PDA

View Full Version : Kack Mebuff - Open Your Eyes [completed]

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:24:54 PM
A cold wind whipped through the academy, dying then picking up in fits and starts. High above the sky was thick with clouds, and though no rain was due the evening itself seemed dank and the air moist. It was not an unpleasant thing, of course, but infact a refreshing change from the heat of the day. Dasquian stood on the flank of the main building, pacing back and forth in the damp grass. Today he was awaiting the arrival of Kack Mebuff, another Padawan whom he'd been assigned to.

Kack Mebuff
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:20:27 PM
Kack strode across the damp grass toward his Master, his cloak wrapped tightly around him, protecting Kack from the winds. As he came before his Master, Kack removed his hood and bowed. He was ecstatic to finally have been assigned a Master and couldn't help but smile to himself as he bowed.

"Master Belargic, I am Jedi Padawan, Kack Mebuff. It is my greatest pleasure to meet you."

Kack stood at attention waiting for his Master's reply.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:01:40 AM
At the sound of the Padawan's voice he turned quickly and returned the bow with a soft nod of his head.

"Greetings Kack. It is good to finally meet you," he said as he strode towards his apprentice.

"We aren't going to begin your training immeadiately, I want to learn a little about you first."

He smiled, then gestured for his apprentice to follow as he moved to sit beneath the shade of a large tree.

"Tell me about yourself, Kack. Your past, your skills, anything you feel I might like to know."

Kack Mebuff
Jun 26th, 2002, 11:35:36 AM
Kack sat on the still damp grass and gestured for his Master to do the same.

"Well, I was born almost nine-teen years ago on the planet Naboo. I had a brother he was three years younger. *sigh* My father abandoned us when I was about fifteen. My mother passed away soon after. The doctors said it was an anxiety caused heartattack. As my brother got older we discovered he was an excellent swoop pilot ... he's very strong in the Force, we both are. But, then again, we are decendants of Qui-Gon Jinn.

It got to the point where he was so good that we would travel to other planets to compete. He was one of the best. It would be his undoing unfortunately. After losing his first race, not too long ago, he got in a fight with the jockey that beat him, and the jockey pulled a thermal detonator and killed the two of them ..." Kack trailed off as tears began to stream down his face. He wiped them away, and continued, "I was blinded by the blast, but I survived. I wish I could have saved him." Kack cleared his throat, "As for my abilities, I have limited psychic skills, I dream my own future quite frequently. I'm pretty good at levitation, I can lift myself and other objects, and I have a little martial arts training ... had to learn some form of self-defense to survive those swoop races. You end up around some very rough crowds. Oh, and actually built this ..." Kack pulled out his lightsaber. Kack put away the saber and proceeded to rolled up his sleeves to reveal tribal tattoos up his forearms. "I got these about six months ago. They're symbols of my family. Each branch represents a member." Kack rolled up his arm further to reveal a tattoo of an electro-guitara surrounded by flames, "This one represents my love of music and on my back I have 'Made on Naboo' across my shoulder blades." Kack chuckled, that was one of his favorites, it was his way remembering who he was especially with all the traveling he did. "So, I guess that's about it ..."

OOC: sorry it took me so long to reply, my PC kept freezing up on me

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:48:52 AM
"Decendants of Master Jinn?"

Dasquian smiled somewhat.

"You have an impressive skills Kack. Tell me more about this psychic ability you believe to have, will you?"

Kack Mebuff
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:26:35 AM
Kack smiled at his Master's compliment. "Well, it began when I was very small. The first time I dreamed my future there was a 4 month gap ... but as I got older they time in between dream and reality has gotten shorter. And I know it's not deja vu, because I specifically remember the dreams and can't figure out why I dream them until they occur. I've gotten to the point now, where I dream events, usually, the night before they occur..."

Kack paused for a moment.

"The most recent occurance, was the night before I lost my brother. I dreamed the whole event of my brother's death, but when it occured I still couldn't stop it. But how do you stop a thermal detonator?"

Kack sighed.

"Well, I guess that's it ..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:08:02 AM
"How curious."

Dasquian canted his head.

"And you only have these visions in dreams? I mean you have never had one whilst walking around awake?"

Kack Mebuff
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:02:55 PM
Kack shook his head, "Never. Interesting, no?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:41:47 AM
"Indeed. Do you think you would like to try and persue this so that you might be able to forsee the future, or even look back into the past? To train as a seer Jedi?"

