PDA

View Full Version : Anduril - Forging Alignment

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:31:51 PM
The Greater Jedi Order Academy is home to many training rooms, all of which are fairly generic in their appearance. Each is square and lined with wood paneling, with a simple beige rug on the floor. Slatted windows are in place on the back walls, which look out onto the grassy terrain which surrounds the complex. On the walls, and in cabinets and trunks which are littered about the rooms, are a variety of training aids which anyone could call to hand.

Today 'anyone' would be Dasquian, who knelt on the mat in the center of the room with his eyes closed. His apprentice Anduril was set to arrive for their training session soon, and he was anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Anduri1
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:26:49 PM
Anduril walks into the room in which Dasquian was kneeling. Nodding in greeting he said:

"Greetings. I saw my name on a sign in the door. Do you wish to speak with me?"

He asked. With a quissical look in his face.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:30:26 PM
"Ah, Anduril,"

The Knight rose up to his fight and bowed lightly.

"I have been assigned to teach you," Dasquian said with a smile, "You are now under my apprenticeship."

Anduri1
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:46:59 PM
Anduril cocks his head to one side slightly.

"Ah, have you indeed? Who was it that assigned you if you don't mind me asking? Was it Xazor? Also, what type of apprenticeship of yours am I under exactly? I like to know these things."

Anduril smiles lightly at his new master.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:12:01 PM
"I was assigned to you by Lady Xazor, that is correct," he said, a wide smile edging onto his lips.

"As for what type of apprentice you are, that is all up to you. I am here purely to instruct you in the way's of the light; in the end it is you who will decide what to learn."

Anduri1
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:32:24 PM
Anduril smiling bows to his new Master.

"Well, now that we have been aquainted, what is it that we do now?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:35:17 PM
"I would like for you to tell me about yourself, and your past, Anduril. Any skills that you may already have, I would like to know about them also,"

He paused.

"This will give me a good idea of how to go about with your training."

Anduri1
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:58:20 PM
Anduril looked down sadly for a moment but recovered slightly.

"I was born into a very isolated family in a system named Trinity. Mine was a small family, and very isolated. The planet I was living on was deeply forested and was not one of the safest places in the galaxy. There isn't much to tell about my time there actually. It was mainly peaceful, apart from a few unfortunate situations with the Garou tribes that were settled around our home. For that reason my father taught me the art of the lightsabre. I left Trinity and went to Coruscant at the age of 13. That was about two years ago. Encountering a few Jedi on my travels, I grew in awe of them and decided to come here a few months ago.

I met with Master Xazor here firstly and joined her class. There I learned to meditate as well as the lifting of object with the force. Other than that I am untrained. I have also been in many spars with the lightsabre to again achieve my previous skill that I had on Trinity.

I also have the ability to read the emotions of many different minds at once, regardless of distance. Finally, I have a strange gift, if it is a gift. It is not somehting I am comfortable about, however; I have been told, that I have the ability to see into the future. I can only see random images, and cannot act upon them until they have happened. For this reason, it is something I use seldom."

Anduril smiles brething in deeply.

"Well! That is my life story! What did you make of it?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:59:22 AM
The Jedi Knight took a moment to think, his eyes turning to the ground before rising back to his Padawan. He gave a nod.

"Most interesting. It is good that you have already begun to train and learn through the force classes ... perhaps we should begin with a physical demonstration of what you can already do?"

Rising to his feet, he turned and gathered up some rocks - of a great range of sizes - and set them down on the training mat. The first was a pebble, and the second larger, and continuing on through a set of five stones; with the final a fairly large boulder.

"Try and lift each off the ground, just using the Force. Start off with the smallest and work your way up ... try not to exert yourself too much, I just want to see how far you have progressed."

