PDA

View Full Version : To Every Captive Soul: In View of The Light (open)

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:24:24 AM
The rain fell lightly as the dark-clothed man entered the bar on Arcan IV. Casting a gaze over the crowd which gathered, he silently slipped into the nearest booth his blue eyes still on the crowd.

Millard was becoming rather used to his 'Maester Wargrave' alias, which is why he chose this moment to study the Jedi. He smiled as the server came, ordering a cafe without any kind of added sugar or cream.

He'd only encountered the Jedi on one occasion, which had forced him to use this new ID. Wargrave had always wanted to study the Jedi and what they stood for, why they acted as they did. It was much simpler, he was certain, to fight for his planet and his Empire- even if it was in fragments. It was time, The Black Hand member mused, time to discover what made a Jedi tick and what caused them to fight as hard as they did.

When the server returned with the Dark Jedi's drink, Wargrave paid the Twi'lek then leaned back in his seat and watched.

Zen Dracon
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:29:39 PM
Zen was sitting next to the dark figure of a man, hood on,drinking some wine he had ordered earlier, tried of a hard a days of training, had notice the man was search the room.

After a drink from his cup Zen spoke, still facing the bar.

" I see you are searching for something, may I be of service to you?"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:57:04 PM
Wargrave let a small smile come beneath his cloaked hood. This Jedi was weaker than the one he'd encountered a few months prior, but he would service.

"I am here to study the Light Jedi."

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:29:43 PM
As the two gentlemen conversed in a booth, a boy walked past, dressed in his usual padawan attire he couldn't help but overhear one of the two say that he had come here to "Study the Light Jedi." Loki suddenly turned his head and gesturing to a free seat asked, "Excuse me, but do you mind if I join you?"

He glanced at the two men who were both hidden behind the hoods of their robes and although in the past, the nine year old padawan had found this rather intimidating, he had realised that behind the hoods there are usually some delightful people to meet.

"I'm Loki Ahmrah, Padawan Learner here at the Jedi Order. I couldn't help but overhear you were interested in learning about the Jedi--" He paused, pondering on his words so that he didn't come across as rude or intrusive. "--well I would only be too happy to be of assistance!"

He pushed his small glasses upon his knows with a pleasant smile.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:15:56 PM
Millard/Wargrave gave the young boy a look. He took another sip of his cafe then spoke.

"Tell me then, why you are here? Why join the Greater Jedi Order," he checked his tongue, keeping his tone calm as he spoke.

"What drove you to seek your tutelage here?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:33:23 PM
"Actually, it's not quite the same for me as it is with others." Loki began, taking a seat. "To protect me from the growing crisis between the Empire and New Republic, my parents brought me here under the protection of the Jedi because they were more and more frequently being called off to duty - they work for the New Republic, y'see - and whilst here I was taken on as the Padawan Learner of Master Hicchoru."

The boy suddenly pulled his rather thick book from the surface of the table and put it down underneath him. He sat down on it so that he could be more level with the man as he spoke.

"When I discovered I had the potential to posess very special abilities, I pondered on it but almost immediatly knew that it if I am going to make use of these gifts that I have been blessed with, then I want to use them for the benefit of others. Just like my parents use their talents to help others. My mom is a medic and my father, a pilot fighting for the New Republic."

He looked at the man, his face had unchanged, he seemed interested and quite happily Loki continued his tale. Occassionally pausing, leaving time for questions.

"I have never been so happy in my life since I joined the Jedi Order. This is my home now, my future. I am develloping as both a person and one day hope to become a Jedi. i want to halp those less fortunate than myself; the poor, the sick and the dying. There is no need for there to be such suffering and I will quite willingly dedicate my life to helping those people. Why? Because I think it is possible that all people; regardless of age, gender or species can live happily in peace and prosperity." He paused for a moment and added with curiosity, "Do you think that is possible, mister...?"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:45:59 PM
"Wargrave," the Dark Jedi spoke as he finished his cup. He nodded towards his server, requesting another, "Maester Wargrave."

Beneath his hood he smiled, "But tell me Jedi Padawan. Couldn't someone use the Dark Side for the benefit of those around him? Couldn't he bring honor to his country?

"And couldn't a Light Jedi use the Force for his own personal gain as well?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:56:18 PM
"In your question lies your answer." Came the boy's immediate response.

"You see, for me, personal gain is being able to learn and grow as a person. I find satisfaction in helping others. I like making people smile, taking their trouble's away--" The boy frowned a little, thinking about the man's preious question. He was quiet for a moment, then answered. "--I don't understand the Dark Side enough to give you an educated answer. But I do know that a Dark-Sider's skills are created through harsh feelings such as anger and hatred."

He then smiled and concluded, "My reasoning would be: 'Well if you are able to benefit those around you whilst being at peace, using the Light Side. Why bother getting all grouchy and angry about it?' It baffles me as to why anyone would want to be miserable and hateful as a way of life."

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:05:11 PM
"Ah but therein lies the conundrum correct?" Wargrave continued, "Sith and Dark Jedi appear to enjoy their misery and anger. Perhaps that is why they use it."

