PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiousity..

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:52:07 AM
I have no idea why I'm wondering this, but how did everyone find and join up with SWFans?

http://www.punk-ish.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/spiral.gif I still remember Kaine and Vega bugging me to join. >.>; And then only giving me a link to TSE, so I didn't know that there were any other groups.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:04:03 AM
Because Marcus spent so much damn time here, I decided to have a look why.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:15:04 AM
I was on a Final Fantasy message board called Video Dream (with Hexadragon, who you might remember, and Cat, who later became Cat Van-Derveld) and someone came over to the board with an interesting sig. It had a cool picture of Vegeta in it and the link to TSE.

I think the person was Big Bad Naga, though I'm not sure. But anyhow I just followed it from there, then spread the word across MSN :smokin

Kelt Simoson
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:25:16 AM
Well i met Teke Kenobi in a place called "CT" otherwise known as "Cybertown" which is like a huge 3d town with lots of obs and EXP points and you can buy things and such...nice place he said to me

"Do you like starwars"?
i said yeah
and then he gave me the link...i was first in the NR then TSE under Miss.Van Derveld after a few posts. :)

*Sieken*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:32:12 AM
How did I get here? Found jawafortress from a link on TF.N. in March 1999. Stayed here when it morphed into SWFans. And I was in on the first day of roleplaying.

I guess that makes me part of the furniture

Sith Ahnk
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:35:31 AM
The TGC/SWFans wars

Zasz Grimm
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:41:22 AM
TPM had just recently came out and I found my way to a chat called Talk City (Where some of the other few came from, namely Eve, Hera, Scorpion, and Razielle.). I was bumming around and Itala invited me to come to EzBoard...(Yes, it was Itala....) I roleplayed around at TSC, met LV, and most of the people that were there. Itala gave me a link where I found SWfans and started to roleplay. I found a thread that was a fleet, or something and I battled TurboGeek momentarily. (It's insane that I remember that) I was around in late 98 till now. :)

Darius Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:18:09 AM
;;points an accusory finger at Vega;;

His fault!!!

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:20:48 AM
;; bows ;;

:)

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:27:17 AM
XDD Jen-Jen, I still remember the entire convo when you and Jason were trying to make me join.

"Be a Jedi!"

"No! Jedis suck! Be a Sith!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:04:45 AM
:lol I did that with sooo many people. You, Dyne, Eve, Kaine, Anubis, Sukura, Kooan, Dalton. Then they would go and tell people. I thought the whole of the chat would invade in the end :x

Sanis Prent
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:11:24 AM
Same way DT found it.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:48:05 AM
Started off in an old chatroom at TalkCity, back in May '99. Had this one name stark, that a lot of people hated. So then I made Pode. Pode met Jyener Celchu who recruited him into Death Fleet around Decemember or so '99. And thats when I found out about this place.

Lord Gue
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:22:35 AM
I was at Talkcity too, cept I was in an Alternity RPG room when one of Thrawns cronies rucrited me, and brought me to the SW RP Talkcity, I never went there much after that but Thrawn showed me to his board and from there I eventualy got to SWFans...

Khendon Sevon
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:11:00 PM
I played Gundam Wing Battalion, some weird Gundam RPG, and my friend found this board through someone elses sig or something... I really didn't want to RP here, but the Gundam RPG died so I tried it out, and it was "cool."

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:04:32 PM
I was a follower, followed Rama's links to Rama's Corner and TSE, then Bromine over to swfans.....

Lady Vader
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:05:13 AM
Found the orgininal original ORIGINAL SWF through countingdown.com way back in the spring of 1999.

Mu Satach
Jun 24th, 2002, 03:09:14 PM
Same as LV.

CMJ
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:30:59 PM
JawaFortress...same as Marcus.

Dear God that was a long time ago. :)

Sanis Prent
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:55:15 PM
Damn skippy it was.

Figrin D'an
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:00:27 PM
Add me to the list of original members...

Like LV, I found the jawafortress site through a link at countingdown.com, April '99 I guess, and somehow have survived everything that has happened since then.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2002, 07:00:54 PM
Bordem and linked got linked by Nup.

Shawn
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:49:36 PM
I wrote a rather lengthy explanation over at the GJO. In a nutshell: I used to posted at a Legacy of Kain messageboard, and I followed one of the posters there to here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2002, 12:29:49 AM
I was recruited by Itala at the Crazy Ass Message Board.

>D and here I am. TWO YEARS LATER! Thats right, I've been around for almost two years now. I'll have to investigate the exact day...I can't remember :)

Hunk
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:08:39 AM
A board I posted at was infested by Sith (namely Rama, Nuriko and videl) with those damn table sigs and I took it upon myself to balence them by becoming a force for goodness (with a damn table sig, of course). So I asked Rama and he pointed me to the GJO.

ReaperFett
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:12:43 AM
Found it on yahoo. Registered December 20th. I asked abotu joining the Jedi, and DT, Yog and Boricua were the first to explain it all. My first sig was made with help from ObiWan2

Aki
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:28:17 PM
Oddly enough, I never went on the internet until '99, and I mostly just surfed around the Anipike. I ended up finding, now dead, DBZ Cracked, went to the EZboard registered my first two gobal accounts, Keman and Katatona, went to Nuri's board and ended up seeing all this cool table sigs and stuff about TSE. I clicked one of the links (this was also around the time TPM came out) and started RP at TSE as Keman, then as Bounty Hunter Aki, and found my way here to SWfans cos this is where all the fighting is. Yes, I've been here over TWO years, same as LD....Scary...I even remember the week I joined, 2 days before Rama and Nuri's RP wedding! :)

Actually, you could say it was Rama and Nuri's RP wedding that brought me here....

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:42:43 PM
Same way as Shawn.