PDA

View Full Version : Of the Earth

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:45:06 AM
Kemille sighed quietly, sitting at one of the tables at Yog's. A thick book was infront of her and she kept turning each page, skimming for information. Most of the other books she had brought were aged and written in the old tongue, so they sat in a pile next to her chair. A grin slowly creapt on her face as she flipped to the next page, finding what she needed. It was a picture of a "Dark Elf", leading into the chapter of their history and other related things. Turning the page, she picked up her pen and began writing in her notepad. She needed to find out more about Dark Elves and their way of life so she could defeat her cousin, Seris.

Seris was a Dark Elf and had betrayed the Eldervines, killing her mother and then came after Kemille's father. Luckily, he was skilled in the Traditions and had escaped with his life. Each day, Seris was coming stronger, and now she was coming after Kemille.

Hours passed and finally her notepad was filled with useful information. Slamming the book shut, she stretched out and looked around curiously. She wasn't used to being around so many people - especially of different races. Were there any other elves here?

Beep.

Startled, Kemille looked down and saw a droid peering up at her.

"Oh," she breathed, laughing silently at herself. "Honey tea, warm please."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:36:25 AM
:: Dios had noticed the woman with the books and he had seen the language in them before, a very long time ago.::
Hello, I think i've seen one of those before. They weren't too nice though.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:50:10 AM
Kemille nodded slightly, strands of silverish-blue hair falling infront of her face. Brushing them away lightly with the back of her hand, she glanced up at the man with her dark blue eyes.

"You've seen one? Where?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:31:29 AM
The Jedi Knight sat at a table in the bar and grill, his eyes firmly set upon the blue skinned woman who'd been sitting reading for some time. To many he appeared to have the qualities of what the majority termed as 'elves', and he sensed she too was of this species. He would not say anything though; he did not want to interupt her conversation with Dios, so instead held a silent vigil.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:12:41 AM
Thea walked into the bar, quietly. She didn't feel like talking to anyone about anything. Then, her eye caught something. Sitting at the bar was a elf, with silvery blue hair. She had to be a dark elf. What was she doing here anyways? She silently walked over to a droid and murmered something. She couldn't keep her eyes off her. There was something about her that she just didn't like. She bit her lip and looked around the bar, waiting for her drink to come.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:19:55 AM
As Kemille spoke to the man, she could sense another pair of eyes resting upon her. Casting her eyes in his direction, she expected to see a drunken patron who wanted "business". What she saw instead was a man who intrigued her. He appeared Elven, which left her wondering how many others they were. Sighing slightly, she diverted her attention back to the one who claimed to see a Dark Elf, and began to feel uneasy. She felt as if somebody else was spying on her, but shrugged it off. After all, she knew how to take care of herself.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:31:03 AM
Thea became annoyed. She had to say something to her, but what? She looked at her drink and took a long, refreshing sip. She wrinkled her face. Never, ever, trust droids. Her drink was disguisting. She pushed it aside, and for the first time noticed something. That elf had several books with her. She just had to do something. Hatred burned inside her. Rage grew. She breathed hard. Before she could stop herself, she found herself on her feet walking over to the elf. Before the "monster" could say anything, Thea delivered a swift blow to her head. The elf fell on the floor, and the whole bar grew silent. She could feel eyes on her back, and she heard the rustle of feet moving, and voices yelling. This was perfect. Finally, a little action.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:36:00 AM
Dasquian could feel a sense of anger rising then suddenly it happened. THe Knight leapt to his feet and darted behind the grey-haired woman. In the blink of an eye he yanked her arm backwards, locking it in a hold so that she could not move.

"What exactly do you think you are doing, miss?"