Kack Mebuff
Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:59:27 PM
Kack looked up, he turned a little red for he was rather emberassed.

"Actually, I was hoping to train as a Jedi Warrior. I want to be able to protect. And I think my martial arts skills would come in handy there."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:25:09 AM
"A Warrior? Ah, fair enough."

Dasquian nodded.

"Martial arts skills hmm? What say you show me a little of this skill?"

The Jedi Knight took a few paces backwards and set himself into a tight defensive stance, awaiting the demonstration.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:55:05 AM
Dasquian's request caught Kack off guard.

"Um ... well ... sure."

Kack stood up and shed his robe. He prepared himself and set himself in his battle stance.

Kack began to tap into the Force, feeling it flow throughout his body.

He moved quickly against his master ... throwing calculated punches, each blocked effortlessly by Dasquian.

Kack slid back for a moment and then pressed on. This time he faked a punch and kicked towards Dasquian's stomach, the Master quickly grabbed Kack's foot and attempted to spin Kack in the air, who quickly countered with a kick to the jaw.

Kack did a back flip out of the kick onto his feet and waited for Dasquian's move.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:43:26 AM
The Jedi Knight tilted his head back momentarily before looking back towards Kack. He stepped forwards slowly, compossed and calm in expression. Then, like a hawk, he swept in and yanked the Padawan's right wrist in his grip, twisting it around quickly to spin the apprentice out to the side before raising one foot to kick him a further few feet away.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:30:03 PM
Kack bounded back to his feet and rushed his Master. He sent fists flying in every direction possible. Dasquian blocked most of them, and the ones that did connect did little more than push the Knight away.

Kack decided he needed a new strategy. He came in with the same attack but when Dasquian went to block one Kack's punches he hooked his arm around the Master's and flipped him through the air. The elder Jedi landed hard as the wind was knocked out of him.

Kack leapt towards the Master hoping to catch him before he could rebound from the attack, but Dasquian quickly recovered to his feet ...

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:37:44 AM
As he rose up from the floor, he hooked one leg out - connecting the bridge of his hide boot with the Padawan's shin .. again, toppling him to the floor. With cat like agility, he sprung backwards and up to full height.

"When fighting an opponent you must analyse them for weakness, Kack. Try and determine what my strongest fighting point is, then exploit other areas where I appear to be not so strong."

Kack Mebuff
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:32:41 AM
As Kack drew himself to his feet, he nodded at his Master's comment.

Kack brought himself low to the ground and with one swift movement attempted to slide tackle his Master. Kack slid right past his Master as Dasquian moved out of harms way, this time Kack was prepared as he spun around and landed a slide kick, connecting with Dasquian's ankles and knocking him to the ground.

Kack was immediately back on his feet, even before his Master could recover. He knew deep down he probably couldn't beat Daquian but he tried his best.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:28:23 AM
From the floor Dasquian pushed upwards quickly, driving the sole of his boot into the Padawan’s chest. Aided by the force and momentum of the kick, he sprung up to land with a light thud.

“Good, pick on points when you think that I will not be able to retaliate easily. If you cannot defeat someone, you can at least make it difficult for them to defeat you!”

Kack Mebuff
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:14:23 AM
Kack smirked at Dasquian's comment, he had read Kack's mind.

"Ooh, so we're using the Force now ..." Kack thought to himself.

Kack leapt through the air using the Force to boost his jump. He came rocketing down ready to plant a kick. Dasquian was more than ready for the attack ... or so he thought. As Kack extended his foot for the kick and Dasquian prepared to grab his foot, Kack used a Force push to knock his Master over and sent him sliding across the floor on his rear. Kack landed easily and waited for his Master's retaliation.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:17:36 AM
A laugh passed the Knights lips as he jumped up to his feet slowly.

"Excellent!"

Dasquian brushed the dust from his clothing and grinned broadly.

"I see you used the Force there too, good work Kack."

He edged backwards somewhat and swung his saber hilt into his hand.

"Alright, let's bring this up a mark,"

The orange blade crackled to life with a hiss.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:11:40 PM
Kack bowed and replied, "Thank you, Master."

When Dasquian withdrew his lightsaber Kack smirked, time to put his practice to good use.

He withdrew his own saber and extended the purple blade with a hiss.

