PDA

View Full Version : Of Family Matters

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:46:52 AM
Of all the things I had to do with my life, this was the hardest - but the most rewarding. I was a Commander in the NRSF, I was a wife of a Jedi Master, I was a Jedi Knight myself. I trained Padawans, I trained others in the Warrior ways.

But I was also a woman and I was a mother. The young girl sitting across from me was not my biological daughter, but I regarded her as such. For nearly 6 months, she had been my charge, my care. I tried to spend as much time as I could with Jina Jade-Q'Dunn, but it was hard. She was only 4 and needed attention, attention most of the time I could not give. Thence, in the times when we could be mother and child, I cherished. A daughter by adoption, her real mother had been a Jedi Knight, dead for two years. I had found Jina, hidden away and a secret. While I knew who the mother was, there was only hints whom the father was. Although we had never spoken of it, I knew Marcus had suspicions. "Another mistake made by the clone Darth Turbogeek" I knew he thought. With my own strange pre-cognition abilities, I could see that it could well have some truth. Jina however did not physically look like the now dead Turbogeek. She took after her mother strongly, blazing red hair and intense green eyes. A girl made shy by her early distrubted life, she had a tendancy to be clingy.

I did not blame her for that. To be correct, she was only my daughter by the fact her adopted father was Marcus, thence now Marcus and I were aware the other lived and had reunited, she was mine as well. It had taken me some time to draw her out and get her to trust me, which she now did. Jina absolutly doted Marcus and trusted him totally, which had made my involvement in her life easier.

I knew there was some sort of bind between them, Jina and Marcus, like Jina was really the biological daughter of the Jedi Master. In some ways, that could well be true - Turbogeek was a clone of Marcus Q'Dunn. It was so confusing to think of that, my head hurt.

But for now, Jina was on my lap as I sat at one of the booths in the Bar and Grill. She was drawing. And I was trying to feed another young child, hardly more than a baby - Jax Tondry. How I had ended up looking after him was a long story, but the fact was I now was. Now THIS was proving near impossible. And today, Jax was in a playful mood, thinking it was funny to spit his mushed fruit out. I sighed as another mouthful splattered the table. I swear, he was wearing more of the food than he had eaten.

Learning how to be a Jedi, training and fighting was easy compared to this. I sighed, putting the spoon down and giving up for now. How could anyone deal with all of this?

Xazor Elessar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:55:22 PM
A young woman entered the Bar and looked around. A smile danced upon her lips as she spotted an interesting sight....odd to the Bar scene in her eyes. Gracefully she walked across the establishment until she reached the booth where her friend and mentor, Helenias Q'Dunn, was strapped down with two children of very different ages. Bowing her head in respect, she gently hugged her fellow Knight and took a seat in the empty part of the booth.

"Greetings my friend....it looks like you have your hands full!"

She laughed slightly as she eyed the splattered food on the table top. Reaching over, she grabbed a few napkins and wiped up the mess, then disposed of it in the garbage. It was unique and beautiful to see a strong Warrior being so loving and gentle with small children. Helenias truly had the patience of a saint....

Liam Jinn
Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:09:51 PM
Liam watched the interesting sight with some amusement. He didn't really know Helenias so he stayed at his table, drinking some water. Xazor walked up and sat down at her table, cleaning up after the young ones. He sighed, for some reason it made him homesick.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:40:17 AM
I looked up and I sighed.

"Do I ever Xazor. I have little experience looking after someone as young a Jax, it is very trying. Jina helps in her own way."

It would do me good to talk, so I began to speak.

"Jina dotes on Marcus and he looks after her when he can. Jax.... Jax is different. He is too young and I suspect Marcus doesn't like the fact I am looking after the child of one of his greatest enemies. This is the son of a Jedi Padawan here... but his wife is a Sith Master, a particularily good one named Lilaena De'ville. Marcus and De'ville have a long, long history and have clashed both physically and verbally many times. Little Jax leaves Marcus and I in an situation - what do we do with him? I dont have the answer. I wish I did"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:51:54 PM
Xazor listened closely. She had run into Lilaena on the battle field once or twice. Sighing slightly, she eyed the cute little boy for a moment and turned back to Helenias.

"It is hard to think I was that small and innocent once...and look what I turned out to be. First a killer....now a "hero". Life sure throws some surprises at you. Speaking of which....look at this..."

From her robes, the Knight pulled a small black compact. Inside was a holo-image of a woman who looked like she could be Xazor's sister. It was not her sister....she never had one. It was her mother.....one she would never know.

"It's my mother....I found it in my Father's room, but I didn't tell him that I took it. I couldn't remember what she looked like until now. A few weeks ago I was too afraid to look at it. I still have not really examined the image....I guess I am still a little afraid. He never speaks much of her...I don't even know her name. It's a bit lonely living a life surrounded by men. I have my Father and brothers....and an uncle here and there. I don't really even have an aunt. All of them are dead.....just like her."