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:41:08 AM
The blow had been unexpected. When she saw the woman walking towards, Kemille had thought she wanted friendly conversation. The woman's actions, however, proved her thoughts wrong. As soon as she hit the ground, Kemille rolled over on her back and flipped up to her feet. She saw the man who had caught her eye earlier disable the woman, and reached up to gingerly feel her lip. It was split, and she could feel her own blood on her fingers. Grimacing, she glared at the woman. What had caused her to attack for no reason? Knowing that an explanation would come soon, Kemille remained silent.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:46:05 AM
She turned to the person who had stopped her. She smiled devishly. She turned again to the elf, who seemed to be waiting, blood dripping from her lip. Smile turning into a satisfied smirk, she turned her head to look back at Dasquian, who seemed rather angry.

"Why does it matter to you, this is my business..." she said. "Let me finish it..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:47:51 AM
"I would advise that you stop immeadiately, or else you might find your life in great danger. Though you may not be able to see them, there are large men with even larger guns posted all around this bar..."

As the elven Jedi spoke, his words told of no emotion, yet seemed commanded.

"We do not tolerate violence here. Take your grievances elsewhere, or else you will be dealt with accordingly."

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:48:14 AM
This comment caused Kemille to arch an eyebrow questioningly.

"Who are you?" She managed to get out, despite the pain in her lip.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:57:21 AM
Thea was suprised that anyone would ask such a foolish question in a crisis like this. She didn't even try to get free of the tight grasp Dasquian had on her. She turned her head to Kemille and laughed.

"It doesn't matter, but if it'll make you happy, it's Thea."

She turned her head back to Dasquian and looked him straight in the eyes. His eyes had the same anger and rage that hers had. She swallowed. Why was he being so protective of her? She breathed harder as he tightened his grip on her. Her eyes wandered around him. She was looking for a way out.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:00:07 PM
To a Jedi, the thoughts of the woman - Thea - were clear.

"The only way out here is for you to cease your agressive actions. You are lucky that the NRSF didn't throw you out immeadiately," he said primly.

"If you will apologize to this Lady here, and not act in such a way again - however - I am sure you will be pardoned."

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:11:51 PM
Thea looked into his hatred filled eyes. He would never understand, not that it was any of his business.

"I will never apologize for that." she said, her voice trembling softly. "And not even someone as strong as you can make me. Kill me if you want, it won't do any good. My life has been meaningless for years...If it helps I'll leave this filthy bar."

As she spoke and looked into his eyes, something caught Dasquian's eyes. Her scars became visible beneath her silvery hair. She saw his eyes wandering over to her cheek. Had he seen? She had tried to cover her past up with lies, but something was different about his stare. It was still angry, but now confused. He...He had seen...

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:12:26 PM
Thea. The words echoed in her mind as Kemille's memory triggered. Hadn't Seris boasted about giving her admirer's lover scars that would haunt her for life?

Thea was the victim. And she thought Kemille was responsible in a strange way.

"It was Seris, wasn't it?" She asked.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:15:31 PM
"I do not hate you, Thea, know that. I am merely defending this lady here against attack,"

His voice trailed off as the blue-skinned woman showed some recognition of the other. Still though, he kept a hold on her arm so that she would not lash out again.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:23:34 PM
She looked desperately over to the elf. That name. That name! Hatred swarmed through her like venom. She suddenly whipped her arm away from Dasquian. He, in response, gave her a suprised look.
Thea turned her head over to the elf.

"Never, EVER say that name in front of me again!" she yelled.

Her scream of rage filled the entire bar. She quickly raced over to Kamille, shoving her to the ground. She just wanted revenge...After all these years. She began attacking Kemille with everything she had...

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:25:41 PM
The woman was insane. Obviously Seris had performed some other types of demented torture onto the poor soul. Again, she had hit the ground, but Thea wasn't going to get away with it this time. Kicking out her foot, she hit Thea's knee, making her stumble back. Giving the opportunity to rise, she did so, then grabbed the woman's hair and stared into her face.

"Your revenge with Seris has nothing to do with me. I suggest you take your hate-filled heart somewhere else. Who knows, you might see her again."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:29:08 PM
In an instant there was a deep crackle in the bar, and eyes became fixed on the Jedi Knight who now stood with a lightsaber ignited in his hands.

