PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Oceans: Calm (Complete)

Taylor Millard
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:55:24 AM
He breathed the salt air in deeply, inhaling the scent as it tickled his nostrils, clearing them. A seagull, fresh from pulling up a cracken, flew lazily over the long watercraft. It landed on the topmost part of the sail, gulped down the cracken, then took off for parts unknown.

Grand Admiral Taylor Millard smiled...Today is indeed a fine day.

But his Grand Admiral fineries and his Dark Jedi utensils were behind him now. Instead a simply, dark tunic with tan pants clothed his body. His feet were bare, although black sandals were close by on the deck.

The tall sailboat cut through the water of the Georgian Sea like a knife through bread. The only sea on Balmorra, it normally was crowded with families and other boats. But today it wasn't. Since it was during the working week, families kept their boats at port instead of at sea.

And personally...Taylor preferred it that way.

The brown-haired man turned to the blond woman as she came from the cabin, a glass in her hand.

"So," he spoke, smiling as he did, "Tell me, Loklorian s'Ilancy. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:59:43 AM
For her, the experience was completely new; never had she thought about, nor even tried to pursue anything to do with sailing. It just hadn't crossed her mind. But now, on an utterly peaceful open sea with no one around with the exception of Millard and herself, she almost felt like mentally kicking herself for not doing this earlier.

She'd gone down into the cabin to pour herself a glass of water, and it was while she was doing this that she paused, her mind coming to somewhat of a realization. That out here, in the calm and tranquil waters of the only sea on Balmorra, with a man whom she was slowly letting take a firmer emotional hold on her; also a new revalation for her, she was the closest to peace as she would ever be.

She had to set the pitcher of water down to think about that one, and then there was the matter of Millard. She was fascinated by the fact that the progression of their relationship was so slow; or at least in her mind that was how it was. In all of her previous relationships things had moved fast, from one thing to the next. She'd been burned, yes, and that was why she'd begun to close herself off emotionally from men.

But with Millard, no matter the slow (yet steady) pace of their relationship, he'd been pulling her from that. Or perhaps it was that he was slowly working his way through her defenses. She'd originally thought that he would only spend time with her until the next new in-thing came around before leaving.

But he wasn't. He was still here, and the more she thought of it, the more it confused her.

With a sigh s'Il picked up her glass and headed for the outer deck. Her bare feet padded up the small stairs and she stepped out into the sun, letting it soak into her bare skin. She wore a simple black bikini top and a pair of jeans, and was utterly comfortable in her environment. Her hair fell past her shoulders, and her bangs, as always, fell down in front of her eyes and face, and her two lightsaber scars were clearly visible, the inverted T no longer hidden beneath a shirt.

She looked to Millard as he questioned her, brushing a strand of hair behind an ear.

"It's a little different than what I'm used to, but yes. I am enjoying myself." s'Il smiled back at him. "It's very peaceful."

She took a drink, then grinned. "And the company ain't half bad either."

Taylor Millard
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:29:11 PM
Millard smiled at s'Ilancy's compliment, "Thank you, my dear. I believe the company I have is second to no one."

He took a drink from his own glass of water, which sat on the wooden table next to the railing.

Taylor looked at her relaxed appearance. She was indeed a sight to behold. The black bikini did well to offset her tanning skin, going well with the metallic of her eyes. Her jeans caused her to look even more relaxed, something Taylor was sure she was going for.

His own dress was a bit different. The dark blue tunic was short sleeved, pulling over Millard's brown head. His tan pants went all the way to his ankles, but the material was not the normal cotton. Instead, linen clothed his legs, making it all the more comfortable and airy. A thatched hat lay off to the side. Indeed, Millard was relaxed.

"I must say you look quite lovely in your outfit. Very relaxed. I must say it is good to forget everything for a while.

"So, tell me s'Ilancy. You choose where we go. There are several coves to dive in, as well as fish.

"Or," he moved close to her, placing his hands behind her, "We could always stay here for a while..."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:50:50 PM
s'Il grinned up at him, her arms resting along the tops of his own as his hands went around her waist.

"My choice? I've never been to Balmorra; I'd think you'd be the one to show me around....."

She slipped from his grasp to stand at the railing, setting her glass on the table next to his and gazed out over the water. Leaning forward, s'Il rested over the rail as a small breeze picked up, cooling her skin.

Gods this is gorgeous.

"A cove would be nice," she said presently; "I haven't gone swimming in a long time."

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:35:33 AM
"A cove it is then," Millard walked to controls, beginning to steer the ship forward.

The ship knifed through the water, sending up a trail of foam as it went. Taylor stood at the controls gazing out over the open sea. It was a beautiful sight; one the Imperial wished he could see more often.

"I haven't gone swimming in a while either. I suppose, going on two years now. Never really found the time."

He slowed the ship, directing it towards a small cove on the beach.

"It is rumored here, a ship crashed almost a thousand years ago. Stuff of legends, but if we find it, I do think an investigation would be prudent."

He walked from the controls, putting his arms around the smuggler. Millard brushed the hair back from s'Ilancy's neck, then kissed her neck and bit down ever so lightly.

