PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Trade Thread?

FLMKR4EB
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:12:43 PM
Anyone interested in trading DVDs you might have that you no lnger want or just didn't like?

Cause I've got a few that I bought on whims or got for free that I just no longer want. All are prviously viewed unless other wise stated, and are in mint condition and have the booklets/inserts.

Charile's Angels
Lost In Space
Meet the Parents CE
Leathal Weapon 4
Star Gate (Standard Edition)

If anyone wants to trade, I'm open to suggestion and deals.

JMK
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:20:58 PM
I'm looking at that Star Gate DVD and am pretty interested. The VHS is awesome in surround sound, so the DVD must be that much better. I'll post again later with a list of ones that I would trade up. :)

FLMKR4EB
Jun 29th, 2002, 02:34:47 PM
Still interested?

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:18:10 PM
Yeah, sorry I took so long to get back here, but I can't find a DVD I want to trade. Anything you're looking for in particular? Maybe I've got it.

JonathanLB
Jun 29th, 2002, 05:12:55 PM
I like my DVD collection, but I have a few duds in there that I got for cheap or whatever. Meet the Parents rocks, hehe, one of my favorite comedies. Already got it though.

I have probably 300 DVDs, but that's not "300 movies," because a lot of those are from double-disc sets or X-Files, Simpsons, or Buffy episodes, etc. So TV shows and not just movies.

My collection grows so rapidly, hehe, I love it. There is never a time when I cannot find a movie I want to watch, obviously. I have so many unopened DVDs its sick. The entire Die Hard and Beverly Hills Cop trilogies, for instance, I love them, but they're unopened still. Many DVDs I have opened have never been watched either. Plus now I got LA Confidential unopened, Heist, Serendipity, Wall Street, Tommy Boy, Spawn, a TON of stuff.

DVDs rule :)

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 05:18:03 PM
Yes, they certainly do. :) I have just over 100 movies now, and that's after I gave away the ones I considered dead weight, or ones that I would never ever watch again, like 15 Minutes (which might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen) and Blow, which was good, but a repeat factor of zero.

sirdizzy
Jun 29th, 2002, 05:44:27 PM
i can't see myself buying a dvd if i am not going to watch it at least once and open it up when i get home

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 05:49:53 PM
Actually, I'd trade Heat and Vertical Limit for Stargate, other than that, I've got nothing to offer, I'll ask my brother if he would be willing to trade something...

JonathanLB
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:03:17 PM
Obviously I will watch the DVDs eventually, but I don't immediately watch everything I buy or use everything I buy. I have a ton of unopened video games from like a year ago even, just no time to spend on them. I'd rather be doing something else. Most of those were gifts, not ones I paid for myself.

As for DVDs, I pay for them all and buy them all myself basically, or if I don't, I have someone else do it for me, but that doesn't mean I immediately intend to watch the film. It just means I want to add it to my collection for future viewing.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:19:57 PM
We have about 60 or so DVDs, not a huge collection, but my dad insits on watching everything we buy, the day we get it from columbia house...so we are hesitent to buy some. In the last couple of months our collection is getting bigger exponetally.

JMK
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:49:48 PM
Addictive, aren't they? :lol

sirdizzy
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:04:34 PM
i bought a whole bunch when i could wath em at work but were not allowed to do that anymore

now i only buy them if i really want them and plan to watch em many times

JonathanLB
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:50:09 AM
The sad thing is, I often buy DVDs that I think OTHER people will want to watch, just to make my collection better ;)

LOL. I don't usually do that, I don't make a habit out of it, but for instance, I've added some chick flicks lately that I mostly liked just so that if any girls want to borrow DVDs, they at least have some options. I like to keep a diverse collection just as some people like to have a diverse portfolio of stocks :)

I also like buying high quality films even if I don't think they have great repeat value, like Thirteen Days for instance. I bought it used, though, and already saw it once on DVD, plus loaned it to a friend, so I feel that some of the $10 I paid has already been repaid. I like being able to loan movies to my friends. It's great having the collection so that people can enjoy the movies I have too...

FLMKR4EB
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:41:02 AM
Although I dispise the movie, if your bro can't find something to trade, I'll trade Star Gate for Heat.

JonathanLB
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:26:32 AM
Heat blows. lol.

JMK
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:09:27 AM
Excellent! Done! If you don't mind me asking, why would you want a movie you despise?

Jon, I've done the same thing lately. My gf sometimes spends alot of time here and if I'm not here, she's bored, so I've bought alot of movies that only she would enjoy; Moulin Rouge, Pretty Woman, Beetlejuice (her fave) Backdraft (her other fave), The Mexican, Duets and Erin Brokovich.

FLMKR4EB
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:37:56 PM
I dispise it causer it doesn't work 100 percent. aBut it has about 4 amazing scenes, namely the coffee shop scene and the ending. It also has an awsome soundtrack.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:57:06 PM
We have Moulon Rouge. Thats about the only chick-type flick. There is also the princess bride...but thats more comedy.