PDA

View Full Version : Gabriel Xeanos - Lifestream

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:28:30 PM
Previously unknown to Dasquian, there was a small river worked it's way through the grounds of the Academy. It lay on the south side of the building and snaked back and forth in a lazy meandering fashion for some distance. None the less it was an impressive sight, and as of current was where Dasquian sat. The Jedi Knight was sitting, in mediation, on the dirt banks which framed the stream. He was expecting the arrival of the Padawan Gabriel Xeanos any time soon, and was excited at the thought of meeting one of his new apprentices.

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:45:36 PM
Gabriel quickly retreated from his quarters; a small message on an electronic tablet of sorts fell to his bed as he left. The blinking word of “Master” and the underlined one of “assigned” was very evident as it lightly recoiled from the bed, his belt and equipment being taken with him as the doors to the dark shell of a room slid closed and remained silent.

Making his way outside the Jedi Temple, Gabriel saw that the day felt rather peaceful considering the few he had experienced since his arrival there. His hood was down and his long black hair tied along with his Jedi braid woven near the side of his face, its light touch against his pale skin had a certain reassurance to the situation. Again his face was cold and undoubtedly lost in his own forgotten seclusion, red eyes giving an odd contortion to his feelings. Excitement was never evident much on the exterior with Gabriel, and neither was it on the interior unless searched deep within and with determination. It was better that way, as much as he enjoyed the feeling of acceptance at times, he knew it would only sought to bring conflict with the determination of his training.

His leather vest and dark clothing shifted, the small amount below his sash and belt blew to the side along with his hair. A ruffle in his white pants showing some of the slight extremities of the wind. His black-gloved hands clenched his brownish robe over all his layers of clothing for warm closure. His hair started annoying him as it got in the way, but he ignored and continued his venture to the river he was told to meet at.

His Master was seen in the distance amongst the blowing leaves and the slight calming crash of the river water. The sky foreshadowing the brighter day ahead as Gabriel looked on from a distance, not yet approaching as he observed. The crunching of his black boots against the ground could be heard while he looked. His Master, who yet he knew the name of, was meditating calmly in the view. “An amusing choice for my training,” Gabriel thought, “Rather peaceful and calm, very simple and ample for most. Yet reflecting my opposite at times.

Gabriel walked slowly, following the path of the river to his Master. When he was a good 10 feet or so away he knelt down on one knee, his right arm draping over it heavily and his left hand placed firmly on the ground near the water. Every now and again feeling a slight splash, the drops of water rolling down his glove. His red eyes were immediately hid from view as he looked down and his long strands of hair pulled down across his face. He still stayed there knelt while speaking against the sound of the river, a calming voice escaping his lips.

“Greetings Master Jedi…”

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:18:38 PM
Watching the river was entrancing, and it was only after second consideration that Dasquian realised he was being addressed. The Padawan had address him as Master Jedi, which he found most flattering and undeserving of his mere shoulders, but to which he did not argue.

"Greetings, Gabriel,"

He spoke as he rose to his feet, turning half circle so that his eyes fell upon the bowed figure. He gestured his hand to signal for the Padawan to stand up, shaking his head softly as he did so.

"My name is Dasquian Belargic, and I presume you already know that I will be the one instructing you in the ways of the Jedi."

A reassuring smile came over Dasquian's lips before he folded his arms behind his body, the kind expression fading to a more indifferent one.

"You may address me as simply Dasquian, or Master, whatever you feel most comfortable."

He took a few paces forward, casting a glance back at the river.

"Before we begin, Gabriel, I would like you to tell me of yourself, of your past and the like. Make it as brief or as long as you like."

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:30:45 AM
Gabriel sighed as his Master asked him for a description of the past. His words he spoke with almost a musical repetition to it as he looked to the ground, first standing for a moment then kneeling back down. Showing his uncomfortable standing with the situation. His face was still to the ground, his eyes of crimson rearing to the shore of the river, the movement of the solemn water calmed his internal conflicts for the moment. Affecting nothing of emotion on the external. His face finally pulled from looking down, the black hair draping across his brow he pushed away save for his Jedi braid that dangled against his cheek. Flaring, his eyes finally locked with his Masters.

