PDA

View Full Version : I Refer to the Prophecy of the One who will bring balance to the force

Oriadin
Jun 18th, 2002, 10:01:37 AM
I was just wondering if there was somewhere on the web that had the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force?

Any ideas?

Chase Starwalker
Jun 21st, 2002, 10:50:33 AM
Look no further....he has arrived! :)

But seriously, it would be cool to read about the whole prophecy thing...I'm sure somebodys got it tucked away on the net somewhere...

Oriadin
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:01:22 AM
You would think so. Id love to have a read but this post has been up for a couple of days now and your the first to reply. Doesnt look all that promising. Even Marcus hasnt posted with a link!

Chase Starwalker
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:15:25 PM
you know somethings not right when Marcus doesn't post up a link.....hmmm did you try searching for it on the net?

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2002, 07:15:36 PM
The reason you dont find anything is that the Balance has not been clearly explained.

What I personally htink is that its beings calling good evil and evil good. The concept of what is right and what is wrong is blurred and beings like Palpatine, who geniunely thought the Republic had to come down and the Empire begun for everyone's good will use evil means to achieve what would be a greater good.

Even the Jedi knew that the Republic needed a flush. But they stood aside and did nothing. The Jedi were arrogant and were wandering from what they should have been, too self obsesed and inward looking. They were good, yet they were doing evil in it's name. Evil not as in killing and stuff, but smply stepping aside and isolating themselves. If a mugger hits a little old lady, it is just as evil to stand aside and do nothing

I;ve really been only able to create that summary from wide sources - the big two being the TPM and AOTC novelisation.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:00:43 PM
I think Vader was that reset button in more than one way.

He basically cleaned the slate, and left something to start anew (Luke, duh.)

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:24:08 PM
I always looked at it as more of cleaning the scales and re-balancing everything out, in terms of Force distribution. The dark side is more powerful, or more seductive, because it is so concentrated into one or two users, a master and an apprentice. The light side is more spread out, but based more on tradition and rules than honest Force usage. Through Anakin's evil actions, he wipes everything away, and gives Force users to train more realistically, rather than based on an old dogma.

My take on it, anway. :]

Figrin D'an
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:13:16 AM
If you want some more info on the Prophecy, look around the net for some of the early drafts of the original trilogy, or information on the Journal of the Whills, which contains the Prophecy of the Son of Suns. Although it's not the "final" version that Lucas is going to put in the films, it's the basis for the legend of the Chosen One, and the bringing of Balance to the Force.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:33:07 AM
This is my view on the Prophecy

being idiots, the Jedi automatically think that the force is good.

The Force is nither, (in MY view) its like a dagger. It is niether good or evil, the users of the dagger make it do good or evil things.

Now, in a galaxy where Jedi still are arounding around (even with dwindling numbers) there idea of balance is someone who will make the Jedi Stronger... Wrong! To Bring Balance, you equal the sides, meaning, bringing in a bad dude strong enough to destroy the good and make it all even. Remember, the sun gives heat, and allows life to live, but, the sun produces this light by destroying, ripping up, other items. Destruction in its raw form.
Humans label things as good or evil. The Killing of animals is viewed as evil as soom. Yet, they praise a beautiful tree, which is murdering its neighbors, to allow itself to live.

The Force allows life to live, by destroying. Making it niether. Its Null, its the Dagger.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:13:48 AM
You lost me when you said Jedi are idiots. The Jedi Order were 10,000 generations old and it was only at the end did arrogance and blindness take over. I think they well understood the nature of the Force.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:59:58 AM
The Idiots part was my Sith Charachter peeping out in a OOC Talk, just ignore it

Roddy Two
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:56:23 AM
IMO, the "Balance" is the eradication of the Sith, which is in itself a perversion of the Force. Thus, like a Greek epic, the story of Skywalker goes full circle, from Anakin to Luke. Yet another reason why I hate the expanded universe...because of the whole "New Darksider #343" cliche'. For the purposes of telling the story the way its intended...the line of the Sith ends with Anakin's redemption and the death of the Emperor.

Chase Starwalker
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:32:44 PM
agreed.

Chase Starwalker
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:47:37 PM
I found this on The Sun of the Suns on a few webpages:

"And in the time of greatest dispair, ther shall come a savior, The Son of Suns."

The Prophecy you've been talking about is the Son of the Suns Prophecy, first said in The Journal of Whills (aka, George Lucas's first draft of Star Wars).