The Dark Jedi took a sip from his drink staring at the crowd around him. Various aliens drank and celebrated some form of happiness. They toasted each other with smiles and laughter.

He continued, "I have heard rumors of Dark Siders having relationships with each other that might mimic one of love and compassion. How does one explain that?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:21:47 PM
"No." Loki responded rather bluntly, it was clear he felt strongly on this issue, "There is no conundrum. Anyone who enjoys misery, anger and hatred is nothing short of insane. That is the truth, my friend. And I feel great pity for those consumed by that way of life."

He paused, took a sip of the glass of water he had brought with him and thought about the man and his questions. His questions had quickly moved from the Jedi to the argument that the Dark Side of the Force is something positive. Loki thought back and pondered on how Wargrave has always referred to the Jedi as specifically 'Light Jedi.' That was something odd to him, but regardless he continued to answer his questions as he said he would.

"Like I said, I am not very knowledgeable of the Dark Side of the Force. But I don't dismiss the possibility of two Dark-Siders falling in love, or at least something closely resembling it. Naturally, I wont attempt to explain something I honestly don't understand - I'm not that arrogant - instead I will simply say that regardless of whether or not Dark-Siders can love is irrelevant. I have seen some of the atrocities for which they are infamous first hand. Why not simply love as opposed to conflicting both love and hate!"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:32:08 PM
"Yes, I agree some atrocities have been commited by those of the Dark Side," Wargrave smiled. As naive as the young one was, he was of interestin conversation indeed.

"However, I have heard of some Dark Siders doing good as well. There have been rumors of a Dark Jedi, helping those who have been wronged.

"What atrocities have you seen young one?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:51:16 AM
Slow day at the bar, I thought to myself. There really wasnt much going on, which, I reflected, was a good thing. Today I wasnt really in the mood for any trouble, I was in too good a mood. For now, I was leaning on the bar itself, content to watch the beings come and go. Maybe listen to a conversation if it was close enough to listen to... but generally just relax. I had precious little of that over the years.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:03:47 PM
"Well, I can't say I've heard of a Dark-Sider committing good acts before." He responded with a frown, although he didn't like to talk about it, the boy felt obliged to answer the man, he had offered to answer all his questions after all.

"The first time I saw a Dark-Sider, there were more than twenty and they all piled into this establishment and attacked what Jedi were here. Some Jedi were injured but these--" He paused for a moment, trying to remember the term Wargrave had used, "--Dark Jedi were all killed in the end. They just would not stop and three of the regular patrons of this establishment lost their lives in the incident."

"I have seen Dark-Siders prey on the poor and the weak, using them as scapegoats for their excess anger or frustration. A Jedi Master was almost killed as a result of an ambush from Dark Siders. It's dreadful this conflict. There is no need for it all."

He shook his head and took a drink of his water quietly. There were things he wanted to ask the man but felt obliged to listen before asking.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:57:32 PM
"Now you are assuming," Wargrave spoke, leaning forward, "Do not assume young one. It leads to destruction."

He remembered seeing several of his collegues from the Empire go to their deaths for assuming the Rebellion had subpar fighter pilots. They'd died for the Empire, but also died of their stupidity.

Millard raised a black-gloved hand, scratching his head beneth his black cloak. He smiled again, then continued.

"Another assumption is that those who attacked were Dark Jedi. You are mistaken, those who attacked were Sith. Sith let their anger control them, control their actions and their thoughts. Dark Jedi do not let their anger control their actions. It may fuel their Force powers, but it does not consume them. Or that is what I understand."

Wargrave then felt a presence quite familiar to him.

Helenius Q'Dunn...

He had battled her before, back when she and the New Republic reclaimed the world Xa Fel from The Sith Empire, after its self-destruction and return to Munto Cordu. He'd lost, but learned a great secret- Helenius' husband, Marcus Q'Dunn, was indeed still alive. And Helenius herself went by the name Eileen Cross, a commander in the NRSF.

Wargrave smiled. He'd not come here for a fight, instead to learn what made the Jedi. And Helenius Q'Dunn was a woman who the Dark Jedi could learn about the Light Side from.

He stroked his chin beneath his hood, then pondered his next action. Q'Dunn and he had played a game of 'cat and mouse' the other considering each the mouse. Finally he made his decision, his blue eyes flashing.

"Tell me Loki, would you do me a favor. You see that woman there, sitting by herself at the bar. Go and fetch her for me please. I wish to speak with her.

"Tell her...we are old associates of each other."

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:07:59 AM
"Those who attacked this establishment were Dark Jedi and those who assaulted Master Hazzard were Sith; that much is definately clear." He responded. There was something about the man's words and how he dealt them, it was almost like he was trying to convince the young padawan of something but clearly Loki was having none of it.

Then Wargrave turned his attention a lady Loki had seen quite often, she seemed to work for the NRSF but strangely enough he had seen her about the Jedi Grounds. To him she was an enigma but not one he'd ever pondered on; in the past he had just accepted her presence and not made any enquireies.