“Master Jedi, not many ask for my past. Yet it seems since I have arrived here I have been asked that twice already. My old Master did not question it, but since I have more than an enough faith in a Jedi Knight and one that is my own Master for that instance, I will tell you it. As much as I wish not too.”

He knelt at the shore of the water, the wet dirt giving a soft comfort as his knee pressed against it. He picked up a rock between both fingers of his gloved hand rolling between the two as he spoke with his lightly cold voice. All the while his eyes focusing on the river most of all, at times returning to his Master.

“I was born on a transport ship, or which I was told anyway. When I was born I had a defect in my short-term memory. A relapse if you will. My mind couldn’t create memories and by the time I was five I forgot who my own parents were every few minutes. Mind you, my father told me this, I remember nothing. Thus began my curse as my mother eventually died in a fit of frustration with me and a disease that was brought on by traders during my father’s merchant runs. I was told I watched her die, the last one by her side when she said her last words to her own son who couldn’t remember them…”

At this moment Gabriel paused, most would do it because of emotional set back and such memory of his mother. Yet Gabriel only stopped to admire the sky again, his face did not phase as he let the rock roll from his hand and to the water…

“My condition was temporary, by the time I reached seven, my mind could regenerate memories after the help of cybernetic therapy. From then on I was supposedly normal, save for my red eyes which ran all that were near away. I decided then my path to help others, regardless of the rejection I received from those around me. Most of my life was on transports, educated by droids and my father. All this resorted to my cold retraction, one that you see now I am very sure, but most likely part to mention…just like all the others do.”

He looked at his Master with a cold stare, none of hostility but of more curiosity. He then returned his strange eyes and looks to the reflection in the river.

“I then joined the Jedi Order at seventeen by meeting my Master on a trading run with my father. By then my experience with hand to hand combat was exceptional to most normal beings, my Master taking me to a temple in Coruscant and teaching me little bit by bit before anything. I learned some of the Force, but not much. He died shortly there after by the blade of a Sith, and at the same time I was told my father was dying of the same disease my mother contracted, my life so far has been nothing, but death…I expect nothing special anymore, only for me to learn and help. Death is an afterthought.”

He then turned to his Master while whispering small words to himself.

“Death is my curse…and I am no longer afraid of it..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:43:33 AM
"Death is indeed saddening,"

The Knight's mind was cast back to his own past, which he only just recently recalled. The thought of his wife and eldest son's death flickered through his head momentarily. It did not physically show, but a sense of sadness panged in his heart. He'd come to accept what had happened, but of course one cannot live totally free of grief.

"But it is also something we grow to live with, as you say. You have chosen a good path to walk, Gabriel. Your will is commendable; no doubt others in your place would have submitted to the darkside."

Dasquian nodded primly, watching the demeanor of his apprentice as he addressed him.

"If you are so adept in your saber skills, I think we should first work on your Force abilities. Have you attended any of the group force classes here, or is your knowledge of the Force and it's ways fairly blank?"

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:03:56 PM
“Unfortunately I arrived only but three days ago, my attention has been to training what I can to myself, I have not been able to attend the Force classes, it is to a degree of regret that I have not. As like you say my Force powers are limited mostly to combat manipulation, other than that I even still have great difficulty having to pull my lightsaber from my belt with the Force, much less the complicated mannerisms of the Force there are.”

His hands laced on his knees while he still knelt at the edge of the river. His speech very dignified in manner and as was his almost robotic demeanor towards the whole training situation. Restriction he was use to, freedom he was not. Something he might have to get use to, but so far his Master and one Knight were the only people he had interacted with.

“My lightsaber skills are mediocre in my opinion, though I was told it was the strongest natural ability I have. My Master and others were not necessarily proud of it, but they felt well to know that someone in their Order was more a tuned to combat before joining instead of learning directly from the Jedi. There worries seemed to be that in my seclusion I would slip into the Dark Sides grasp. Something they would hate, so they kept me with my Master most if not all the time instead of giving me the peaceful seclusion I wanted. So far that is why I like it here…I can be alone for a change.”

