PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Jabroni and certain other things pertaining to SECRECY

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:12:07 PM
I was placed into a very awkward situation last night, because it so happens that someone informed Jabroni/Malice that I was the only dissenting vote against him joining.

Consequently, he contacted me over AIM, and wanted to know why I didn't like him, and basically what my problem was.

I should have never been put into this situation, and I'm very miffed that this even came up. I did not know that we ever had a formal vote about him joining, I still do not know WHAT the 'plan' is, and I certainly don't know why he was informed that *I* was the only one keeping him out.

I think he has his fingers in too many things already. He plays a Jedi, he plays a NR officer, and he only seems to contribute to arguements, rather than try to work around them. I know, I also play a great many characters, so this is NOT the reason I have reservations about him joining.

To be frank, he was rude to me once, and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I do not have anything against him as a person. I do not hate him. I just have reservations about him joining TBH.

I also had/have reservations about Jehova Eaven and Zasz Grimm. They were accepted as trial members, as my own apprentice is, and are going through ONE of a few trials right now.

If the plan or whatever the heck it is is going to be going through, and if Brian really wants him in, then go ahead.

But please, if I tell you someone looks fat in their avatar, and if I do it in THIS forum, DO NOT run and tell them "Holly thinks your avatar looks fat." If I thought the vote and my personal opinions were going to be made public, then I would have worded things differently, I suppose.

Basically, is this a private forum or not?

I was shocked to have him confront me about it, and I hope it never happens again.

I am not pissed off at any one person, just at the situation in general.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:35:56 PM
Noted, logged, and it should not happen again. Shouldn't of happened in the first place.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:19:23 PM
I'm not really entirely sure what exactly happend. I also don't recall voting on this...

TheHolo.Net
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:59:51 PM
I said nadda, and never will. :)

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:08:01 PM
It was never put to a vote 'cause it was preliminary discussion between Brian, JJ, and I over our dinner.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:04:55 PM
which is also why I was confused as being singled out as the only dissenting person.

There never was a vote.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:21:22 PM
I would ask Brian about it then. I never said a word on it.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:18:26 PM
I think Lance misunderstood something I said to him. And yes, it was me who mentioned to him that you were a dissenting voice.

Bluntly, I was attempting to feel out the situation on both sides to see who felt what, but Lance has jumped the gun on me.

Sorry he went and said something to you. I'd thought he would wait before considering the issue of TBH at all- that's what he indicated to me, anyway.

I will be more careful in the future.

Which doesn't mean there won't be a next time. Just that I will try and be more careful about what I say late at night over AIM.

Trust backfires on you sometimes, I suppose.

As far as Lance becoming a group member, I am considering the pros and cons of associating with him.

That sounds kind of screwy, doesn't it? I'll explain.

I don't want TBH to have a Dara Shadowtide, and should a new member create OOC friction between group members or among other groups, then that would far outweigh the benefits of having them as a member. I think Lance comes up with good characters and interesting ideas from time to time, and personally he's always been nice to me.

Which is not to say everybody sees him in the same light. I got wind that Lance might be interested in joining TBH during our little get-together in D.C., and given that TBH needs good members who will be active within the group, I gave the thought serious consideration, both on the positive and negative sides. I was still thinking about it when the subject came up here through a statement of Taylor's you misunderstood- and by the way, Holly, most of the TBH stuff mentioned to Lance at that meeting was general stuff (who was and wasn't in the group).

So anyway, I figured I'd ask Lance myself if he had an interest, because if he didn't there was no point in considering the matter at all. He said that he'd intended on waiting until things settled down before making any moves about joining a group that wasn't strictly Alternate Timeline.

"That's good, because Holly seems to have some reservations about it," I said.

"The subject came up by accident over on TBH," I added, to explain why we were talking about him in the first place.

I said those two statements thinking he didn't really have any serious plans at that point, or any further intentions of acting. I said I would do a bit more thinking and see if there were any other things that might come up, intending to come here and do some more serious inquiries, but didn't get the chance.

I guess I was wrong about him not acting. :/

Anyway. that's what happened. I'm sorry.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:34:09 PM
He tends to talk before he thinks, IMO. Which we're all guilty of at times.

Anyway, I didn't think bad things about you Brian, don't worry. It was just such an awkward place to be stuck into, I got steamed. ANYWAY! Group hug! *hug*

:lol

Gawd if he ever gets into this group, can we please hide anything concerning him into oblivion? Like a lock box of 'vote'-ish threads?

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:41:05 PM
I think this thread will go into oblivion were Lance to join. :)

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:01:30 PM
Actually, I recieved a PM from Lance saying that I should pay no attention to the idea at this time. (Not his exact words)

So the point is moot.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:07:39 PM
Hope everything's okay on his end.

I konw he's got a comic series he's trying to put out.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 30th, 2002, 04:14:40 PM
Blah Blah Blah, I agree on the secreacy thing, and for the record I never voted on Malice but my vote would be a no. He's not of the calibur RPers that belong in this group. When he goes off and improves his writing and attitude, then he can come back and try again. I might change my mind then.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:53:14 PM
*hug* glad to see you back. There was no vote. Just misunderstandings all around.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:22:44 PM
;;hugs back;; It's good to be back. ^_^ Thanx.

Taylor Millard
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:39:30 PM
Hey Jes, we need your CT from old TBH. That way we can add it. and WB :)

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:41:15 PM
Lord of Deception was the old CT. Hey Millard, when are you going to give me a call man? I want to debate the 9th Circuit Court's ruling with you. Or at least discuss it. Heh.

Taylor Millard
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:42:48 PM
Sorry, I'll give ya a call either tonight or tomorrow. Last night I got kinda tired. I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

REMIND ME IF I FORGET! :)