave smiled at Estelle, "We are...acquainted so to speak. I do hope he is well.

"Ah, Mister Ahmrah," he smiled even larger at the sight of the young Jedi. Although the two differed in opinion, the Dark Jedi had always found discussions with young Loki to be quite refreshing- full of actual thoughts, not rhetoric.

He turned towards Marcus, feeling anger rise up at the sight of him, "Well Mister Q'Dunn, I believe the answer is worth telling. Experience tends to give benefit to those who encounter experiences. I believe that is all that was asked."

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:43:18 PM
"Was it now. I wonder, for I sense the real intent is not an innocent question. I also believe the statement is correct in it's broadness only - for things can be learned just by sitting and being passive. The real question is, is the lesson truly learnt? Experience is a poor teacher if you do not have the wisdom to take advantage of such a lesson, for there is more "

Another puff on the pipe, then silence

Maester Wargrave
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:04:27 AM
"Observation is a key, yes we agree there," Wargrave ordered a glass of water, "One can spend eight hours watching someone act and learn everything about them. But doing is also a key. If attempts and fails, then one tries again. If he uses a different tactic and succeeds then congratulations. If he uses the same tactics and fails- then he has not learned.

"Tell me Master Q'Dunn, as someone who observes and acts at the same time, do you try and teach your pupils the same? Or do you rush them into battle with full force and vigor?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:16:43 AM
She grabbed Loki up in a huge hug, very happy to see his grinning face.

"Oh Ive been here and there" she said teasingly, knowing he had a curiosity about absolutely everything that rivaled absolutely everyone, "and how about you..." (she resisted the urge to frassle his hair, though he deserved a good hair-frassling in her opinion, and instead punched him affectionately in the arm) "what misadventures has my little brother been mixed up in, hmm?"

Master Wargrave and Marcus engaged in conversation, and Estelle only caught the tail end of it, distracted entirely by the joy of seeing Loki. Releasing him from her embrace, she said softly, "a bit later, when its not so busy, (she glanced at those who were around them) we'll catch up on what you've been doing." Lowering her voice so only he could hear, she leaned close, his intelligent eyes so wise beyond his years, she asked "do you know this man, Wargrave, well Loki?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:42:07 AM
There was a pause - a puase that drew out before marcus spoke again.

"You disappoint me Wargrave. I know for a fact all you know of me is a name and a possible rank. My advice is do not presume you know because I may have been a different name you have made a connection with. Are you even convinced this is the real man you speak to and not another clever ruse?"

"Now allow me to correct you. Only a true simpleton can be learned in a mere few hours. And one does not simply try. You have much to learn of the Force if you believe as you said"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:54:28 AM
"In my observations, only countless number of hours studying, training, and practice can lead to results. But one does not simply study the Force. One must also study his adversaries and see what causes them to do what they do.

"It is why we are here. To study the Jedi and see what makes them tick, so to say. If I presumed I knew everything about the Jedi, I might as well have come in here with my lightsaber on, hacking away at Padawans and Knights.

"But no, Master Q'Dunn, I did not. I am here to observe. And observe I shall."

He turned from the haggard Jedi towards the Padawans at the table, "Do you agree with your Jedi Master? Or have other experiences shown you otherwise?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:05:57 AM
"Agree with what, might I ask? I have not made a statement, except one that allowed you expand on your words, which were too brief and factually wrong. Maybe you should be asking the Padawans if you are correct, not if they agree with me or not. That can wait until I make a defined statement"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:56:42 PM
Jibrielle sighed and nodded her head at her Master, looking around her surroundings. She felt slightly uncomfortable because. so many people clouded with "Light" surrounded her, but it would be best for her to remain silent.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:33:11 PM
"Misadventures?" He repeated, then looked suprised, joking with Estelle he asked, "Who me?" He then pulled his tongue out, pleased that he had got revenge for her teasing him. When she put him down he pulled out from behind his right ear a small padawan braid that was growing rather quickly. It was only about three or four inches long and seemed to blend in with the thick head of hair he now had; dark, wavy locks now reached the base of his neck at the back.

