PDA

View Full Version : Sig Shrinkage

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:21:13 AM
Could someone please shrink this image down to acceptable SWFans size?
<center>
http://conclave.clanpages.com/siga.jpg

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:36:47 AM
I'm a bit confused about what you mean. The file size, or the image's height/width? Because the size of the image is huge..

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:40:35 AM
Wash the signature in hot water. If it's wool, it will shrink nicely.

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:21:00 AM
You're not a member of TSO.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:33:33 AM
I would have thought cold water would be good for shrinkage.

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:05:00 AM
I could almost thank you Visc

I am a member of TSO, keep track ol' buddy ol' pal....

Maybe you should follow my joining thread, I realize it went on for a year and a half, but I was finally accepted.

and what the hey does pwned mean? Ill have you know I worked to be a Sith Master under such names as Thrawn (Original played a sith master chiss, you and I both now how wrong that was, but eh he was) and Itala (So sue me, he sucks donkey balls but he was still a sith master)

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:12:52 AM
O_o You...brag about that last part, Gue?

Hmn. Someone's been snacking on a bit too many paint chips.

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:30:53 AM
No, it wasnt braging, its just that even though he was a complete -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, he was still a sith master I trained under

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:58:58 AM
So it seems you are.

Could you point us all in the direction of the thread where someone promoted you to the rank of Sith Master? It must have been years ago, seeing as how you obviously possess force skills greater than those of even Emperor Palpatine.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:15:42 AM
Palpatine was a weakling.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:46:49 AM
Palpy was a helluva vision user. He saw just about everything but his own demise.

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:49:53 AM
It really doesn't matter whether or not you put Sith Master in your signature - people won't take notice of it unless they consider it legit anyway.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:51:20 AM
Then people should change what they call Palapatine, he wasn't a Sith Master. He was an Oracle, a powerful Oracle.

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:01:55 PM
Having put three years work into it, having trained Gue from less than a padawan, im not gonna take away my own master status cuase I cant locate a thread.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:21:34 PM
Gue, you have to understand this: In the world of RPGs, if you can't prove it, then it didn't happen. Now, if you can find a few people that can testify on your behalf, then you should get them to speak up.

There are a lot of other people who have been working on their characters for just as long and hard, and perhaps even more. Most of them can prove their rank as being well deserved.. So you should be able to find some way to do the same.

Breldun Vedas
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:25:49 PM
Do you even have a link to your Lord promotion thread? Or Knight? Or any of them??

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:39:25 PM
Well since all my force attainments were made under long dead groups it would be hard to even find the boards it occured on let alone the posts themselves. Besides, I will not have my Mastery of the force questioned, if you doubted me then perhaps you should have questioned it when I first declared myself as achieving the rank of Sith Master!

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:05:30 PM
GAWD! :headache

I told Gue he could be a part of TSO again so long as he abhered to the rules. I also told him if he so much as tripped, he was dead. Easy enough to remember, and he accepted.

As to his rank, because he has been around for so damn long AND been in numerous RPs, I don't see why he can't be a Master. but if some of you want proof, then why not test him instead of this whole "no your not a Master"-"yes you are a Master". I hate bickering as much as I hate treachery.

And I realise this thread was originally meant for sig shrinkage, but for the sake of the OOC stuff here, and seeing as how this isn't TSO, I request this thread be moved to the OOC thread at TSO. It really has no place here after it was botched.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:13:19 PM
Gue, what font did you use for the text down the right of your sig?

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:25:03 PM
Bernard MT Condensed

I told Gue he could be a part of TSO again so long as he abhered to the rules. I also told him if he so much as tripped, he was dead. Easy enough to remember, and he accepted.

Umm, did I make a mistake? Do something wrong?

BTW, Ive been in a 5 min convo with Kat Kariena thinkin she was LV, lol

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:34:33 PM
I don't have that font, sorry. Closest I could get to that was Impact. When I reduced the size of your sig, the light grey colour of the text was just not clear enough. I changed it to white so it still matches the colour scheme and is more visible and is now within SWFans. Net sig size regulations.