Complying with the man's request he got up, left the booth and casually walked over to the woman leaning against the bar and as he approached he cleared his throat so that he could make eye contact.

"Excuse me, miss," He said politely, then gestured over towards the booth from where he'd came. "There is a gentleman who claims to be an 'old associate' and would like to speak with you. Would you care to join us at the table over there?"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:11:39 AM
Wargrave smiled as he watched the young boy go up to Helenias. It was rather simple, deceiving the young, he mused. Although he did sense much potential from the young, Loki Ahmrah.

The young lad shows much power...much power indeed.

He saw Loki speak to Helenias, then took another sip of his cafe.

And now...the learning begins.

Maester Wargrave smiled again, then nodded towards the woman.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:53:44 AM
I was about to take a sip of the drink the bartender had bought - a coffee - when a young boy came up to me.

"Excuse me, miss," He said politely, then gestured over towards the booth from where he'd came. "There is a gentleman who claims to be an 'old associate' and would like to speak with you. Would you care to join us at the table over there?"

I realised it was Loki Ahmrah, a boy I knew had a real future in the Jedi Only young, but he was showing all the signs of being a good Jedi. I glanced up in the direction Loki indicated, looking over the being who was seated there. I frowned. The being was most likely male, seemed to be masked and cloaked to disguise himself. I had the feeling he was staring at me... which I now returned, assessing.

"An old associate? Certainly, I'll join both you and him. One moment please"

I took up my coffee and took a thoughtful sip, my back turned so the cloaked stranger would not see my face crease in concentration. I used the Force to try to see whom this could be... and I did have the distinct hint that I had met this man. I had the image of a Imperial Cruiser and.... acid rain. And our meeting was not long ago.

Relaxing in the Force, but keeping my guard up, I returned my gaze to this stranger, picked up my cup and walked over to the booth.

"You wished for myself to join you?" I asked

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:58:33 AM
Wargrave smiled beneath his hood, "Yes, I did."

He paused, taking a sip of his cafe, then motioned for one more.

"I wish to study the Light Jedi. And why they do what they do."

The Dark Jedi took another sip, then smiled again.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:07:57 AM
What a strange reason. But in some ways, it did make sense. If you wanted to study the Jedi, where else would be better?

Or worse, I added, thinking of some of the acts the Padawans did.

And thinking of that, how did this man.....

"Then I must ask something in return. Firstly, how do you know I am a Jedi and why do you not ask for a Jedi Master? There are one or two around here if you will notice, would they not be more appropriate to have your questions answered?"

I thought of something else as well.

"Why also do you seek what you do?It is well known the Jedi Code and some of the teachings are easily accessed from public databanks too."

I took a sip of my coffee, still standing up. I was giving this being a weighty stare. This was strange questioning and I was curious why he chose to ask those questions.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:14:22 AM
"As the young one told you," Wargrave kept his smile on his face. It was far from a forced smile, but one of respect and recognition, "We have a history together."

When Helenias began opening her mouth, Millard interupted her, "You will find out soon enough. You will find out soon enough."

Wargrave sent his own stare at the Jedi, his cold blue eyes flashing, "I have done my own studies of the Jedi Code, as well as some of the teaching..."

After all my father was a Jedi Master before you were born, he thought.

"But I wish to learn a bit more. Perhaps your husband could teach me a few things," Wargrave placed his ace, "Would that be true, Helenias Q'Dunn?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:37:21 AM
I paused - then slowly took a seat, my eyes no longer with any trace of welcome. They were now flat and it was clear I had switched from polite curiousity to full alertness. Very few knew my real name outside of the Jedi Order, I was normally known as Eileen Cross, NRSF Commander. And even fewer knew I was married. I was now putting two and two together and the answer was now clear whom this cloaked one was. Indeed, we had history. On Xa Fel.....

"Why, if it is not Grand Admiral Taylor Millard himself. Good day to you"

There was no welocme in my tone however. This was a Dark Jedi I was now sitting across from.

"Yes I am certain my husband may teach you much.... if you were prepared to listen and learn. Have you too heard the rumours of who he was once known as as well? Do you tremble that a true Froce Master has returned and that he will do to the sith and Dark Jedi as he once did? Have you worked out whom he once was?"

I was however sure now that was not who Millard was interested in. His focus was me I believed.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:19:11 AM
"If you wonder why I am here, Madame Q'Dunn," Wargrave kept his tone pleasent as he watched Helenias take a seat.

"I am not here to fight, only to talk. Your husband does not put fear in my mind, nor in my heart. He is a man who I respect for his position in the New Republic, as well as his battle ability. You indeed chose well when you married him."

He took a drink of his cafe, "Now will you go to the New Republic and proclaim to them, 'Grand Admiral Taylor Millard' is a Dark Jedi? That he associates himself with them, while he parades around the Galactic Empire prentending not to have the Force? Have you done a background check on me, discovering the secret I have about my father?

