PDA

View Full Version : The Sage Grand Opening!

Sage Hazzard
Jun 22nd, 2002, 11:28:29 PM
Well, for the past week and more I've been working on something religiously. When I first came on the internet (three years ago) I originally visited a message board about football, then I came across one on broad subjects. It was based on a video game site but the board was open to everything. Overwhelming is the only word I can use. I've always been a shy guy but I can say this brought me out of my shell. A post every second. Seriously. You could be typing a reply, and three people would reply before you. It was insanely popular and a great experience. Slowly, the management turned. They started becoming dictators, controlling everything. If they didn't like a topic, they'd delete it. No reason. Real jerks. I vowed to myself that one day I'd have a board where everyone was free to speak their mind and was open to suggestions. A board of the people. At the time, the board I was visiting used UBB, a paid service. At this tender and ill informed age, I thought it was a pipe dream. It wasn't until I became firm in my HTML confidence and general web knowledge that I ventured out to find a free message board. Well, I found Ikonboard. It was complicated for me at the time, so I went back to dreaming... finally, I got up the nerve to just dive into it head first! So baby... step back, because I did it!!! I made a board! Of course, I've had EZBoards. But they've never captured the feeling of an Ikonboard, UBB, or VBulletin service. So now, I'm finally able to put that chapter behind me. I did it. And it's this:

The Sage (http://thesage.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=)

Now, I know it seem like all the other boards on the market. Well, I don't give a hoot. So please, no one needs to tell me it might fail. I just don't care. I want to do this, even if I end up with a useless board taking up space.

I'd appreciate if everyone would visit but they don't have to. More than anything, I just wanted to let people know what I've been doing for the last week or two. I've kind of dropped off the radar, I know. Well, I'll be coming back to RPing soon! As soon as I get up enough time to actually do something. I know, I know, I have a lot of RPs going on right now. I'll post in them tomorrow. It's late and I'm dead tired. But it feels good to have this out there. I hope atleast someone could take the time to tell me how it looks. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:49:22 PM
Neato site there. Good job! :)

And if I may be so bold...

*Points in the general direction of TSO.*

...I'm waiting..... :p

Admiral Lebron
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:11:57 AM
Neat.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:43:48 PM
Jinkies!

Andraq Novkar
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:12:28 AM
And the reason why he mad 'The Sage' is because of me!

I asked him to design Gallidorn and he got hooked!

:)

It's even in my CT there.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:51:24 PM
Yep, yep, yep. I always knew I loved HTML etc. Just never relized the full extent. I've made boards in past, but way in the past. At the time I modded Gallidorn I was much more advanced in code knowledge, etc. so it was easier. Made me really look into a board for myself. Kudos to you all the way bud.

AmazonBabe
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:53:28 PM
:: Ruffles Sage's hair in thanks for his post. ::

Good boy. I shall get around to replying tomorrow... uh, with my other half. :D :p

Sage Hazzard
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:57:14 PM
Good thing you ruffled Sage's hair. Vice has none. :lol

Zasz Grimm
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:38:01 AM
Kudos to me!

:)

Not a problem, I will gladly contact you when I want a board made, or re-made.

:lol

Severen Morkonis
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:38:57 AM
Looks mighty good there sage mah man.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 30th, 2002, 02:00:18 AM
Okay, this sucks. As you can see, if you go to he above URL, I have no board there. There was a server problem and the message board's lost. EVERYTHING. This happened just about two days after my last post in this topic.

Well, I have a new board. It's on a new server and a new board technology. I'll give out the URL when it's ready. I've been spending all my limited time on the internet on that. So, now you know.

Wow, I'd just like to say, way to go SWForums.net team. I have profound respect for you now, more than ever. It's a lot harder than it looks.

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 30th, 2002, 06:00:01 PM
awww
::Gives sage a hug, steals his wallet::

There there, things will get better.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:15:24 PM
Damn Sage, not good. Sorry to hear that

Avolon Bisel
Jul 5th, 2002, 01:21:46 AM
Silver lining, blessing in disguise, one door shuts another one opens. This new board's much better. Plus, no ads. No ADS!!! Plus page loads on dial up are quicker than heck.... Heck, might as well give out the URL. It'll be open in about three days officially. I'll start a new topic when it is.

http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~thesage/forums/index.php

I'm trying to get the color scheme right before I make graphics to fit it.