"I've been having a terrible time with this hair of mine!" He said in an as-a-matter-of-fact kind of way, then grinned, "You came back in the nick of time, it's getting out of control! But I have to keep growing it until the braid is long enough and I have to then cut it short like the others. What do you think?"

He chuckled as he modelled himself, doing a turn for her. Soon her attention was drawn to Wargrave and she brought Loki close, asking him if he knew him.

"Why yes, that's Mr. Wargrave; he's actually a Dark Jedi but quite the gentleman and is very intelligent. We disagree on most things of course--" Then he suddenly stopped himself and he looked suddenly very concerned, "Why? Is everything alright?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:56:26 PM
During Marcus' last words, Hob had tired of the Jedi Master's wordy philosophies and technicalities. He gave Jibrielle a wink and a nod to catch her attention, then stretched his facial muscles in a parody of Marcus face. As the Jedi Master spoke, Hob imitated him.

Wordlessly. Badly, as well. Enough so that the comedy of it would put Jibrielle at ease.

When Marcus had finished his statement, Hob drew himself up in his faux Marcus' fashion, as though miming haughty self-importance on the part of the Jedi Master, then he crossed his eyes.

"Fer a casual conversation, so many words you use, hmm," he told Marcus in his Trickster brogue. "Afraid might you be, lad? Afraid, perhaps, of agreement with a Dark Jedi, even in something so small and technical as a statement on training? Hmm? Dinnae want them t' have th' wrong impression?"

"But then," Hob said thoughtfully. "Idle speculation only, that was. Perhaps, before defined statements be made, old Hob should ask these Padawans if they agree."

"Tell me," the Dark Jedi said, addressing the crowd before him. "Is it nae possible that one o' th' reasons our hidden observer resorts t' so many words, is that he may be afraid of giving unlearnt Padawans th' wrong ideas about agreeing with Dark Jedi?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:19:25 PM
"Afraid of you?"

There was a snort, then clear and very genuine laughter.

"Since when does a Dark Jedi become a Court Jester?" he added, finishing his laughter. "You missed your calling. A professional fool you should be and a good one you would make. A Jester for the Senators in Coruscant - That would pay well I would imagine. Now come and say something true about the Dark Jedi, and I will agree. Please.... I await. But make sure it is true before you speak"

Estelle Russard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:28:43 PM
Estelle raised a curious eyebrow at the dwarf..who is this fellow..? She wasn't sure what to make of him - despite his merry manner, he was very wiley.

She toyed momentarily with Loki's braid curling her finger around it absently, weighing her answer.

She was one who believed wholeheartedly in the "school of hard knocks" - her run with the bounty hunter Kazaar had been a lifes education packed explosively into a few short months. But, one needed to watch, read, wait - these things were teachers also. One without the other could be futile and altogether fruitless.

She spoke her mind, as she saw no reason not to, leaving her attention from Loki for a moment, but knowing he no doubt would pipe up and have his say.

"I am of the opinion, Mister.....um." she continued not knowing the dwarfs name as yet, "..um, Sir, that the issue isnt whether or not to agree with a Dark Jedi, and I dont think any of us present would be afraid of such an eventaulity - but rather which approach to learning is correct. Aquiring experience or aquiring knowledge. Doesnt the getting of one, also supply the other to a certain degree? I am of the mind that both are needed for balance."

She smiled at the crooked stranger, as she spoke the word "balance"..a thing jedi dark and light apparently strived for.

Demon Night 666
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:32:29 PM
/

crono katon
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:34:32 PM
Out of boredom Crono begins smashing his head on the table as he listens to the 3 polity fighting with each other about some thing or another.