"Or have you done what I have, and kept it secret," his eyes blazed as he talked, "You, Eileen Cross, are two separate people in the Imperial Files. Marcus Q'Dunn is alive and well, but his other ID is kept separate. This is because I see a difference between the struggle between the Empire and the New Republic and the Jedi and the Sith. The former is a battle of political philosophy and governing bodies. The latter...is a struggle of a different kind.

"But I am not here to discuss the intricacies of governments," Millard flexed his hands, "I am here to learn why you are a Jedi. It is something books can only teach so far. I wish to learn personally."

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:03:12 PM
Silently, the wheels in the young padawan's head turned, processing everything he was hearing and just when he thought he had all the pieces put together something else popped up. He was sat where he had been before, not willing to say a word until was truely neccessary.

On the outside he maintained a cool composition, not showing any of the shock or suprise that he was feeling on the inside. It had been revealed that this man was indeed a Dark Jedi, the little boy was already suspecting that when speaking with him. One thing that did suprise him was the fact that this man was a Grand Admiral in the Empire, it was truely baffling as to why the finest and mightiest feel compelled to come to this humble establishment.

Then there was the unravelling mystery that is Helenias, Jedi Knight of this order and now it was revealed that she also went under an alternate alias in the NRSF, Eileen Cross. But as with enigmas, when one layer is unwrapped, ten more reveal themselves and the mystery just keeps going deeper and deeper. She is married to a Marcus Q'Dunn; "Q'Dunn - that name rings a bell - ah yes, the Jedi Master Elessar Q'Dunn, of course!" His thoughts continued to rearrange the pieces of the puzzle.

Was it possible then that this Elessar Q'Dunn had a brother that goes by the name of Marcus who is also a Jedi Master? Loki pondered on this whilst occasionally sipping his water. He continued to remain quiet until matters changed, for now he would listen and learn.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:11:21 PM
"Tell me young one," Wargrave/Millard turned his question towards Loki, "Do you sense any hostility from me?"

He turned back towards Helenias, "I will prove my honesty in coming here for discussion, not battle.

"Come, young Loki, sense my feelings. Is there hostility or am I telling the truth?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:18:03 PM
"I daren't assume to know such things, Mr. Wargrave," He answered politely, then holding back a smile added using the man's own advice, "Assumption can leads to ones untimely end."

"Such things I cannot see nor pretend to see. The Dark Side clouds everything, I may not be very well attuned to the Force yet but I can tell you one thing, sir; the Dark Side I sense in you."

He said this with a frown of discomfort, when in the presence of a Dark-Sider he almost felt like what little control he had was slipping away or being taken from him, it was almost like a paranoia.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:30:34 PM
"Young one, you have been taught well," Wargrave nodded his head in congratulations, "You are correct, assumption can lead to ones untimely end."

The Dark Jedi felt Loki's nervousness as he received the praise from him. Millard was fairly certain, the Padawan had not expected it. But Loki had impressed Wargrave, and he was certain Loki would have a far reaching career in the Force.

Wargrave gave a smirk, "If it is the Dark Side you sense, I am unhostile right now. As I have stated, I am here to talk, not to fight.

"Now tell me," he cocked an eye, "Outside of the rhetoric you have spouted, what else makes you a studier of the Light? The same question goes for you Madame Q'Dunn. Why do you study the Light Side?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 21st, 2002, 08:32:31 AM
I was holding back a laugh. Loki's answers were impressive. It was also giving me time to compose myself for what I now knew was going to be a continuation of the game we played on Xa Fel. There, he had proved a good opponent, one who used his intelligence - something I always believed that the Jedi failed to do. Actions in this bar by some Jedi proved my thoughts time and time again. The Sith also relied on their power - but without a guiding intelligence, you could have all the power in the Galaxy and be impotent. The true ones to fear were the ones who realised the truth and put their mind to truly good use.

"It might surprise you what we have on file about you, Taylor Millard. And I could quite well imagine what you might have on me. Eileen Cross, Commander in the Special Forces, now known to be a Jedi Knight under a different name? I will give you something for free - There is another name I am known by. Your hint is the armour I wore on Xa Fel"

Lets see if he knew. I wonder what he would think if he knew I was once a top Imperial agent that was the destroyer of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the then much feared Lord Fire Blade.

"And I can guess what you might have on Marcus. A name and no more. Maybe a face that matches no records? Does it disturb you a Jedi Master can appear from nowhere?"

I knew by his previous words Millard had made the association between Marcus and Tohmahawk. But lets see how far he really knew...

"A wise man can be scared. And even the strong fear what was the past, especially if there is the hint it can become present and future. You have a name, you have an alias. But you do not have the real man. Nor do you have the real me either. Come find us if you dare. Elessar he is called at his home planet, First-Born Friend. Marcus fewer than 20 known him as. Yet the entire Galaxy used to know him as something else. And as for study of The Light - I seek truth. There is perfect truth in Light. In Darkness, there is not. In Light there is life, in Darkness only death. I also am a Jedi out of love and in Light there is Perfect Love"

I guessed what he might reply to that. I was ready to reply further if he took the bait. and ready if he did not.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 21st, 2002, 04:57:37 PM
"My bodyguard once mentioned a woman Imperial Guardsman," Wargrave/Millard smiled, "I believe you have just alerted me to who it was. However why you took the name 'Lord Fire Blade' is rather interesting. But, I fear, I was away at that time."

