PDA

View Full Version : SEQUAL DVD's

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:09:41 PM
I cant wait for these. From what I understand they are not going to be released until after ep3. I also heard that they will be redoing some scenes and adding new footage (AGAIN) here are the changes i would like to see, please add any you think would make them great

ANH

-Re do all the sabers... These are done horribly especially at the end with the obi wan and vader. Could be redone to look better

- re do some of the tie fighters, these just look cheap

-ADD THE IMPERIAL MARCH-

-Add footage of the Emperor

(take out that stupid remake of jabba, it doesnt even look like the jabba in TPM and ROTJ

ESB

- Take out that emperor thats not Ian mcdermot and add Ian Mcdermot

- Change the taun tauns to look more real

ROTJ

- the sarlaac look like -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, re do it

- Nude scenes of Leia in the bikini, (just kidding)

Doc Milo
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:23:01 PM
ANH: Remove Greedo shooting first!

JMK
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:25:09 PM
Most the changes you want are what we want to see as well. We've never mentioned the tauntauns or the tie fighters, but I think we'll see some more expanded battle sequences. I wish they would change it back to Han shooting Greedo first, but I doubt we'll see that. I also hope that we get to see the senate being dissolved in ANH like Tarkin says it is. Once the prequels are done, and we've seen and learned so much about the senate, to dismiss it like that in ANH would be silly IMO. Also, I heard we're going to see Padme scenes shot for Return of the Jedi. That could be the most interesting change of them all.

darth_mcbain
Jun 18th, 2002, 03:56:15 PM
-Re do all the sabers... These are done horribly especially at the end with the obi wan and vader. Could be redone to look better

Agree with you there - those could stand a touch-up

- re do some of the tie fighters, these just look cheap

I think they look alright -- too much effects rework might make them look too "effects-laden". I kind of like the look - I think its roughness adds to the impression that the Empire doesn't really care too much about the look of their ships (unlike Naboo ships, which are almost works of art, and look good as CG generated ships).

-ADD THE IMPERIAL MARCH-

I have to disagree with you here... The Imperial March is something I always associate with ESB. Just because something is really cool doesn't mean it should be in all the movies.

-Add footage of the Emperor

Totally agree - it will tie a lot of things together.

(take out that stupid remake of jabba, it doesnt even look like the jabba in TPM and ROTJ

I liked it - I think it serves as a nice tie as to why Jabba is so pissed at Han.

- Take out that emperor thats not Ian mcdermot and add Ian Mcdermot

You mean Ian McDiarmid... And yes, Clive Reville (and the monkey) should be replaced.

- Change the taun tauns to look more real

They aren't all that real, but it never really bugged me either - I'd say either way...

- the sarlaac look like -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, re do it

I liked the remade Sarlacc. The original one was pretty stupid I thought.

- Nude scenes of Leia in the bikini, (just kidding)

Maybe in the special director's cut... :)

Admiral Lebron
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:50:32 PM
I like Greedo shooting first. Makes Han look cool. I'd like to see a longer battle sequence at both death stars. They really focus in on the main characters and a little bit of the other guys but I want to see an ISD pumping out from all its guns! And I wanna see the 30 rebel ships get pummelled.

Starquest aka AndyR
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:09:31 AM
I think they should redo the jabba scene with a better jabba and not just remove it.

Also, definitely let Han shoot first again.

Add the imperial march.

JMK's idea about the senate being dissolved is excellent! That would really tie in the trilogy well. All of the prequals will have the senate in them (pretty sure the senate will be involved in epIII), so seeing them would tie it all up nicely. Or maybe have the emperor in a hologram say the tarkin lines instead of Tarkin - "The imperial senate will no longer be a threat to us. I have disolved them permanently." - then tarkin follows up with the "Fear will keep them in line" dialog.

Starquest aka AndyR
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:43:54 AM
HAHA! I just thought of something funny that should be added to the OT...
How about a shot of temuara morrison in his underwear, dead on the floor of the melinium falcon? I was thinking that the only possibility of a shot of a storm trooper without his helmet on would be the one where luke and han took their uniforms....

Jedieb
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:04:21 PM
Like JMK, I don't think we're going to see the Greedo scene restored to its original form. GL is determined to show that critics and fans don't dictate what he does with his SW films. Despite all the criticism Greedo shooting first has engendered, I think it's here to stay. Which is yet another reason to have the original OT on DVD's. Just a little work with the old remote and you might be able to cut the film just the way you want...

JMK
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:27:37 PM
That would be unbelievable. If you could cut the film with according to what version you want. Although GL does seem rather adamant about making us see one definitive version of the movies.

Doc Milo
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:14:27 AM
If he doesn't remove Greedo shooting first, at least he can rework it so it looks better...

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:37:28 AM
I agree that shot looks bad, I also just cant stand the remake of Jabba and Han, its horrible, I want to edit it out of my tape

first off it makes jabba look like a bit -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, that dialog doesnt suit and all might underworld boss,

Also it doesnt even look like the jabba in ROTJ and TPM, i cant stand it!!!!

Jedieb
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:08:27 PM
It was there first try at a digital Jabba and it was alright, but he was just too damn skinny. The scene could use some work, but I just don't think we're going to see any of the SE changes updated. That's just my gut. I think the future changes will all involve new scenes and changes to the OT. All the SE stuff is probably here to stay.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:15:55 PM
I think the Jabba is poorly enough done to merit another kick at the can. Everything else will probably be left the same, except maybe for that scene with Greedo; they can easily go in and fix the way that shot looks.

Doc Milo
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:00:38 PM
I wonder if there is any way they can change the Jabba scene to have Han walk in front of the slug.

Have a huge Jabba on a repulsorsled, following Han in a semicircular fashion, this way, he doesn't "walk" next to Han, causing Han to have to walk in back of him. He just crosses front of him. Han's head angle will have to change, I guess. That could be tricky.

I always thought the reason they had to have Jabba so thin in ANH was because they had to figure out how to make Han walk behind him. Too big, and he couldn't step on his tale the way he does....

JMK
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:02:43 PM
I'm sure they could do whatever they wanted to now with computers. Hell, if it was too hard, they could re-do the entire scene, including Han in CG.