"Although, based on that it's getting dark. We may want to wait until tomorrow morning.

"So tell me, what is it you would like for dinner?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:31:50 PM
s'Il grinned as he bit down on her neck, her eyes closing as she sunk into his body, and buryed her face in his chest. His scent filled her senses, and she breathed in deeply.

Is this contentment?Is this true happiness? What is true happiness?

Her hands traveled up, running over his face, examining the lines that had formed over time. Gentle fingertips traced every facet of his features as she stared into his eyes; metallic once more locked with iced blue, and she smiled a ghost of a smile.

"I'm not really hungry," she started, lowering her hands and pulling away, "but if you are, then by all mean you should eat."

s'Il turned her head to gaze at the sun, its brilliance just beginning to dip below the horizon, and stepping once more to the railing, satisfied herself with watching the morphing painting before her eyes as the sun sank seemingly into the water, making it appear as though it were setting the sea ablaze with flaming tongues of firey red, orange, and yellow.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:49:13 PM
"I can wait a few hours before I eat. I did bring some fine foods though. Nerf Steak, but the kind you can only get from Rivendel. Very sumptuous indeed."

If you are going to take the next step with s'Ilancy, you must reveal to her what 'side' you are on in the battle of the Force.

"I have something I wish to tell you, I am uncertain how you will react to it though. It deals with my other 'talent'."

Taylor stared into her metallic eyes, wishing he almost couldn't tell her. But she was becoming more and more of a part of his life...and if he was to trust her, and to care for her...he would have to tell her.

"I'm...a Dark Jedi."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:23:25 PM
Her first instinct was to shrink away from him; and she did.

The physical and mental scars were still fresh for her; the mental more than anything else. She could still see the bar and grill; filled with lightsabers, and the two Dark Jedi who had come after her after she'd helped Loki up into the vent duct.

Like a hallucination she saw them before her, coming for her; their hooded faces as dark and haunting as the Reaper himself, swinging their sabers. Both cut horizontally at her, one aimed for her neck and the other for her midsection, and trying to shut the vision from her sight she clamped her eyes closed as she staggered back, clutching her midriff as if she'd been cut.

And to her the pain was very real; the searing pain as her flesh was burned, the absolute terror that screamed through her body as she watched, helpless to do anything but recieve the blows.

s'Il cried out as the apparitions swung, her hands going up in self-defense as their lightsabers passed through her body; before they dissolved to reveal the man who stood in front of her.

Grand Admiral Taylor Millard.

Taylor Millard.......... Dark Jedi.

Her eyes betrayed her fear as she searched his face. She'd known he had force abilities; she'd known he carried a lightsaber. But she hadn't known what aspect of the force he subscribed to........

The aspect that had almost sent her once more down an already trodden path.....

For almost five minutes she could say nothing; simply recovering from his revelation as she stared at him. Finally, taking a small step back towards him, she spoke, though her voice was as quiet as death itself; and even though she knew she wanted to be with him, the shock was almost too much for her system to take.

"A....... Dark... Jedi......."

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:31:41 PM
"Yes," Millard felt her shock and her sadness. He felt his own as well.

He wanted to reach out, to touch her. And tell her it was okay. That he would never hurt her, because he cared for her. Because he wanted to spend time with her. Because...

Was it love he felt? Was he so comfortable with her he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her? No...no...too soon. I'm content to be around her. Happy.

Taylor sighed, closing his eyes. He felt her pain. He felt her sorrow.

"I'm...sorry. I should have told you earlier. I did not because I thought you would have figured it out.

"I understand if you wish to leave, and I will honor it. But know this...I would never, ever raise my sword in arms against you. You matter too much to me. You are someone I look to speak to every day. I assure you of that.

"Please...forgive me."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:52:21 PM
A single tear, from each eye trailed down her cheeks as she threw herself at him, her arms drawing him to her as she stood on her toes; nearly having to jump because of his stature, and wrapping her arms around his neck, she rested her chin on his shoulder as she stared past his head, her eyes becoming blurred as tears began streaming more freely down her face.

"Don't... apologize," she began shakily, once more shutting her eyes as she embraced him just a little harder. "I don't want to leave you, you're....." she had to stop, and buried her face in his neck before continuing on.

"You're one of the best things that's ever happened to me.....

"I trust you when you say you won't hurt me...... and...... I know you weren't the one responsible for the Dark Jedi who attacked the bar that day."

A hand went up to grasp lightly at the hair on the back of his head. "It's not your fault....

I don't want to leave you.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:03:15 PM
With that, Millard hugged her back, drawing her close. He didn't want her to leave either. Nor did he want to leave her.

"I will find who hurt you, and they will be punished. I promise you this," he felt his anger rise. Anger at someone hurting someone he cared deeply for. His blue eyes grew cold again, and they shone in anger.

But the Dark Jedi kept the anger under control, and when s'Ilancy stared at him in the face it was gone.

Taylor stroked her face lightly, feeling her tears as she cried. His hand went to her stomach, at the intersection of her scar. He felt her breathe, then lightly, he kissed her on the lips.