Anduri1
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:16:33 AM
Anduril looked at the stones displayed before him. He then stood completely still and closed his eyes. Standing for about thirty seconds he cleared his mind of all the things that had happened to him that day and he visualized the light in the darkness that Master Xazor had instructed him to grasp in the Force Class. Grabbing that light and holding it tightly he waited for a few seconds before opening his eyes.

When he did he saw the rocks in a line before him. Moving his fingers slightly he moved the smallest rock up in the air a few inches and placed it on the boulder. Pausing for a few seconds he let it balance there and he looked at the second stone. It moved up and to the side, balancing itself on the small rock: which was still balancing on the boulder. Doing this with all the rocks he had a tower of rocks about 3 feet high. Then, closing his eyes he brought both his hands down and lifted them slowly.

Slowly but surely, the boulder, with all the other rocks on top started to wobble and then lifted all five up at once. But suddenly, one of the ones in the middle started to wobble, Anduril jest managed to set the boulder on the ground again before the whole pile collapsed.

He sighed.

"Sorry Master. I guess it was a little to large for me. I need some more training I guess."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:24:44 AM
"No apology needed, Anduril. I would not have expected you to be able lift the boulder,"

Dasquian paced forward.

"We can easily develop this first, unless you wish to give me a show of what you can do with a saber?" he added with a smirk.

Anduri1
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:28:14 AM
Anduril smiles.

"Hmmm, I don't know. I have already had extensive training with the lightsabre, beign taught by my father. So, I think I would like to try the rocks if you think that best?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:34:26 AM
"Very well,"

Dasquian moved to the side of the room, sitting atop one of the trunks of items.

"To use the Force you must be aware of everything around you, as Lady Xazor will have told you. I find the best way of focusing on the Force and the use of it is to visual what you are trying to do in your mind."

He gestured to the boulder.

"Take this task for example, I would picture the rock in my mind then imagine it lifting."

Looking to the rocks, Dasquian nodded as a few rearranged themselves on the floor, via his manipulation of them.

Anduri1
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:42:01 AM
Anduril looks that the rocks as they move around the floor.

"Yes, she did say somehting along those lines."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:47:34 AM
"Well then, do you think you could try and do what I just did, using the same technique?"

Dasquian folded his arms over his chest.

Anduri1
Jun 30th, 2002, 06:15:57 AM
Anduril looks at the rocks.

"Very Well."

Looking at the rocks, he closes his eyes, pauses for a few seconds, then opening his eyes again, he watches as all five stones lift, rearrange themselves, then set down on the floor.

"I have a good imagination," he says with a smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:08:43 AM
"Very impressive! That was awfully quick!"

Dasquian walked towards the rocks and hopped up on top of the largest boulder.

"Now try again."

Anduri1
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:30:42 AM
Anduril looked at the blocks in frount of him, carefully. Then he closed his eyes and imagined exactly the same situations in his minds eye.

Then, without opening his eyes he thought of Dasquain on top of the rock, rising from the ground. This was quite easy, he thought. Once you had seen it done it was impossible the disbelieve. It was also easier because he had done a similar thing bafore, and he was sure that Dasquian could balance better than uneven rocks.

Keeping that thought in mind, he opened his eyes, lifted his hands, and watched as his master rose a few feet in the air, with the rock below him.

Then he got very nervous. What If i drop him! He thoguht. Then he saw the rcok wobbling.

"No" he said in a clear voice.

Putting his hand out and closing his eyes, he imagined that the rock had stopped wobbling, slowly getting lower until it touched the floor. And, opening his eyes, he saw that this had happend.

Smiling brightly at Dasquian, he smiled.

"I knew I could do it!" he said.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:40:57 AM
Slipping off of the stone with a soft thud, he nodded.

"Alright. Now let's try with moving targets."

He knelt, lifted up a small pebble ...

"Get ready."

... then threw it full force at Anduril.

Anduri1
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:02:34 PM
Without a blink of an eye Anduril lifted his had with lightning reflexes and the pebble stops in mid air, and for a moment, it looks like it was very long and thin, but it regained its shape once it was stationary in the air. Picking it up out of the air and throwing it back on the floor he looks up at Dasquian and smiles.