The Twi'lek server returned once more, requesting if any of them wanted anything.

"If you are still serving food," The Dark Jedi said, "I'll have some pancakes please, as well as some milk. And get the two of them coffee and water please."

He finished his cafe, then closed his eyes briefly, "Your husband though I have encountered twice. Or a form of him atleast. The monsterous clone, Venom, was encountered two years ago. Darth Viscera sought to make him an ally. I disagreed, and was not listened to."

The server returned with his milk and the other two drinks. Wargrave nodded and she walked away.

"Do you now have information on me? I wouldn't be suprised at all. Then, if I may ask, what does it say about my family?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:46:06 AM
No, he didn't bite. However...... I smiled. I searched for the right wording for maximum effect. And there was the matter of also Venom

"Correct me if I am wrong Master Millard, but Venom is dead. I put a Pike through that vile being's heart. Do you say otherwise? And as for what we might have on you.... it is suffice to say your Father would not be proud of you. I would go as far as to say he would declare he had no son, considering what you have become"

A very, very nasty low blow if I had Millard correctly made out.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:09:27 PM
Wargrave's anger did not rise, "Ah but see there's the conundrum. My father may not be happy, but then I was not happy when he rebelled against the Empire. Have we spoken since his death? That is for me to know.

"Now, as for my father disowning me. Unfortunately, he died before he could. But he was also intelligent enough to realize my path was of my own choosing. Family honor means plenty to me, and my father betrayed his honor by going against Palpatine."

Millard paused, his blue eyes narrowing, "You surpise me, Madame Q'Dunn. I would have thought a Jedi would refrain from comments attempting to raise the anger of a Dark Jedi. Perhaps you are not as 'Jedi' as you thought."

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:24:35 PM
Wargrave had complemented Loki and that was something unexpected, although he did not expect Wargrave to be rude or arrogant like many others for he was different in a big, yet uncertain way. The man seemed much more intelligent, this only gave the young padawan more reason to keep his gaurd up for a Dark-Sider's words can be very deceitful and Loki focused himself and answered the questions straight.

"Sir, I find your attitude to my answers rather ill-founded!" He interrupted, supressing annoyance at the man's assumption that his earlier answer was something spouted directly from some Jedi textbook. "I can honestly say the reasons I gave you earlier are my own and I believe in them and equally, I believe in the Jedi and I believe I can contribute to this order well enough to help others. Do you find it difficult to believe that I am more than content with leading a selfless life?"

On top of this, more revelations had taken place. From what Loki deduced from Helenias's words, Elessar is Marcus; they too, are the same person and therefore, that means Elessar/Marcus is married to Helenias. Loki smiled, it was nice to see Jedi having loving relationships and at the same time being wise enough to maintain an equillibrium of dedication to the Jedi Order as well as each other.

Loki also discovered something about a creature called Venom and that it had been a clone of some sort that Helenias had detroyed. It was all interesting although very daunting information. As a final thought, Loki contributed to their discussion and defended the Jedi Knight, claiming, "Mr. Wargrave, you are assuming that Helenias has attempted to raise your anger, however can one not equally assume that her words are simply a reflection of her honest thoughts. I hate to stick my nose in as it were, but regardless, I know my father would not be proud if I were to become one of these Dark Jedi."

Maester Wargrave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:44:13 AM
Ah naivete Wargrve smiled at Loki's words.

"Young Loki, my words were not meant as insult, nor as sarcasm. I truly do congratulate you for believing what you believe in.

"It shows you have faith, and faith is what drives us. Our faith in our beliefs is what keeps us going."

His food was set before him. A thick mass of pancake awaited the hungry Dark Jedi. He sniffed the pancakes, inhaling their scent. Normally, Jedi were not deceitful enough to attempt a poisoning of anyone who came to their establishment. But Millard was more than 'just a Dark Jedi'. He was a high ranking member of the Galactic Empire.

Satisfied, Wargrave took a bite. The flavor filled his mouth, causing him to close his eyes and enjoy. He took another bite, feeling the buttery substance melt in his mouth. A bit of syrup produced a more syrupy flavor, but still enjoyable.

"Pardon my respite, but pancakes are something I have always enjoyed. Much like espresso.

"Now, do I find it difficult, you are content with a selfless life?" Wargrave addressed Loki, "Of course not. Do you think I stabbed my way up Imperial ranks? Madame Q'Dunn might say otherwise, considering her knowledge of the Imperials," he sent a look towards the female.

"But no, I am where I am because I served. I did not care where I went or who sent me, I did what I was ordered. I assure you now, if I were off on some mundane duty on a frigate, I would still be happy and content. I am a member of my organization because I enjoy it. Not for political reasons."

