PDA

View Full Version : Minority Report.. majorly flawed?

Ilyn Pyke
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:16:24 AM
I found some flaws in the movie's integrity. Such as when Director Burgess set up female Precogs mother to murdered. Obviously this heroin addict he hired to do the deed would not have had his name identified by the machine because he was not the mother's true killer. Director Burgess was! How did Burgess (Max Von Sydow) escape his name not being identified?

Another is Anderton's eyes. How come the Pre-Crime unit did not remove his security clearance or even set up security parameters? Nope he waltzes right in the backdoor literally using his disembodied eyeballs and not only that but his wife also does? Freeing him nonetheless... lmao!

CMJ
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:16:56 AM
The second observation bothered me too.

As for the first...the guy was GOING to kill Agatha's mother. Burgess hired him. So the Pre-Cogs had the vision correct. No doubt Burgess watched on the big screen how it was GONNA play out and then waltzed out ther to do it in that fashion.

The Pre-Cogs probably saw the new version of the murder when the hired hand got arrested. Their vision would then be seen as an echo...so they would have been ignored before the balls were even allowed to be made.

Sanis Prent
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:44:20 AM
I agree with CMJ's thoughts on the matter. The guy he hired WAS going to kill her.

As for the eye thing...that bugged me too lol! Then again, I've been able to use my access codes from places of employment, even after quitting :)

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:35:38 AM
Well the eye thing bugged me..only because it was GROSS!

:)

CMJ
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:56:28 AM
Good call Sanis...I remember I clocked in to one former job for like 10 minutes and even got a check in the mail...all after I'd quit ;)

Ilyn Pyke
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:27:41 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
As for the eye thing...that bugged me too lol! Then again, I've been able to use my access codes from places of employment, even after quitting :)

Yes, but Anderton was a suspected murderer on the loose. Any law enforcement dectective or FBI agent worth his badge would have never overlooked that!