PDA

View Full Version : Nnnnnnnooooo!!!!

Jinn Fizz
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:44:20 AM
I was just checking the listings for my local theater in the morning paper. I found good news and bad news.

The good news is, Spider-Man is finally gone.

The bad news is, so is AOTC.

:cry :headbash :huh :mad o_O :verymad :( :headache :thumbdown

JMK
Jun 28th, 2002, 08:21:13 AM
I really do feel for ya Jinn Fizz. Unfortunately, I feel like I'll be in your boat sooner than later...:(

Jedieb
Jun 28th, 2002, 08:49:04 AM
They both lost several screens this weekend. They're now playing on roughly the same amount of screens. I have a day off today and if I'm lucky I'll be sneaking off for a showing early this afternoon. I checked my local listings and noticed that AOTC is now on just one screen and the number of showings pales to what it once was. This is expected of course, but still it was kind of sad to see.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:39:48 AM
Well its the same in my town SW had its last day this past Thursday in my local 8 Screen theater, but they left in Spiderman which doesn't make any sense to me but it is a crappy theater so who knows. It is still playing on a couple of theaters in Augusta, which is not far from me.

Lady Vader
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:30:37 AM
:eek!!!!!

*Goes into a frenzied panic and checks local theater.*

*Relaxes.* |I

Phew! Ok, they're still playing it. But I don't know how much longer it'll be there. Have to call and find out!

Jinn Fizz
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:00:19 PM
It's just so unfair, I tell ya...I didn't go see AOTC last weekend because I wasn't feeling well, so I was definitely planning on going this weekend. Now we got ditched for Mr. Deeds, Hey Arnold, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The closest theaters still playing it are either about 40 miles to the north or 75 miles to the south.

I knew it would go away eventually, but I never imagined it would be this soon.

O_o >_< :x :verymad :grumble :cry :cry :cry

JonathanLB
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:22:10 PM
I am glad there are enough theaters near me so that I don't have to worry too much about that.

Dollar theater is 22 minutes away. Movies on TV, biggest theater in Portland (excluding perhaps Century, of equal size) is 25 to 30 minutes away, which is ok. Evergreen is still playing it and they're 12 minutes away.

Sorry Jinn Fizz :(

That really sucks!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:27:49 PM
AOTC is screening about 30 minutes awy from me - the local has dumped it. Bu tthat is understandable, it's only a small independant place.

Quadinaros
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:31:00 PM
I guess I should feel lucky. It's still playing on 3 theaters within 15 minutes of my home in the Lansing, MI area. And I'll only have to drive 75 miles if I want to catch it digitally again in Southfield, MI.

:crack

JonathanLB
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:11:18 PM
I wish I could have seen it digitally :(

Never had the chance... Not realistically.

Well, I will see Episode III like that. I'll make an effort to go do that no matter what. I'll probably have some nice cash by then I hope. I definitely want to be making a solid $1,000 to $1,500 per month by that time, all expendable income.

I'd drive 75 miles in a Celica :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:02:16 PM
Hopefully more will exist by then, I really wanted to go to one but the closest one was like 500 miles away or something there is no way I am going that distance, if there was one in Atlanta or something maybe but the closest was in Orlando and Washington both probably 8-10 hour drives for me. I figure the number should double in 3 years or maybe even Triple and there will be one closer to me by then.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:34:24 PM
I wish Australia even had ONE

ReaperFett
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:49:22 AM
Yeah, some of us have think about the lack of digital without crossing seas! :)