He took another bite, relishing the flavor, "And as for my father. He's not happy, but it is my choice. Just like it is your choice to be a Jedi. It is my choice to follow a different path."

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:35:28 AM
"If I was attempting to anger you... I would be more blatant. I only speak what a Jedi Master might think if his son were to go against all he believed in. The Empire and what a Jedi is to be are not compatible and I know well the evil the Empire did to it's citizens. I know first hand"

I had a think on what to say next. I was loath to give much away but I wanted to make a point.

"Seems you know of Lord Fire Blade, you will also know I was the one who destroyed the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. You would know I was known to be able to defeat Jedi Masters. And yet, I sit here today a Jedi myself. It is because Years ago, 11 to be precise I met a man whom I fell in love with. He and I married. Three months later, we were seperated by violence and I thought he was dead. And he likewise. Barely 6 moths ago, I learned he lived and he was in fact a Jedi. I was coming here for him when he was attacked in an Imperial ambush. Yet again I though I had lost him, it forced me to reevaluate my life. And I relaised something - The Empire means nothing and is nothing. But the ties of family are stronger and I would rather serve what my husband stood for - honour, justice, peace. Concepts the Empire purport to have but I know well what their idea of justice is. Their real view on honour and peace. Marcus knew them far better and that's what he strove for and was prepared to give his life for. How, if I was his wife, could I do less? Even if he was truly dead and I was a widow. I would honour his memory"

Now I truly smiled.

"But he escaped the traitorous ambush. He fought to survive, walked out of a huge storm on a broken leg. He nearly truly died at Whitetown, but fought to survive. And he lived.... and when he found out who I was and where I was, he came for me. And even more, he is proud of me. His few words mean more to me than any Imperial edict or medal and I can tell you I have quite collection. His love and approval is the greatest reward I could have... and if I had not done what he believed in, would I have any of it? Would I still be a bitter Imperial, maybe serving alongside of you? What would I have, an abstract that is corrupt and disappearing, or Marcus?"

"Your father would not be proud of you because he understood what the Empire truly was for as I do now. I am not proud of my time in the Empire, but I will do what I can to make amends. And like I once bought the Jedi as a group to their knees single handed, now I will work to bring them up, single handed if I have to."

Maester Wargrave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:10:23 PM
"Then I suppose we will have to disagree about it then," Wargrave took another bite of the breakfast dish, "I think the Empire has great merit and is a binding order of peace and order. It is the New Republic whom I disagree with.

"I am proud of what I've done and continue to be. Are there problems with the Empire? I tell you now yes. There are too many politicians in the Empire, those who use their rank to get even more power. There are military officials who believe their ranks allow them to rule.

"I tell you now, that should not be. The military is there to serve, protect, and enforce the laws. If an individual is breaking the law, then they should be arrested. If someone is causing harm to others, then they should be arrested.

"I believe in the Empire, which is why I am here. The New Republic, not the Jedi, is the problem. They believe citizens should make decisions for themselves. I tell you, citizens eventually will come crawling to the government begging for help. The New Republic ask for disorder and misconduct while they attack and kill citizens of the Empire who are simply doing their job- whether it be military or professional."

His cold blue eyes narrowed again, "I've seen friends killed by bombs and family members killed by Rebel attacks. Never will I consider joining your ranks. Ever.

"And if my father truly knew how my mother died, he wouldn't have joined the Rebellion."

Millard took another bite of his pancakes, then gulped down more milk. He drew in a heavy sigh then turned back to Helenias.

"Do not mistake me as a 'bitter Imperial'. I am far from bitter, quite happy with my life, and beginning to care about someone even more than I allow myself. I am far from miserable, I enjoy my time in the Empire. And I will continue to."

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:10:26 PM
"Ah of course, I appologise!" Loki said to Wargrave, realising that his strong beliefs had clouded his focus, "You must forgive me; I did not mean to insinuate that you become what you are through any means other than honest means."

Loki settled back into silence for a while, assessing the discussion for he didn't like it when he said something that could be considered rude. Wargrave may be a Dark-Sider but there is no need for being impolite. He finished the rest of his water, giving his drying lips a much needed soak.

It was quite remarkable that in this game of verbel chess in which the players were intelligently working to break down each others defenses, so many skeletons had came out of so many closets that had the term been literal the Bar and Grill would be looking like a graveyard. The subtle yet lethal confrontation in which both Helenias and Wargrave were engaged was intense and the young padawan was expecting one to unleash the deciding blow, the fatal stike.

"Where is this going?" He thought to himself, listening carefully to what was being said. Now was not the time to contribute, for Loki had not sufficient knowledge to compete in this game whereas both Helenias and Wargrave seemed to know exactly what they were talking about when it came to the Empire and New Republic.

Maester Wargrave
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:59:29 AM
"Thank you, young Loki," Wargrave finished his pancakes and his milk, "Because you misunderstood what I was saying, does not mean I will send a rank of stormtroopers or cut you with my lightsaber. Your apology suffices enough.

