PDA

View Full Version : Mr Deeds

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:19:45 PM
I don't know if I could :P have to say though I have been really good at picking the #1 movie, have gotten that right 3 times not sure about this week yet, I am certain Mr Deeds will be #1 but am not sure how much it will make.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:22:07 PM
I've heard its hilarious from a friend who saw a sneak. And he liked it a lot. So I'm gonna guess high.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:26:02 PM
I think it will do less than Big Daddy and more than Little Nicky so I would say it could do anywhere between 35-45.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:59:43 PM
I was thinking 35ish. We won't know for a week.

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:38:03 AM
I for one am a little bored of Adam Sandler characters/movies, so I don't hold out much hope for this one either. Maybe 30M tops. I haven't really found one of them funny since Big Daddy, which made me laugh a couple times at most.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:14:20 PM
Has he made any movies since Big Daddy other than Little Nicky? Of course that film was terrible which might explain why he waited so long to do make another one.

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:57:09 PM
That's where I got my theory that people were sick of him. Little Nicky was a typical Sandler movie, but no one found it funny. If anything, the gap between movies should be an indication of whether or not Sandler movies are finished or not.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:17:40 PM
Apparently this is nothing like most Sandler films. Which is bad, as that's what his fans go for :)

Admiral Lebron
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:27:04 PM
It's a remake of that old movie. Mr. Deeds goes to town I think it was. I'd like to see a mix of his normal stuff but with some different comedy. He's funny but you can only take him in small doses.

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:29:03 PM
I can handle Happy Gilmore in large and frequent doses. But the rest of them I can only have small amounts of, or I get more kidney stones.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:37:30 PM
Wedding Singer, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison were great. Not seen any others :)

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:59:40 PM
I enjoyed Big Daddy more than The Wedding Singer or Billy Madison.

JonathanLB
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:45:09 PM
Haha, dude Billy Madison is classic, it's way better than Big Daddy. However, I did really enjoy Big Daddy...

I only didn't like two of his movies. The Waterboy is pretty unbearable, seen it about 2 and a half times now. Actually, twice in theaters, and the half-time was from my trip to Hawaii just last week and I caught the last half with my sister. We both were mocking it because it's SO idiotic. The first time I saw it, I kinda liked it. I think I gave it 3 stars. The next time I dropped it to 2 stars because it just has no repeat value. The third time, uhh, I think it's about a 1 star film... lol.

I actually didn't see Little Nicky, but you know... there really ARE movies that you know suck before you see them. I'm VERY good at telling a stinker before I see it, and that was a stinker. I don't know anyone who liked that movie. My sister saw it and said it is HORRIBLE.

I don't exactly know what you mean by Mr. Deeds not being his normal type of comedy. I'm sorry, but you are quite wrong there! Did you see the trailers? What happens in Billy Maddison? He is a fairly, uhh, challenged individual who has to overcome his idiocy and whatnot. In Happy Gilmore, he is another ordinary guy who strikes it big. The same theme here. Ordinary guy who happens to strike it big. It's the exact same formula that has made all of the other great Sandler films work. I realize, though, that this one is based on another movie that came out earlier. Still, that's why they picked it for Sandler, I think, it's perfect for him.

This movie is going to be good. It'll be a solid 3 star film, maybe even 3.5. I'm looking forward to it.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:52:02 PM
Oh yeah, saw the Waterboy. That had some funnies, like when FOnzie starts singing water sucks :)

And its apparently different because Sandler comes across as a nice person :)

JonathanLB
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:56:12 PM
Yeah there are some funny parts but it's way more stupid than it is funny.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:59:51 PM
And? :)

"YOU CAN DO EEET!"

:)

Admiral Lebron
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:16:21 PM
Thats great. "You can do eet!"

The assistant coach..farmer john(?).

JonathanLB
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:23:53 PM
Yes, the You Can Do It guy is in every one of his movies, lol, and of course his own, The Animal. :)

Rob S...something I can't spell it? Is that his name?

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:26:28 PM
Rob Schneider, or as we called him at school, "The you can do eet guy". In our folklore with Steve Buscemi :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:05:59 PM
Buscemi has been in almost all of his movies, I know he was in Big Daddy, Billy Madison and The Wedding Singer, he was hilarious in the Wedding Singer. I think he is in Mr Deeds. As far as the movie, it has its possibilities, I am also curious what the reaction will be to Miss Ryder with her current legal troubles.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:26:22 AM
Shoplifters are evil! :shootin

This outburst has been brought to you by your resident retail store manager. Now, back to your regularly scheduled Boxoffice tirades! :D

JMK
Jun 26th, 2002, 09:04:07 AM
Do you hate Ryder in the same way you hate poor Denise Richards? ;)