PDA

View Full Version : The training of Arriana Daynon

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:41:06 PM
Deciding to do something a bit different, I had summoned my two newest padawans to the same room. Until they showed up, I passed the time by stretching out my legs.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:43:59 PM
:: Dios walked into the academy, he'd never seen his new master before but he was supposed today. He saw a woman stretching out and was tempted to say something else::
Uhhh... excuse me, do you know where Ryla Relvinian might be?

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:13:29 PM
I looked up from my exercise at the man in the doorway. "That's me. Dios, I presume?"

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:19:45 PM
:: Dios laughed::
Sorry, that's me. I didn't know what you looked like, I wasn't sure. I'm here as you summoned.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:32:43 AM
"Good. Now, all we have to do is wait for another new padawan... Arriana Daynon."

Dios Kane
Jun 27th, 2002, 01:02:04 AM
:: Dios nodded and sat down under a tree and closed his eyes. He tried to meditate and focus on the force, letting it flow through him. He didn't know much to do after this but he liked the feeling and it kept his mind off the wait.::

Arriana Daynon
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:04:40 AM
Arriana hurriedly bounded into the training area. As she looked to both her Master and fellow padawan her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. She bowed low, humbly apologizing for her tardiness. She offered no excuse knowing she honestly had none. "Master, forgive my being late."

Dios Kane
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:18:39 AM
:: Dios looked up and smiled, finally::

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:53:40 AM
I looked up from my conversation with Dios to see the young woman I had just met in the hallways of the living quarters, flushed and embarassed. I smiled friendly, hoping not to start off the master-padawan relationship with a bad note. "Don't worry. I understand that you had other commitments to take care of. I fully know that sometimes other things can steal our time."

I motioned both of them to sit down on the training mats. We sat in a triangle and I began the very first, most important speech. "As you both have probably figured out, I am attempting something new with this training session. I will be available for individual work later on, but I think for now I will train you together. You will work together with the Force and train together with the saber. I think that it will be beneficial for all involved.

"As you know, the Jedi are fairly open as to the people they accept. It is up to us, the teachers, to help you along to path that is right for you."

I handed both of them a datapad. "To get started, here are three questions that I always ask my Padawans to get to know them better.

1. What is The Force to you?

2. What made you decide to want to be a Jedi?

3. Do you have any special abilities or unique weapons?

OOC: In case you don't know, IC means In Character, and OOC means Out Of Character. While you answer the above questions as your character would, please answer these below as you. :] (I know, this sounds silly, but some don't know that when they first start out.)

1. How often are you able to check this forum?

2. What kind of field do you plan for this character? By field I mean healing, warrior, martial arts, force abilities and so on. If you don't know right now, that is fine. :]

3. Do you Role Play anywhere else, and if so, where?

Dios Kane
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:29:28 PM
:: Dios looked over the datapad and smiled as he began to type in the answers. These were interesting questions and he'd figure he would enjoy these very much. He began to answer them on the pad.::

1. The force to me is two entities. There is the light side, the creator, and the darkside, the ender.
2. I wanted to become a jedi because I had tasted the darkside and found it not to my liking at all and realized that through the life of the force you were truly blessed with the good life. But that is my opinion.
3. Abilities, I am saturated with holy water which lets me regenerate and heal at rapid speeds. It also doesn't let me age at all, it's original use was to let me be able to match a vampire's supernatural abilities. Weapons, I have a prototype at the moment of my lightsaber, and I have two completley adjustable lightsabers.
1. every so often. My job keeps me goin...
2. A scholar... I think...
3. in the sith empire's ramas with the same char... a jedi in a really bad bar, hehe

Arriana Daynon
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:00:05 AM
Arriana plopped down on the floor cross-legged as the datapad was handed to her. She examined it a moment, reading through all the questions several times before finally punching in her answers.

1. The Force is created by life and is neither good nor evil, although, it can be made to serve evil. To me, the Force is what binds the galaxy together. It provides a safe haven for some and a weapon for others. It is a tool for which one can wield the power to help those in dire need, bringing tranquillity and peace to the galaxy.

2. Over the past several years, once I learned that I had a small amount of Force sensitivity, I have been devoting every moment of my spare time to learning as much as I can about the ways of the Force. The first thing I stumbled upon where the Knights known as Jedi. I became fascinated with their life and knew that I wanted to help others, wanted to bridge the gap between nature and the technology, which our society is based on.

3. The only special ability that I have stumbled across is my relationship with nature. My entire life I have been known as the one that can turn desolate ground into a beautiful, richly vegetated garden. I can commune well with animals, training them in just days to do what most can’t train them to do in months.

