PDA

View Full Version : Time to relax (Loki)

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:23:15 AM
It was a very warm day. The sun was beating down and Oriadin could really do with a drink. In weather like this he always found it hard to concentrate on his studies. Instead of struggle on with it he decided it was time to relax, take a day off. He made his way to the Bar and Grill. He didnt go there all that often as he wasnt a heavy drinker but the idea of a lovely ice cold water seemed really appealing.

He entered the Bar and Grill and saw a few people he recognised. He made his way to the bar and ordered his usual Ice Water. He scanned the room looking for a place to sit and noticed the young padawan, Loki sitting alone with a book in his hands at one of the tables. Oriadin had seen him around a few times but they had never spoke. He thought this could be an ideal time to introduce himself.

He made his way over to Loki's table and pointed to an empty chair.

--Hi, my name is Oriadin. Is this seat taken?--

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:23:06 AM
On days like these Loki found it simply to hot to sit outdoors, being used to the moderate climate of his homeworld of Chandrila the weather he found the weather he unbearable at times. Not only was it hot but was also smelly and stuffy, the air being thick with city pollutants of some form or another.

Although he was quite happy to be sitting in the cool interior of the Bar and Grill, devouring chapter twelve of his recently purchased read, "History of the Corellian Hyperdrive." Technology of this sort, especially when it concerns starships had never interested him before but ever since travelling around with his fellow Jedi he thought he should acquire some knowledge of how the damn things work. But he was finding it quite interesting.

Suddenly, he was greeted by a man he'd seen often about the Jedi facilities, he was a padawan from what Loki had heard but he hadn't known his name until now. He smiled cheerfully, happy that he had introduced himself and that they could give each other company.

"Oh hello there!" He said, then glanced at the chair. "Oh no, not at all! Please, sit!"

As he took his seat, the little boy closed his book and pushed it to one side, then took a sip of water.

"Loki Ahmrah. Pleased to meet you!" He said leaning across the table so that he would be able to reach to shake Oriadin's hand.

"How have you been enjoying your time with the Jedi Order so far?"

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:36:23 AM
Oriadin met Loki half way across the table and shook his hand. He then pulled the chair in underneath him and sat down. Oriadin had seen Loki around a number of times. He was spoken highly of by a number of the Jedi and from the instant he opened his mouth Oriadin knew why.

Oriadin sat comfortably in his chair, kind of slouched and placed his Ice Water on the table in front.

--Its been great so far. Ive already learnt so much. Everyone here is great, so helpfull. Its hard work though, but I think im getting there.--

Oriadin took a sip of his Ice Water to try to cool down a little.

--How about yourself? Do you have a master yet?--

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:56:04 AM
That's another one! So far Loki had been yet to find a member of the Jedi Order who was even in the slightest bit unfriendly. Loki knew Oriadin was bound to be a fine chap the moment he introduced himself, despite being a young man he seemed particularly mature.

"It is hard work, but as long as it is something you want to achieve you will get there no matter what--" He stopped himself for a moment, realising he was making himself come across like he knew what he was talking about, "--well, at least that's what I've always believed. And it's good to hear you've settled in well."

When Oriadin asked him about his master Loki looked a little lost for a moment, thinking back as to how it all came about, then he chuckled upon remembering.

"Well yes, Anbira Hicchoru is my master. Wonderful man!" He praised, then got back on topic, "It's quite strange actually, y'see I had a master before I even knew I was to become a Jedi. I was brought here by my parents to be taken care of by the Jedi whilst they're on a mission for the New Republic. But after meeting Master Hicchoru, the next day he took me on as his Padawan Learner and off on a three month mission to Aurash with a band of padawans."

He laughed a little, adding, "It had never even crossed my mind - to become a Jedi - but now I live here, away from Chandrila, away form home and my parents. But I have no regrets--" He took another sip of water and asked, "How 'bout yourself: where do you hail form?"

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:12:07 AM
Oriadin smiled as Loki told him his story. For such a young man, Loki seemed very adult like. He seemed to be very wise too. He spoke fondly of his past and seemed to enjoy telling the tale.

--Ah, Anbira. I know of him. Infact, he came to my rescue not so long ago. Id gotten myself in a bit of trouble with a couple of sith and had no weapons to defend myself. He pretty much saved my life. From what I hear, he is a very good Jedi and will teach you a lot. I myself am being trained by Helenias Q'Dunn. I was being trained by Verse Dawnstrider but it was decided that he didnt really have enough time for me so Helenias took me on.

Oriadins face turned from one of smiling to a more serious look.