Kack immediately swung towards Dasquian in graceful spin attack, eager to show his Master his skills.

The more experienced Jedi blocked the attack and made a swing of his own, but Kack was fast enough to block the move.

Kack pushed down on the orange blade then swung back up causing the blade to move high above Dasquian's head. Kack used the opening to plant a kick in his Master's stomach, knocking him back a couple feet.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:22:53 AM
As Dasquian was knocked back he pushed himself, through the force, into a flip so that he would land and be still imbued with momentum. The jump worked, and allowed the Knight to immeadiately press onto Kack against with a sideways swing followed by an overhead hack.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:57:38 AM
Kack barely dodged the side swing, but was able to block the overhead attack.

He swung back with his own attack, which Dasquian blocked easily. The two Jedi came into a gridlock. Kack leaned in close to Dasquian and head-butted him. Not the most conventional move, but it worked.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:05:32 AM
Dasquian stumbled back one pace and shook his head, quickly passing off the numbess that pained his forehead.

"Good good,"

He moved forward then quickly, feigning a kick to Kack's upper torso before thrusting the tip of his saber towards the Padawan's stomach.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:34:02 PM
Kack's instincts kicked in and he swung down knocking the saber away from his own stomach. That was too close for comfort.

Kack swung away his blade moving with his body like an extended appendage.

He moved back and quickly aligned himself with Dasquian. And with one swift movement Kack lunged at his Master.

Kack completely missed and Dasquian struck Kack's shoulder with his lightsaber.

"Gah!" Kack cried out in pain. He clutched his shoulder. Kack concentrated on the wound, and it healed, keeping only a scab, still. He really needed to work on that healing thing, he thought to himself.

Kack leapt through the air and landed a kick directly on Dasquian's chest sending him through the air and slamming him into the far wall.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:44:34 AM
Dasquian slid down against the wall and quickly got to his feet, disengaging his saber. He motioned for Kack to do the same and paced forward, squinting at the apprentice.

"Very good Kack. Your fighting skills are excellent," he said, giving the Padawan a pat on the shoulder.

"I see you have some healing skills also - when did you aqquire these?"

Kack Mebuff
Jul 17th, 2002, 09:26:37 AM
"I'm not quite sure, I found out that I could heal myself when I sparred with the Shadow Jedi, Davka Volaw. I do it by just giving into the Force, letting it flow through me, then just concentrating on the task at hand. For some reason I've been able to get very deep connections with the Force. I can't even explain it."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2002, 02:42:43 AM
"Have you been able to heal anyone else apart from yourself?"

Dasquian smiled somewhat. He himself had not learned how to heal people, so was curious as to what Kack could do.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:00:18 AM
"Uh ... I dunno, I never tried ... I don't see why not."

Kack paused for a moment.

"I do have a question ... do you know how to counter Force lightening? I was sparring with a Shadow Jedi and he defeated me using it."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:00:59 AM
"I have no ever encountered the attack, Kack, unfortunately. Perhaps once you are somewhat stronger you would be able to create a Force shield to repel it?"

Dasquian smirked somewhat.

"I'm very interested in your healing though, my apprentice. Do you think you could try and heal a small cut on my palm?"

The Knight clenched his fist tightly so that his nail dug a little into his hand, scraping away some of the skin - before holding his hand outwards.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:49:10 PM
Kack looked at the small cut, which was now bleeding.

He concentrated deeply on the Force, letting it flow throughout his body. Kack could feel it within himself.

He reached out and touched the wound and focused solely on closing it and mending the cut.

Kack, of course, couldn't see it, but the cut closed itself up leaving only a very tiny scab.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:04:57 AM
Dasquian traced his fingertip over the partially healed wound and nodded somewhat.

"That is excellent."

He smiled somewhat, brushing his hands together.

"Alright Kack, I believe that we done all we need to do today, by my schedule. Do you have any questions, or techniques which you would like to practice?"

Kack Mebuff
Jul 27th, 2002, 10:00:19 PM
Kack bowed before his Master.

"When shall we meet again?" he questioned.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:47:53 AM
"I will call upon you soon so that we can begin and complete the next stage of planning and training,"

He smiled.

"Until then, I suggest you just relax, or perhaps even spar a fellow member if you feel like it."

Kack Mebuff
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:46:32 AM
"OKay, thank you, Master."

Kack bowed once again and went on his way.