PDA

View Full Version : I must be plagued.....or something!!!!

Xazor Elessar
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:42:26 PM
Wow, I have the craziest students, I swear!! Okay, I need someone in an all around Mod position, or an Admin to do an IP check for me. The Shadow Jedi who came in, remember him? Well, I let him in, of course, and took him as a Padawan....he was weird to me at first, but now it is really strange. Could you check his IP and this Raja girl? I don't know her last name, but both of them are in the Recruitment Center right now. For a while now, I have gone along with his strange RPs and stuff, but he God mods waaaay too much, just, all of my actions and those of others. They are taking this RPing stuff way too seriously, talking ooc as if it were stil ic! I don't know if this is the proper place to put this....but I need some help. I need someone to talk to him and tell him to cool it a bit because it's a little much for me, honestly. I mean, I am getting some students ready for missions, promos, etc...and then I have someone who is acting like this is real!! Help please, it's just.....distrubing.....

EDIT: TTT Please someone help me....I can't even talk to him about it. I just don't feel comfortable with the whole situation anymore... I don't know if you guys think it is trivial or strange that I am posting this....but I am serious....

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:16:37 PM
I just got in from work and decided to look around but not really post. BUT..I saw this and it looks like you really needed an answer. Here it is:

I ran IPS on both Raja & this Shadow dude....

THEY ARE THE SAME!!!!

Once again...you have someone doing this to ya Xazor!:rolleyes

TheHolo.Net
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:25:18 PM
ummm, no they aren't. My checks show them having very different IPs

The Shadow Jedi and Raja Lindence are not the same person.

But Shadow Jedi Davka Volaw and Raja Lindence are. So my fault for not completely understanding. I work better with full names. :)

This person also has the Darth Geln Lindence name registered.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:31:05 PM
Man he is a freaky dude.....did you see in the LQ where I went searching for him while I was playing along with his game? He put OOC: "Ummm, Xazor I don't know what's going on or why you want me to go with you...." or something like that. :lol I am not THAT stupid. Thanks for your answers, guys, but I still don't know what to do about it. I don't want to talk to this dude....should I just let someone else take him? I hate to break off the Padawan/Master thing, but when he makes me feel uncomfortable, I mean, it just isn't fun anyway. What should I do??? I know, maybe Mr. .Net could talk to him for me! :D :lol

Alpha
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:07:42 PM
Poor Xazor...She gets the clinically insane ones...:lol

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:41:05 PM
Thanks Alpha..... :( He is really scary! Go read some of the threads he was in!! :lol

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:05:28 PM
Tis not nice to talk about people behind their backs. :\

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:14:17 PM
I'm not talking behind his back, this conversation wouldn't be happening if he would have been normal like everyone else!!!!! Grrr........ -_-

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:22:19 PM
I've got to add to this actually, I've had a glance over this and as far as I am concerned the only thing about this guy is that he's a newbie and referring to you as "Master Xazor" OOC is not a big deal for a new guy. I did it a couple of times with Itala.

What if this guy has a girlfriend who posts from his computer? Or even if he/she does roleplay their own husband/wife I've gotta say I'm pretty appaulled by all this abuse he/she is receiving behind the scenes:

his strange RPs and stuff

Man he is a freaky dude

clinically insane

He is really scary! Go read some of the threads he was in!! :lol

Now if that was me and I was finally granted access to Avalon, it would really, really hurt me to see all this written about me. Would you guys like to see this about you?

Xazor, do you feel comfortable knowing that this individual might actually get access to this forum and see what you and others have been saying about him/her?

I would feel pretty damn bad about it to be honest. This really upstes me, we get new members and they get laughed at. To be fair, I don't know the full story. I wish I didn't seem like I was having a go at you guys but I am, because in my opinion this is just wrong! :(

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:35:12 PM
Ya know what? You don't know half of it! I can't sit here and post everything because it would take me forever to explain. I just presented a few things, and you have to go and rip on me about it. I'm sorry, but I stated how I feel! If you like him, why don't you tell him you'll be his Master once you're promoted? Granted, he writes well, but he is always doing this Shadow Jedi thing, and I have tried to explain that it isn't the way here, but he continues....and then a bunch of other things that I am not even going to go into. I don't care what goes on in here, there have been other occasions when people have needed to talk about someone ooc here and it has been done, so why didn't you go and pick on them and their thread of concerns? Why me? Why is there a group of people here who are targeting me, just to catch me when I "slip up"? Maybe I need a break from this whole RP thing....I'll be around sometime....

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:45:01 PM
Look, I'm not going to buy into this "Why are you picking on me?" nonsense.

I have NOTHING against you, Xazor, and whether or not you choose to believe that is entirely up tp you. If I had seen anyone else doing this I would object just the same. Don't you dare try to say I am part of any group out to pull you down! I am really offended by that comment! :mad

I used to be a member of TSC which slagged off it's new members in the Secret Sith Chat - I was one of those targetted newbies - so I know what I'm talking about in this respect. I am only trying to be considerate for our new members and we were bound to receive a broad range of newbies with their own personal traits and whether we appreciate them or not we should try to make them comfortable.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:47:39 PM
That's fine, whatever.....I don't care what you or anyone else says anymore. I can't train him for personal reasons so someone else should. Close this thread or whatever you wish to do with it, sit here and talk about me for all I care. I won't be around a ton for a while....

