PDA

View Full Version : Ambidexterous Lightsabre training (OPEN)

Anduri1
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:01:22 PM
Anduril looked happily at his two new lightsabres. He probably should not have spent as much as he did on them but he wanted ones like the ones he had on Trinity.

He looked to his right hand. He had called it Anor, for it had a duel white and yellow crystal and glowed like the hottest sun in Trinity. Letting the blade slowly retract he saw the sheen of white light with the tiny, subtle centre of gold. It was light but had a perfect sized grip so he was able towield it properly. He spun it 180 degrees on his palm in mid swing and then switched back, smiling to himself.

Then he looked to his left hand. This one he had called Ithil for it was silver and shone like the moon of the planet he had lived on. He let the blade retract quickly this time and did a swing round his head then under his legs, jumping in mid air.

He stopped suddenly. Putting Anor away he looked closely at Ithil. He put away the blade and retracted it. There it was again! A tiny glimmer of darkness in the beam. But it was not the absence of light, it was something altogether more strange. He had heard about it in a bar once. An old man was telling him how he had once seen this light. "The Light Fantastic" he had called it.
He said that it was the eighth colour of the spectrum which had no name. It was emmited from Octrion, the rarest crystal in the galaxy.

Anduril retracted the blade again. Then he looked closely at the crystal. It was silver alright but there was something there. A tiny speck of black material that reflected the light of void.

"The light fantastic," he whispered to himself in wonder. Then he smiled. "I bet the shop keeper would be kicking himself if he knew what this was. Ah well," he said as he retracted Anor.

He then began to continue to spar with his invisible opponent again.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:49:21 PM
Corin walked up to Anduril and offered him his hand.

"Hello, my name is Corin Zetith. those are two fine weapons you got yourself there. real beauties!"

"hey, are you in here looking for a spar? because i would be happy to train with you if you are."

Anduri1
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:41:41 AM
Anduril turned to Corin and smiled.

"I am indeed Corin, however, have you been trained before with a sabre, or with dual sabres for I would feel more comfortable if I used both of mine at once."

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:17:37 PM
"well if you dont mind i would like to use just hand to hand combat. the only saber i have is my fathers old relic and i only use it when i absolutely have to."

"i prefer my own physical strength and cunning over a piece of machinery. i know a lightsaber is much more than that to a jedi, but i have this sense of self reliance that has run in my blood since i was born. the lightsaber itself has only benn turned on twice by my ancestors. my great grandsire i was told used it when he fought a sith lord by the name of Darth Galadious, and my father used it to defend me my mother-who at the time bore me in her womb-from a dathomirian witch. those are the only two times i know of that it was ever used. when training i use a low power imitation of a lightsaber, and im a horrible swordsman at that."

OOC: Srry if you want a saber battle he can leave or he can go get the sparring saber. whatever i dont care im just here to train with somebody.

Anduri1
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:45:17 AM
Anduril looks at Corin.

"Hmm. Well I have not tained at all in swordmanship, but I would have a sabre battle with you. There are some sparring sabres over there by the wall, why dont you try one for size."

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:33:19 AM
Cori nodded and walked over to the training sabers. all the blades being a traditional blue he grabbed the midsized one and walked back to Anduril.

"Shall we begin?"

He put the sword up not really in any position to fight with but he wasnt really trained to well in that field anyway. he thought it would suffice until he actually asked his roomy Sejah for some lessons.

Anduri1
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:12:14 AM
Anduril nodded.

"Sure, but do you wish for me to use two sabres or one. I'd feel more comfortable with two but if you want me to use one thats fine..."

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:42:06 PM
"whatever suits you friend anduril."

Corin really would love to fight somebody in a kickboxing match but didnt know many people who knew that style. and he needed extra saber training anyways.

Anduri1
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:19:05 AM
Anduril walked up to Corin and stopped about two metres in frount of him. He powered down both his sabres to the same level as Corin. Then, taking up a classic (but slightly flashy) defensive pose with his left sabre up straight in frount of him and his right sabre was above his head parrallel to the ground, he stood motionless.

Suddenly, dummying with his left sabre he swung his right one round in an arc, being careful to defend his flank and front from a counter attack.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:09:35 PM
Corin's reflexes kicked in quickly and he parried the wide arch. and sent grounded roundhouse at Anduril's legs.

Anduri1
Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:52:01 AM
Anduril didn't expect a sweep but he managed to backflip out of the way. Pausing for a moment, he spun round bringing his left sabre round inches away from his opponents chest, then, spinning again he brought around his right sabre with great momentum.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:33:21 AM
Corin faed back from the first saber and was about to block the second when he decided not to. he turned his saber off ducking under the blade as he did so sending anduril still spinning awkwardly at nothing. he took a full swing around with his right foot out in front aimed at Anduril's midsection.

Anduri1
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:25:22 AM
Anduril noticed Corin's swipe and used the momentum of his sabre to do a sideways sumersalt over Corin's attack. He then aimed for Corin's exposed side.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 24th, 2002, 07:29:10 AM
Corin brought the sparring saber back around and had just enough time to unsteadily parry the blow from Anduril he stumbled and fell to the ground. somersaulting through the fall he came back up in a rising cloud of dust much of which covered his emerald green jedi robes.

