PDA

View Full Version : The perpetual padawan practices (open to any padawan)

Hunk
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:09:25 PM
THe padawan entered a training room with a purpose and a newly created lightsaber (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18872). He wasn't a warrior.

Scratch that, he was a warrior in the past, trained to protect a king, but no longer. Presently, he was a healer, devoted to easing the pain of others. But he was also a jedi, and skill with a lightsaber would unquestionably be needed down the road.

He had spent the last 3 weeks locked away in the library, studying the textx written by the great jedi swordsmen of the past. He felt that he had absorbed enough knowledge to hold his own in a fight, but he needed practice. The session began wth Hunk assuming the classic ready position, holding the grip firmly in both hands, at chest height, the blade in a vertical position.

He assumed the first blocking position br dropping his right shoulder and driving his left shoulder across his body, bringing the saber into a horizontal position. From this position he dropped his left shoulder and brought his right hand over the top, bringing the blade to a diagnol position, facing the ground and in position to defend against and low strike from left.

He then brought his left elbow up and rotated his right hand, bringing the palm up, a motion which swung the blade to his right side. Again, he was ready to deflect a low blow, this time from the right. From this position, he brought both hands above his head, placing the blade in a high horizontal position to deflect a high strike from the right.

He practiced these five positions over and over again, going from the ready position to each of the four blocking positions and between bloking positions. Over and over the motions went until they became smooth and fluid.

Hunk
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:52:36 PM
Once he was comfortable with the four blocking positions and the ready position, he tired several others.

He became comfortable with the low ready position, with the sabre blade held before him, dipping towards the ground in a submissive pose designed to trick over anxious opponents into attacking wildly. He then brought it up to the center ready position, a defensive pose from which he could quickly defend against most strikes.

Finally, he began practicing his attacks. First were the slashing attacks: keeping his elbows close to his body he brought the saber down diagonally from left to right and from left to right, stiking from his imaginary opponent's shoulder to side.

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 09:09:31 AM
He moved on to swinging attacks, bringing the blade horizontally across his body, driving it with his hips in a move designed to cut across the opponent's chest. It was a powerful move, but slow.

Much quicker were the small wrist cuts he practiced next. Keeping his hands staionary, he began moving the blade in small, quick moves, precise cuts designed to attack the opponent's wrists. A non-fatal move, but one that could easily incapacitate a fighter and quickly end a fight.

He did not, however, practice any fancy flips, jumps, or twirls. He saw these flourishes as unneccesary wastes of energy that could easily leave you open to an attack by an attentive enemy. Instead, he continued to practice the basics. Proven moves that would allow him to hold his own against most enemies. His force-hightened senses and reflexes would allow him to anticipate the other person's move and plan a counter-attack.

But not all enemies would be wielding a sabre. Blasters were far more common, and, therefore, he knew he would have to be prepared. From a small bag he had tossed to the side upon entering, he took a small target drone. Spherical in shape, it consisted of a small shield generator, a low energy laser emitter, and a repulsor lift, which allowed it to hover smoothly over the ground. Hunk adjusted the drone to target him, circling and shooting in a randomized pattern.

(if a padawan wants to jump in and spar, don't be shy)

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 09:21:12 AM
:: Dios had watched the man from the back and found this very interesting. He needed the experience and this man knew somethings he wanted to learn. He tooka swig from his glass and entered the area's light::
Hey! I'll spar with ya if you don't mind. Just watch it, my saber's a little iffy right now.
:: Dios flick on the saber and instead of hissing out it seemed to wait before for a moment before actually starting up.::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:03:08 AM
Hhunk wiped several beads of sweat from his forehead.

"Gladly. However, allow me to put away this saber and grab lower-powered practice one. I am still quite unskilled myself and would rather not have the lost limb of a fellow jedi weighing down on my concience"

He placed his own saber in the small bag and removed a plain, silver-hilted training saber. He ignited the blue blade and raised it in a vertical orientaion, bringing it into the high ready position.

"Please proceed," he said, awaiting the other jedi's attack.

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:11:29 AM
:: Dios smirked at the mention of lost limbs, he'd already lost both arms, they'd grown back, but it had still hurt. Dios wasn't use to making the first move but now was the time to try. Dios flew at the other man and proceeded to move around him until he had a glance of how the man was positioned. He came in with a low slasg to his legs then brought the saber back up for the abdomen::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:41:19 AM
Keeping calm, Hunk brought his left foot back and dropped his right elbow, swinging the sabre a a downwards arc and swatting away the strike. The blades collided in a brilliant show of light and sound. As he pushed the attack to the side, he flicked his wrists up, sending his sabre in an upward slice, aiming his couter-attack at the man's midsection

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:47:30 AM
:: Dios brought his sword up to meet the other, they clashed and Dios tried out his new toy. The high frequency spurts let loose and for an instant his saber disappeared long enough for it to look like it had passed through the other sword, he brought the saber to Hunk's neck and let the stun effect sizzle the side of his neck. He brought his sword back and came up with a slash::
You like?

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:56:54 AM
Hunk dropped back a step with his sabre held out in front of him, guarding the center. He could still feel the tingle of the saber against his neck, a feeling he never would have felt in a real fight as his head was unceremoniously seperated from his torso.