Xazor motioned toward the picture in Helenias's hands. Sighing slightly, she looked out the window, noting her reflection in the glass. She could only imagine what having a Mother was like, for she could not remember that part of the first four years of her life.

"That's why Jax and Jina are so lucky. They have you and Marcus. I'm not saying that my Father doesn't do a good job....I love him to pieces, but for things that I know he wouldn't understand...I must rely on the female part of the GJO. People like you and Navaria....Leia. Everyone has been so nice about that kind of thing....I don't think anyone really knows how much I appreciate it."

The Knight did not wish to continue rambling about things that did not imminently pertain to her friend....but she had someone to talk to for once....and now that Verse and Shade were gone away for a while....she couldn't even try to talk to them about it.

Darven Calmoarn
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:50:15 AM
I look up from my table across the way, a little nervous, I think. I'm not sure that I'm doing the right thing, but I have to leave, and Helenias seems to be the right hands to leave little Jax in. I still do not know who this 'Alexander' is, and despite my best efforts have not been allowed inside the Jedi's training areas.

The Jedi knight who holds Jax in her arms now, she said that his father had joined the Jedi. The very thought gives me a headache. Lilaena is...she is... I shudder at the thought again, remembering how I had seen her kill a Jedi so many months ago. She was so...different from what I remember of her as a girl.

And to think that her baby's father is to be a Jedi. She will not be pleased. But it is a good place for Jax. I can't lie, I've gotten attatched to the little guy. My place, however is on Coruscant with my people. I would like to make sure that the baby gets to his father first.

I owe that much to Lilaena. Although I never bargained on having to rescue the kid from deranged kidnappers. Thankfully that whole incident is far behind me now...and so are the bruises.

My mind is made up, and I finish my drink before walking over to Helenias and the one I recognize as one of her learners, even though we've not been introduced.

"Jedi Helenias..." I affect a short bow, and wink at Jax, who grins widely at me. "I was wondering, have you had any luck locating his father yet? I can't leave until I know for sure he is here."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:52:45 AM
ooc: Jax is now 10 months old. Lets just say time has passed. :)/ic:

Jax smacks his hands down into the bowl in front of him and sends food flying everywhere in his glee to see Darven. Wide mouthed he gurgles, trying to make words, but lacking the talent.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 26th, 2002, 06:57:20 AM
I had to wonder why Xazor was speaking as she was. Her mother did bear a remarkable similarity to the blonde woman sitting across for me. Clearly, something was on her mind. I had the feeling this was no spur of the moment conversationa nd she had planned what she would say. My conclusion? She was goign to ask something. Guidance I could give and it would be my pleasure to give.

But before I was able to reply, there was a not so unexpected interruption. Darven Calmoan, whom had accidentally been the means I had Jax in my care. In a botched kidnap of Jina, Jax had been taken - I had ended up securing Jax's release by force with Draven and agreed to protect the child until his father could look after him. I sometimes wished I hadn't said that. But I did not go back on my word.

"Hello Draven. I have had some luck, Master Yoghurt confirmed to me Pierce is here. He also told me no uncertain terms I could not see him. I'm sorry if that is not quite what you wanted but his order I am bound not to diobey" It was for show and for others that might have been listeniong, for I was going to continue to try to find exactly where Pierce was and hand his child over. I knew Draven expected me to to - I felt what he wanted was more imprtant than what Master Yoghurt wanted. Although I had a sinking feeling that even if I did there would be some reason for myself to continue to be stuck with Jax. I hoped not.

And a glob of food splattered my cheek. Sighing, I wiped my face with a cloth. Thank the Force Jina was old enough to not go through these antics when I had become her guardian and mother.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:43:38 PM
Xazor smiled to herself and basically ignored the other person visiting their table. She did not mean to, of course, for many more things were on her mind at the particular moment.

"Well.....I rather like to think of you as my...well, as my Mother. I...I didn't know..."

Suddenly a glob of food was sent into her face. She flushed crimson with embarassment and quickly found a napkin to take away the shame. Then the children became loud. Talking and babbling as they did, they began to flail their arms in Xazor's face. Smiling a bit, she forced her way through to Helenias's ears.

"Well I like to think of you as my Mother....and I was wondering if you wouldn't.....well, if you wouldn't mind taking me in as your....daughter. I would be most....honored."

She said loudly over the noise of the children. Suddenly they seemed to stop and go about quietly as they were, allowing a clear shot from Xazor's eyes right to the woman across from her....

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:13:13 AM
It was rare for me to be caught off my guard. It was rarer for me to have not foreseen something or at least have hints.

