PDA

View Full Version : Qui-gon info

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:17:44 PM
I saw this on theforce.net

STARLOG: And isn’t that Qui-Gon Jinn’s [Liam Neeson] voice we hear during Anakin’s attack on the Tusken Raiders who killed Shmi Skywalker [Pernilla August]?
LUCAS: That’s a fan thing, isn’t it? It’s actually more than that. It’s a plot point. All I can really say is that you’ll find out [more] in the next film. If you thought really hard, you would probably be able to figure it out, but it really is a set-up for the next film. It’s connected with the whole ability to be brought into and become a part of the Force, but still be able to retain YOUR ability – which, up to this point, Anakin couldn’t do. We talked to Liam about [recording new dialogue], and we went back and forth [about it]. This [dialogue] is something we already had [from Menace]. Next time will be a little more complicated.

So I guess that means that Qui-Gon will appear in EP 3 I think Lucas just didn't want to come out and say it though.

Doc Milo
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:29:50 PM
But it sounds to me as if they're just going to "record dialogue." He didn't say anything about filming new scenes. I think we may only hear Qui-Gon's voice...

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:25:27 AM
I think he meant new dialogue for AOTC, for EP 3 he said it would take more than just taking lines from TPM, which could really mean anything. I am still hoping that we see Qui-Gon in spirt form that would be very neat.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:43:56 AM
Isnt this Spoilers?

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:43:20 AM
Speculation.

Jedieb
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:32:46 AM
Maybe it's a level of degrees. If you die with only a certain amount of preparation you can only come back with your voice. If you can prepare yourself the way Obi-Wan and Yoda did then your body can come back as well. But then Anakin at the end of ROTJ kind of throws a kink into the whole thing. I think the need to have a "happy" ending outweighed the logic of the situation. If you think about it, you can't explain why Anakin was able to attain spirit form unless you create some kind of extravagent loophole for him. I mean in ANH Obi-Wan makes it seem as if Anakin has NO idea about how Obi-Wan will change if he strikes him down.

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:45:16 AM
Yes but he saw him dissapear, at that point he probly figured it out for himself

JMK
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:00:58 AM
Yeah, whatever trick Obi Wan learns, whether it be before, during or after Episode 3, he does it without Anakin's knowledge. Once again, uncle George has some explaining to do!

Doc Milo
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:59:18 AM
I read that quote as saying it will be more complex because they can't just use TPM dialogue for the next episode. They will need him to come back and record dialogue.

I don't think we'll see him in spirit form, personally. I think, because his body didn't fade away, the most he'll be able to do is speak from beyond the grave. I think Yoda will then learn the trick to be able to come back as a spirit, and teach it to Obi-Wan, who might in turn teach it to Anakin.

Then, when Anakin becomes Vader, he puts what Anakin learned behind him, maybe doubting that this trick can be done at all, so when Obi-Wan disappears in ANH, he is dumbfounded, but later on realizes what happened -- which is why he says to Luke, "Obi-Wan has taught you well." He probably thinks Obi-Wan was able to come back and teach Luke all he knows from beyond the grave! This explains why all three can appear as spirits at the end of the movie -- it's something they all learned how to do...

I also think that, perhaps, Yoda will teach this trick to Mace and Ki-Adi Mundi, and that when Obi-Wan delivers Luke to Owen at the end of RotJ, the last scene might be of Mace and Ki watching over Obi-Wan in spirit form, with looks of despair on their faces (to parallel the ending of RotJ, somewhat...)

Of course, they could always reverse course and claim that Anakin never disappeared. Bring Qui-Gon back in spirit form, and claim that the burning of the body is integral to coming back as a spirit, if the body doesn't disappear....

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:30:13 PM
I personally don't believe that Anakin disapeared what I think happened there is that Obi-Wan and Yoda brought his spirt back to show Luke that everything was okay, if you watch you see his spirt last. As far as Qui-Gon I really have no idea I guess we will have to wait 3 years to find out.

Doc Milo
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:58:04 PM
According to an "Ask the Jedi Council" question, it states that Anakin did, indeed, disappear... I'll try and locate it. But I think it was really early on, and the question, I believe, was "Why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear after he died?"

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:31:17 PM
Well it was Sansweet who answered and I just don't believe, I am sorry we don't see it and its not in the novel so to me it just didn't happen. I also can't believe that Luke would have took the time to drag his father's armor abord the ship when it was close to blowing up and then burn it when it would have been destroyed anyway. I think my explanation works better but that is just my opinion.