PDA

View Full Version : With Verse leaving us for a few months.... and Council voting procedures...

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 24th, 2002, 07:24:05 AM
*Bummer*

One Council spot is to be filled. As per the last time this happened, person who scored most votes in the last votes is nominated to fill the vacancy until next election.

Hello Helenias.

Aye or Nay

--

Okay, now for something we really should have done last time. Decided on a voting ruleset BEFORE the election. Got any suggestions or comments? I dont cause my brain is frelled right now.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:26:42 AM
Hey Helenias!!!!! :D Bai Bai Verse...... :(

Anywayz...I think that everyone (all members of the GJO) should be allowed to vote as long as they have been a member for at least a month! Otherwise people just pick the names that they see other people picking....and it turns into a "popularity contest". Hmmm...I can't remember what else was a controversy last time. I do remember that being the biggest issue though. Anyone else have other ideas??? Oh yes, and no discussion in the actual vote thread. It got really hijacked for a while. :lol We should make separate threads for discussion and title it "Vote Discussion: whatever" ya know? Hmmm....what else? Can't think of anything, but that's my ten cents....my two cents is free.......(couldn't help it, really) :lol

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:41:04 AM
I know this may sound a bit... n00bie, but I think that it may help out said n00bs. (No diss on them, we were all there once!) Perhaps the council should nominate ten people who they think would be qualified. Then those ten people either accept or decline the nomination, before it goes to voting. That way they can bail out before they are voted in, follow?

Then, those ten people have a sentance or two describing what they would do on the council, what they stand for on issues IC and OOC (i.e. some people are against vampyyyrrrez and some are for, etc...) That way, when someone who hasn't followed every single post of a certain person looks at the list, they can make a better decision, voting for the ones that they agree with.

*Throws 2 pennies in the air* Wheee!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:59:59 AM
I like the sound of Ryla's idea, but I don't mind really :) I'm sure whoever gets put in place will be capable

Sanis Prent
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:26:32 AM
Council should nominate

Xazor Elessar
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:42:32 AM
I don't know if I like the idea of the Council Nominating. It could turn into another popularity contest...ya know? I just would hate to have the same people all the time, unless they can really do the job. There should be some kind of qualifications.....like a lot of people had a problem with me being chosen last time because I was a brand new Knight. I can see where that is a good reason...I am waaaaay more experienced now, and I understand how the Council and GJO works a lot better than then. Perhaps a set list of qualifications should be met and then the Council should nominate based off of that. The nominating thing would be good for those people who do not wish to do it....so they can back out if they want to. Just my ten cents again...... :lol

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:52:20 AM
The primary qualities looked for in a council member are activeness and an overall flare for the group.

Knight status is the requirement. I'm unfortunately a bit behind where I want to be in the activeness department, but real life must come first.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:57:15 AM
Well what if we have all of the members nominating people? That way we're getting a broader opinion.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:59:15 AM
Speaking as Eldrak OOC: It may be a little more tough to discern the results if all members are part of the nomination process, but that is the most fair democratic way to do so IMO.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:00:23 AM
That's a good idea. I think that all of the members should nominate people first....and then we should have the vote based off of the nominations. It would be a more organized chaos that way. :lol That's actually a really good idea, and it will get people thinking about it in a more serious light.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:14:05 AM
Fine with me.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:36:37 PM
If nominations came from the general Jedi, that would be fine. I dont like the idea of a set group only nominating - I'm sure the current Council would not do this, but a future could concieveably lock out someone deserving, but they dont like.

The current, where all Knight and above are able to be voted for sometimes throws some real surprising results. and is easier to deal with.

People allowed to vote - Was anyone with Avalon access. I'ld like to see that continue. That worked well last time.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:38:23 PM
Works for me.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 24th, 2002, 03:47:42 PM
I agree with these procedures

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:17:24 PM
Aye to Helenias.

As for voting, all who have access to Avalon should have the right to vote.

Sanis Prent
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:01:23 PM
There's alot to be said both for and against the democratic process. But with council votes every 3 months...and the average time of voting at 2-4 weeks, you can see why I think that this shouldn't be open to every Jedi. For every ounce of fairness you get, you sacrifice a pound of timeliness.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:22:24 PM
I would rather be open and fair to all and scarifice time to do so.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:29:01 PM
with having everyone vote, we actually had people voting... it was wonderful to see all forms of new and old players joining in a important procedure around here.

Plus, it gets people involved. Everyone should have a voice with who they would like on the council

I do not favor a nominating process or having the council vote or what not for reasons already stated.

Aye to Helanias. Makes sense to me since she was next in line :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2002, 07:15:44 PM
Nay.

Kelt Simoson
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:34:19 PM
Im good with it, all the have the way into Avalon should be allowed to vote

TheHolo.Net
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:36:46 PM
I agree that it is better to see more people voting than to just have the same small group of people voting. More input group wide equates to more satisfaction with the group overall IMO.

AmazonBabe
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:23:56 PM
I say go for it. :)

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:55:02 AM
Ummm..... can I think about this for a day before anyone else says yes or no?

I believe that what I am considering is something that should be addressed. I have to be able to guarenttee I am independant from a member of my household, or else I dont see the point. And this is something I would ask everyone else consider as well.

There is possible image that I can viewed as a proxy for another in my home. Never mind that he could be on the Council if he wanted and has consistently withdrawn from being voted for - how long is that been the case now? I dont know, one of the Jedi here will possibly know. Never mind that his word carries a lot of weight anyway. I realise this is unlikey to be viewed as such within this group but I think other groups have players who do think this way.

And as such I would like to make a suggestion. If it is known that two or more roleplayers in the Jedi Order are married, live in the same house etc, only one be allowed to be elected to Council, so there is only one voice. This I also believe will stop a powerblock developing. We need as many views as possible on Council and I feel that cliques have no place in here and they should be discouraged by openness and everyone participating.

Further to that, it should be one vote per roleplayer, not per character.

And again further to that, if a roleplayer has more than one Jedi character, they must place forward one character only for election

I believe that a roleplayer can garner easy votes by the number of Padawans they have. I was going to say this was wrong, but I had a re-think. If a Jedi has a lot of Padawans and is active with them, then they are actively supporting the Order and thence they almost have a right to be on Councill.

I have spoken overlong and I probabably have bored you all, but this has been my say.

While I have been writing, I came to a decision. I refuse the nomination and instead I nominate Xazor in my place. She deserves this more than I do.

Alpha
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:08:23 AM
I agree with that! :) Or second it, or whatever the correct term would be. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:48:55 AM
Nay.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:11:54 PM
I accept.....if it works...... :)

ChildOfTheForce
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:19:38 PM
If padawans are allowed to vote, then Aye for Xazor.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:23:44 PM
I concur.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:25:43 PM
WTF??????

:huh

:: grumbles about lack of communication in in the Q'Dunn household ::

If that's her wish, so be it. Absolutly AYE for Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:34:03 PM
:D :D :D Thankies Marcus!!! :D :D :D

Morgan Evanar
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:50:53 PM
Wait, we need to decide exactly wtf we are doing here, and then make a seperate thread for it, because this one is a mess.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:54:21 PM
I agree.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:06:02 PM
okay.....about what are we making a separate thread??

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:08:06 PM
The issue of voting you onto the council, I believe.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:13:07 PM
Agreed - Topic has been created

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=312458#post312458