--As for where I hail from, thats a good question. I cant actually tell you. I know very little of my past. I was working as a body guard for an ambassador on a large star ship. Thats really all I can remember of my past. I woke up on this plannet several months ago not knowing who I was or where I was from. I ended up at the Greater Jedi Order and was told that I was force senceitive and that I was to be trained to become a Jedi.--

There was a short pause before a large smile swept across Oriadins face.

--And here I am!--

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:39:55 AM
"Wow! That's so cool, you must have such an exciting history!" The little boy exclaimed, wide-eyed with wonder, but then he snapped back to reality for a moment with a solomn frown, "It kinda sucks that you can't remember it though. I'm sorry to hear that."

For a moment, the young padawan was quiet and podered on Oriadin's problem, then suddenly smiled comfortingly and reassured him, "Well, no matter. I'm sure with the right training - and from what I've heard about your master, Helenias, it will no doubt be the best training! - you should be able to retrieve your memories with time and patience."

Pausing for a moment, Loki put his hands behind his head to fix the short pony tail into which his thick, wavy hair had been tied. Thank goodness it wasn't his padawan braid that was coming lose, he has such a terrible time with that thing. As he brought his hands back, he took hold of the short braid which hung just below the back of his ear and revealing it to Oriadin asked with a sigh, "Do you have to grow one of these darn things? They're so annoying!"

"Oh and I was wondering," He added, reaching for his tumbler of water, "What brings you into 'Yoghurt's' on a day like this?"

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2002, 09:15:47 AM
Oriadin didnt find his past exciting, and he especially didnt find not being able to remember much about his past anything to get excited about. He could see why others would though. Oriadin usually didnt talk about his memory loss. It wasnt that it was hard for him, more that Oriadin was more concered for the present. Learn from the past, do not dwell. The future will come soon enough, live for the present. That was a kind of moto Oriadin lived his life by.

--Part of the reason for me wanting to become a Jedi was so I could learn more about who I was. I think it was more important for me when I first arrived here though than it is now. I dont concern myself with the past as much as I once did. I do enjoy learning from Helenias. Ive found in some ways her knowledge is lacking but I think that helps me. It allows us to learn things together. Shes a Jedi Warrior so I should greatly improve my battle skills with her. I think im more of a book worm myself. Im always reading and studying so with my masters help, hopefully my skills will meet somewhere in the middle.--

Oriadin could see Loki was messing with something just behind his ear. It seemed he was having problems with his Padawan braid. Oriadin let out a little chuckle.

--Yeah, I have to grow one too. It doesnt seem to bother me though. You get used to it after a while. Try not to think about it.--

Oriadin let out a small laugh once again and smiled at the young Padawan.

--What brings me here today? Well, I was studying the Jedi archives but I just couldnt seem to concentrate. Its too warm. I think ive earnt a day off anyway so rather than get fustrated and carry on working, ive decided to take the day off and come here for a nice cold drink. I find that sometimes a fresh break can be more effective that working for hours. Gives you time to recouperate and to gather your thoughts. So, what are you reading there?--

Oriadin pointed down at Loki's book which was lying on the table.

Grey Riftblade
Jun 19th, 2002, 09:26:37 AM
::A young man walks in looking for somone to talk to he spots another boy closer to his age than any other so he trods over to the table::

Hey, can I sit here? No one would talk to me at the recruitment center and someone told me to go away.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:33:15 PM
A big grin stretched across the little boy's features when Oridian confessed to being somewhat of a bookworm; perhaps this was someone Loki could relate to after spending most of his life reading and discovering.

"So you're a bookworm too, huh?" He asked with a smile, "I'm exactly the same, spending most of my waking moments reading, whether it be educational or for leisure. It is the thing I enjoy most save for perhaps--" He hesitated for a moment, scolding himself for thinking about them, then finished, "--being with my parents."

Getting quickly off the topic he lifted his book up to face his new acquaintance and read out: "The History of the Corellian Hyperdrive!"

"To be honest, starships have never interested me until recently after being hauled about the Galaxy on all kinds of ships on missions with the order. So I thought I'd bring my ignorance to an end and educate myself. Say, can you pilot a--"

Suddenly, the two were joined by a new face, one Loki did not recognised but after his innitial suprise welcomed the newcomer with a warm smile, "--Hi there! Sure, I have no problem if you join us, do you, Oriadin?"

Oriadin
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:07:25 AM
Oriadin was impressed with you young Padawan. It was rare to find someone as young as him so interested in reading these days.

--History of the Corellian Hyperdrive huh? To be honest, I dont know the first thing about Hyperdrives. I know a little about ships but more about the layout of them than anything else. Ship security and what not.--

Oriadin paused for a moment. He was thinking.