"I assure you," he said staring straight at Helenias, "There is honor in the Empire."

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 26th, 2002, 07:09:38 AM
"Is there? Is there really?" I questioned in return. "You have a shallow view of the Empire and its oppresive actions if you can still associate honour with the Empire. I have seen terrible actions done in the name of Empire and Emperor Master Millard. I for one however believe an Empire can work.... but it will always be run by those with more self interest and low moral value. Political systems always end in decay. Politicals are corrupt. Those who seek to rule by their very act of wanting are the ones who should never rule. Only one truly unwanting of power could hope to be a ruler that would do the good with no self interest"

I bend my lips in a smile and leaned closer. " And is not the Dark Side full of self interest and want of power? A Jedi would never wish to rule and a Dark Jedi would eventually bring all to ruin. I myself will not serve such an empty concept as a Republic. I do not answer to politicals and I find they types who are drawn to an Empire unsavory. If you you truly have honour and seek to be selfless, protect others and do what is right, you can do a better job of it as a Jedi where our own code puts such things above others. Your Father it seems understood that well"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:48:44 PM
"Tell me Madame Q'Dunn. If I change my decision, and join the Jedi Order...will you sit in my cell and hold my hand? We could have some fun," he licked his lips as he spoke.

"But no, you hold true to your wedding vows as much as I hold my vow to the Empire.

"But for interest sake, what would I receive, were I to join your hallowed ranks?"

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:03:47 PM
Deciding this was a part of the conversation to which he could contribute, Loki said, "Well one wouldn't join the Jedi Order in hope of receiving anything really, it is a selfless way of life yet not fruitless in the least. I for example, have learned a great many things about myself that I never realised before, I have grew in confidence, shared many great experiences witht he new friends I've made and am an accepted part of a community which seeks to help others. All in all, a Jedi is graced with many rewards, as long as these rewards go unsaught."

Maester Wargrave
Jun 27th, 2002, 06:56:05 AM
Wargrave smiled. Indeed this young one, although child-like in actions and looks, was more intelligent than most people thought. Although his naiveity might possibly be his downfall, the Dark Jedi was certain, young Loki Ahmrah was indeed destined for greatness. Which side he was on though, was the question.

"But of course," Wargrave said, as the Twi'lek removed his plate, "One more cup of cafe please.

"The thrill of adventure and the possibility of excitement is certainly a reward. But I fear I was misunderstood. I wish to know, from Madame Q'Dunn, what possibly would happen. I am curious that is all."

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:26:29 AM
"Knowledge of the truth. That is all. A Jedi does not seek mere rewards or gratitude. A Jedi is selfless. All Jedi however seek to be One witht he Force, to know it's will and to be a servant of it. And I will tell you something else. I know what the Dark Side has for you. Pain, fear, hatred and above all loneiness. There is no love in The Dark Side, only greed and lust. There is no compassion, for if you are a true Dark Jedi, you would view that as a weakness. a Jedi sees that for what it really is, a selfless strength. What good is it to gain the Galaxy if you have to sell your soul to do it?"

Maester Wargrave
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:47:21 PM
"I was simply wondering, Madame Q'Dunn. But I must disagree with you."

Wargrave sat back, eyeing the two Jedi, "I believe you have me mistaken for a Sith. And you are quite wrong. The Sith fight for destruction, greed, and lust. They do not know compassion or love.

"But Dark Jedi are different. They seek a balance in the Force. Indeed they are considered evil and use the Dark Side, but they do not seek destruction. Rather they seek order, not chaos. They are able to love, but I believe they can only love a non-Force user. Do they manipulate? Everyone manipulates, even the Jedi here in this bar. But...that is my opinion."

He took a brief pause, moving his eyes throughout the bar, "I am interested to know what else your files say about me. I would like to correct any misgivings or exagerations, that may have, accidently been placed."

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:04:18 AM
Love?

Love??

I didnt hear that right, surely. But mental review showed I had. Millard had admitted to knowing love. A Dark Jedi, capable of love? No, I knew that was not true. Vader was redeemed by love. Marcus himself had denounced the Dark Side for the same things - love and compassion. This was news indeed and something that would later need to be examined.

The Dark Side was incompatible with love and compassion. Thence it was now clear Taylor Millard was open to becoming Jedi. Much like Marcus knew Deville was open to being turned as well. quite suddenly, my focus had to change, for I was not dealing with a fanatic. I was dealing with a man who was simply misguided and needed to be shown the error of his thinking. And in such a way that he would make those conclusions himself. Truth was in him and now I knew that it would be set free - not tonight, no but later.

I could now foresee it. He would face the same things Marcus did it would either free his soul from darkness or he would be destroyed by it utterly.

I did not mention this outloud. Instead, I answered his question as I pondered.

"Your file is straight forward. You are....http://www.meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3441 (I dont really need to type this all out?).... do our records need correction?" I ended.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:31:58 AM
"Fairly accurate, save for the rank."