"Interesting technique...mind telling me how you managed to pass through my saber in that parry?"

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:06:36 AM
:: Dios stood back and held up the still unfinished saber::
High frequency bursts keep my saber in a single saber but a disruption allows the laser field to be dropped and the laser becomes just a blink of light that is easily passed through by dense fields such as those that keep our lightsabers in check. Interesting trick no? I will find it handy in the real thing. Especially when my saber is complete.

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:31:29 AM
Hunk used the momentary distration to strike. In the blink of an eye he was swinging his sabre in a tight, couterclockwise arc and slashing at his opponent's unguarded right thigh, scoring a glancing blow. Two steps back brought him out of range again and allowed him to assume a high ready position.

"I'm quite impressed. Building a lightsaber is, in and of itself a difficult task, but to be able to add such a feature...well let's just say it speaks well of your abilities."

Hunk kept an eye on Dios' feet, reading the movements to anticipate his next move while secretly wishing he wore robes to conceal his own.

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:37:11 AM
:: Dios was surprised as the painstreaked up his side, he should've expected that, some kind of strike to make up for his. He stepped back and and moved slightly to his left then used the force to push him left as he pushed right which let him move straight with a stabbing attack::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:46:45 AM
"Clever!", he thought to himself.

The sliding feet of his spar partner almost caught him offguard, but the motion was slow enough to allow Hunk to react. Dropping his right leg back, he sidestepped the charging opponent and brought his sabre down on the other's, driving it to the ground. But the action was an awkward one, and he was caught with his weight on his heels.

An important lesson had been learned: the feet could decieve if the opponent was clever enough. He would have to rethink his strategy

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:49:55 AM
:: Instead of Dios taking his saber to his opponent's weak spot, Dios tried something another person had used on him. He tried to focus the force behind Hunk's kneecap, trying to collapse him as Dios came in with a kick to his chest::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:03:40 PM
Unexpectedly, he felt himself struck, not from the front, but from behind. The blow sent him to his knees, and he looked up just in time to see a booted foot come crashing into his chest. Driving the pain from his mind, he rolled with the blow, tumbling backwards and coming up on his toes, crouched, with saber up and ready.

Dios had advanced on him, though, and he got his sabre up just in time to deflect a fierce overhead chop. Using the momentum of the blade, he continued the motion, bringing the blade around in a horizontal strike aimed at the other man's chest.

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:09:15 PM
:: Dios was caught offgaurd by the reflexes of how fast he cam back up, why sould he be surprised? Dios would have to remember that speed is something almost everybody had on their side with the force and he would have to adjust to that. Dios deflected the block and came in with his own slash up::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:24:07 PM
Unable to bring his sabre around fast enough to deflect it, Hunk was forced to spring back into an awkward backflip to avoid being sliced from stomach to sternum. He landed slightly offbalenced and instead of correcting it, kept the position, with his sabre held low in a submissive gesture, hoping to get his opponent to strike recklessly.

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:28:28 PM
:: Dios stepped, back, too many times he had fallen into a web only to be wrapped in strings of pain. Dios watched the man's eyes and tried to anticipate now with the force, not react. He felt possibilities of movement but more than anything else was patience. They could sit here for a while but then what would he learn? Nothing to Dios it seemed. Very well then, Dios pushed forward and slashed in a criss cross action and a stab::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:38:06 PM
The attack came, as he had hoped, but it was planned and deliberate instead of reckless. Still, he brought his sabre up with a quick snapping motion to deflect the blow as he drew himself up to his full height.

The following thrust, however, cought him in the left shoulder, numbing it temporarily. He quickly rearranged his hands, bringing his right hand down so that arm could provide the power until his left arm recovered. The resulting slash aimed at the wrist of the other man was therefore a little wild, and he had little hope that it would connect.

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:43:30 PM
:: Dios felt it connect to his wrist and he dropped his lightsaber as he lunged away from what had caused him pain. The guy had gone for a chance and had made it. Dios was weaponless now but he could try, he focused and tried to pull the saber to him but he wasn't focused enough. He wouldn't be able to do it::
Hey, don't pick up the saber! It's set for me only and causes pain to those it's program doesn't recognize.
:: Dios was making a plan to get his saber back as he spoke. What if this happened during a real duel. He'd be screwed.::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:49:07 PM
The success of the attack caught Hunk offguard, and he was unprepared when his opponent's sabre rattle to the ground. However, unwilling to let such an opportunity go, he quickly took advantage, stepping on the sabre hilt and pointing his own glowing blade at Dios' chest.

"Do you give?"

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:02:15 PM
:: Dios laughed, with more training in the force he'll have more options next time::
Sure, i give.
:: Dios walked over and picked up his saber and held out his hand to shake it with the man::

Hunk
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:53:14 PM
Hunk took his opponent's hand in his own with a crushing handshake and a hearty laugh.

"An excellent fight. I look forward to more of the same in the future. Now what do you say to a trip to Yoghurt's? I could go for a drink, myself."

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:58:54 PM
:: Dios laughed at the proposal. Dios was tired and with or without this man, Dios was heading to Yoghurt's. But with him was more prefered.::
Sure, you lead.
:: Dios and Hunk left for the Bar::