PDA

View Full Version : Two important issues

Live Wire
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:19:26 PM
One.....we need to restate who is on the council. We lost a couple people. At last count its Myself, Gav, Vader, and LV. I would like to get back up to seven especially since we're getting in more and more apprentices. I would also like to post the constitiution up as the official guidelines of tso.

As you can see below we need to get more people on the council. Im open to suggestions. I know dyzm is back but IC there is that little problem we had way back when with LD. Anyway something to be thinking about. I'd like to get these major issues resolved before I take off for japan in two weeks.

General Rules of Conduct:
1. You will respect the rights of all members. Flaming is unacceptable!
2. You will attempt to resolve conflicts between yourselves. If a conflict can not be resolved the council will step in to mediate.
3. The good of the group comes before personal ambitions.
4. Three violations and you can be banned from TSO. The council will vote on if a second chance is merited.
5. Treason is an automatic banning.
6. Hacking is an automatic banning.
7. You will NOT use OOC information to benefit yourself IC.
8. Admission in to locked forums will be granted only after the person has proven himself or herself loyal and deserving (2 to 3 months on average). Ask and you will AUTOMATICALLY be refused and not be reconsidered for 2 weeks.
9. TSO is a family and everyone in the group will uphold that atmosphere.
10. Accusations brought upon any member must be backed with proof or they are summarily rejected.
11. Accusations will be brought before the council and NOT in a public forum.
12. To prevent problems secret IC information needs to be revealed to at least one of the council members in an OOC manner.
13. Violation of the rules results in demotion.
14. Repeat offenders (over 3) will be banned automatically.

Admission to the Order:
1. Admission shall be granted to all reasonable requests.
2. The council will discuss admission to “controversial” people before entrance is granted.
3. The council must clear anyone having a second character in TSO.
4. Those who have been banned from TSO and create a separate character that desires to be admitted into the Order must have a ¾ majority vote in the council before admitted.
5. Participation or having a second character in another group can not be a sole reason for dismissing a request.
6. Permission may be denied to someone who is deemed by the council to be a substandard role player. (i.e. Ron Thrawn) Quality over Quantity

Apprentice Training:
1. Everyone who is deemed qualified by the council MUST take on an apprentice.
2. If at all possible the limit to the number of apprentices is three.
3. Before an apprentice can be promoted they must have been on at least two RP’s with their master at the swfan forums.
4. Training may take place on the boards, in a chat room, or an instant message medium. If the training takes place somewhere other then the boards the transcript must be posted in the appropriate forum for documentation.
5. A petition for promotion must be brought before the council and the council will vote upon it.
6. Every apprentice will be made to feel welcome at TSO to ensure a long career in the group.

Alliances:
1. The decision to ally with any group or person must have a ¾ majority vote in the council.
2. The alliance must not conflict in any way with current alliances
3. Temporary alliances may be made with a simple majority vote.
4. If an ally turns against another ally the council must have a unanimous vote on whether or not to stay out of the conflict or side with one group or another.
5. Alliances can be broken with a week’s notice from the party severing the alliance. No reason need be given.
6. Even though a group is allied with us the council must approve the sharing of “Sensitive” information.
7. Information obtained from one ally will not be shared with another ally.

Governmental Structure:
1. The council will consist of 7 members. No more, no less.
2. Simple majority will decide all votes unless otherwise stated in the guidelines.
3. The council is not above the laws stated in the TSO constitution.
4. Replacement council members will be nominated by the existing council members and then voted on by every member in TSO.
5. Violation of any of the rules can result in your removal from the council.
6. Once the constitution is finalized a 3/4 vote in the council is needed to amend it in any way.

Lady Vader
Jun 19th, 2002, 04:43:50 PM
I think we need to hold a rolecall. I see Dyzm started one in the Discussion Chamber. This will help us to see who's eligable for a Council seat.

As to the rules, I have stated it before, they look very good to me.

Live Wire
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:15:16 PM
okay...also do gav and charley have access to this forum? seeing as they're the other two council members I wanna make sure they have acces.

Lady Vader
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:26:23 PM
I dunno, but I'm assuming they do. Just in case, i'll alert Ogies and find out. :)

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:31:15 PM
Gav doesn't, I gave this account access not long ago but I don't think I'm able to grant my own account access, which is odd. :\

Live Wire
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:24:40 PM
well thats odd....we'll get the gav account access

Lady Vader
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:00:31 AM
AAAAHHH! A Padawan in the Council Room! Sacrelage!! :p

Yeah, really, I thought Gav's name already had access. :huh

OGIES!!!!!!

*Walks off in search of Big Green.*