"I don't want you to leave either."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:23:13 PM
Resting her forehead on his, she gazed into his eyes, her own still blurred from her tears.

His hand over her stomach; over her scars, sent waves of reassurance through her body, and she managed a weak smile. "I shot one in the head, and the other; I don't know how he died, but it wasn't pretty, I can tell you that."

Once again embracing him before pulling back, she found his hand with hers and intertwined her fingers into his; his hand engulfing hers as she turned to look at the sun as it finished its cycle, slipping below the horizon line and washing the sea in darkness.

With a heavy sigh, she leaned back against him, resting her head on his chest as she kept her eyes on the tranquil expanse before her.

Taylor Millard
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:29:45 PM
Millard held her close, moved his hands a bit. The two rested, staring at the water, as the stars came out, and Millard's hands stayed where they were- moving occasionally.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" he spoke plainly, "Just like the company I'm with.

"The ship that crashed here was pilotted by a Dark Jedi. It has never been found. I wish to study it."

He kept his hands where they were.

"But if you want to find another cove to go swimming, and spend your time...I understand."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 29th, 2002, 12:09:06 AM
s'Il wiped her tears from her face before twisting around in his grasp. His arms around her were comforting, and she found herself more often wanting to simply rest in their confines. Her hand reached up, patting him gently on his chest as she gave a weak smile, her shock still slowly wearing off.

"No, I'll be fine. You just.... surprised me, is all......"

Gods woman, if that isn't the understatement of the whole damn century.....

With a smile, s'Il snaked her hands up rest on the sides of his neck, fingers casually brushing the hair directly behind his ears.

"I don't mind swimming here. I'll be fine."

Once more standing on her toes, she kissed him on his cheek.

"Are you getting hungry yet....?" she murmured.

Taylor Millard
Jun 29th, 2002, 11:45:37 AM
"I can prepare dinner if you wish me to," Millard nodded as he planted a kiss on Lok's cheek as he did.

Slowly, the two broke their embrace. Leading her towards the back of the boat, Taylor had her sit on a wooden bench, while he pulled the steaks from a cooler next to it.

A bottle of wine followed, as well as a container of mashed potatoes.

Taylor touched the grill, igniting it, then set two steaks on it.

"So tell me Lok, how do you like your steak?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:00:03 PM
Leaning back on the railing, s'Il grinned at him. "Twitching. I like my meat to bleed."

She expelled a long breath, sinking lower into the bench she sat on, becoming more relaxed as the minutes went by; on the outside at any rate. On the inside however, was a different story.

Her eyes closed as she leaned her head back, then fell into her thoughts once more. 'I don't want to leave you'; echoed through her mind, though a nagging thought tugged at her. She'd meant to say 'I don't want to leave you, ever', but even she wasn't sure of that herself.

Could she possibly be that content to stay with him; even after he professed to being a Dark Jedi?

Her brows furrowed as she mulled over this. She did trust him, no doubts about that, and even though he was a Dark Jedi, and his confession had shocked her into reliving the fight at the Bar and Grill, she let it pass over her now. It didn't matter to her; he was who he was. And in all truthfullness, she wanted him to be himself.

Just like she never put on any masks for people, she didn't want him to do that. Not in the least.

With a sigh, she shifted, lying longways along the bench and propping her hands behind her head as she stared up at the stars.

Taylor Millard
Jun 30th, 2002, 06:17:47 PM
"I will find those who hurt you, Lok," Millard said as he began heating the grill, "I will find them and hurt them."

She was nervous and he shared her nervousness. Inwardly he cursed. Situations like this, relationships like this...he wasn't sure of. He'd never attempted something like this. Taylor had friends who he trusted, friends who he loved as family.

But this was new, this was different. Lok was someone he wanted to spend the rest of his days with, he was almost certain of it.

Damn my position in the Empire, it's my job. Damn the Black Hand, it's my job. Damn the Force, it's a part of me. I can't reject it, I've tried it. But I cannot deny I have definite feelings for s'Ilancy. I'm glad I don't.

He placed the steaks on the grill. He preferred his a little less bleeding than s'Il's but still preferred it medium rare. Flavor was something he savored.

Is this so different from when she told me she was a Liquid Silver addict?

He knew the answer all ready. He'd never been hurt by someone who'd taken the drug.

But he could not deny his feelings for her. Nor would he.

He removed the steaks from the grill, setting them up on the table. s'Il was still lying on the bench, her eyes closed.

Taylor leaned over her.

"Steaks are ready," he smiled as he leaned forward and kissed her.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:57:23 PM
s'Il grinned as he kissed her, wrapping her arms around his neck and using him to lever herself up and onto her feet.

"Smells good," she smiled, stepping over to the table, her hand in his.

She looked up at him, blinking slowly as she lowered herself into one of the chairs, and giving him one last grin, released his hand to rest it on the table.

As she leaned back in her chair, she cast one more look out at the expanse of the open sea.

"Where do you see yourself in two years," she asked idly, turning back to stare at him.