Dwayne Hicks
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:05:45 PM
Dwayne looked around at the banging sound. He tipped back another drink before muttering "What a sad waste of good oxygen"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:49:26 PM
"Ah, but I asked not for your opinion, lass," Hob grinned, ignoring Marcus completely for the moment. "Hob asked if t'were possible for He who Hides his Face in the Shadows t' be afraid of agreeing with Dark Jedi principles. Blame not old Hob," the dwarf said with his hands raised in protest. "For he merely attempts to be clear on the- ahem(cough)- technicalities of the issue. Would it not be wiser t' stick with the subject at hand, rather than wave about muddying opinions? After all, only one way of learning there is, Hob never said, nor did he ask whether ye were afraid o' him. Ye assumed that was what he meant, an' leapt in with yer own prejudices as blinders."

"Ah, but where are old Hob's manners?" Hob put a hand to his forehead, chagrined. "Old Hob should introduce himself to those whose home he has visited."

Taking out a cane, Hob ambled over to Estelle and extended a hand. "Hob," he said. "Pleased t'meet ye."

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 02:29:41 AM
"One"

He bent his elbow and took a sip of his tankard

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:40:09 AM
A cheerful grin came across Loki's face whilst he listened to the curious little man, he'd never seen him before yet the speed with which he spoke, his accent and mannerisms were entertaining, "He doesn't seem like such a bad guy." He pondered on this for a moment, then approached.

"Hi Hob," The boy said upon coming next to Estelle once more, "I'm Loki, Loki Ahmrah. Pleased to meet you!"

He, like Hob, extended his hand to the small man in a friendly gesture with a cheerful smile. But then he was eager to contest his question.

"As for your question," he began informatively, "You asked is it not possible for one of the reasons Master Q'Dunn used so many words was that he was afraid of agreeing with a Dark Jedi; I say 'Yes' - it is possible - but then, anything is possible. Whether he is or not is another matter, but we cannot assume such things."

Then Loki turned for a moment, he climbed up into a seat, placing one of his books on it so he could see everyone easily. He had become more aware of these Dark Jedi lately, they seemed like a decent enough bunch and were quite intelligent too.

"If I were in Master Q'Dunn's place, I would be weary of my words too in order not to mislead young, impressionable padawans...like myself."

Then as the conversation continued, the boy caught the attention of a waitress and ordered a small bowl of nala frogs and a glass of water.

crono katon
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:16:24 AM
*Quits Pounding his head*

"I'm Crono"

*Then puts up his hand to get a drone over but out of inpatients he gets up and walks over to the bar. He reaches Behind it and grabs to two full bottle of some thing not really caring. Then he throws down way to many credits before returning to his seat*

"Anyone want a drink"

*After waiting a moment he opens a bottle and downs the whole thing*

"Good, I say"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:45:31 AM
Wargrave smiled at Hob's last statement.

He's good. Quite good.

His eyes then darkened at Katan's incessent distraction. A wave of his hand, and Katan hit the floor.

"Sleep, impetuous one," Wargrave then turned back towards the group.

"Ah, young Loki, informative as always. You are intelligent as you are impressionable. So tell me, what have your studies of the Dark Jedi come to show you about us?"

Dwayne Hicks
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:14:50 PM
A bit of a thump drew the soldier's attention and he saw the deadbeat that had been whacking his head on the table slide to the ground asleep or in a coma.

Didn't matter. As long as the bastard didnt steal any more good breathable air. He knocked back the drink he had and winced.

"Crap, can't you guys make a decent mixer?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:11:54 AM
"My studies?" He asked Wargrave with a bit of suprise, "Sir, I haven't looked into the origins of the Dark Jedi very much at all; I have to admit I know little of your kind and all I do know is from what I have heard from yourself, my master and my experience with them here a few months ago."

He paused for a moment, then thought about how he should phrase his sentances in the presence of the trio of dark-siders.

"All I do know is that the power of a Dark Jedi comes from the Dark Side of the Force, this power is fueled by anger and hatred and thus is unappealling to me and quite frankly doesn't speak very highly of our present company, including yourself if I may be so bold. I just cannot fathom why anyone would prefer to rely on such wicked feelings on a regular basis; I know it is your way of life but I just don't agreew with it; it's wrong." He finished, his somewhat childlike nature surfacing for a moment as he could find no other way to describe it.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 5th, 2002, 02:03:48 PM
"Then tell me, young one. Do you sense anger from me? Do you sense anger from Master Hobgoblin?"