Anduri1
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:01:31 AM
Noting Corin's confusion, Anduril took the chance of using both his sabres to do a frountal attack, aiming straight forward to hit both Corin's unprotected arm and his leg.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:35:12 PM
Corin blocked the saber aimed for his leg. but was grazed by the second, which shaved off some skin with its passing. Corin grunted in pain but kept fighting. knowing his sparring partner would not br ready for an attack so soon after Corin being scraped by the saber he took his opportunity. he blocked the first saber hard and sent a his knees both up towards Anduril exposed front side. Blood streamed from his wound like a river but the pain was all but forgotten when he was in the middle of the fight.

Anduri1
Jun 25th, 2002, 12:46:57 AM
Anduril didn't see the knee's coming and fell backwards when hit. He managed to roll backwards on to his feet again but he had had a large knock to his lower back.

Regaining concentration, he brought his left hand dsabre down on Corin's right shoulder.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:23:16 AM
Corin ducked the shoulder attack or tried to, but to no avail. the saber sheared through another few layers of skin on his shoulder too. he stumbled backward blood gushing from his shoulder and the wound on his leg had begun to crust over with dirt and hard blood, leaving a blackish red bloody trail down his leg to his feet.

Anduri1
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:54:26 AM
Anduril notes the pain of his friend and pauses.

"You wish to continue?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:25:56 PM
Corin smiles through his pain and looks at Anduril

"Bring it!"

OOC: hey do you have a bio i can read?

Anduri1
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:30:21 PM
ooc: no i dont. If you want a short one goto my thread with Basquian in the academy.

Anduril smiles.

Feighning a right had slash to the face, he brings his other sabre round aiming for his opponents arm.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:22:13 AM
Croin was ready this time and he did a back flip batting Anduril's saber aside as he did so, when he landed he came around in a horizontal slash at Anduril midrift.

Anduri1
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:46:24 AM
Anduril caught his opponents sabre with both his own and pushed it back, only stopping once the sabres were inches away from Corin's neck.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:33:44 AM
Corin let his opponent keep pushing him back. back until he was almost up to the wall of the training grounds. he back stepped twice and twisted around towards the wall he jumped up planting his feet against the wall and he pushed off doing a somersault over Anduril head he landed behind the other padawan. Swinging at Andurils left shoulder as he did so.

Anduri1
Jun 27th, 2002, 10:52:37 AM
Ducking the high shot, Anduril did a long swing to his opponent behiend him.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:46:47 PM
Corin quickly brought Elise around to block the shot to his back and backflipped over Anduril's blades. He then came on fast laying out a crisscross pattern in front of him with his blade all the while running at Anduril. His shoulder was burning madly but he had never backed out of a fight and he wasnt about to stop now...its either win or go until he couldnt go anymore.

OOC: hey anduril i have to go to a youth coference for three days but i might be able to post once more before i go, and i will deffinitely post as soon as i get back .

Anduri1
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:28:39 AM
ooc: ok

Anduril parried Corin's shot then aimed a sweep between Corin's shoulders, just below his neck.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:38:09 PM
Still using his pattern with his saber he blocked the shot and kept coming at Anduril jabbing and thrust, all the while Anduril blocking and parrying. sweat was pouring down the duelers faces but neither would let up until the other did. so what was there to do but to continue. after a few minutes of thrust and parrys from both combatants Corin started to feint backward trying to lure Anduril into the thinking he was letting down his guard. he backed off letting Anduril take the next shots.

OOC: Srry thought id speed things up a bit. you should do it too. My conference was awesome!!:D

Anduri1
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:04:12 AM
ooc: thats cool

Seeing that Corin expected him to attack, Anduril kept his distance waiting for Corin to make the next move.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 1st, 2002, 09:27:13 PM
Corin stayed his ground and spoke

"this was be so much easier if you were just a dumb brick! ive fought other padawans like you and i who walked straight into that."

now that he had stopped fighting he could really feel the sharp intense burning in his leg and shoulder.

OOC: i like your bio, its interesting.......if you wanna read up on Corin its in the jedi bio forum called "Corin Zetith's Story"

Anduri1
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:13:54 AM
ooc: Thanks! Yeah, i might do that

Anduril laughs, and smiling says:

"If the other padawan's walked straight into that then they can't be that much like me. If you want, we could do some training together, teaching eachother. I find sparring gets a bit to monotonous, don't you think?

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:58:10 PM
Corin looked at his cuts and searings. He looked up at Anduril and smiled.

"Yeah, expecially when it is your first time training w/a lightsaber and also the first time to fight against two blades! Why dont we go get cleaned up and then head on over to the grill. sound good?"

OOC: Hey Anduril go to the post in Bar and Grill it will say BLah BLah Blah-Anduril on it. see ya there.

Anduri1
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:46:44 AM
ooc: lol ok

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:45:40 PM
OOC: post is called

Chattin' and Drinkin'-open(and Anduril)