PDA

View Full Version : The Arcan IV House of Blues

Sanis Prent
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:36:38 PM
(It was a slow night at the bar, and I arrived in dubious shape and form. Whiskey hung on my breath like an afterthought, and my eyes shifted from side to side like a shark in a chum cloud. At the corner of the room, a dim lamp illuminated an old guitar, resting across a chair in front of a microphone. Apparently, it was amateur's night, and the seat had been open for ages. I smiled cattily...wondering if I had something on my brain besides idle-thoughts born out of intoxication. I slid down to the seat, tuning away at the guitar as I looked around. With a gruff clearing of my throat, I winced against the irritating light)

You'll have to excuse me, I haven't done this in a while.

(A few rough chords, and a loose, wailing rhythm began to scratch out like an old bird dog's howl, haggard and beautiful at the same time.)

I got a two hundred credit tatoo, from an old flame that left me blue,
But Whiskey, she's been good to me, its more than I can say about you.
You're a liar and a tramp, and I got my just desserts.
But its seeing my reflection through hungover eyes that hurts.
So I'm packin up my things, and I'm ridin out again.
Cause I'd rather be broken-hearted and free, than married in the penn.

You took the keys to my heart, and kicked the door wide open.
The locksmith's out for lunch today, so my only cure is tokin'.
I got a nasty habit, but I'm not sure which is which.
Cause the drugs will be the death of me, but you'll always be a bitch.
Well I'll never be a preacher man, so don't let my words condemn.
But my crime is nowhere big enough for both marriage and the penn.

(I kicked in a wailing guitar riff, set to tempo by the tapping of my feet. When it finally came back down into the beat of the song, I smiled. I forgot how much fun this was)

Met a girl the other day, and caught a whiff of Deja Vu,
Her curves were like a roadmap, and she drove as deadly as you.
Well I'd think I'd learn my lesson, but the booze'll wash away
Another night's regretful fling, and all will be okay.
But I got that certain feeling, I'm gonna go around again.
But I like women too much for marriage, but not enough for the penn!

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:54:40 PM
There was a man singing in the corner, and after staring at him for a while through hazy, slightly drunk vision, I recognized him. Sanis... something... I thought to myself. He had given me the credit of watching my dance, and I thought I'd return the favor. Or the embarrassment, whichever way you looked at a public display of talent.

I placed my chair a few meters back, facing him as he sang out a tale of love and betrayal, one that sounded so heart-wrenching I would have cried without something to preoccupy me, like my half-drunk glass of... whatever it was. I took a drink, and let his blues speak to me.

Sanis Prent
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:10:38 PM
(I flashed an appreciative smile across to Ryla, as I drank down my double of Maker's Mark, wetting my whistle for another song, as soon as I could remember how it went)

Sanis Prent
Jun 19th, 2002, 01:11:13 PM
Oh Lordy help me, for I know I have sinned.
I left my baby, and now I'm gone again.
Oh she's my darling, and did me no wrong,
But I can't fall in love, with the blues this strong.
I want to believe,
But I'm a heartbreakin' thief,
And there's nowhere to run with two creds of fuel and a catchy song.

Left a note on the bed, said I gotta go.
Said baby don't cry now, cause I told you so,
Cause I ain't Mr. Right, you knew all along,
My crime's stealin' love, and my rap sheet's long.
It's love at first sight,
But like a thief in the night,
I'm gone out the door with two creds of fuel and a catchy song.

(Beads of sweat formed like somber stormclouds on my brow as I picked the guitar strings, making a sound as sweet as honey but bitter as bourbon. The smoke in the room mingled with the local lighting, producing ghosts in the back of my mind)

They call me Bandito, or so I've heard.
I'm hunted and hated, but its all deserved.
Gone cross the border, won't come back soon.
But when that time comes, I can still make you swoon.
Its the game I play,
For a roll in the hay,
Cruisin' heart to heart with two creds of fuel and a catchy song.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:08:55 PM
His song winded down and the others watching gave him a sprinkling of applause. I looked him over with a inquisitive gaze, and leaned in to ask him a question. "What are you doing here, singing these sad songs. What woman did you wrong?" I winked at him and took another sip from my glass.

Ryu Warusa
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:38:07 PM
The light sweet smelly smoke burned his eyes and soothed his throat as he asked the bartender for another drink. He sighed as he recieved the drink and lit another cigarette. It had been quite a while since he had last had a relaxing smoke and the music helped soothe his tired soul even more. Even though the singer was tone deaf.. well what could he expect on amateur night.

"More sake, barkeep." he drunkily spoke.

"How many times do I have to tell you, there is no sake. Here take this rum instead."

"Alright alright... sheesh." Ryu took another puff from his cig then began to empty another glass.

Kack Mebuff
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:11:24 PM
Kack waited for Sanis to finish his song, then approached the make-shift stage. "Mind if I join in your little jam?" Kack smiled warmly.

"Sure," Sanis said as Kack picked up the other electro-guitara, and slung the stap over his shoulder. Sanis swung the mic over to Kack and prepared to play along.

Kack adjusted the mic to his height and cleared his throat and began to sing ...

The boy lived a good life,
Not a problem at all.
But soon things would change,
And not for the best.

He went off to serve,
For his planet he did fight,
But something was wrong,
He did not return on that night.

Something wasn't quit right,
Something was too amiss,
Something was far too wrong,
A fear she could not dismiss.

Her baby would not return home,
Would not be held in his mother's arms,
She could not protect him,
Protect him protect him from harm.

There is nothing that could erase,
A mother's cheeks stained by the tears,
Except for the return of her son,
To ease her thoughts to ease her fears.