It goes like this: One day, a messiah, who is strong with the Force, will come and bring what has been lost and finally balance to the Force, ending a great time of despair. This is The Son of the Suns.

Son of Suns = Anakin Skywalker (Was raised on Tatooine, which of course has twin suns, thus he is the Son of the Suns.)

Just a little info I pulled from different website, hope you enjoy..:)

Ange Tot
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:17:22 PM
:huh

IMO, the force must always be balanced, like the Chinese/Japanese belief of Yin-Yang....In other words if all evil is whiped out a new much worst evil so show up, the same way with good...So when the Jedi were "wiped out" and Luke stared training to become one, he is the greater, more powerful, replacement of good, created to fill the void created when the former Jedi council was destroyed......

Or maybe I'm rambling.....

Sanis Prent
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:39:28 PM
If what you said was true, then the Jedi who knew of this prophecy would refuse to take any more padawans, since there are about 200,000 Jedi for every 1 Sith at the time of TPM.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:24:43 PM
The Force is definantly not Ying / Yang - there is not balance between good and evil.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:48:19 AM
I agree with Ange Tot and the Balancing Act.

Lets say, you're at the beach, you dig a giant hole in the ground. The sand you have dug, you dump up 10ft away from the hole.
The Tide comes in, rushing to fill this hole. The water keeps rising a good 20ft. The Next Day the tide has recided, and you see no evidence of the hole or mound of sand. Now, just apply "Good" to either the Sand or Water, and evil to the other. What ever you mark, remember, mark the Moon as Nature. For Nature itself is balance, and it will correct itself over time.
A perfect balance in which Our God has made.

Now, for the Star Wars Universe, the Force is life, which is nature. So, naturally, it will mimic its creater (Life Creates it)
and it becomes a balancer. Leave nature/life to its own designs, and it will continue for a very very very long time. Humans make the changes, they make the distrubances in the Force.

Vader, was Created by nature, to balance the tipped scales. To level the playing field. Luke was born to stop it from over balancing. It is the Wave, frantically trying to fix the things humans are messing up. The Wave is nature, which in turn was created by God.

Sanis Prent
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:46:52 AM
That = the most ludicrous thing I've heard from another human being that wasn't Hannibal Lechtor.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:57:20 AM
That was uncalled for, Sanis. He's placing an explaination that could be correct and I believe he deserves the right to a good reply. If you believe he was wrong, please, place your reasons forward, dont just pole axe him

Personally, I believe Roddy 2's explaination is the best so far.

Sanis Prent
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:59:24 AM
If you believe he was wrong, please, place your reasons forward

I did.

Personally, I believe Roddy 2's explaination is the best so far.

Right there.

Nathaniel Nore
Jun 26th, 2002, 07:16:49 AM
maybe one day Lucas will shed a little light on this and give us the prophecy from the man himself...untill then all we can do is speculate

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:46:45 PM
That = the most ludicrous thing I've heard from another human being that wasn't Hannibal Lechtor.

Ah, Thank you!

My whole arguement is based off a book series called the Death Gate Novels

In it, the book the 7th Gate (Or the Final Gate, don't remember)

they talk about how, after the splitting of the world into 4 seperate worlds, earth, land, air, fire. It also seperated Evil from people's thoughts, (bad side effect) Evil Created giant worm/snake creatures. The entire purpose of the snakes was to throw off the balance of the worlds and send everything into choas. The Wave (Nature) Responded to this evil by creating good dragons, to balance itself. Not to conquer and make the worlds good, but just to keep it even, and balanced.

Kack Mebuff
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:53:28 PM
Okay here's my take on the whole Prophecy ...

There is one who will bring balance to the Force (Anakin). At the time Anakin is brought into the story there is an overabundance of Jedi in comparison to Sith.

2 Sith to thousands of Jedi. So to bring balance to the Force Anakin will eliminate all the Jedi save 2 (Yoda and Obi-Wan) and then there will be balance. 2 Jedi (Yoda and Obi-Wan) and 2 Sith (Palpatine and Vader).

And notice when Obi-Wan dies Luke gets stronger and eventually replaces him still 2 Jedi to 2 Sith. Then Yoda dies and it goes to crap from there considering Vader and Palpatine die leaving only Luke.

Just my thoughts.

Sanis Prent
Jun 30th, 2002, 12:47:24 PM
So thats why all the Jedi are so hopeful that Anakin is the "Chosen One"?