Taylor Millard
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:52:36 PM
Millard stared at s'Ilancy from the top of his eyes. It was an interesting question, something he never considered. He was fairly certain he would be with the Empire still and the Black Hand, serving them and expanding their rule in the galaxy. But he was still interested at seeing how this relationship with s'Ilancy would go. He wasn't thinking long-term per say, but he did hope there was a future between the two.

"I suppose I would still be with the Empire, commanding Guild Sector. I am completely happy with where I am in my life. An enjoyable job, people whose company I like to keep, and someone I care for," he smiled at s'Il, then took a bite of his steak. It wasn't bad at all, but he'd definately cooked better. Ah well, he supposed, there's always next time.

"As for my other talent, I do wish to learn more about the Force. Expand the power I have I suppose. But my home will always be the Empire. Even with their mandatory retirement policy- which kicks into affect in ten years, I'll always feel at home there."

Taylor poured two glasses of wine, setting one in front of s'Il, taking a drink of the other.

"Where do you see yourself?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:32:01 AM
s'Il shook her head. "No clue. I never plan ahead unless I really have to. And the only time I ever really did that was....." she paused, a memory causing her to smile lightly, "..... a long time ago; 'bout eight years now.

"I always roll with what the day gives me. I mean, I'll make plans for future engagements and jobs, but as far as my life is concerned, I don't really care. I'll go when it's my time, I guess."

Offering him a lopsided grin, she took a bite of her steak. It was good; very good, and swallowing, she grinned at him again. "Very good. You're a better cook than me, I'll tell you that."

She laughed slightly. "And so would everyone else I've tried to cook for. And then they'd go off on some horrible dialogue that they've blown way out of proportion on how they barely managed to escape with their lives."

s'Il stared at him, a smile touching her lips as she picked up the glass of wine he'd set in front of her. "So as far as planning ahead, I should probably hire someone to do it for me."

Taylor Millard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:39:39 AM
"Or get married. That way you wouldn't have to worry about plans," Millard commented as he took a bite.

He saw the look of shock on her face, "It was only an observation.

"I like to know what I am doing. What my schedule is. I do not mind spontenaity at all, but I like knowing what my day has for me. Of course vacations are different. There you have no planning, but you do what you feel."

He took another bite, then a sip of wine, "So, what's next for you? Where will you go from here?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:24:58 AM
Regardless of whether it was an observation or not, his comment still surprised her; she'd never even given a thought to marriage, never considered it in the least. Her sister had been married, but s'Il herself had never at all broached the subject; partly because she'd never been able find someone to 'connect' with. She just figured she'd spend the rest of her life with MMU.

But, she let Millard's comment slide over her.

For now.

As she sipped her wine, she was silent for a moment, listening to the waves and the night ambience of Balmorra, letting it fill her senses, and breathed deep, looking at Millard.

"What's next? I don't know. Not in the least. I'll just go wherever I go; roll with the wind, so to speak. It doesn't really matter to me just as long as I keep myself alive.

"I've always just kinda wandered, not really staying in one place. I mean, someday maybe I'll find some planet to park myself on, but until then, Yag'dhul and my ship suit me just fine."

She sighed. "So I guess I don't really know what's next for me.

"How 'bout you? What's next for you?"

Taylor Millard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:35:00 AM
"More meetings on Coruscant. I ought to get an apartment there, I seem to be spending so much time there," Millard jokingly grumped as he kept eating.

"I have yet to receive a chance to visit Yag'dhul. Perhaps the opportunity will approach me in the future. You are, of course, always welcomed on Balmorra. Castle Millard has plenty of rooms, I can always give you one if you wish."

He let a sign escape this lips, "I have some other meetings elsewhere as well. Should be a busy next few weeks for me.

"But in the long term, I suppose I do not know. Balmorra will always be my home, so I suppose I will stay here. But I also want to travel. To see the stars even more than I have. It is something enjoyable to me. Just as gazing at them in the sky. Just as looking into your eyes and enjoying your company.

"Not bad for someone who only a month or so ago was cutting you down from an art theivery," he smiled, then took a bite of mashed potatos. The Buttery flavor filled his mouth and he smiled again.

She is certainly beautiful. Beautiful indeed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:55:47 AM
"Just another of my job perks; I don't have to go to meetings," s'Il laughed, "And as far as going to Yag'dhul, stop by whenever you want. If I'm there, I'm there. If not, than just check in with the barkeep at The Lazy 'I' Bar; he and I are good friends and business associates, I guess you could say, and he would know where to find me."

Her steak was almost gone, and taking another sip from her wine, she leaned back, giving a small smile at his compliment. "You're too kind."

Am I really that fun to be around?

She laughed a little then, as she gazed into his eyes; remembering how they'd met. "That was kinda funny, I guess, looking back on it at least. At the time I was ready to spit nails. I'da spit on your boots if I'd had the chance.

She shook her head lightly, still grinning. "And man did I wanna let you have it the next morning. If there hadn't been sake still in that bottle, I'da most likely knocked your block off with it.

Or at least tried to, at any rate."

Taylor Millard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:45:44 PM
Millard smiled, then leaned forward, whispering into her ear, "I probably would have let you," then he winked.

