PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines for posting draft and suggestions...

Taylor Millard
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:44:13 AM
I think we should post guidelines to entrance into Black Hand as we have had an influx of idiots who wish to join. Unfortunately these are rather vocal idiots who will not take a simple no for an answer.

I would prefer to not have to ban them, rather ignore them, but I think we should make 'Must Read' thread in which we tell them they must have experience RPing and be able to prove it, if they are asked questions.

I know, I would rather not do this, but if the idiots are going to be vocal...then it is time to show them why they canno just 'show up' and join.

Up to you guys, but I think we should.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:48:11 AM
Most deffinately. If we get accusations of elitism (and I hope we do) we smile, nod, and say, "duh."

Taylor Millard
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:50:11 AM
:lol

I'd do it now, but let's hear a few more people. But I think we'll get a concensus of, "Yeah let's do it."

Morgan Evanar
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:52:09 AM
Draw something up anyway so we can look at it. =]

Taylor Millard
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:55:56 AM
Okay...

NOTE: To all potential posters who wish to join

We at the Black Hand are very selective with what RPers and characters we allow into our ranks. To be considered you must:

A) Have experience in RPing on the SWFans boards, as the character with whom you wish to join.

B) Have documented training (with RP Links). You will PM them to one of the mods listed above.

C) Be willing to be patient. TBH is extremely busy and will get to your request as quickly as possible.

EDIT- imo this would not apply to our apprentices. Although, I do believe they must be in good standing and a good RPer, before they're considered entrance. That's how you guys admitted me, and I think that's a good idea to keep up. Hope that makes sense.

Taylor Millard
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:25:40 PM
OKay I went ahead and posted the rules we have right now. I'm sure if need be we can edit them if we choose to reword them.

That works for everyone?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:44:23 PM
Um why'd you post them if no one else has read them yet?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:45:46 PM
IMO they're not bad.

Should say "If you want to join on a level as an apprentice, please show RPing experience as a DIFFERENT character, and if one of the members may choose to take you on as a learner, with POSSIBLE membership in the future."

Morgan Evanar
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:01:37 PM
I read them. =p

Taylor Millard
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:02:07 PM
Sounds good. I'll add them. Anything else you'd put or reword?

Taylor Millard
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:03:01 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Um why'd you post them if no one else has read them yet?

'Cause Static was bugging me and I wanted him to stop sorry about that. :l

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:03:04 PM
You might add a D) that addresses things such as "our current apprentices", in case either people gripe about it (unlikely) or you want to add other members in a way similar to the way we were added (we meaning me, I have no idea how the others joined).

Or not, because why bother if we get to be obnoxiously elite about it as we want? ;)

In any case, looks good as the general rules of thumb future applicants should be aware of.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:41:31 PM
We have already discussed them to death. :)

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:29:57 PM
I like those guidelines. I'm in favor of having them up.

Taylor Millard
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:41:20 PM
They're up in Tribunal. HOpe everyone likes. :)

Ebon Dir
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:31:41 PM
I managed to sneak in through a crack in the wall. And one of these days, I'm actually going to do something worthwhile.

I have grand vision...but the execution is lacking

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:50:18 AM
I could excecute you if you think its lacking. ;) Bad pun, I know.

*goes off to putty up the cracks in the walls* :mischief

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:47:23 PM
;;begins to undo all her work by chippping away at the putty;;

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:49:21 PM
:eek

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:05:37 AM
Why is this even stickied?

I must have accidently done that again...grrr