His eyes almost darkened, "Unfortunately you cannot imagine my way of life. No I do not mean waking up miserable, looking to destroy the Jedi. My way of life is a bit different than that."

Wargrave laughed, "We do not eat Jedi Children for breakfast, if you have been told that."

Then he laughed again.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:57:17 PM
"Wargrave speaks the truth," Hob said seriously to the bright young lad who had chosen to pipe up. "Ye it was who said anything be possible, lad. Not knowin' of us an' our past, an' only havin' met us just recently, is it nae possible Dark Jedi be quite normal folk from a certain point o' view?"

Hob lifted a hand, gesturing in a grand fashion. "Are not all beings born with both love an' hate, patience an' aggression, calm an' fear? Tis a part o' sentient natures t' have all that muddled up inside their heads. Ye can try an' deny what ye feel, but there within ye lie the seeds. Twould be folly t' attempt keeping oneself in check all the time- e'en Jedi must let loose on occasion an' have fun. Tell old Hob this is not so."

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:18:36 PM
After the theatrics of both Wargrave and Hob, Loki's brow furrowed with bewilderment whilst listening to their words and shaking his head, answered immediatly.

"Excuse me sirs, but you misinterpretted what I said entirely: I said a Dark Jedi's power comes from anger and aggression; not once did I say that you are permentantly ill-tempered nor did I say all you aspire to is killing and destruction. Although that may be true or may be fallacy; as I said I am not knowledgeable enough to contest such things. Ah thank you!"

His bowl of nala frogs and glass of water had arrived and he handed the waitress the approporiate sum and tip. He then turned back to Wargrave and Hob, a polite smile on his face.

"I didn't make assumptions about Dark Jedi, it seemed you both immediatly jumped to a conclusion about my meaning when all I was saying was from where your power comes."

He paused, taking a sip of water then added rather casually, "I believe a psychologist would call your gun-jumping a Freudian Slip; y'know, guilt conscience?" He chuckled and sent a wink at them.

"And as for your questionMr. Hobgoblin, I am only a padawan learner, of course I get angry, sad and afraid for it's only natural but one day I strive for control of those emotions."

Then becoming quiet he took into his bowl of frogs, finding a small one he lifted it out of the bowl by the leg, it squirmed and wriggled in his hand then in one action, threw it into his mouth and swallowed.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:52:51 PM
"Young Loki do you mind if I have one of your Nala Frogs?" Wargrave asked. When Loki nodded, Wargrave took one and held it up as if studying it. He smiled, then popped it in his mouth.

The flavor was different than anything he'd had before. Even when he had crashed on Dantoonie and had to live off of bugs and ronks for a week while he waited for the Imperials to pick him up, it was still different. Spicy, yet semi-sweet at the same time. Quite different indeed.

"I was not jumping to conclusions, Loki, simply asking what you knew of the Dark Jedi. Tell me, have you heard the expression 'Walk twenty kilometers in anothers boots'?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:59:11 PM
The boy was suprised by Wargrave's sampling of the frogs, it was an acquired taste to say the least and he had been waiting for the man to pull some sort of face but no, he seemed quite content with it.

"Walk twenty kilometers in another's boots?" He thought for a moment then shook his head, "No, I don't recall hearing it. I have an idea what it might mean but please, enlighten me!"

He was curious to not only discover the meaning behind the phrase but equally was curious to discover what the Dark Jedi was going with this.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:52:15 PM
"Quite simple, Mister Ahmrah. It means you have to consider someone else's position before judging them."

Wargrave cast a gaze over the bar, "So far, you have only experienced what the Jedi have offered. Have you ever considered what the Dark Jedi have to offer?"

He took a sip of his water, "No, I am not saying you should join us, no not at all. But I am willing, under Jedi supervision of course, to allow you to view us for yourself.

"Travel with me to my homeplanet. I have people who can show you around."