"So tell me, would you prefer to have dessert or retire for the evening? That way in the morning we could be more rested for the dive.

"Or was there something else you wanted to do?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:01:36 PM
s'Il grinned at his last comment as his face was right next to hers, but she shook her head before lightly kissing his cheek. "I'm actually a little tired, and truthfully, I'm not much of a dessert person; never really have been.

She pushed her now empty plate away, and leaning back, finished her wine.

"So I think the bed is gonna hafta be the next recourse for me."

s'Il only sat there though, an elbow resting on the table and her chin propped in her hand; a faint smile on her lips and her eyes half-closed, just beginning to glaze over.

Taylor Millard
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:08:30 PM
"Very well, then. This 'old' body needs to get its rest after all as well," he laughed as he pulled s'Ilancy up.

"There are separate cabins for us if you like. If not, my bed is large enough for the both of us. Although do not expect us to have fun tonight. I am more concerned with your company than anything else."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:49:56 PM
"Too tired for that," s'Il yawned, heading for the cabin, Millard's hand in hers as she fairly dragged him with her.

She was fading fast, and needed to sleep; she didn't care where, but in all truthfulness she would've liked a warm body next to her. It was something she was beginning to sorely miss.

"If you don't mind," she said tiredly, descending the stairs from the deck and into the cabin, still towing him behind her, "I'll just keep you company."

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:28:33 AM
Millard smiled at s'Ilancy's last statement.

"Very well," he helped her get into bed, then changed into a T-shirt and boxers. Taylor then climbed into bed next to her, giving the smuggler a kiss on the cheek.

"Good night, Loklorien s'Ilancy."

Seven Hours Later

Millard was making breakfast again. Eggs, bacon, dry toast, and oatmeal.

The Balmorran sun was just beginning it's climb into the blue sky. Off in the distance, grey clouds began forming, threatening to bring rain to the region.

It was the perfect day. And Millard was pleased.

A muffled groan from the cabin came, bringing a smile to his face. s'Ilancy was far from a morning person, Millard knew. But he hoped, breakfast would make her get up.

He heard her stumble onto the deck.

"Good morning. Sleep well?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:43:34 PM
Morning. Her enemy, so to speak, and she loathed it.

When Millard had risen, she woke briefly to offer him a tired smile, reaching out to graze his arm with her fingertips as he rose from bed before burying herself in the covers and drifting off once more. 30 minutes later she grudgingly slid from the bed as well, her bare feet touching the cold deck.

Making a face, s'Il curled up once more under the warm covers for a few minutes before slowly sitting up to crane her neck and observe her surroundings. The gentle rocking only made her want to go back to sleep, and she groaned, but dragging herself up once more, she stood unsteadily before semi-staggering from the cabin and up on deck.

As soon as the morning sun hit her eyes, she groaned again and reached a hand up in the small doorway to steady herself. "It's too early for me."

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:06:17 PM
Millard chuckled, "Back when I was young, I was not a fan of mornings. But being in the military changed my opinion of mornings.

"But, there's nothing like sleeping until 10 or so."

Taylor sniffed the coffee he'd just finished brewing, then set some toast on the table in front of him.

"Coffee?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:52:42 PM
s'Il smiled, trundling across the deck to accept the steaming mug of coffee from his outstretched hand and slowly lowered her frame into a chair.

"Thanks," she grinned tiredly, taking a sip. It warmed her body as she gradually began to wake up more fully.

"And that's another reason why I jumped the military boat and went AWOL, she half-grumbled, "waking up at o dark thirty isn't my idea of a fun thing."

She looked up at him then, the coffee mug nestled comfortably in her palms, and she sighed, trying to wake herself up. "So how long have you been up....?"

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:01:04 PM
"Only about an hour or so. Long enough to make breakfast. I'm on vacation, of course."

Millard took a sip of his own coffee, inhaling the flavor. It was quite good this coffee, good enough to wake him up quickly.

"My morning has been spent watching the sun come up. Quite a beautiful site.

"So, what I was thinking was we eat breakfast, relax for an hour or so. Then go diving. Does that sound good to you? And what would you like to eat?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:29:14 PM
s'Il eyed the oatmeal, letting a sheepish grin play across her features. "Actually, that oatmeal would be just fine........

"And eating and relaxing sounds good to me."

Resting her elbows on the table, she let her eyes close as she took another sip from her coffee. She set the cup down and leaned forward to bury her head in her arms, her hair spreading out to cover her arms and snake out across the table for a short distance.

"I don't know how you do it," she moaned lightly through her hair, "but I'll never be able to wake up this early unless I stay up drinking the night before, and just never go to bed."

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:40:00 PM
Laughing, Millard moved behind s'Ilancy, massaging her neck and back. He stroked her lightly, rubbing her shoulders.

"I suppose I am used to it. It will be tough though, when I reach retirement age. I shall have to get used to sleeping in until 10."

He then leaned down, brushing her hair from her neck, and kissed her there. Then he began massaging again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:08:11 PM
"Yeah, but you got ten years till that, right?"

s'Il sunk lower onto the table; his hands felt wonderful on her still tired muscles as she almost melted. Turning her head, she gave him a sly grin.

