PDA

View Full Version : Accounting Scandals and How to Stop Them

Morgan Evanar
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:02:23 PM
As many of you well know, Authur Anderson has turned out to be oft highered by many less that reputable exectives. This in turn costs thousands of people thier livelyhood and investors billions of dollars.

The main problem with the entire equation is that people aren't getting life sentences for screwing thousands out of thier livelyhoods, life savings, etc. The whole situation generally sucks.

Well, I present the perfect form of retalation:

Lynching. Thats right, a good, old fashioned 1800s style lynching. Muster a thousand angry former employees and investors, and go loose on the bastard's home. Burn it to the ground when you're done, of course.

I think this massive streak of accounting fraud would fall off pretty quickly if there was some genuine threat of retaliation.

Roddy Two
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:12:42 PM
:) Mission one: Worldcom

Roddy Two
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:13:44 PM
Actually, what we need are the Crimson Pirates of the Permanent Assurance! The perfect combination of business savvy and brute barbarism.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:15:13 PM
I might agree if I could mentally reference what you're talking about.

And victim one would be those Enron bastards.

Roddy Two
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:20:00 PM
Bah...Enron's untouchable. They've got a Death Star ;)

And the Crimson Permanent Assurance was on a little short movie before Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

ReaperFett
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:21:52 PM
lol :)

They appeared in the film too :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:31:15 PM
Ohhhh! The accounting pirates and that. I remember.

Kyryanu Sevon
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:38:42 PM
Aaauuurrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

Where'n be Cap'n Rama????

Darth Viscera
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:30:46 PM
I agree completely with Morg's thoughts on this matter. Hang the SOBs by a sour apple tree.

My god, there's a watermark as a background on this board.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:49:45 PM
Major collapses in Australia -

HIH - Insurance

Ansett - Airline

Total cost - 5 billion so far

Guess who the accounts firm were. I hope the bastards lose the lot for their stupidity. Both HIH and Ansett were stopable. We are having a Royal Commission (Think Grand Jury but with the power to place under oath and there is no I plead the Fifth - you MUST answer truthfully) which is revealing all sorts of nasty things.

Because of HIH, Insurance costs have risen by 300% in some cases.