--I tend to enjoy reading about history. The archives are full of old Jedi war stories, diplomatic success stories and what not. Thats my main interest and its what I study most on. I tend to read a lot about Jedi philosophy too. Another interest of mine. I hope it will help me to become a better Jedi too. --

Loki went on to tell Oriadin how star ships had never interested him before when he stopped mid sentence. A being not familier to Oriadin approached. Before Loki could ask if it was ok to join him Oriadin was already pulling out a chair for the stranger.

--Please, take a seat. My names Oriadin--

Oriadin held out his arm hoping the stranger would shake it.

Grey Riftblade
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:18:04 AM
::Grey, being a little lonely and feeling left out from the jedi community quickly grabbed Oriadan's hand and shook it::

Hey, My name's Grey, thanks for letting me sit here, I'm new to the order and I'm glad to meet some people so new. Do you know Xazor, she's real nice.

:: Grey was having a hard time in the chair because his feet just barely touched the ground::

Ya'd think that they'd make a chair for short people too! I'm only 4'7" but c'mon! You guys know what I mean?

:: He was so glad that he finally had someone to talk to. The person with the book seemed to know a lot and have a loy of fun info and the other person seemed to have a billboard for Grey saying "friend." Grey smiled and waited for them to answer his questions ::

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:54:08 PM
"Oh yeah, Xazor's lovely!" Loki replied enthusiastically, putting his glass of water down he smiled and added, "That woman never stops, I'm not suprised you've already met her."

Loki laughed when he saw how Grey was in the same predicament as him and said, "I know exactly what you mean. Not only can my feet not touch the floor but I have to sit on a thick book so that I am level with everyone else."

"Oh!" He exclaimed, having forgotten his manners, Loki leaned over and extended a hand, "Loki Ahmrah, pleased to meet you!"

Oriadin
Jun 20th, 2002, 02:04:21 PM
Oriadin laughed to himself as the two young uns went on to tell each other of thier difficulty in touching the floor when sitting on the chairs. Oriadin wasnt especailly tall or particularaly short for a human. He was probably about average, maybe a little taller. Oriadin managed to stop laughing and regain his composure.

--So, Mr Riftblade. I dont really know anything about you. Perhaps you could tell us a bit about yourself and how you ended up here.--

Oriadin took a sip of his ice water, keeping his eyes glued to the Padawan he was talking to.

Grey Riftblade
Jun 21st, 2002, 08:26:03 AM
Me? well, there's not much to say other than I come from a planet that isn't nearly as advanced as this one. I was a village hero, not that important but good enough to be noticed by the recruiter. I just jioned and I'm having a great time here! I can't wait till I can get a real master, ya know?

He smiled because he liked these people, these were the kind of friends he had been looking for.

Sorry, I'm not really known yet, but my dream is to come a great jedi knight!

Oriadin
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:07:16 AM
Oriadin raised one eyebrow as Grey said his dream was to become a great Jedi Knight.

--You know, you shouldnt really wish to become great. Think of it as being enough. Good enough to do your duty when called upon. Good enough that your fellow Jedi can count on you. To want to be great can be a dangerous thing.--

Oriadin spoke with a little concern but the boy was young and would learn the difference between being great, and being enough. Oriadin didnt wish to make the young padawan upset at having these ambitions but mearly help guide him in understanding what it is to be a Jedi. These were Oriadins beliefs anyway.

Tomak Ohara
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:38:57 AM
::Tomak walked in and listend to the conversation::

Grey, he's right, remember to listen and take in all you hear...
Hello, my name is Tomak Ohara, vampiric padawan of the jedi.

::he extends his hands to both other people::

Grey Riftblade
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:44:19 AM
:: Grey listened to both people and thought for a moment::

You're right, that is the path to the dark side right, when I was a village hero, I wanted to be good enough to protect the people but still live a simple life, sort of. I think my life was a little similar to this one now.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:04:56 PM
Oriadin was wise and Loki really looked forward to spending more time about him; wisdom comes with age but what good was intelligence if one cannot apply it intelligently and that was why the little boy appreciated people like Oriadin, Master Hichorru and Master Yoghurt.

"Yes, I agree with Oriadin." He said with a smile, "A Jedi does not live to be great; his existence should be humble and in the service of others grow as both a person and Jedi. That in itself is enough--"

Loki paused for a moment, then after reflecting on what had been said, asked, "How do you mean you were a village hero?"

Then another individual introduced himself, he seemed polite and friendly and shaking his hand Loki introduced himself to Tomak, "Loki Ahmrah, a pleasure to meet you, Tomak!"

Tomak introduced himself as - "A Vampiric Jedi?" - the boy asked, taken back by the revelation but somewhat intrigued.

Grey Riftblade
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:09:32 PM
Me, that was my title, village hero, it was my responsiblity to protect the village from the monsters outside the city walls.

:: He grinned and drank some water::

It wasn't too hard but it took up a lot of my time.