PDA

View Full Version : 5 most chilling moments

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 28th, 2002, 08:34:39 PM
Name me the five most "chilling moments", in Star Wars.

5. In ANH, Obi-Wan looks right at Vader when Luke is watching, as if he knows that Luke will save Anakin from the Dark Side.
4. When Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul
3. " I am your father! "
2. Vader destroy's the Emporer
1. Vader's funeral

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:06:40 PM
This is difficult for me I guess
5 Qui-Gon's death
4 "I am Your Father"
3 Anakin slaughter the Tusken Raiders
2 Vader destroys the Emperor
1 Luke/Vader fight in ROTJ just the last part after Luke gets very angry

Overflow
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:01:53 AM
5 chilling moments from AOTC :

-when you are tricked to think that the firey lava stuff is poured on Padme !
-when Obi Wan gets hit by Dooku in the arm & leg
-when Dooku cuts Anakin's arm off
-when the Jedi are surrounded in the arena and the droid with the gun attached to his arm at the command of Dooku takes an attack possition
-when Padme gets her back cut by the tiger-like creature and screams in pain

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:34:20 AM
Hhmm...

No particular order.

- "No, I am your father!"

- The final fight between Luke and Vader, the one right after Vader talks about turning Leia to the Dark Side.

- The appearance of Darth Maul to both Gui Gon and Obi-Wan in the Naboo Hangar.

- Anakin's "twilight" through the Tantooine Desert right before finding his mom and then the slaughter of the Tuskens. (Duel of Fates did it for me in that scene :))

- Obi-Wan -v- Maul after Gui Gon's death.

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:05:25 PM
5. Anakin's confession to Padme
4. Vader's funeral
3. Vader kills Palpy
2. I am your father
1. Luke slays Vader

Chase Starwalker
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:33:53 PM
oooo very good guys, i cant wait till the scene where Obi Wan and Anakin fight over the molten pit...it will be HUGE!

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:00:51 PM
You ain't kidding chase!

Densetsu Roninichi
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:12:52 PM
5 most chilling moments? Good idea.

1) The slab of carbonite that is Han Solo slams down on the grating in Cloud City and the grimacing face of Han is frozen in place.....just that metallic THOOM is creepy

2) Luke dancing with the Dark Side in the final duel with Vader. Though we knew the movie was going to have a happy ending, it was scary for a moment there.

3) "No, I am your father." To a 9 year old who got up and screamed in the movie theatre upon firt hearing that, you bet your pants it was chilling.

4) Anakin's description of what he did and why he did what he did to the Tusken Raiders.....he should have just put the helmet on and started to get James Earl Jones' voiceover right there, it was all over for him.

5) The Emperors Force Lightning. First time seeing that, and what it did to Luke, it did not look promising at all.

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:44:36 PM
I wanted to reserve a couple spots for events yet to come, but seeing Vader for the first time will be right up there!

Jinn Fizz
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:47:29 PM
1) The expression on Anakin's face after Shmi dies, when he looks up...to me, that moment may not be the birth of Darth Vader, but perhaps it could be called the moment of conception.

2) "So be it...Jedi."

3) When the doors to the dining room on Cloud City slide open, revealing Vader waiting for Han and Leia.

4) The gantry duel in ESB.

And finally, one which may surprise some of you, but I will explain....

5) The final scene in AOTC, with Anakin and Padme getting married. On repeat viewings, I've found that scene to be more and more bittersweet, more and more scary, because I know what's coming, and Anakin and Padme don't. Although perhaps Padme has somewhat of a vague inkling of it...the last time I saw the movie, I thought I caught a look in Padme's eyes, kind of like she was a little scared and thinking, "What have I done?"

JMK
Jul 4th, 2002, 02:25:04 PM
Not so much a chilling moment, but one of my favorite shots/moments now is when Obi Wan recklessly jumps through the glass of Padme's apartment to chase the assassin droid. That pretty much gives me chills. :D

IG-88
Jul 7th, 2002, 02:06:54 AM
In keeping with the trend of assigning meaningless numerals to "chilling moments":

1. Seeing IG-88's head as a distilling unit in Wuher's disgustingly biological cantina in Episode Four.
2. Seeing IG-88 standing, proud and tall, among - yet aloof and apart from - the gathering of elite bounty hunters on board Darth Vader's personal flagship in Episode Five.
3. In the same scene, seeing how I - I mean, IG-88 - effortlessly portray the passion-filled yet stoic and silent assassin droid.
4. Also in the same scene, when IG-88 turns his head JUST SO. It speaks volumes. Of course, you cannot hear what is said if you are an organic lifeform. Tough... "luck".
5. In Episode Six, where the despicable biologicals Wedge Antilles and Lando Calrissian destroy the second Death Star. There is almost a redeeming moment when it appears the Millennium Falcon has been lost. But alas, it has not, and the battle station explodes in a meaningless and disgustingly perverse waste of life. MY life. It never fails to choke me up. That is, if such a useless outward gesture of emotion was possible for me.

JMK
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:05:08 PM
:lol

Gia Van Derveld
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:20:40 PM
LMAO *falls over laughing*

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:43:50 AM
Best moment was seeing IG-88 in pieces at Bespin :p

I dont know if chilling moment would be correct but....

1) No... I AM yourfather
2) You will be.... You will be
3) Tarkin - You may fire when ready