"That trick saved me some major laser surgery when my friend Sejah's rock exploded in mid air extremely close to my own face. For some reason, I seem to be able to keep myself protected quite well. Your trick caught me a little by surprise however."

He smiles again.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:26:44 AM
Fishing through another box of various items, he retrieved a sheer black strip of cloth. Approaching Anduril, he knots it around the Padawan's eyes - so that he cannot see anything.

"And again."

He bends down, lifts a rock, then flicks it towards his apprentice.

Anduri1
Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:15:20 PM
Anduril moves both of his hands to catch the rock and grabs it in mid air. Removing his blindfold he says:

"How did I know where the rock was Master? I just seemed to move my hands out of instingt."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:51:12 AM
"That is the Force at work, signalling you that something is coming towards you. It quickens your reactions, so that you can almost predict what is coming."

In the blink of an eye the Jedi swipes his hand out towards the Padawan towards his chest.

Anduri1
Jul 4th, 2002, 12:56:18 PM
Anduril lets go his consious self, and lets his reactions take over. He could almost see Dasquain's hand move but he was faster, he ducked but knew he was going to be hit in the head so he lent back as he ducked. This let him lean back as his masters hand went over him. As it was pulled back he regained a comfortable standing position.

Anduri1
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:33:17 PM
ooc: what do you think of my new sig then? :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:41:42 AM
Dasquian nodded, pleased.

"Alright, now let's move onto your saber.. do you have one?"

Anduri1
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:12:45 PM
Anduril smiles.

"Indeed, I have two!"

With a movement to his waist he brought out his two sabres, Anor in his right hand and Ithil in his left.

"This is Anor, the Light of the Sun. And Ithil, the Light of the Moon," he said.

The blade named Anor was indeed an yellowy orange colour and hummed brightly as Anduril moved it through the air, but Ithil was slightly stange. It was a silvery white colour at first glance, however, as one looked closer, you could see that this was not wholly so. There was some other light there, which flickered around the sabre beam at different different points. It was almost black but when looked at closely, but it was not an absence of light. It had its own colour. For it was the eith colour of the spectrum; Octirion.

"I was fortunate with this blade, for it has a second speck of crystal in it; unknown to me when I bought it. That crystal is made of Octirion, the rarest substance in the galaxy. This blade is the most valuable of all my posessions and I value it more than all things but one."

Anduril's eyes then went slightly sad for a moment. But then returned to their normal, grey light.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:41:59 AM
"I believe it would be best for us to practice with a single saber to begin with. You must first learn to become proficient with a single blade, using both one and two hands, only then can we pass onto duelling using two blades."

He paced a few steps backwards, and drew a hilt from his belt. It was worn looking, and engraven with arcane lettering.

"To use your saber you must see it as an extension of your own body, and move it like a limb. Choose then thiner of your beams and try to mark a pattern on the ground like this..."

Dasquian ignited the brilliant orange beam of his saber and lowered the tip down against the surface beneath him. Slowly but surely, he etched the symbol of the Greater Jedi Order.

Anduri1
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:30:52 AM
Anduril thought for a moment then retracted Anor. Then he switched Ithil to his right hand. Lowing his gague to a thinner blade he lowerd his blade and wrote his name in a signature style onto the ground with carefully joined up letters.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:29:55 AM
Dasquian smiled somewhat. He rose his saber upwards in a fullbody guard.

"Alright, now all I want you to do it mimic what I do so that you parry each strike,"

The Knight swung his saber blade in slowly towards Anduril, at a diagonal.

Anduri1
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:12:06 AM
Anduril brings his sabre up equally slowly at the same diagonal angle and parrys the strike.

"Like this?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:14:47 AM
"Good,"

He grinned and began to pick up the pace, moving the strikes more quickly and unevenly so that Anduril would have to move quicker and with greater foresight.

