PDA

View Full Version : CMJ's signature

Dutchy
Jun 19th, 2002, 04:53:37 PM
"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once... and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry... you will someday."

American Beauty

I love it. Well, actually I love the whole final sequence of American Beauty. The music, the images and the words are blended together in such a wonderful poetic way that it gives me goosebumps every time I see it. It's one of the most intruiging, the most wonderful and most brilliant pieces of filmmaking of all time.

It's like watching life at its purest form.

ReaperFett
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:02:28 PM
Not seen :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:37:11 PM
American Beauty was awful.

CMJ
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:55:56 PM
It's a great movie....

But Dutchy...surely you know I change my signature every few weeks. :)

Mu Satach
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:00:34 PM
You know I've seen the end many times... I've yet to see how it begins.

darth_mcbain
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:01:24 PM
surely you know I change my signature every few weeks

I know that. And stop calling me Shirley... :)

I haven't seen - I actually heard it wasn't that good - I'll try it and see for myself sometime...

CMJ
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:08:21 PM
Everyone has different opinions. But that movie really struck a chord in alot of people...even if just as many(like Marcus) hate it. That's what makes discussions interesting. :)

Jedieb
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:29:08 PM
Loved AB. Beautiful movie. Great script, great performances.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:05:25 PM
Yeah, it was as great as YAH YAH;)

Doc Milo
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:13:21 PM
I hated it. Didn't find any of the characters likeable -- or even remotely cared what happened to them... Although, I did think the acting was top-notch.

CMJ
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:15:00 PM
Like I said....splits people right down the middle. :)

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:12:54 PM
AUGH! *gets split right down the middle* :eek

I never saw it. Should see it before I get upset about it and/or love it dearly. :D