OOC:

1. At least once every day, although occasionally work will get the best of me.

2. Just as I had stated in the IC Question 3. She will conquer the field of nature.

3. Do you want to know if I RP as different characters elsewhere, or just RP with this character elsewhere? Arriana only RPs here, if it is the latter.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:33:08 PM
I took back the two datapads and scanned them quickly. This was, secretly, one of the neatest parts about training people, their totally different personalities and abilities. "You are both very astute in your perceptions of the Force. Dios, your regenerative abilities will certainly come in handy, if they haven't already. Arriana, your elementalist and animalist abilities will be a very big asset to you, as they are fairly rare gifts. Another one of my padawans, Adisha Dije, also has a gift with animals. Perhaps you two should get together and compare notes sometime."

Smiling at the two padawans, I quickly finished reading their answers and then, using the force, put them up on a shelf across the room. "You will learn to do that in a moment, but first there is the final question."

My face lost its smile as I paused to consider the seriousness of the speech I was about to give. "There is one thing that you already know, given that you have applied and begun your training her with the Jedi. You already know of the Sith, or the Dark Jedi, or whatever they choose to call themselves this week. Know that they are all the same, despite titles and intents. Those who do not follow the path of Light are not of the Light, and are not Jedi.

"Master Yoghurt would say that fear is the path to the dark side, and he is correct. Fear... fear of others, fear of the unknown, and most dangerously, fear of ourselves can lead us down paths that we do not wish to follow.

"You, however, have chosen another path, the path of the Jedi. It is not an easy path, but it is a rewarding one. Will you be able to follow this path?"

Chase Starwalker
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:57:13 PM
ignore*

Arriana Daynon
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:11:38 PM
Listening intently to her newly acquired master, Arriana soaked in every word that was spoken to her. She already knew her answer, but thought it over nonetheless. Darkness was not something she wanted to meddle with. She wouldn't have traveled the great distance to GJO to take the short cut and lose her soul to evil...it just wasn't in her nature.

"I will,” she answered, lifting her gaze to that of her Ryla's. Sincerity was etched across her features.

Just as she answered the voice of another in the room cut across the lecture. She turned to view the man who had so rudely interrupted a training session.

Dios Kane
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:24:36 PM
:: Dios looked down for a moment and smiled::
I have walked the path of darkness and I found it not to my taste. I have stumbled upon the path of light and I gladly accept what it offers, I see no other path in my life and I know I will not want another. Fear blinds people, I will try to help them see through that.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:56:47 PM
"It pleases me that you two are so secure. I know that this path rewards with equal measure the dedication of the people who choose it. I think that you two will be fine Jedi Knights when your time comes to recieve the rank."

With that, I turned my head to chase in the doorway and smiled. "I will help you out as we discussed after the lesson today." I watched Chase nod and leave, and then procured from my belt pouch a small, smooth rock, which I put down in between the three of us.

"I think that it is time to begin our first lesson. The Jedi use many different approaches to training, but I think that the straightforward path is often the best one. This stone that you see before you is a way for you to heighten your abilities with the force. I want you to examine it, not with your hands, but with your mind. I want you to reach out with your senses and describe the stone to me... everything that you can see and sense about it. This will help you increase your awareness of the force."

OOC: Do either of you have AIM or MSN?

Dios Kane
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:22:46 AM
ooc: I got AIM sorta, My sn is Fale23, but I'm not on it very often

:: Dios smiled at what she said then listened as she described what to do next. He then focused using the force. He would have to use the probes he had learned how to use, to push and pull things with the force. To feel it move around him and to feel the force around the stone. He wasn't very good at sensing but he had read in the archives on what to do. He knew the rock was lumpy from seeing but his sense in the force gave him a picture of a ball. And that rock sure wasn't a ball. He'd have to try harder::

Arriana Daynon
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:15:24 AM
Drawing her knees up, she wrapped her slender arms around them, locking her hands together in front. Her eyelids slid shut as she concentrated on the words that flowed from Ryla's mouth.

What her Master asked was something that Arriana had done before on her parent's farm. It hadn't been something she practiced; just something that came to her while planting seed. She had been able to picture the exact seed inches under the soil. However, she wasn't sure that she could do it voluntarily. It had come all on it's own the last time.

She silently rocked back and forth trying to get a visual of the stone in front of her. For a brief second she thought she had it, the general shape, the right diameter, the coloring.... but when she opened one eye to look and see if she had been right, she found herself completely wrong. She had only imagined the rock in her mind; made it completely up.

Sighing, her head slumped down slightly, a downcast look spread across her features. This was definitely not going to be easy...

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:19:15 AM
I could sense frustration born of over-determination coming from both of them. I felt that neither one could sense the qualities of the stone, and offered them some advice. "Both of you have the same problem... using images from your mind rather than what the Force is telling you. Instead, do not picture it as a rock at all in your mind... simply reach out with your feelings and grasp onto whatever it gives back to you. I know you can do it!"