"Stand down, both of you," he barked.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:31:52 PM
With a look of disgust, she let go of Thea. It wasn't like she was going to harm the woman, anyways. Sighing slightly, she wiped her split lip again with her fingertips - all the talking had caused it to open slightly more.

Thea Loranis
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:37:47 PM
Thea swiftly turned her head over to the Jedi. She stopped dead. She knew it was no good trying to fight a Jedi. She could feel blood dripping down from somewhere on her body, but that was the least of her worries right now. She hadn't got the revenge she wanted, but it was better than nothing. Her eyes wandered around the bar, from Dasquian, to Kemille, back to Dasquin. She stared at the lightsaber. She knew she'd better back off now before she got into trouble.

"Fine then, I'll leave..." she gave Dasquian one last smirk and walked slowly to the door. She turned her head to him, murmered something, and left, slamming the door behind her.:angel

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:40:53 PM
He nodded firmly and span the saber back into a clip at his waste, cutting off the beam sharply. Then, turning to Kemille, he frowned somewhat.

"What was that all about?"

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:41:07 PM
"Well, that was ... interesting," she murmured more to herself than anyone else, watching Thea leave. Looking at Dasqiuan, she paused, uncertain what to say.

"Well .. Sersi, my cousin, wasn't exactly very nice to her."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:47:11 PM
He folded his arms over his chest, and nodded somewhat.

"And so she takes out her anger on you?"

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:49:22 PM
"Apparantly so."

She didn't see the logic in Thea's actions either, but kept it to herself.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:58:11 PM
He shook his head slightly.

"How unusual."

He paused.

"Are you alright? Do you need any medical attention?"

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:07:10 PM
:: Dios having left for a moment coma back to see the area in a moment of chaos::
Dasquian, what happened? Are you alright miss? Is there anything i can do? I can't belive i missed it...

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:17:01 PM
"No, I'm fine. I'll just put some ice on my lip."

Kemille glanced over to the table of which she had been occupying and noticed that her pile of books had been knocked over. A slight pout appeared on her face as she groaned. Hoping that none were damaged or ruined, she bent down and began to gather them in her arms.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:20:15 PM
Turning to Dios, he spoke first:

"Just a little disturbance, nothing to be too worried about."

Then, back to Kemille, he knelt and scooped up some of the books for her, handing them to her.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:22:07 PM
:: Dios kneeled and quickly and carefully put the books in neat columns. He had dealed with books like these before... a very long time ago.::
You sure you're okay? So, why so interested in dark elves and such?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:36:13 PM
Taking the books Dasquian handed her, she set them on the table, watching as Dios arranged them neatly. "Thank you," she whispered softly to both of them. Brushing off some dirt that covered one book, she looked at Dios.

"... My cousin is a Dark Elf."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:43:30 PM
"Elves," Dasquian remarked with a soft laugh.

As he said this, he grinned somewhat, catching a glance at his point-tipped ears.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:46:00 PM
"Which reminds me," said Kemille with a slight smile. "I've never seen an Elf with fair skin such as yourself."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:47:01 PM
"Oh.. well, I'm not sure that I'm an elf really," he said, noticably turning a light shade of pink in his cheeks.

"I think I just look like one."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:47:02 PM
:: Dios thought about it for a minute::
I drank with some elves a while back, great race, drink for hours. But those dark elves, no offense or anything, they're a bad bunch they are. Never up to good and sithspawn if i ever saw them again. How could someone so pretty as you have a cousin so mean?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:57:25 PM
Remaining silent after Dasquian's comment, she studied his features once more. He not only looked like one, but his aura somewhat hinted at it, too. Frowning a bit, she looked away at Dios.

"The drive for power. She feeds off of fear and pain ..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:58:20 PM
Noting the arising conversation between Dios and Kemille, he nodded.