"And until then, everytime you have to wake up early, I'm just gonna stay in the bed; all cozy and warm, and go right back to sleep while you have to go to work. I'll just sleep in till noon, wasting half the day under the covers."

s'Il was silent for a while, her train of thought wandering as she thought of something that had been gnawing at her for the last few weeks.

"Is it true that with the force, you can extend your lifespan?"

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:19:20 PM
"I have yet to try that, so I do not know. I have out lived my father though. But his life was cut short," Millard paused, his eyes darkening.

"He died in battle. I've told you this story before."

The comment about staying in bed with Millard took him back a bit. He hadn't expected her to mention that, and it suprised him.

She wishes to live with me?

Millard sighed, but kept massaging.

"I have heard of Jedis and Siths increasing their lifespan. To me, it is a pity. When my body gives out it gives out. If I die in battle, I die in battle.

"There is something I wish to know. I would like to extend the invitation of my castle to you at any time. You may move there if you like. I have plenty of rooms there, if you wish for one to yourself. Or you may share mine as well. Know that your choice will not affect our relationship. If you prefer your apartment, it will not matter to me at all."

He paused, taking a sip of coffee, then continued his massage.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:50:20 PM
Sitting up, s'Il leaned back against him as her hands went over his, stopping the massage he was giving her. "Just be sure not to die anytime soon, eh," she sighed, her eyes still closed.

At his invitation to move to Balmorra, she craned her neck to look up at his face. With the rising sun behind him and framing his much taller figure, it cast his features in shadow as she locked eyes with him.

"You would actually want me to live with you; here?"

It tempted her. A lot. Yag'dhul was a nice place to live; out of the way, unassuming, and seemingly harmless. A perfect place for her to hole up. But here? Balmorra? The only other time she'd been here was to pull a job that had gone off amazingly well. That was three years ago at one of Bin Prime's major museums, and the painting she'd taken now hung on the wall above her bed in her apartment on Yag'dhul.

It only took a few minutes for her to make up her mind. "That'd be......... nice.......

"But only on one condition," she continued to stare into his eyes, smiling lightly; if not just a little lopsidedly, "I'm tired of making decisions; you choose where I sleep."

Taylor Millard
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:57:55 PM
Millard was elated. He'd taken another risk and she'd said, 'Yes.' He felt joy, yes, joy in his heart at her answer.

"We could share the same bed. Although you will have a room to call your own. And you do not have to worry about having anything confiscated. As far as I am concerned you are immune to anything you may have pilfered before moving here."

He bent down then kissed her lips softly.

"I will have to move into a bigger room though..." he chuckled, "We will make plans later, for now, breakfast if you do not mind.

"How is your back? Still stiff?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:35:12 AM
s'Il grinned up at him, "It's much better now, thanks. You've got a talent there." She cast her eyes at the oatmeal.

"I think I'm just gonna have some of that oatmeal, if it's ok with you; I'm not too hungry this morning."

She took another sip of her coffee, leaning an elbow on the table and propping her chin in her hand. His tender kiss had told her enough to know that he was both relieved and happy that she'd accepted his invitation, and it made her smile.

Reaching a hand up, she stroked his face as he'd done to her so many times before.

Taylor Millard
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:40:47 AM
He smiled, a full smile which caused his eyes to shine. He took her hand, then placed one of her fingers in his mouth and lightly sucked on it. He then removed it, and kissed her hand.

Taylor sat before her, taking a bite of his eggs. He was pleased with how he cooked them. Light and fluffy, with enough taste for him to enjoy it. A bit of bacon, then a sip of coffee.

"I'm pleased you are here? I enjoy your company immensely."

He smiled, then took another bite.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:38:05 PM
s'Il smiled lightly, her eyes soft in the light of the morning sun. "Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like to be with you also.....

"I don't know why," she shook her head ever so slightly, "but I do."

She took a bite of her oatmeal then, not really knowing what to say beyond what she'd just stated, and therefore opted to eat in silence for a few minutes, listening to the waves as they lapped gently against the hull of the boat. It was soothing, and threatened to put her to sleep once more.

Sipping at her coffee, she smiled again at him before turning to look out over the water, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Thanks for bringing me out here......."

Taylor Millard
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:36:43 PM
"You're welcome," Millard noticed s'Ilancy's tiredness, "You know, we do not have to go diving yet. If you wish, you could go back to sleep for another few hours. I have things I can do here. Or I could join you. Your choice, Lok."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:09:54 PM
"I'll be fine; honest. Just give me a little more time to wake up," s'Il grinned back at him, finishing off the rest of her coffee.

She stood then, stretching. Her muscles were slowly going back to their usual limberness, and she felt them become less tight and rigid.

Twisting her torso, she was rewarded with a series of pops all up along her spine, and she went the other way, repeating her motions which yielded the same results.

"Much better......."

Taylor Millard
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:50:54 PM
Millard winced. Even in his older age, his back had yet to pop. He did enjoy the view of s'Il stretching though. But he enjoyed her company more than that.

Yet he still sensed a hint of nervousness in her. Taylor was unsure why she felt this way, but she did. This brought concern to Millard's face.

