PDA

View Full Version : So here we are, one month later....

Jinn Fizz
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:04:46 PM
Has your opinion of AOTC changed at all since it was first released?

Was your positive review the result of the movie being fresh and new? Was it more like infatuation, and now that the newness has worn off, you're seeing more flaws and thinking less of it? Or has your opinion stayed the same, and you're still loving it?

I definitely fall into the latter category. I still love this movie from beginning to end. The pacing is excellent, George's direction is much improved over what he did in TPM, the performances are great (I still think Robin Gurland deserves some kind of award for finding Hayden), the effects are awesome, the costumes are beautiful, the foreshadowing and melding of themes is very well done, and I for one still like the Anakin/Padme scenes, because I think this is the first true love for both of them, and the awkwardness is very true to life.

This movie is a home run, as far as I'm concerned, and I still have it firmly placed in my personal ranking of the SW films as second only to ESB. :D

BUFFJEDI
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:53:24 PM
After 24 viewings , the Supposed Box-office gross, the disrespect it has gotten ie... less screens compared. I'm still in love with this film. I may not make a 100 viewings at the theater,But once it hits DVD I will make good on my 1,000 viewings total before ep3.George Lucas gave us something to treasure til the day we die.

Btw: I like it better each time I watch it.

JMK
Jun 16th, 2002, 09:41:28 PM
I do too. It definetly gets better with each viewing. I hope to see it about 4 more times before it leaves theaters. I think it going to age much better than TPM will.

AmazonBabe
Jun 16th, 2002, 10:38:55 PM
I LOVE IT!!! Must... go...see...it...again!!!!!

:rollin :crack :rollin :crack :rollin

:D

Jinn Fizz
Jun 16th, 2002, 11:14:56 PM
I definitely agree with the "it gets better with each viewing" opinion...I saw it today for the first time in 2 weeks, and was still blown away by it.

It also helped that the theater was nearly full, and people applauded at the end today. That was really nice to experience a month after the initial release. :rollin

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:58:38 AM
Mmmm... only seen it twice, I dont feel the compelling need to see AOTC again. It's nothing special to me, but then again, never was.

Sanis Prent
Jun 17th, 2002, 06:02:41 AM
While I finally decided that ESB is still king, AotC is only a fraction of the smallest distance behind it. Wonderful.

darth_mcbain
Jun 17th, 2002, 08:36:12 AM
It has definitely gotten better with each viewing... LOVE IT!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:37:14 AM
Well I have seen it 3 times and for me it has gotten better with each viewing, I will still probably see it a couple of more time before it leaves the theaters.

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:23:08 PM
Funny thing... everyone tends to like TESB a lot, but it was never at the top of my list. I always found it kinda boring I guess. Either that or too mooshy. Dunno.

ANH and ROTJ were always at the top. But now with AOTC, I think it has taken the lead by a humongous leap (and the funny thing is that it's mooshier that TESB... go fig... but I think that whole Jedi battle thing at the end did it for me... thus, I fell in love with it... lots of stuff blew up!!! :D). Hence why I'm gonna keep seeing it over and over again on the big screen before they take it out completely. :rollin