PDA

View Full Version : I just had an interesting thought

JMK
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:10:56 PM
I was just thinking about ROTJ, when a certain line really resonated with me, and drew one of the biggest parallels I can think of in the prequels, AotC in particular. Here goes:

Mace Windu: "I think it is time we inform the senate that our ability to use the force has diminished"
Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything"
Dooku" "The dark side has clouded their vision" (or whatever he said to Obi Wan).

Here we can see that the light side is failing, and the dark side is gaining strength, upsetting the balance of the force. Now think ahead to ROTJ, and this scene:

Vader: "My son is with them"
Emperor: "Are you sure?"
Vader: "I have felt him my master"
Emperor: "Strange that I have not. I wonder if your feelings on this matter are clear, Lord Vader."
Vader: "They are clear, my master"

Now we can see how the light side, with Luke's training almost complete, and the conflict in Anakin/Vader, is regaining strength and beginning to restore the balance of the force. Basically, we can see how the light side is beginning to diminish the Sith's ability to use the force, as the Sith once robbed it from the Jedi.

Told you I had too much time on my hands lately...:p

darth_mcbain
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:20:18 PM
Man, I get chills just thinking that... That was a really sweet catch JMK!

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:12:10 PM
Yes... very nice line of thought indeed. I like it.

Figrin D'an
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:48:10 AM
*** Gives the man a cigar. ***

Nice bit of analysis. Very nice indeed. :)

Roddy Two
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:04:47 AM
Yeah I thought about that on my 2nd viewing.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:34:10 AM
Oooo, nice catch dude! Very nice indeed!

CMJ
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:54:36 AM
I had always thought that Vader could sense Luke because he was his father...but your point is well made too.

Quadinaros
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:52:21 AM
What's up with the Force? Why does it need to be brought into balance? Why can't it just balance itself.

Don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think Lucas just needlessly complicates things. Midichlorians and this Force balance concept...

What's in store for Ep. III? Why is Yoda green? Is Mace Windu JarJar's father? Why is Dooku's saber bent?