"You're still nervous about this aren't you? Why you are here. Why I have asked you to move in with me. Why? What concerns you my dear?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:27:26 PM
s'Il paused, then turned to look at him, just a little bit of confusion on her features before his words sunk in fully. Her eyes unfocused for a few seconds as she thought.

Was she still nervous?

Yeah, I guess I am; I've just been burying it.......

"I.... I don't...." she stopped, trying to understand what it was she was feeling; that and try to put it into words. It didn't really surprise her that he'd found the insecurities she'd pushed away for the time being. He did, after all, have the force; something she was utterly blind to. Much more so than normal non-force users.

"It's just...." she paused, then cursed and sat back down. "Look," she finally began, "I'll always be a little nervous; it may not be easily apparent at times, but it's there regardless.

I mean, I can't tell you how happy I am that you want me to live with you; but at the same time I can't help but think of the day that this might end. I don't want to think about it, but I do. It's just one of those things I do.

"I mean, think about it. What am I? What do I do? If I don't break a law at some point in the course of everyday life, I'd go buggo. And what about you? The laws I break are mostly the ones you uphold and enforce whether as your chosen profession or personal ideals."

She hesitated, collecting her thoughts once more. "The last thing I want is for you to get any crap from something I've done. Does that mean I feel any less than I already do for you...?"

This caused her to stop again; how far did those feelings go? How far had she let him in?

s'Il shook her head, both to clear her head of her thoughts and answer herself. "Of course not; I can't tell you how much I want to be with you......."

Is that right?? Her jaw muscles flexed as she thought about what she'd just said. Do I really want to be around him... spend my time with him... live with him...?? She knew the answer already without thinking though, and she sighed an inward, tired sigh. Now that she thought about it, her question about the force sustaining one's life made sense to. She wouldn't have asked it if she didn't want to be with him for as long as she could... It is......

She stared into his eyes. "I don't want it to end. It's just... it's just that for me, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. It will; it always does."

Taylor Millard
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:10:53 PM
"Perhaps so," Millard mused, taking a sip from this coffee, "But then...in a relationship, there are times where one doesn't care about that.

"I'll be honest, it does not please me you steal artwork. But, you are not selling it to buyers, looking to make a quick credit. You keep it for yourself. You cherish the artwork, something not many thieves do. And frankly, you keep it in better conditions than most musuems do.

"Or I would hope that you do," he said with a sly smile, "In regards to the other shoe...we will cross that bridge when we come to it. If we come to it.

"Your company is something I enjoy, as I have said on countless number of times. I like you, Loklorien s'Ilancy. I like you a lot. You're quite different than most of the women I do know. You're stronger than them. You rely on your own abilities, not on others to succeed.

"That, and I find it...soothing to be in your presence. You make me smile."

He paused, finishing him coffee, "And I enjoy that."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:26:17 AM
s'll smiled as he set the now empty mug down, and leaning over the table, kissed him. "Well thank you for the kind words," she grinned then kissed him once more.

Resting her forehead on his, she stared him in the eyes, a lopsided grin growing.

"And yes, I do take very good care of my... things. They mean the world to me."

Her left hand reached around to teasingly caress the back of his neck, brushing through the short cropped hair at the nape of his neck. She kissed him yet again, seemingly pulling him with her across the table, then pulled back after a few minutes.

She grinned widely, her hand still at the back of his neck.

"You ready to go swimming now.....?"

Taylor Millard
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:29:30 AM
"Of course, I am. Let me get my bathing suit."

Two minutes later and Millard was ready.

"Ready?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:35:44 AM
In answer to his query, s'Il streaked past him with a whoosh; she had pulled on a pair of jeans when she woke up, as well as her bathing suit, but now as she ran across the deck on bare feet and launched herself up over the railing into the air, she didn't rightly care if her jeans were still on.

She dove into the water, letting her momentum take her as deep as it would before slowly rising to the surface. Her head broke the surface of the water, and she breathed in the morning air deeply.

"Ready for what?"

She called to Millard with a wild grin.

Taylor Millard
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:40:45 AM
Millard laughed, watching her leap into the water. A few seconds later he joined her, leaping over her and diving down deep into the ocean.

He stayed down for a few minutes, circling under s'Ilancy, then swam upwards just beneath her.

His hands shot to her jeans, and with a smirk...he pulled them down.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:36:07 AM
Diving down, s'Il reached out and grabbed his hands as they sought to remove her jeans, and as her legs kicked free, she grabbed the pants and headed for the surface.

A quick toss sent the jeans back onto the deck, and s'Il treaded water once more before turning to Millard.

"Enjoying yourself there," she smirked, leisurely making her way to him.

Taylor Millard
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:38:49 AM
Millard smiled, then carressed s'Il's face, "Are you?"

Then without waiting for an answer he kissed her on the lips. As he broke the kiss, he threw her up and out, sending her into the water with a loud splash.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 7th, 2002, 05:48:13 PM
She laughed as she hit the water quite unceremoniously, sending water in all directions; including Millard's. s'Il didn't rise to the surface though; she dove deep, going as far down as she could go.