Dios Kane
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:42:52 AM
:: Dios listened to her and closed his eyes again. He cleared his mind and reached out with the force. He hadn't learned to focus just a probe so he seemed to see his entire surroundings through the force. Everything, what he was sitting on, he could see his master and his fellow padawan, and many other items around him. He could even see the rock it was vague but to focus on it, it felt like turning his head and looking at it without his eyes. the focus made the rock seem to be placed inside his mind. he could see it, not too well of course, this was his first time actually doing it but he was glad to have seen it as well as he could now.::
Uhhh... Master? I can sense it but describing a rock's a little difficult other than saying it looks like a rock, I can sense the green moss near the bottom and the flakes of fungus on the top left side but I don't know what much else there is to say about it?

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:09:38 PM
(OOC: You can tell me out loud, we won't get into projective telepathy until later... just describe what you feel about it.)

:]

Arriana Daynon
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:55:55 PM
Arriana tried what her Master suggested. She wouldn’t focus so much on trying to see the rock so as to give her images; she’d just let it flow through her mind. It seemed simple enough, but she still professedly struggled with her own recollection. She had seen what the rock looked like when Ryla set it down and she couldn’t get the figure out of her head. Sighing she opened her eyes. “Master…I can’t get it. I’ve seen the rock with my own eyes. My mind just tries tricking me into believing I’m sensing it when really I’m just remembering what it looked like from before.” It was frustrating her to no end not being able to perform this task after she had done it without any form of concentration at home.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:36:44 AM
They were both trying so hard to do it, and I sighed in their shared frustration. "Arriana, Dios, you're focusing too hard. Simply relax, pour your feelings into the force around you and let it tell you what you feel."

Dios Kane
Jul 28th, 2002, 04:45:24 PM
:: Dios looked at her, this seemed like one of those riddles where you think so hard about it and then find out how simple it is. He knew how to relax, but pouring his feelings was gonna be hard. At least he thoiught so. He relaxed and tried to "pour" his feelings into it. He'd figure he'd have to give it a minute for it to work. He tried to forget what the rock looked like. He wanted to see it with the force. Not his eyes.::

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:30:51 PM
At once I could feel him relaxing, and gently reached out a tendril of my thoughts to his, smoothly enough so as not to be noticed. My mind confirmed what my eyes suspected... he was finally getting it, and so I withdrew and awaited his response.

Dios Kane
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:04:35 AM
:: He took his minute to relax then let the force around him open up again. He wouldn't try so hard to focus on the rock but sense it as part of his surroundings. He could sense it there, but he tried to stay open, focusing totally on it might lose the whole deal. He took a deep breath and said to his master.::
uhhh... I think i got it.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:03:07 PM
"Yes, you are quite correct." I smiled in excitement... it was always the ones that took longer that were more rewarding when their goal was finally reached. "Now, can you make it move?" I thought I might be pushing him too far, but reasoned that there was no growth without struggle.

Dios Kane
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:58:28 PM
:: Dios sighed. Making it move... He'd figured that one out in the bar with Xazor... hehe. He knew it barely, and it took a lot out of him the first time. This would be hard since he had worked so hard just to see the rock, now he had to move it. He relaxed again... that was how he'd done it before with seeing, he'd just have to repeat the process. He sat back and tried to just let it flow first.::

Arriana Daynon
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:13:34 AM
Arriana had been sitting there just starring at the rock as Dios and their Master conversed and moved on in the lesson. Her mouth curled up in a childish frown. This was much more complicated then she had ever thought. She turned her blue gaze away from the pebble to look at Ryla and Dios. “Master? …I don’t think I can get it.”

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:23:21 PM
I let Dios work on his own practice and looked at Arriana, who had been sitting quietly to my side. I pulled out another small stone from my belt pouch and gave it to her. "Here, like this, let it set on your palm. Now, you can feel this stone pressing down on your hand, feel a slight weight on your skin, right?"

Dios Kane
Aug 16th, 2002, 07:20:47 PM
:: Dios tried again but as he did the rock seemed to come slowly closer to him, he smiled until all the sudden it flew incredibly fast and hit him in the forehead. He fell backwards with a smile but he quickly regained his composure and placed the rock in front of him and tried again.::

Arriana Daynon
Aug 20th, 2002, 12:43:47 PM
As the stone was placed gently in her hand, Arriana squeezed it a moment, letting the cool smooth surface meet with her flesh. She unclenched her fist, lifting the hand so that it sat perfectly horizontal with the floor and almost eye level. Quickly glancing to Ryla she nodded before looking again to the stone.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:12:53 PM
"Now, can you feel the force around the stone... in-between your skin and the surface of the stone? Can you feel the energy that binds it to your hand?"