PDA

View Full Version : speaking of vader.... *speculation, spoilers, etc...*

Starquest aka AndyR
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:50:04 AM
Did anyone else get chills when they first heard the techno unions leader talk for the first time? as soon as I heard his voice, I immediately thought of Vader.
Also interesting is the story behind the techno union leader on the official site....

As befitting a technocrat, Wat Tambor is entirely encased in machinery and is even reliant on technology to speak. His deep, resonant voice is strangely mechanical, modulated by a set of dials built into his torso.

Sounds a bit like the vader we know? Maybe palpatine calls in some favors when anakin needs some "life support" later on....

ReaperFett
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:08:12 AM
Maybe he takes it from Tambor ;)

But yeah, I think that it is relevent

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:44:23 AM
I have to say that guy did look something like Vader, and I agree with Reaper knowing Palpatine he would just steal the technology from them, especially since they are the seperatists.

darth_mcbain
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:03:28 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I have to say that guy did look something like Vader

He did?! I don't think he looked a darn thing like Vader... But I too agree, I think that the technology used to sustain Vader will be provided by (or stolen from) the Mechno-Army.

Lady Vader
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:08:51 AM
Hmmm... interesting point. I hadn't even made the connection until I read this.

JMK
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:44:11 PM
Speaking of stealing technology, when Dooku took the plans for the death star away from the Geonisians to hide with Sidious, is Dooku really doing it in the best interests of protecting the plans, or just stealing them to give to Sidious? I tend to believe the latter...

Starquest aka AndyR
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:16:44 PM
I'll be willing to bet that the emporer isn't actually stealing the plans. think of it as contracting - someone hires someone else do do the design work, then the purchaser gets to keep the plans...

Also, I bet that the seperatist allies either get totally betrayed in epIII or they get consumed into the empire when palpatine takes control - basically a "work for us or die" proposition. This would make them divisions of the empire... talk about a hostile takeover. :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:19:47 PM
Whoops I meant he was similar to Vader just wrong choice of words there. I am thinking that most of the seperatist leaders will be dead by the end of EP 3 or at least betrayed, I am not sure abotu the Corporate Alliance though they do have there own sector during the OT, but then they could have been taken over by Empire loyalists.

JMK
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:29:43 PM
I'm thinking that all the separatists are total toast. Palpy and Dooku are rounding up any and all potential oppositions and are going to wipe them out with one fell swoop, as seems to be the Empire's mantra.

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:55:07 AM
Im guessing that Sinar Systems are the ones who put Vader together. Sinar Systems are the ones that build the TIE fighters, If you look, Vader closely resembles the TIE pilots, And im assuming we'll see TIE's in Ep3 I hope.