<CENTER>http://www.andrew-milligan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/guesig.jpg</CENTER>

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:40:42 PM
thankies much, owe ya

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:44:03 PM
:lol I'm everywhere Gue, but not THAT everywhere! :p

And, no, you haven't done anything yet. But I give those rules to everyone that joins. I'm a strict bitch when it comes to TSO and the family therein. :)

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:01:22 PM
lol, then why say them again like im dead?

Jehova Eaven
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:06:04 PM
I heard no such rules.

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:15:31 PM
They're mostly a spoken rule of don't screw TSO and those within won't screw you.

I seem to remember LW having set up some written rules along with my help and some others. I'll ask her about them. It's high time we posted them up.

Live Wire
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:43:37 PM
yeah I still have the written rules that I had edited up to everyone specifications. I'll make sure that they get up as the official rules of tso.

And I dont want to hear any more bitching about gue being in tso or his rank. The matter is closed and I will be VERY VERY unhappy if it is brought up again. Am I clear?

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:07:32 PM
That sounds rather bossy!

Live Wire
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:12:57 PM
yeah it was meant to be that way.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:55:31 PM
:\

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2002, 05:03:21 PM
Goooooo LW!

You want to borrow my frying pan?

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2002, 05:33:15 PM
:lol

Between LW borrowing Marcus' frying pan and me with my hammer, TSO can be a very dangerous place to join right now if you're in the mood for arguing. :lol

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 06:22:50 PM
I have one golden rule: Leave your attitude at the door before entering.

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:52:07 PM
Golden Rule:

If your a guy, you best be wearing some pants, or at the very least old fashioned long red underwear when entering my house. If your a woman, everythings cool....

Cizerack Hunter Forces
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:04:26 PM
(Feline mob storms in, devours Gue alive, and leaves) :cat

Morgan Evanar
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:13:38 PM
Hooray and thank the fux!

Lord Gue
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:04:17 PM
Just remember, i give you major gas and horrible indegestion...

You'll be poopin in front lawns for weeks....

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:10:04 AM
No, you're very certainly NOT clear. The rank of Sith Master is a big deal, and it shouldn't be tossed about with such frequency that Gue, at his current state, can claim it. Just as I opposed Dagger when he claimed that he had obtained the rank of Sith Grandmaster (he claimed he was greater than all other masters), I will oppose this. It flies completely in the face of the common sense rule, and I must say that your dictatorial "My way or die" manner isn't really helping to convince anyone that he's a Sith Master either.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:12:31 AM
Let him have it, its not like he really uses it on anyone.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 18th, 2002, 04:08:10 PM
Originally posted by Arlenia Tavira
No, you're very certainly NOT clear. The rank of Sith Master is a big deal, and it shouldn't be tossed about with such frequency that Gue, at his current state, can claim it. Just as I opposed Dagger when he claimed that he had obtained the rank of Sith Grandmaster (he claimed he was greater than all other masters), I will oppose this. It flies completely in the face of the common sense rule, and I must say that your dictatorial "My way or die" manner isn't really helping to convince anyone that he's a Sith Master either.

I tried to warn ya, LW. :|

Live Wire
Jun 18th, 2002, 05:32:56 PM
My post was directed at TSO members. If someone outside of tso decides to bitch I dont have to listen to them. Simple as that. I've put up with this BS every time gue's name is brought up. Quite frankly most of the problems surrounding him seem to be come from other people. Gue has chosen to accept the terms that come with admission to TSO and he will follow them or die just as with any other member or TSO. At tso people have time and time been given the option to discuss gue's admitance and nothing ever comes of it. So the decision was made and thats that. If gue shows that he is not worthy of the rank then he can be demoted by TSO. If someone doesnt like it thats fine. But as of yet I have not heared any substantial reason to reverse the decision.

Everyone acts like gue is being given special treatment and I assure you he is not. Hes subject to the rules just like everyone else and this is the last post I want to have to make on this matter. if you dont like it please bitch quietly.