The Force is with her,
The Force will help her.
Are you with her?
Will you help her?
Help her, please,
Help her, please,
Help . . .
Help . . .

There is nothing that could erase,
A mother's cheeks stained by the tears,
Except for the return of her son,
To ease her thoughts to ease her fears.

Kack finished and bowed. He felt a tear run down his face.

OOC: I actually wrote that song, just replace planet with country and The Force with God.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:38:25 PM
s'Il leaned back against the bar, her elbows propped up as she listened to Prent. Strangely enough his words spoke to her through the haze of bodies and constant hum of voices that never seemed to quit.

His voice and the aged guitar strings matched each other perfectly, and she let a slight smile grace her features as she continued to sit and listen.

One wonders what else you can do, Mr. Prent, she thought idly.

Turning back to face the bar, she leaned over and pulled a bottle of sake from under the counter as the barkeep strolled off in the opposite direction to take care of a customer on the other side of the bar. s'Il smiled at the man who'd just been given a rum.

"Don't listen to that mynock sniffer; he's got sake, though I'm pretty much the only one who drinks it, so he doesn't bring it out usually."

Retrieving two small sake cups, she poured a drink for herself and the stranger, and sliding one cup over to him, she picked up hers and took a sip while turning back around to watch as a stranger joined Prent and began to sing.

Interesting...

Azure Regalia
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:52:45 PM
Her tail wrapped lightly around her ankle, the Bounty Hunter sat at a lone table near the wall. There were no other chairs at the small table save for the one she sat at. The only items on the table were the small flickering candle at the center, her drink barely untouched in front of her, and her two elbows propped on the wooden top. As for the expression on her face, one could describe it as brooding. Nothing but simple and quiet brooding as she stared off into seemingly nothingness.

Yet, though one would not know it, she had listened to the songs being sung. Somehow it wasn't grating to her ears. Instead it helped her to think... to brood.

Ryu Warusa
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:54:35 PM
He grabbed the small cup that was gliding down the bar and lifted it up to the young woman on the other side of the bar.

"Thank you" he said to her then he gave a stern look to the bartender. "No sake, eh?"

The sake was good, it tasted sweet to the pallete and went down much more smoothly than rum. There is a saying that when you feel good and everything is going well around you that sake will taste good to you, if you feel bad then it will not. The sake hadn't tasted this good in a long time. He turned to face the two musicians.

The music wasn't that bad now that the other had joined, though they sang such sad songs. He started thinking of home and of Luna.

Dae Jinn
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:59:26 PM
*Daetana Jinn had been crawling, literally, from bar to bar, a half-empty bottle of vodka in one hand, when she came upon Ryu. She vaguely remembered him from before, and smiled drunkenly at him.*

You're Rye..er..something or other....*laughs, and slips onto his lap, arms slipping around his neck.*

Um...what cha been up to?

Kack Mebuff
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:14:03 PM
Kack waited for the small applause to die down before he started into his next song ... it was kind of pretty, yet sad ...

This emptiness,
Consumes my soul,
This hatred,
Engulfs me whole.
Destroyed by fear,
Hostage by hate,
My redemption,
Is unheard of.

I need some reason to be,
And you've given that to me,
You're all I need,
To continue to be.

Impossible,
To continue on,
Unless this,
Life changes.
Then suddenly,
It becomes clear
You are my,
Reason to live.

And you've given that to me,
You're all I need,
To continue to be.

Reason to be,
Reason to live,
You let me be,
You let me live.
Reason to be,
Reason to live,
You let me be,
You let me live.

And you've taken that from me,
You're all I need,
To continue to be.

OOC: All the songs I post in this thread are mine. (So no stealin' 'em!)

Dae Jinn
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:17:22 PM
ooc. very nice. :D

Kack Mebuff
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:12:32 AM
OOC: thanks much :D

Dae Jinn
Jun 21st, 2002, 06:52:51 PM
OOC. no problem :D

Kack Mebuff
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:38:38 PM
"Alright guys, this is my last song, then I'm gonna give the mic back to Sanis," Kack said, "alright, I figured I'd give you guys at least one happy song before I go ..." Kack tuned the electro-guitara. "The tuning song," Kack chuckled, "this last song is called 'Pick Me Up' ..."

Thanks to all of you,
For being there for me,
When I needed you the most,
You never did flee.

I owe you so much,
I could never repay,
How do you put a price,
On every day?

And so I write this song,
Given to my best friends of all,
You help keep me strong,
You pick me up when I fall.

Without you all,
I'd be so lost,
You saved me from death,
Even at your own cost.

I love everyone of you,
From deep in my heart,
You've become like family,
Like you've been there from the start.

And so I write this song,
Given to my best friends of all,
You help keep me strong,
You pick me up when I fall.

Most thanks go out,
To my best friend Xaz,
Without you girl,
I'd be livin' in hell.

But thanks to you all,
You mean so much to me,
You've given me life,
And helped set me free.

Kack bowed set the guitara down and hopped off the stage.

Ryu Warusa
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:02:46 PM
"You are?" he gazed curiously at the woman on his lap. She seemed oddly familiar, like they had met before somewhere long ago. He stared deeply into her eyes and shuck his head. It had been a long time, at least three years since the first time they met. No wonder he didn't recognize her, she had changed....

"You're that woman from the bar on Artan IV."

He tried to move her to the barstool next to him. He didn't like anyone getting so close to him anymore, it leaves too large an opening for an attack, physcial or otherwise. Now don't get him wrong, its not that he doesn't like women, its just that he didn't trust them. He didn't trust anyone...

Dae Jinn
Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:06:35 PM
*Slips off his lap, a hand reaching out and taking his. She smiled sweetly*
Yeah, that's me...a bit different now...*laughs*
Come and dance with me.