Wargrave sense a change in Helenias. Something ever so slight, yet enough to be noticed. The two stared at each other, as if trying to figure what the other was thinking.

"And what does the file tell you about me, Madame Q'Dunn? Does it say I back stabbed officers and neglected my fellow pilots in order to advance? Or does it say otherwise?

"And as for love. I have family, surely one can love his family can he not?" Millard failed to mention the smuggler Loklorien s'Ilancy as a form of protection for her. Even if she had frequented Yoghurt's he still wanted to keep her safe.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:28:58 AM
I wasn't goign to answer that one directly - but I had to wonder about that comment. There was something about the way he said family.... and what he had said eariler about his father. Now unless here were other siblings alive the files had not made known. I would have to search the future or I needed a here and now.

"Interesting you should say about family Master Millard. Family ties are strong, stronger than I think you know. Who knows what family can do to a person, what paths they may tread?"

His file said he nad no living family and he admitted he had. Now if that was a lie.... but no. He also seemed to be fixated on love. This was incompatible with the Dark Side. There was only one conclusion and I had to admit a tantilising probability. I would continue to listen and observe.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:47:23 AM
"There are many forms of family, Madame Q'Dunn," Wargrave smiled, ordering a glass of water, "One does not have to be a blood relative to be considered family.

"I do find one thing interesting. If you say only a Jedi can love. How then do you explain the marriages Sith have? How do you explain your marriage when you were a member of the Empire?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:54:09 AM
"Who said I was married when I was in the Empire? Review what I have said to you Master Millard, if you will. Did I say I was married when I served the Empire? Does this also mean anyway that I was in The Dark Side? That has not been said either."

I could only shake my head slowly at the thought of a Sith Marrige.

"Do not make me think of those misguided... Fools who think they can be Dark Side and marry. You ask me to take seriously someone so misguided that they would weaken themselves for love? I know well that the Dark Side is not of Love and that is a fact that can not be denied. Fear, Hate Anger, are those not the keys to unlocking the Dark Side? Then explain to me how love, which in all ways the opposite, how can you possibly call yourself in Darkness and also love? Do not jest with me on this, for I know the false teaching and self interest that sees this perversion. To a Sith, love is like Anger is to a Jedi. It is not my fault if the Sith dont know their own true teachings and I find it ironic a Jedi knows what their proper ways are better than they do, is it not?"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:37:45 AM
"No, it does not," Wargrave replied, "It means you have taken the time to study your foes and learn why and how they act. Unless, of course, you were a Dark Sider yourself. But as you have said, you did not say that. But the unsaid things can be true as well."

He sipped his water, "And you misinterpret what I say, Madame Q'Dunn. Do not twist my words like a Sand Person to the neck of a Moisture Farmer, I never said you were of the Dark Side. Only that you were a member of the Empire.

"And you are correct, you gave a specific date, Eleven Years, as the length of your marriage. Forgive me, the Galactic Civil War had all ready ended. However, it does not say you were a member of the Empire when you met your husband.

"Tell me, did you try and kill him the first time you met him?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Jul 13th, 2002, 05:28:18 PM
*bump*

Delete this post please. :)

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:42:30 AM
"There are many things that are unsaid now and there will be things left unsaid after the discourse of the evenng is over" I began my reply "but yet there is much that can be sumised if you have the skill to do so. Allow me to make a few statements and we shall see if you can do so. For one, I was married for 3 months, widowed for 10 years and now I have found myself married once again. I was in the Empire before you were born. I kew the Empire was dead long before it knew. For a time I pursued other interests, let us say, before coming back when a remanant appeared and gained some of the former glory. And as for the man I married, I will say that he was not a Jedi. When I first met him, yes I was going to kill him, so for what reason would that be?"

I sipped my drink. What a facinating game of verbal puzzle making this was turning out to be.

"The reason would frighten you deeply Master Millard. And if it does not, then you should re-apprase your sanity. Now, you know my hsitory by the record of my time of service. You know I single handed struck the blow that destroyed the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and I am capable of taking on any Jedi, even Master Yoghurt. And yet, I would hardly dare think about facing what I was sent to kill."

Hmm, now how much to reveal?

"A question for you now. How does it feel that in all that wonderful data on the Jedi that the Empire had, that a Jedi Master suddenly appears and you dont even have a name until now and the face is unknown as well? You dont know where he came from, you dont know where he was trained or how, you dont have strengths and weakness analysis and for the now known alias, that information can now to be shown to be cunning fraud? "

Maester Wargrave
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:59:51 PM
"Ah," Wargrave *clicked* his tongue against his teeth for about four beats, "Your records are wrong in one fashion. I fear you flatter me, by making me younger than I actually am. I was around when the Old Republic began its fall. Please change your records to support that."

He took a sip of his water, "Now as for your question. I would say the answer is in the Unknown Regions. Now...how does it feel for you, to have an Imperial Grand Admiral show up after disappearing- and even thought dead- for thrity years?

"Am I a clone Madame Q'Dunn or a human? Tell me quick lest I take my leave of you."