Daegal Murdoch
Jun 18th, 2002, 05:42:25 PM
Well, I have been here for a year and a half, and to be honest, I have never, ever seen Gue in one non-fleet thread. And I read and keep up with most every thread in RPing and Storytelling. Perhaps he could provide some evidence so that people could stand behind your ruling of him being a Sith Master? Just as you don't have to listen to anyone bitch, we don't have to acknowledge him IC as a Sith Master... The door swings both ways, and it might be in his best interest for him to provide at least some evidence. I'm not trying to hang anyone, but as was said earlier, Sith Master is not something to toss about lightly.

And with all due respect, if I choose to bitch, I will do so loud and proud. :)

Live Wire
Jun 18th, 2002, 05:46:21 PM
I've said my piece, I've said how tso is dealing with the gue matter. That is all.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 18th, 2002, 06:03:21 PM
To be honest though, why Gue? Why just Gue?

I wouldn't say everyone else is perfect and although I don't keep up with everything, I have to say in this instance he who is without sin cast the first stone. I do get the impression some are trying to feed fat their grudges and it's starting to get petty.

This is a roleplaying board, we are a friendly community not the Spanish Inquisition. Take all this interrogating elsewhere for the sake of not making this place tedious and uncomfortable.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 18th, 2002, 06:19:40 PM
Quite frankly most of the problems surrounding him seem to be come from other people.

I agree, most of you seem to have some OOC issues that I think you should resolve outside of the boards. I personally have never had a problem with Gue nor anyone else on the boards. In fact I avoid most of you because I am afraid of getting drawn into some sort of OOC war.

And with all due respect, if I choose to bitch, I will do so loud and proud.

Bitch elsewhere, its not welcome here.

Dwayne Hicks
Jun 18th, 2002, 06:42:16 PM
If TSO have a) Allowed Gue in and b) accepted him as a Sith Master then it is absolutly no one else's business to query what they have done. The TSO have good standards and if they see him as a Sith Master... then that's the end of the discussion.

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:09:49 PM
Just Gue? That's false.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16077

I do that every time I come across a situation like this.

When you declare that you're a Sith Master, in effect you're saying to all people of lesser rank that in a battle, you will be able to RP having an advantage against them. This means it's everyone's business.

Loki, I'm sorry but you are wrong. When it comes to letting someone take the trials and pass through to the rank of Sith Master, it's very much an inquisition. When were Gue's trials conducted? The rank of Sith Master is not something that's given based on the benefit of the doubt-IT IS EARNED. To say otherwise on behalf of TSO belittles the entire group.

Gav Mortis
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:15:01 PM
Sorry, I may sound arrogant but I have grown fed up with Gue-bashing and as a result, I really don't care about this. I don't come to this place to constantly bicker so I respectfully withdraw myself from this discussion.

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:21:04 PM
This has nothing to do with Gue bashing. It has to do with keeping things kosher. Everyone else in this community is making sacrifices to better the RPing situation, and here comes TSO, proclaiming loudly and in a no-nonsense fashion that they have another Master. I'm sorry, but this board is going to be made a better place through humility and a spirit of compromise, not through the spawning of unfounded Sith Masters who claim to be able to use force storms.

Daegal Murdoch
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:22:23 PM
I agree, most of you seem to have some OOC issues that I think you should resolve outside of the boards. I personally have never had a problem with Gue nor anyone else on the boards. In fact I avoid most of you because I am afraid of getting drawn into some sort of OOC war.

I have no problems with Gue. In fact, I've never bashed him before, and I've never roleplayed with him. I am merely asking questions. I am entitled to do that as long as I'm not breaking any of the rules of the board.

Bitch elsewhere, its not welcome here.

I will post whatever I want here as long as it is not breaking the rules. If it's not welcome, then I am sure that Mr. Green or one of the other staff members will PM me about it.

accepted him as a Sith Master then it is absolutly no one else's business to query what they have done. The TSO have good standards and if they see him as a Sith Master... then that's the end of the discussion.

It is most certainly not the end of the discussion. The community as a whole has a right to be involved in this. If I were to go into a thread with Gue and he were to smash my character (As a Sith Master would) I would be very upset if I had seen no proof of his rank.

Sorry, I may sound arrogant but I have grown fed up with Gue-bashing and as a result, I really don't care about this. I don't come to this place to constantly bicker so I respectfully withdraw myself from this discussion.

I do concur with how you came across. Your points have merit, I must give you that, but I believe that mine, as well as Arlenia's, do, also.