And I really didnt have anything I could say. Not for at least a minute while I gazed into the eyes of Xazor. Eventually -

"Have you spoken to Marcus? What does he think?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:17:13 AM
Xazor took a large breath of air...this was so confusing and difficult to explain...had she forgotten to speak of their Life Bond? Had Marcus told her? The lack of communication was a bit funny these days....

"Well....not exactly, but inadvertantly, yes. He knows of this....he knows the very words that are coming from my mouth at this moment...."

She paused a moment, seeming to think a conversation in her head. It appeared as though she was speaking with someone...but her lips were not moving, and no one was around for her to speak with telepathically.

"He concurs with my feelings as well.....if you don't want to I would more than understand...you have your hands full enough without having to worry about me as well...."

The Knight said quickly, taking a nervous sip of her drink. She set it back on the table and then a splatter of food landed in it. What a day....

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:12:01 PM
At the other end of town, a lone cloaked man sat in a seedy bar, smoking a pipe, boots on the table. A smile came to his unseen face, even while he ordered another tankard from a passing innkeeper.

Tell Helenias, she looks beautiful. Like on Harrvi

This was a most interesting development. If there was one thing maecus never thought he would have - that was a family. Firstly Jina, then Helenias.... and now the family looked like to extend a bit further.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:25:20 PM
Xazor grinned to herself as she recieved the message from Marcus. Nodding slightly, she looked at Helenias once again...allowing Marcus to see through her eyes.

I'll tell her.....

She spoke in his mind. A grin danced across her lips and a bit of mystery shown in her eyes.

" Oh yes, and Marcus wants me to tell you, that you look beautiful....like on Harrvi....."

The Knight said gently, smiling once again as a small giggle surpassed her lips.

Darven Calmoarn
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:45:14 PM
I lean down and slam my hands on the table, resting my weight on my arms. "Excuse me? I don't mean to intrude, but I'll be taking Jax. I promised his mother to give him to his father. If you can't, then I'll have to do it myself."

I reach out for the child, who gurgles happily. "You may be bound not to disturb him, but I am not."

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:06:01 AM
Darven suddenly would have felt a solid wall was between him and Jax. My eyes were boring in at him and I had a look of disapproval on my face.

"Darven, if you attempted to get in there, at would be your death sentance" While it was difficult to lean forward and whisper with Jina on my lap, I did my best "I said I would be bound not to try to contact Pierce. But..... let me say you should know me a bit better after what we went through to get Jax back. Did I not make an honour pledge to take certain actions? And I take care in here for other may listen"

Darven Calmoarn
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:24:59 PM
I laugh, but it's nervous laughter. "Jedi kill people who try to return infants to their fathers now?" I shrug, and throw up my hands. "No matter. I understand, Q'Dunn."

To annoy the blonde, I pull up a chair and reach for Jax. "Can I hold him anyway? You seem to be a little busy."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:29:32 PM
Xazor growled at the man's actions, knowing that Helenias had meant business.....though Xazor did not know much about this situation. The Garou's elongated canines gleamed in the light as she looked at him.

"What you're trying to do is not wise....."

The Knight said, seeing through his motives immediatly. If he was trying to get at her friend, it would not work......he'd have to pass through Xazor first.

Darven Calmoarn
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:07:00 PM
ooc: Xazor, better figure out what my motives are before you see through them. /ic:

I turn towards the younger woman, and flash my brightest smile. "Not wise? I tend to agree. I give this woman a child who was in my safe keeping, and now I can't even hold him." Technically true...although the fact that Helenias had helped me rescue him from that demon Venom I neglect to mention to her. "Not wise at all. Perhaps the Jedi are not what I have always been told they were."

And perhaps baiting a young Jedi isn't wise either, but I'm cross from the long days of waiting, and sparring verbally helps me with stress. Or, at least, thats my excuse. I wink at Helenias, to let her know I bear her no ill will.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:50:50 AM
"Xazor.... please. Be at peace. Darven is a good man and only wants the best for Jax, as do I"

I was really beginning to not being able to pseak freely to Darven. He deserved it. A brave man who I suspected had some sort of feelings for Deville. Maybe that was no longer wise with what she was, but so be it. The die was cast and there was a certain course of action to be taken which I would not veer from.

Unfortunantly, Darven timing had left much to be desired. Xazor had also come to me with a request that I fel t needed my whole attention and this was not an easy situation that I was now in. I would much preferred to be dealing with what Xazor said first as well - the levity of what she said demanded it. So what could I do? Jina got off my lap and partially solved the problen for me. She walked around to the dark skinned man and looked up at him.

"Uncle Darven? Can you get me an ice cream? I really liked the one you got me before. Please? Can I have one Mother?"

Please I urged mentally. Just five minutes. Then I could give him the time and we could work out our mutual problem. But Xazor came first - had to come first.

