PDA

View Full Version : Corin - please attend.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:16:12 AM
At the other end of the training hall, a Jedi Master awaits his latest Padawan

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 26th, 2002, 07:32:38 AM
Corin walked into the training grounds and looked around for awhile when he spotted master Q'Dunn he made his way over to his new master. Corin bowed low.

"Greetings Master."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 27th, 2002, 01:35:20 AM
"Good evening. I have been gving some thought to what we could begin with this morning. Now normally with some Masters yu get a alecture on what the Force is and ho w it works.... that's major boring. How about something a bit more interesting"

Marcus held up what appeared to be a long metal rod of some kind. "How would you like to try learning Force Absorption?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:27:56 AM
Corin curiosly looked at the rod and nodded.

"That sounds good Master Q'Dunn. How should i begin, and what does that thing do?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:43:37 AM
"well, this will be simple. This rod is the active section of a Force Pike. It discharges electricity and is varible settings. Low, it will tickle. At high, it will cut your arm off. Now, if you were to point this at me and fire it, I would not absorb - I would instead have a very effective shield. I deflect. Absorbsorion is not something I do, it is not natural for me - but I do know how to do it. Now, before we begin, I willl ask you, what of this do you already know? How good is your natural talent for this?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:36:58 PM
"well, I...Im not really sure. My mother researched it and told me when i was young i had a knack for it because i put my toy speedr bike into the electrical socket and somehow survived. I only know of my strengths through my mothers research on the jedi and their abilities. she said according to her information/tests i was strong in Force Absorption and Telekinesis. what they are i havent a clue. so what will you have me do first."

OOC: Srry Marcus i can probably only post once more tomorrow before i have to go to a youth conference for three days. ill post again though as soon as i get back.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:46:13 AM
"Basically, this is simple. You learn how to absorb the electrical discharge from the Pike. We start very, very low and then go up. Fairly straight forward." The Master adjusted the settings to one above minimum.

"If you dont succeed at first, this setting will only tickle. Now, All I can say is relax, br calm and at peace. Prepare your mind. Tell me when you are ready"

OOC : No problem :)

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:55:35 AM
Corin took some deep breaths to calm himself, this would be the first real time he would use the force for training.

"Im ready master!"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:26:44 AM
His thumb pressed down on the activation button and being this was mow current, he touched the conductor onto Corin's exposed hand

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:30:52 PM
Corin felt the sharp startling tingle of electrodes for a little but then after a little focusing he quickly sucked in the energy from the force pike. he could feel the singularcells in his body recieving that energy and absorbing it and pretty soon the shock went away to nothing.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:45:15 AM
The next setting woould normally cause the muscles to twitch. Nodding, Marcus set the Pike for the second setting.

"Good. Now, be ready"

For the second time, he touched the actviation button

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 1st, 2002, 09:22:17 PM
Corin felt the increase in current as the pike headwas advanced to level two. his muscles did start to twitch but he quickly subdues his trembling limbs and gave himself back into the force, sucking in more and more volts into his body. he heavier but not tired, as if his body was a giant vessel holding in something.....waiting to release it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:56:52 AM
"Once more"

The dial wasnt upped, but the duration of the firing this time was longer.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:05:23 AM
Corin was washed by a small tidal wave of electricity that suddenly came rushing at him. it was still the same current but was coming faster this time....his arm began to feel it first and pretty soon his whole body was twitching. beads of sweat were starting to form from concentration. he called upon the force again and channeled the current into a giant stream, flowing through his organs, his blood stream his every cell. flowing and coursing a constant river of power. the twitching stopped and he was stable with the current once again.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 02:45:07 AM
This was good. Very good. But there was one question to be asked

"Excellent - but now what do you do with the energy? How do you dissapate or discharge?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:06:47 AM
Corin spoke through gritted teath

"So far master, ive been absorbing it through my cells taking in the energy using it to benefit my own powers and to make me stronger."

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:06:17 PM
"Good"

Marcus thought about this - what he was considering teaching was regarded as a Dark Side power, and knowledge of it was not to be taught. Or was it? For a Padawan who wanted to learn how to absorb energy, there was one problem - what to do with an energy burst that was not able to be contained? How could you hold back energy that threatened to burst loose?

