PDA

View Full Version : SashaKovalev, Your Lightsaber Training Starts Now

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 27th, 2002, 02:12:03 AM
**Dyzm twirls his lightsaber in a slow figure 8 as he paces back and forth, waiting for his apprentice. Hits boots strike against the stone floor as he again turns and begins to retrace his path.**

SashaKovalev
Jun 27th, 2002, 06:14:40 AM
He had come. As soon as he had received word, he'd dragged himself from his bed and thrown his clothes on. He was dressed simply in black, and his saber and his blaster were at his hip. His master had summoned him, and he had no intention of keeping him waiting.

His hair was tousled, and sleep was still in his eyes as he walked quickly through the halls, breaking into a jog even. He did not want to anger his master by keeping him waiting.

As he walked into the room, he saw his master there, swinging his saber in a figure eight pattern, pacing the floor. His heart pounded in his chest in nervousness. Lord Dyzm could be an imposing, intimidating presence when he chose to be.

As Sasha approached, he bent his head in respect to his master, his eyes on the floor before they flickered tentatively to Dyzm.

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting, master." He stated, his voice soft, but loud enough to be heard.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:39:59 AM
**Dyzm ignored the formalities, he really hated them.**

Ah good, Shasha, I trust you brought your lightsaber?
If So, we can begin

**Dyzm takes half a step backwards, droping his leg back and placing himself into a dueling stance.**

OOC: I like battles quick paced, and short and to the point with the posts. You can add as much detail in as you want, though, I wont stop ya there. But If I suddenly stop posting, ya know what went wrong, lol.

SashaKovalev
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:33:11 AM
(ooc: *laughs* Heh. Got it.)

Sasha nodded.

"Yes, Sir." He replied as his left hand took hold of the hilt, detaching it from his belt. He knew nothing of correct battle stances, but he stood with his feet a natural, comfortable distance apart.

He ignited his lightsaber, the orange tip pointing towards the ground as he did so, and then he brought it up to a defensive position.

He was unsure of whether or not he was to take action, and so he waited for his master's command.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:50:34 PM
You have the force as your guide! Use it! Listen to it! It will tell you where my attack will come from!

You have 3 guard stances to choose from, each with 3 different blocks, We will go through some of them.
Upper stance Upper guard, lightsaber is held at head height, with the hilt near your ear, and the blade pointing up. This stance is also good to attack with a powerful downward stroke. To Block high attacks, just swing the blade sideways above your head, so the blade is laid flat out and its length crosses your body. Forming a T with you and the lightsaber almost.

Ok, try it!

**Dyzm swings his blade in a over head strike. A power blow, nothing quick and fancy to it.**

SashaKovalev
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:36:42 AM
As his master explained, he raised his saber to emulate. It felt slightly awkward at first, but then, having a lightsaber was still a new experience to him, and with time it would feel more natural.

He had warning of Dyzm's strike, and he did as was asked of him, swinging his blade sideways above his head, blade flat out and forming a T with his body and his saber. It worked perfectly, but then, the attack had been nothing out of the ordinary, merely powerful.

And then he raised his saber again, using the attack Dyzm had just explained. His swing was strong, as he brought the balde down towards his master, but it wasnt fueled by anger or hatred or any sort of aggression. It would be easy - perhaps too easy to defend. It was time he learned to practice as he would play...