He paused realizing he was talking too much again. He always ran on with conversation not always directly involved with the situation at hand. He cut off his speaking and looked to the ground waiting for what his new Master thought was best for training and how to begin it.

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:04:03 PM
OOC: I apologize but ignore this one if you will, I accidently pressed the submit button twice on my rather laggy computer.

“Unfortunately I arrived only but three days ago, my attention has been to training what I can to myself, I have not been able to attend the Force classes, it is to a degree of regret that I have not. As like you say my Force powers are limited mostly to combat manipulation, other than that I even still have great difficulty having to pull my lightsaber from my belt with the Force, much less the complicated mannerisms of the Force there are.”

His hands laced on his knees while he still knelt at the edge of the river. His speech very dignified in manner and as was his almost robotic demeanor towards the whole training situation. Restriction he was use to, freedom he was not. Something he might have to get use to, but so far his Master and one Knight were the only people he had interacted with.

“My lightsaber skills are mediocre in my opinion, though I was told it was the strongest natural ability I have. My Master and others were not necessarily proud of it, but they felt well to know that someone in their Order was more a tuned to combat before joining instead of learning directly from the Jedi. Their worries seemed to be that in my seclusion I would slip into the Dark Side's grasp. Something they would hate, so they kept me with my Master most if not all the time instead of giving me the peaceful seclusion I wanted. So far that is why I like it here…I can be alone for a change.”

He paused realizing he was talking too much again. He always ran on with conversation not always directly involved with the situation at hand. He cut off his speaking and looked to the ground waiting for what his new Master thought was best for training and how to begin it.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:05:05 AM
Dasquian lifted a small pebble in his hand, standing in uffish thought for a moment. He watched the back of Gabriel's head, his mind mingling with that of his Padawan's to try and discern his thoughts or opinions. It was only after a minute or so of silence that he brought himself around to speaking.

"Then your Force skills should be developed first," the Knight said bluntly.

Eyes moving down to the river, he dropped the pebble down onto the waters edge.

"Regardless of what your previous Master may have said, this is how I see manipulation of the Force of being. Everything has the Force within it, even the atmosphere around us. It is like a maluable veil, which with the subtlest of efforts can be bent to ones will."

The Jedi kept watching the stone he had been holding as he spoke.

"To effect things you must first be able to feel the Force around you. Doing this is fairly simple, and requires only minimum concentration to sense the flow of life around ... once this is done, it is only a matter of visualization. If you can focus on and see something in your mind, you can make it so."

At this moment, the stone flicked up into the air - as if kicked - and landed with a splash in the stream.

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 27th, 2002, 08:06:45 PM
OOC: I apologize, I am rather occupied with RL affairs and I will try to post for this tommorrow, but I am really sorry I couldn't today or yesterday.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:27:15 AM
OOC: TTT.

Gabriel Xeanos
Jul 20th, 2002, 08:08:11 AM
OOC: I guess this is the best place to explain myself for my absence here. First off I am so very sorry Dasquian. I am not sure what has happened since my dissapperance but I am very sorry for what I have done. I should have said I would be gone for a bit, but many things prevented me from doing so

RL has given me apples and told me to make lemonade in a sense. As in its been horrible lately and RL has me doing the impossible. I should tell you the details, but they are many and they are bad, and the last thing I need is people telling me they are sorry right now, I heard it too many times.

So I hope, in retrospect, I am seen as still a memeber of the Order, I don't care what I have to do, I just want to post again and help with whatever is given. Because you guys gave me chance and you didn't have to do a thing considering their was a lack of Masters when I was around.

Again, I am so very very sorry...

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 20th, 2002, 08:43:15 AM
OOC: Don't worry about it Gabriel. As always, RL comes before Roleplay :) It is no problem that you were away and you do not need to apologize. You are, of course, still a member of the Order. As for your problems I won't say that I'm sorry to you, but I do hope that things become better for you soon.