"I'll leave you two back to your conversation then," he said before turning and heading back to his table.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:03:31 PM
"Ready to leave so soon?"

There was a rueful tone to her voice, but she smiled anyways.

"I just feel like I'm in debt to you ... Is there anything I can do?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:04:46 PM
"No, no. I was just helping out, no thanks required," Dasquian said, turning back to smile somewhat before sitting back down at his table, taking up his drink in his hand.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:07:20 PM
:: Dios smiled as Dasquian sat down, this guy had to have some elven blue blood in him. It was obvious the way he walked::
Are you elven kin Dasquian?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:09:20 PM
Looking down, he chuckled softly.

"I do not know, Dios, perhaps I am."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:11:13 PM
:: Dios knew elves for riddles but he wouldn't go any further on the subject::
So, Kemille, why'd you join the order?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:26:34 PM
Smirking a bit at Dios's remarks to Dasquian, she pulled out a chair from her table and sat down.

"Actually, I'm not a Jedi yet. I'm applying for membership right now."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:29:28 PM
Well good luck, I hope you make it. This is a job I would never turn down. I can't believe I turned away from it before. But that's another story. I'm surprised, elves in my time shunned the lesser human's places. How long have they been so open with the humans?
:: Dios watched her as he took a swallow of his drink::

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:38:21 PM
Here Kemille chuckled nervously, averting his gaze.

"Well, um .. We're still very antisocial ..."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:07:35 PM
:: Dios looked down for a minute but then back up::
Darn, elven women came out of legend and many others would get jealous when they visited towns. Husbands were locked up in their houses whenever the elves stayed at taverns. Not my way to live, i was in the taverns myself usually. Though i was very serious back then and thought that such things were silly nonsense. So how old are you?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:18:58 PM
"I see you keep up on your history."

It was quite obvious that she was amused, but she tried to hide it.

"Which type of 'years' are we referring to? The standard human years?"

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:25:46 PM
Sure, human years, why not.
:: Dios didn't live by human years but he kept track with em so it's work out anyways.::

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:30:37 PM
"Twenty four years of age."

Of course, back home, she was still considered a mere child.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:43:32 PM
:: Dios choked. Then started laughing::
You're still a babe? They would never have let you go in my time. They would've said not until 300 because you had to learn the pure and light before you learned the dark, there weren't many darklings in my time.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:49:57 PM
His words pained her a little, even though she knew he meant it in good spirits.

"Nobody could stop me from leaving .. because nobody was there."

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:56:40 PM
:: Dios sunk his head and immediatly dropped his head::
I know the feeling, excuse what I said... My sorrows go with you. My life used to be built on executing the man who killed my family and home town. I was blinded by the dark side and pursued him through time. I arrived only to find he had repented. I couldn't believe it but eventually I had to accept the truth. I haven't seen Earth for many millineums. Life has passed me on until i arrived here.
:: Dios left his head on the table, he couldn't bear to look the elf in the eye.::

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:55:25 PM
"It is your fate, Dios. Maybe you won't understand why things happen the way they do, but in time you will."

Sighing slightly, she waved over a droid.

"If you could bring some ice, it would be appreciated," she told the mechanical being.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:01:21 PM
:: Dios looked up and laughed when she said fate::
We, all in time, will know each other's fate. You have much to learn as do I about fate. How is Urth right now?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:11:08 PM
[OOC: I'm assuming that when you said "Urth" you meant Earth. If I'm wrong, please tell correct me and I'll edit. ^^;]

"Earth is slowly becoming a corrupt planet. Mankind's greed for land and technology is destroying the very root of civilization."

Here the droid came back with the ice, holding it out on a tray. It had presumed that it was for her split lip, so it had also brought along a cloth. Reaching into her pocket, Kemille tossed a few credits into its tray and watched as it left. Glancing at Dios, she waited for his reaction while wrapping the ice up and pressing it against her blue lips.