This has nothing to do with Gue bashing. It has to do with keeping things kosher. Everyone else in this community is making sacrifices to better the RPing situation, and here comes TSO, proclaiming loudly and in a no-nonsense fashion that they have another Master. I'm sorry, but this board is going to be made a better place through humility and a spirit of compromise, not through the spawning of unfounded Sith Masters who claim to be able to use force storms.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Serena Laran
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:39:05 PM
I have been RPing for almost two years at the rank of Knight.

I am just now taking my final Master test (having already passed one that I have decreed too wimpy as my character was pregnant at the time). Once I pass there will be no DOUBT that I as a RPer can handle this rank. I will also be able to point and say "Look, here I passed the trials. I am a Master! Now bow your neck to me!" j/k about that last bit.

If you want to promote Gue to Master, please conduct a trial, or show equivalent RPs that will show us his worth to be a master. Please?

edit: oops didn't read page two. Still, I have nothing against Gue, honestly, but if you don't want people to bitch then can't we just point to some RPs and say," look here he has shown that he can weild the strength of a Sith Master?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:50:58 PM
It is most certainly not the end of the discussion. The community as a whole has a right to be involved in this

No.... the community does not. It is up to the groups in question to certify a Master. If I, as the person who certifies a Jedi Master believes someone is up to the standard, then GJO votes on my recommendation and they certify. It is soley up to GJO to say who is can be called a GJO Jedi Master. Not you. Not the community as a whole. It's however quite true that those I test and put forward without reservations, there is no doubt on their suitability.

I see Gue under the same light. TSO wants to certify? Fine. Their call. I have no right to query as it is solely up to them to decide the issue.

Sorry man, but this is a TSO issue, not a SWForums issue. You guys disputing really should take it up with TSO in their forum and question it there. I really dont want to be an ass, but TSO really do have the rights as I have outlined.

My personal opinion..... well..... not applicable in this case. Whether it seems wrong or unfair or if you dont like the call, TSO have the right to have who they want with any rank they want. Just like GJO. Or TBH. Or TSE. Or any other recognised and established group

Daegal Murdoch
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:03:25 PM
Edit: Enough arguing is enough. I shall respectfully withdraw from the conversation as well.

Live Wire
Jun 18th, 2002, 11:01:06 PM
thank you DT. I will address this as this has gone beyond just gue for the moment. I've been rping here for over 2 and a half years. A lot of my threads have been lost over time. Training threads that were at the tsc board were lost due to moves and ezboard deletions. And in the past year I havent done very many battles as I've become more character oriented. Does that mean you can now question my rank of master? No it doesnt. That rank stands here whether or not I can justify it to anyone coming after me with past threads. Its the same with gue you can't now come out and say show me proof.

And if the entire board had to certify a rank then whats the point of giving groups control over their own systems. You have then become big brother over everything. Just because most of the groups chose to move off of ezboard doesnt mean that each group it not its own soveriegn organization. So in effect you have to deal with it. If you dont like it I don't care. Bitch all you want but it will fall on deaf ears. I dont go around telling GJO I dont like how you promoted so and so. Its none of my f'ing business. Just as our accepting and giving gue a rank of master is none of your business.

And as for the nonsense that a master rank means someone can kick the butt of someone of a lesser rank. Thats a load of crap. Ranks show that they have reached a standard. It doesnt mean that an apprentice couldnt in a fight defeat a master or a knight. Look at qui gon vs darth maul.

That said I thank DT for bringing that point up.

And whether or not one person was targeting gue there is a lot of hard feelings and targeting of him that goes on. If you dont like him keep it off the boards cuase it doesnt belong here.

Lady Vader
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:00:19 AM
Amen to what was said above.

And I know I said this in my first post somewhere at the beginning, but I SERIOUSLY think this thread should be moved to the OOC forum at TSO. The OOC forum here doesn't need this, and frankly, this topic doesn't belong here.

Can an admin please please please move it to the OOC forum at TSO. I really hate seeing clutter of this sort messing up the forum here.

Sanis Prent
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:24:50 AM
Topic closed. Further discussion will be taken up at TSO.