It wasn't every day you gained a new daughter.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:22:32 AM
Xazor sighed as the situation unfolded. She looked at Helenias with a "help me" look on her face.

"Perhaps another time would be good...I don't want to interrupt anything...."

The Knight said softly, knowing that the other situation was just as important, if not more so. She could wait....

"I live for 700 years...I am sure I will see you sometime within that time frame..."

The Garou woman laughed slightly and watched Jina pester the dark man....

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:44:40 AM
I gave Xazor a small hand signal, basically meaning "Your not going anywhere young lady, now sit down now because your mother is going to talk to you"

Somethings just would not wait.

"Certainly Jina" I said out loud. If Uncle Darven" Oh that was good! "agrees"

My gaze however was not directed at Jina or Darven - it was pinning Xazor to the spot and not letting her escape.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:02:59 AM
Xazor lofted a brow and scooted back to the place in the booth that she was originally sitting it. She sighed slightly, but was a bit relieved that Helenias whished to speak with her...despite the situation.

"Okay..."

The Knight muttered slightly as she watched Jina dance in happiness at the fact that she got to have an icecream. It was a wonder to the young woman how such trifles could bring such happiness...

Darven Calmoarn
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:26:08 AM
I look down at the small girl, and am about to disagree with her idea, but suddenly I change my mind. "Sure, Jina, lets get some ice cream. But don't call me 'Uncle,' okay?"

The little red headed girl beams up at me, and slips her hand into mine. I let her walk me away from the table, where Jax keeps company with the two lovely ladies. Lucky git.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:01:08 AM
I waited until Darven and Jina were out of earshot, before picking up a cloth and cleaning up Jax as best as I could . It was like trying to wipe a figity Octopus. I didnt know much about children of this age, but Jax could be very active when he wanted to be and was in a playful mood. As he was now. To be honest I should have let Jax go with Darven for a few moments so I could give my full attention....

What was I thinking? I could settle Jax down if I wanted to. I reached out with the Force and with my finger, stroked his forehead. "You want to sleep Jax". Didn't work straight away, but he began to settle and in 30 seconds, was making distinct 'I'm going to sleep' motions. He settled into my arms, resting his head on the crook of my elbow - a beautiful little boy I had to admit as I continued the gentle mental suggestion for a bit longer to ake sure it would hold for a while. I glanced up at Xazor.

"We can talk now and let me say - I have almost thought of you as a friend and I have already begun to look upon you as a daughter. I see so much in you and I know all you need is guidance. I am not the true mother to Jax.... but I have becoem that to Jina. I have never had such an experience as that. Not even Marcus can bring some of the fulfilment of your own child, even if she is not by birth. Now as I said I already look upon you as a daughter and if you wish for more, then I grant what you want. I will be mother to you - I name you Xazor, Dawnstrider by birht and Magus by marrige, I name you Q'Dunn and I name you daughter"

Xazor Elessar
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:04:40 AM
Xazor listened intently as Helenias spoke to her. The words were magical.....and never in her life had she heard something so desired and beautiful. A smile lit up her face when the woman across from her finished......now she had a Mother....finally.

"I cannot express with words how much this means to me....how much you and Marcus mean to me. You have done so much for me already and now this....."

The Knight paused in her thoughts, for too many consumed her at once. Pure joy seemed to eminate from her smile.....reflecting what she was feeling in her soul. She would have jumped up and hugged Helenias, but a child was sleeping in her arms and she did not wish to distrub him. Instead, she leaned across the table and placed her had over Helenias's hand.

"For so many years I have waited for a day like this.....when I would finally have someone to call my Mother....and now I do."

Her eyes sparkled with a bit of mist from happy tears.....as her Father called them when she was little. It seemed now that her smile would never go away and it would never fade.....

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:52:37 AM
What could you say in response? Emotion likewise choked myself up as we clasped hands, sealing what had just been said.

"Xazor... my daughter. Much this might be, but nothing compared what I would do."

A bit of a random thought came to mind.

"I wonder what Jina would say when she finds out she has just accquired a big sister?"

Darven Calmoarn
Jul 20th, 2002, 11:24:20 AM
I allow myself to be pulled towards the table again, as Jina has already gotten ice cream all over her face. She's about four, I think, and hasn't mastered the art of eating cleanly yet.

Frell, some people still haven't. Jina releases my hand and scampers towards Helenias, and I start forward again...then change my mind abruptly and walk out of the door.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:13:22 PM
Xazor laughed slightly and looked down at the little girl.

"I've never had a sister before...I think that I shall enjoy it just as much as she! I am surrounded by brothers, remember."

Xazor grinned as Jina came bounding over to the table with her ice cream. She was a sweetheart like Xazor's own daughter....as precious as both of her children. An unremoveable smile crossed the Knights lips as a new joy possessed her soul.