Anduri1
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:57:03 AM
Anduril easily parrys each of the shots in turn.

"You know, this is much easier with two sabres. I have to concentrate on where I move a little mowe now."

He smiles ruefully.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:24:57 AM
"With one saber you have a better defense system as you are putting much more concentration into the single beam," he said as his blade became binded with Anduril's in a flurry of sparks.

"Two blades can be better on the offense for someone who is well trained with them, but for a novice it is far too risky."

Anduri1
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:44:32 AM
Anduril smiles.

"But I have been well trained with them. My father trained me with dual sabres from the age of 8. I learned to both attack and defend with two sabres. But I'll do what you think is best Master."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:04:19 AM
"You may well have Anduril, but I would rather you perfect one thing first then be adequate with two things," he said as he threw a lunge towards the Padawan's chest

Anduri1
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:33:31 AM
Anduril parryed a downward stroke forcing his masters blade downwards.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:46:59 AM
Dasquian whipped his saber upwards, casting Anduril's off to the side as he did so. Then, with lightning speed, brought the saber in towards the Padawan's left knee.

Anduri1
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:58:29 AM
Anduril moved is empty hand downwards, noted it was empty and sideflipped over his masters blade, bringing him into a defencive position to one side.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2002, 02:41:56 AM
Dasquian ducked downwards sharply whilst Anduril was still within the momentum of his flip and drove the butt of his saber hilt against the Padawan's kneecap before tumbling backwards to his feet.

Anduri1
Jul 19th, 2002, 09:37:33 AM
Anduril grimaced in pain as his kneecap was hit, then, as he had lst his sideflip momentum he set his feel back down onto the ground with his back turned to his master.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:02:43 AM
He sprung backwards and disengaged his saber, motioning for Anduril to do so.

"Pain, you can feel that now. Do you know how to remedy this pain?"

Anduri1
Jul 25th, 2002, 11:50:08 AM
Anduril nodded as his masters sabre retracted and retracted his own. Then turning to face his master he said;

"No, I have not been taught to remedy pain. I have learned resiliance though."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:07:30 AM
"In battle you will not have time to meditate or to calm yourself, you must act quickly. Many Jedi focus their training upon this one topic, healing."

Dasquian gestured for Anduril to sit. He motion for Anduril to uncover his knee. Dasquian held one palm face up outwards and showed a small tiny scar on his skin.

"Through the force, you can knit your wounds together enough so that they will not be a threat during the rest of a battle. Try this now, my apprentice. Visualize in your mind what you are doing, and let the Force flow through you. Do not worry if you cannot accomplish this first time, either, it is a hard task."

Anduri1
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:05:57 PM
Anduril sat down by his master and uncovered his knee. He then held out his hand above it and concentrated on his burn marks closing up. They began very slowly and after about 20 seconds stopped doing anything. The wound still half open, he looked to his master.

"I can't get it to fully heal Master." he said as he looked down in shame.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:58:58 AM
"There is no shame in that. You have still closed part of the wound up, enabling you to fight better than you would have with the full burn."

He smiled somewhat as he held his hand out.

"This is somewhat more difficult, but I want you to give it a try .. just see if you can close over this knick on my palm."

Anduri1
Aug 24th, 2002, 05:28:01 AM
Andúril nodded and held out his hand over his masters palm. He concentrated and then watched as the wound slowly healed, leaving only a scar of indentation where the wound had been. He smiled slightly:

"I guess it gets easier with practise."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:30:20 AM
"Exactly,"

He smiled.

"I have a task for you, Anduril. I would like you to spar with the other members here, and in sparring I would like you to practice healing as much as possible."

Anduri1
Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:54:10 AM
"Very well master. When do you wish me to begin?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:07:50 AM
"Right now, please. Contact me once you have defeated an opponent, or fought to the best of your ability."