Plus, young one he spoke in the Force, We have a mutual friend. You will discover her identity soon enough.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:15:31 PM
Walk a metric in another's shoes? Marcus thought in the solitude of his mind I would love to see one of these Dark Jedi try to walk in mine. Then they would see why their words are lies and deceptions and the people they decieve the most are themselves. I see their weakness now... and I believe they do not see it. I see the way Hobgoblin seeks to try to play off the Master and the Padawans. They dont know how intimatly I knew the Dark side..... now I will wait for them to make the mistake as I sense they will. Maybe even tap them in the right direction if need be....

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:02:09 PM
"Lad, I believe ye did use the word 'wicked' in yer phrasing," Hob corrected him. "Wicked are the feelings used to draw on the Dark Side; 'it's wrong', ye said. How can such not a judgement be?"

"I see not how others can use such wicked feelings," the dwarf said, summarizing Loki's earlier statements in a voice that mimed the boy's. "Do ye not see how subtle such prejudice is? Subtle, an' dangerous as well, for it blinds ye. An' then! An' then, ye seek t' escape yer own statements by attempting t' be clever an' turning Hob's logic back against him.."

Hob levelled his cane at the young Padawan. "A bright Light can illuminate, or blind: best ye remember such an' not be blinded."

With that, Hob returned to his table with Jibrielle, occasionally taking a sip from the water that had been delivered while he was talking.

As he drank, he took a look at Marcus, his face bland. Sometimes, both the fool and his followers were equally lacking.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:29:06 PM
"Mr. Hobgoblin, forgive me, you are wise but you assume too much. One wise man told me that assumption can lead to one's own demise. Another wise man told me that it is just as important to listen as it is to be heard." The boy said, glancing over towards Wargrave.

"I did use the word wicked, not to describe the Dark Jedi, mind, but rather to describe from what I know of them, how they draw on their power. Which is true, if a Dark Jedi uses the Dark Side for their power then wicked emotions are needed. I said it was wrong because I disagree with it; but I am not going to judge until I am given just cause to do so." He paused, then turned to Wargrave.

The Dark Jedi had just given him an offer Loki could not refuse but nevertheless that would depend upon the word of the council but nevertheless if this went ahead he would feel so privillaged and lucky to see first hand, what a Dark Jedi really is like. He smiled.

"Sir, that is an offer I cannot refuse. I would be honored, of course I would require some sort of supervision but I will take it up with the council immediatly." He answered, deliberately not making himself appear too enthusiastic, although he was rather excited at the prospect of learning first hand about the Dark Jedi.

"Tell me, Hob, sir; if you'd be so kind." He began, leaning forward towards the dwarf-like man, "So far what I have heard from yourself and Mr. Wargrave here about the Dark Jedi has been vague. So to help me repent from my judging ways, do tell me what do the Dark Jedi strive for and by what means would they wish to accomplish their goals?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:48:18 AM
Estelle rested a light hand on Loki's arm and leant close to her little brother.

She remembered vividly her visit to The Sith Order with Kazaar. Granted they were Sith, but the darkside has many faces and all are as dangerous as they are seductive.

"Careful, Loki." she whispered quietly.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:40:32 PM
Hob grunted, having caught Estelle's whispered comment. "Careful? What need has the boy t' be careful? Though he makes claims of wickedness on the Dark Side and those associated with it without ever having touched it himself, he has naught t' fear from either Wargrave or old Hob. The Dark Jedi will nae be starting a fight, especially in the home of the Light Jedi. 'Twould be rude."

The dwarf then stroked his beard. "Yer first step, lad," he began. "Would be t' understand our ways of thinking. The Sith, t' us, be passionated animals whose very goal be t' destroy anything an' everything they can. The Jedi, contrastaversely, be milksops- ready t' react, but nae act. The Sith do seize the moment away from the Jedi, but make the wrong use o' it."

Hob then shrugged. "We Dark Jedi would simply make the right use o' it- right uses bein' t' save the galaxy an' encourage order."