PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst days of my life

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:02:50 AM
Man, I had a horrible day Friday, well me and my Father (as a Father and son we try to do every year) decided to go to see the Red Sox's play the Braves (I think most of you know I am huge Red Sox fan) well I tried to get tickets to the Friday game but it was sold out except for the upper deck. Well we decided to get them from a scalper, since that is legal in Georgia. Well the first bad omen should had been the traffic, they were doing huge construction work on I-20 and it took us an hour longer to get there. Next the really bad thing, we got across acouple of scalper and they said they had great tickets behind home plate, Well we pay the money but get into the stadium to find out we had been fleeced we payed 3 times the actually value of the ticket. I was mad that I made such a stupid mistake, I had just glanced at the ticket, I really didn't want to get them and I was hoping to pay less but my father (who didn't have his glasses) thought they were legit, (I think the whole experience with the traffic influenced us too, we were just trying to get in the game in time to see the Red Sox BP). And to top it off the Red Sox lose a close game Pedro was given no run support he pitched brillant but the offense just didn't show up, they had opportunties, Millwood (the braves Pitcher) was wild at times and they swung at the worst pitch and left men is scoring postition. Then when we were leaving we were accosted for money by homeless people, Atlanta is full of them (now I feel sorry for them at all, but I was in no mood at this point in time) On the way out we get lost because the city is so stupid that they can't put up good signs telling which way is the interstate (I hate Atlanta it is got to be the worst city in the US.) Well, CMJ maybe you found your next story for a screenplay it sure would make a good black comedy.

JonathanLB
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:33:49 AM
Well for a worst day, that sounds pretty good to me. In fact, your worst day compares favorably to my best day over the last 14 months :D

lol, j/k. That sucks though about the whole scalper deal, Carr. Bummer...

Sanis Prent
Jun 15th, 2002, 10:49:26 AM
It seems that every day is worse than the day before it. So...every day that you see me...thats on the worst day of my life.

-What about today, is today the worst day of your life?

Yeah.

-That's messed up. Um...sorry.

Jedieb
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:52:47 PM
The game actually sold out?! Must have been because the Sox and Pedro were in town. Sorry to hear about the scalper, but at least you got to share a couple of great seats with your Dad. Focus on that JMC. I can't think of a better way to spend time with your Dad.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:00:05 PM
Oh we did I was just frustrated on the scalpers, oh well its only money, it was a good game at least too bad they didn't win.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:03:44 PM
The braves won right ?? so other than the money it's all good :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:06:21 PM
Well it would be if I was a Braves fan, unfortuntely I am a Red Sox fan :\ Oh well I guess I learned next time buy them in advance and don't deal with those con artist scalpers.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:09:54 PM
Well it would be if I was a Braves fan, unfortuntely I am a Red Sox fan I know :lol :mneh

JMK
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:08:43 PM
Try this on for size for bad:
As you may remember, last month my grandmother's dog (named Shadow, remember that, it's important later) gouged my eye, leaving me blind for 2 days and a week off work, and jeopardizing my first viewing of AOTC. Almost one month later to the day, I wake up in the middle of the night with excrutiating back pain. The reason? Goddam kidney stone. Holy spit do they ever hurt. Trip to the emergency room, morphine injections and all. Now I'm home and on demerol for pain.

So to put some humor into the events of the past month, I've given these "episodes" names.

Episode 1: The Shadow Menace
Episode 2: Attack of the Stones
Episode 3: Untitled as of yet

I swear, I'm not making any of this up!

BUFFJEDI
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:15:18 PM
NO pain no gain:lol J/K

that's got to suck:x

JMK
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:53:10 PM
Yeah Buff, it sucks. And I'm not gaining anything by this! :\

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:35:42 PM
That does suck, JMK, too bad CMJ is not around we could sell him script ideas.

JMK
Jun 15th, 2002, 10:04:07 PM
I don't think he could afford the price I'm asking for this one! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 16th, 2002, 02:22:07 PM
LOL, probably not. Well my sox finally won today Lowe was brilliant again, he is easily this year's CY Young if he keeps pitching like this. Also we knocked Glavin around, about time we scored some runs.

JMK
Jun 16th, 2002, 04:27:27 PM
The Expos swept the Blue Jays, that's good enough for me. JMC, that loser you guys sent us for Pedro, Carl Pavano, you can have him back! He's completely useless! Since the trade, he's been injured literally 3/4 of the time, he had a few decent starts last season, and this year he's 3-8 and has lost his last 5 consecutive starts. And it isn't like he's losing 2-1 or 3-2, he's not giving his team a chance at all. What a bust he is.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 16th, 2002, 05:40:44 PM
The other guy you got Armas, is pretty good right? I know he has alot of talent.

JMK
Jun 16th, 2002, 09:45:12 PM
The Expos have Vasquez and Armas, who always give the team a chance to win. Tomo Okha is really pitching well this season, but the rest of the staff, except for a couple relievers are not pitching like they can. All in all, the Expos are a pretty inconsistent bunch.