So he can either:

A. Exterminate thousands of Jedi

or

B. Create thousands of Sith

so that there will be this thing of equal numbers and thus, "balance"

Balance != equal Jedi and equal Sith. That is more retarded than a red-headed stepchild that's breast-fed by a woman that wears lead-plated lingerie.

Oriadin
Jun 30th, 2002, 04:26:42 PM
Sanis has an excellent point here. The Jedi would never have trained Anakin if bringing the force into balance meant killing thousands of Jedi or creating thousands of sith.

This is my theory. The Jedi are the good guys, they preserve life and make sure peace remains in the galaxy. At this time the force is in balance. All of a sudden Darth Sidious pops up, twisting the senate gradually bringing caos and death to the galaxy. Now the force is out of balance. Given the intelegance and power of Sidious it isnt as simple as killing him. No one can get close to him and he is very mysterious. The profecy is talking about the one who can bring down Sidious, therefore bringing the force back into balance. However the task wasnt as simple as the people and indeed the Jedi would belive.

Before Anakin can bring balance to the force he joins the dark side. He joins Sidious which in turn brings more pain and suffering to the galaxy. The Jedi are almost wiped out completly and it seems the profecy was wrong. Now enter Luke who manages to fight against the dark side and bring his father back to the light. Anakin can now fullfill the profecy by killing Sidious. The Force has been brought back into balance.

I get the feeling im wittering. I would re-read it to make sure it makes sense but its late and I cant be bothered so if it doesnt then im sorry. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2002, 04:51:12 PM
Whichever theory is correct, one thing I know for sure - Balance has nothing to do with numbers of Sith = Jedi. That I definantly agree with.

Mixing Roddy 2 and Oriadin might be quite close.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:12:34 PM
Well, I don't think that the force was suddenly "out of balance". I think its been something the Jedi have dealt with for a very very long time. Thus, the prophecy is something that is well known, and promises the end to something that has a nearly endless duration...the existence of the Sith.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:25:54 AM
Hold up, hold up! Has anyone read the book for AOTC?? In the book no one reveals what bringing balance to the Force means. Obi-Wan sure as hell doesn't know, and if Mace or Yoda do, they're not telling.

So what if ... what if ... they DON'T know. What if they Jedi believe it's a good thing, but it's really not. Just a thought. That's all.

And anyway, it's just a theory I have been throwing around. It doesn't mean it's right.

Oriadin's theory is good too.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Yoda knows, but I wonder why he isnt telling. From the novel, I get the hint Yoda knows a lot more than he is letting on and in fact is letting some things happen. One thing I am sure is that Yoda thinks things have gone wrong with the Jedi and the Republic. I wonder what exactly Yoda knows. I'm sure he at least suspects Palpatine now.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:06:19 AM
But can you kinda see where I'm coming from now?

(and Sanis, please, try not to be so rude.)

Sanis Prent
Jul 1st, 2002, 12:35:07 PM
Thats just the way I am. Nothing personal.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:01:47 PM
Okay, cool man, thanks for clearin' that up.

Peace.

Figrin D'an
Jul 1st, 2002, 05:11:15 PM
I don't think the Jedi are clueless as to the meaning of the prophecy. They may not know everything that the prophecy will yield, but the certainly have a good idea of it's meaning. I will agree, however, that Yoda knows a lot more than he is letting on. Yoda seems to have a much greater ability to see the future than any other Jedi... even though he says, "The Dark Side clouds everything... impossible to see the future is," it still seems that he knows something that no one else does.

Anakin does indeed bring balance to the Force, he just doesn't accomplish it until ROTJ, and he needed his son to help return him to the Light so he could do so. The big "monkey wrench" in the prophecy is not that the Jedi don't understand the true meaning, it's that the Chosen One falls the Dark Side and causes so much pain and suffering before he finally returns to the light to fulfill his destiny.

Oriadin
Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:43:29 AM
I think that sums up what I was trying to say Figrin. Thanks!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:16:26 AM
lol, Kack, your view is almost exactly what mine was.

And I just thought of something, maybe when they say balance to the force, they not just talking about people who have force abilities. What if they also include the people of the universe?
Corruption reigned in the senate, they showed us that fact. But what if people in general, in the universe had been corrupted? What if it looked like the downfall of civilization? That corruption, would of drained the power of the Light Side of the Force, and gave power to the Dark Side.

Kack Mebuff
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:47:11 AM
I definitely see what you're saying. Sorta of an expansion of my theory! Great! :D