"Corin, you need to learn how to redirect and release as well. What if I was to push this Pike up to it's maximum setting and you managed to absorb? The energy is still in you and like a vessel, there is a point where you will not be able to contain any longer. The point of this lesson is to make that vessel larger and stronger, but even if your a Jedi Master, you will not be able to forever absorb. You have to learn how to manage and how to release. You need to learn how to reflect. These are not easy, but you would in the end be able to take a Sith's energy attack and reflect or absorb - which would give you a considerable advantage. Understand?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:45:04 PM
Corin thought for a moment and then nodded

"yes master, i think i do if i am able to absorb then i can most likely use it as energy stores or a weapon almost? Right?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:37:03 PM
"Yes, correct. The direct manipulation of energy is a powerful tool Corin. Make sure you learn to use it wisely"

And he couldn't resist making a joke.

"And if not, make a good cup of tea with it. Seriously though.... no wait a moment training should be fun as well, so why not? You can experiment. Get a good mug and fill it with water"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:53:35 PM
Corin smiled happily/jokingly

"Alright, but id rather have hot cocoa....or are you actually serious?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:49:45 AM
Corin wouldn't know - the Jedi Master also had a sense of humour. You really couldn't always act like you had a stick up your bum

"I'm Serious. I want you to channel energy into the cup and heat up the water inside for a nice cup of tea. Training should be fun as well.... too much seriousness and it would be boring. Think you can do this?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:29:27 PM
Corin smiled he was glad and piveledged to have such a master as marcus. he went found a cup and filled it with water. then he held the cup flat on his palm while he held the other hand to the force pike.

"Ready Master! Id rather have some cocoa though so ill make that instead!"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2002, 03:58:36 AM
"Oh okay, fair enough. Ready then? I'll have the Pike set to level 4, so be prepared.."

Marcus waited until the Padwan nodded and then depressed the trigger - this time the energu burst was enough to arc from the ti and onto Corin arm

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:41:14 AM
Corin felt the dramatic increase in force from the pike and shoved the pain aside w/the force. he shoved it into the cup of water channeling it through him as if he were a man made stream changing the course of a river, redirecting the enrgy current into the small mug of cold water. the water began to form bubbles then rising bubbles and soon it began to boil rapidly. Corin smiled big, proud that he had done something for a change the right way. he set the cup of boiling water down and added the packet of Insto-Cocoa and in a short while he was gingerly sipping at the steaming mug.

"Care foe a sip, Master Q'Dunn?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:36:50 AM
He could not hold back his laughter anymore.

"Well done!" The Master stated after finishing "Well done indeed. And...." He accepted the cup, taking the offered sip, before handing it back "... Nice and hot just as I like. When you are ready, we'll try level 6 - which will cause physical injury. I feel that you will be capable of dealing with that just, but no more for now. You have done well but if you believe you can't cope with level 6, say so. I will not be disappointed for you have done better than I expected"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:37:45 PM
Corin swelled with pride.

"Yes i think im able to do it."

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:02:18 PM
"Then..... when you are ready"

Marcus waited for Corin, then stepped back. This time hte Electrical burst was powerful enough to arc out over a good meter...

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:16:19 AM
Corin nodded and the force pike was switched on.....the lightning rod of energy shot into Corin's body, but this time not only did it cause spasms but painas well. Corin regained control of the spasming after a little bit of force concentration, but the pain was much harder to rid his body of. he tapped into the the aura of the force arouund him....everything, Marcus, the other padawans and masters in the grounds, the plant life of the planet, even the pike itself. he felt a surge of renewed strength and he used this to start to absorb the energy, absorb it into his every cell as usual but then send it straight through his body and into the ground. the energy flowing through him to the ground like a river flowing through a lock to a bigger lake. the pain left him.....gradually but in a few minutes there was nothing left but a small tingle. he had controlled it and was keeping it under control.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:30:11 AM
"good, Good!"

Marcus switched the Pike off and placed it to one side.

"That will be all for that for today. You have done well. "

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:15:59 AM
Corin dropped the connection he had made with the force and felt a wave of weariness wash over him.

"Thankyou master."

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:42:39 AM
"tomorrow, there will be something different. Meet e near the basement, where the utilities entrance is. I have something... interesting in mind for tomorrow"