Dios Kane
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:42:18 PM
(ooc: Dios is from a long time ago and his old accent kicks in rarely but he holds his blessed speech for what he remembers of his "Urth.")

:: Dios sat back and looked at his glass for a minute. He wasn't sure what to say. A lot of the time he had depended on his vision of Earth as a ray of hope, with all of these Sith, Earth had to still be somewhat sacred right? Obviously not. He swallowed the rest of the drink and spoke::
I'm sorry to hear that. I hold my time and it's places very dear to me and to hear of such places being destroyed... That cuts me deep. I grieve for the Urth. Blessed ground. And to think, the idea of space travel wouldn't even be thought up for so long, the stars were untouchable in my time.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:22:15 PM
Kemille frowned slightly, assuming from his speech he held Earth in high regards.

"Please, do not get me wrong. The planet is still beautiful in Its Creation. It is man's progression that is the Otherkins' concern."

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:32:48 PM
:: Dios brightened at what she said and he thought about it for a moment. He would have to make a visit sometime. But for now he would enjoy company with the person in front of him.::
Well, what happened to your family? If you don't mind me asking?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:40:55 PM
"Sersi."

A look of disgust and loathing filled her face as she muttered the name.

"She was the only child, and then her father died. It drove her to the Darkness and she killed her mother, but she had gotten a taste of carange and she relished it. It was only sensible that she would come after my family, being that she hated me. She killed my younger brother ... He was only four."

Taking in a deep, shaky breath, Kemille continued. "Father fled and Mother was out of town. I was all alone."

Dios Kane
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:43:00 PM
:: Dios listened to her tale and realized it had a similar ring to his but only about the alone part and no family.::
So are your parents okay?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:01:44 PM
She shrugged.

"Maybe."

The clock on the side of the wall caught her attention and Kemille glanced at the time. "I didn't realize it was so late," she said.

Dios Kane
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:34:29 PM
:: Dios looked at her for a minute::
Do you have to go?

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:37:17 PM
She shrugged.

"No, not really," Kemille said as she winced. "Although this lip is killing me."

Dios Kane
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:51:30 PM
:: Dios pulled out his handkerchief and spit on it. He handed the cloth to her::
Dab that on your lip, trust me. It's totally sanitary. You heard of the old tales of holy water. I'm one of the blessed, and my bodily fluids are almost pure holy water. It should heal fast.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:59:28 PM
She glanced at the handkerchief, slightly surprised and disgusted at the same time. Laughing, she took it and raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I think I'll pass ... I know some herb remedies that will heal it, I just don't feel like getting them out right now." She paused, giving him back the handkerchief. Then, as if thinking of something, she added a remark with a wink.

"Not that I don't believe your saliva is holy."

Dios Kane
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:08:27 PM
:: He laughed, she didn't believe him! Oh well, she wasn't the first.::
Sure, that's okay.

Kemille Eldervine
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:20:20 PM
Sighing just a bit, she said nothing.

Dios Kane
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:30:10 PM
:: Dios cut his skin with a fork and instead of red blood coming out a silverish red liquid flowed out quickly but dried up even faster. The wound had closed as quickly as Dios had cut it. All that was left was a scar and a little dried blood.::
Sigh all you want, it would've helped...

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:37:21 PM
"I really should be going ..."

She stood up, gathering her books and clutching them to her chest.

"Thank you for your company. It was most appreciated."

Dios Kane
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:00:18 AM
:: Dios smiled as she got up::
Nice talkin to ya, hope you do okay. But I gotta question... About this Sersi? Will she come after you?

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:50:29 PM
"Yes."

Forcing a smile on her face, Kemille started to walk out.

Dios Kane
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:18:19 PM
:: Dios thought about it for a moment. She was bad at faking a smile. She was pretty but when she did that she looked very sad. Sersi... revenge... he'd been in that business before. Not a good one that. Dios got up and left for Rama's. Wonderful place that, always seem to find the right people there.::