In the distance to her left, a school of silvery fish meandered through the water, the sun glinting off their reflective scales. s'Il's own eyes did that on occasion, and with a kick, she propelled herself forward through the water.

Finally almost out of breath, she headed up, and as her head broke the surface, she sucked in a deep breath, letting the air fill her lungs.

Taylor Millard
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:39:42 PM
Millard swam behind her, marvelling her beauty as she came out of the water. s'Ilancy was gorgeous, Millard knew it. The way water fell from her face and her hair. The way her biting wit was able to catch him off guard. The way her honesty appealed to him.

Taylor Millard liked Loklorien s'Ilancy immensely. And he knew she him in return.

He came up behind her, his hands on her as he kissed her neck, then her lips. His silvery eyes flashed as they connected with his blue eyes.

THey kissed again, then Taylor dove down deep, staring at the fish. The water was green, and the fish enjoyed it.

It was then he saw something, in the green. A dark spectrum down deep. Using the Force, Millard craned his eyes attempting to make it out.

It was a ship. A spaceship.

Millard surfaced gasping for air. He shook water from his face, then smiled at s'Il.

His hands wrapped around her, then mischievously, he undid the snap.

"Found the ship. We'll swim for a little bit more, then go diving. Is that all right with you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:16:41 AM
She loved being so close to him; she didn't know why, but that was just the way she felt. He was becoming more open in his affections, and she was glad that he seemed to be more apt to be close to her; to draw her near to him. It overjoyed her beyond words.

As he encircled her in his arms after coming back up from the depths of the water, she wrapped her own arms around his neck and staring him closely in the face, their foreheads touching.

She laughed lightly when he undid the snap on her top, and pushed away from him, water swirling around her as she drifted, while in the same motion bringing a hand up to keep the top from floating away.

"Sounds fine to me," she grinned, then laughed as her finger refastened the clasp.

"You're getting braver."

Taylor Millard
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:21:26 AM
"Must be the company," he smiled, laughing along with her. Her laugh was nice, something he liked to listen to. If he could have recorded it he would have, so he could listen to it at all times. The same went for her voice, as relaxing and soothing as it was.

A fish suddenly splashed to the top, nudging at the Imperial Grand Admiral's leg as it did. It was a kricker, a long thin snake-like fish with a long mouth. They were relatively friendly, although they enjoyed nibbling on the occassional foot or leg, looking for bacteria.

Taylor ran his finger over it, then watched as it swam away, heading towards Lok. He smiled as it nibbled at her.

"Would you prefer me not to do that?" he smirked, "Also, when do you want to go diving?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:32:20 PM
The nibbling of the fish tickled slightly, and she smiled just a little, gently shooing it away with a wave of her hand. It darted off, rejoing the rest of its school, and her eyes lingered briefly on its graceful body before turning back to Taylor, and she closed the short distance between them.

"We can go now if you want," she grinned, reaching out and pulling herself to him. Her grin growing, she leaned in and bit his neck ever so lightly, nipping gently over his skin as her hands ran over his shoulders and up to lightly grasp the wet hair at the back of his head.

Taylor Millard
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:22:53 AM
He didn't want to let go. Ever.

It was pure and simple. Millard smelled everything. The brine of the sea, the smell of s'Il's shampoo...everything. He felt her wet skin and her mouth on his neck. He wanted her.

Too soon, too soon, a voice in his head chided him, Continue to get to know her. Enjoy her company.

He smiled and hugged her again.

"C'mon, let's get the gear."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:45:25 PM
She could feel it in his body. In the way he held her. In the way his hands tensed as they ran over her back. In the beating of his heart. In his very breath. Body language was not hard to read in the least.

And she wanted him as well.

But, she was willing to respect his wishes to wait. She was patient. It'll only make me appreciate the way I feel about him that much more..... make me appreciate him more....

As he drew her to him in another embrace, she let her nails graze along his back, lightly scratching, and let her lips brushed against his ear.

"I'll follow you...."

Taylor Millard
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:13:52 PM
"Very well then," Millard helped s'Il up into the boat.

It took only 10 minutes for them to get the scuba gear on. Millard helped s'Il in the gear, then got his on himself. The hose tasted of rubber and sea water.

Taylor handed Lok a blaster, just in case anything was still alive on the ship. He gave her a brief kiss on the cheek (all he could manage with the rubber as it was), fastened his goggles, then dove in.

The light green of the water met the two as they submerged. The two headed towards the ship, avoiding the fish and cracken which got in their way. They dove into the depths of the ocean searching for the entrance to the ship.

After a few minutes...s'Il pointed towards a hatch underneath a bit of algea and rocks. Taylor swam up to it, and pushed. It refused to budge. A few tries later and it still didn't move.

FInally, Millard used the Force. The hatch opened, allowing Taylor and s'il entry into the ship.

Ironically, the ship was relatively dry. Taylor pulled his mask off, then felt around him.

He heard s'Il gasp, then stared down at the floor. There...was an ancient lightsaber.

"It appears we've found out ship," he uttered as the lights suddenly turned on.

To be continued...