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:49:13 PM
You have taken this far too personally Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:50:42 PM
No I haven't.....I have taken it for what it is!

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:54:51 PM
No, you have taken it for what you perceive it to be. I voiced my beliefs on something, I am not going to apologise for something I believe in but at the same time I can honestly say I had no intention of upsetting you. This was not an attack on you, Xazor, merely an observation of something I felt strongly on.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:58:37 PM
Good, just take it somewhere else, alright? You know nothing of me and why I feel this way, and I am not going to get into it here! Others understand, but I did not feel like posting it here, alright? I posted this for a reason, obviously since you know nothing of me, you wouldn't understand anyway.....

TheHolo.Net
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:00:23 PM
Not to feed any flames or support any side in this issue, let me go ahead and say something that I should have said in my previous post. The three names I mentioned before all share the same IP address and the same email address. That does not necessarily make them all the same person, as it is possible that friends or family are sharing the same PC and email address for this purpose. It’s a hotmail address and therefore less personal than a typical ISP email address.

The possibility does exist that different people could be playing each character, but it appears very likely that they may be the same. I have not reviewed posting styles/writing styles and therefore cannot make a definitive judgment of my own opinion. I apologize for not being more careful in my choice of words.

And I agree with Loki in the sense that if I were the individual being discussed so negatively and then was able to read this topic at a later date, I too would be upset. I'm not saying that venting about it is wrong or improper, but it is a good idea to try to be considerate of the feelings of others as often as possible.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:04:17 PM
One final disclaimer to what I have just said. I am not an official of GJO in any way shape or form and what I say are merely my opinions and not any kind of ruling or dictation of behavior. These are the GJO forums and are not my responsibility to moderate or govern. I am just sharing my thoughts.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:04:24 PM
I should have just posted this in the Admin/Mod board where no one else could have read it but those necessary. I have read all of their/his posts and all the writing is the same, so I am pretty sure that I am right when I say that it is one person. Just the whole thing where he tried to play me by saying, "I don't know what's going on or why you want me to go to the RC"....c'mon, I tried to play that game once a long time ago on a RP board, and I am not that stupid.....

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:52:05 PM
Okay, just one last thing.....all is well between Loki and I, so don't freak out that we hate eachother..... :lol *huggles harry..I mean, Loki* ;)

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 15th, 2002, 10:00:29 PM
(Hugs Xaz - remembering to wear cup since warning!) :)

Sanis Prent
Jun 15th, 2002, 11:15:50 PM
No, you shouldn't post it in the Admin/Mod forum. Not at all. It isn't a matter of moderating or administration duties, and those with access to it should be very adherent to its use. Its not supposed to be some kind of "inner sanctum" forum. Not at all. You discuss these matters, they are discussed here and here only. We're not griping because they were discussed, but simply because of the manner in which they were discussed. Take an extra effort to be professional in the way you critique potential members. Don't sugarcoat them, and definitely point out all flaws, but not in a way that can be construed as insulting. Its a tricky tightrope to walk, but we all should practice it.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:13:25 AM
Thanks Sanis....I apologize if I have gone about this the wrong way, but I have found out more information. He is trying to play both sides of the coin also. He used the same story and applied at TSE also. Here is the link:

http://pub59.ezboard.com/fthesempirefrm13.showMessage?topicID=258.topic

I find it rather interesting the way he is playing things up. He also has the Darth Geln name, which, if you read some of his posts, is the same character. Here is his application at the GJO:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19445

Read both the one from here and TSE, and you will see great similarities....the story is the same, but he is playing both sides of the coin, making no regard to the fact that he is training here, in the thread at TSE, and no regard to the fact that he applied at TSE, in his app. here at GJO. I should have listened to the discussion in here about it, more carefully instead of going off and accepting him because he wrote half way decent. Notice how he says that he "wavers between the light and dark" and how he says "I feel a bit on the light side once again" and such things. I thought, perhaps, that he did not read the FAQ's or something....but it is pretty obvious, I would think, not to play both sides with the same character. If you would care to read this thread also, I played his game for a while....to see if he would break his character from the terrible habit of being "both light and dark"...but I don't think it seemed to work:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19696

I do not know what to make of this, but I thought that by posting the threads as I am, perhaps someone will be able to help me. Then there is the combination of these threads:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19763
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19864

Again, I played the game to see what would happen, but it is getting waaay too strange for me. I have spoke with Loki and he understands now why I am so concerned....and why I have posted this feeling the way I do. I know that most of you will not understand....perhaps, but know that I have valid reason to be. I hope that this is a better way to go about it......

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 16th, 2002, 02:12:44 PM
Just putting my 2 cents in here...

Xazor, I wouldn't worry about it. It's terribly common for newbies to act like this... make up a complicated backstory, apply to many groups and then just take the first one that accepts. I'm not sure that I would call it a personal attack, but more of a newbie mistake. In regards to the fact that, perhaps, one day he/she/they might see this forum, I say let that chance fall where it may. Speaking the truth is not rude, if you say it with honesty and openness, and what you are honestly feeling right now is creeping out at his actions. That is not rude, it is honest. Also, the likely hood that these types stick around is slim, so I wouldn't worry about it.

My personal opinion, from reading their styles, is that they are the same person. I would personally ask them, OOC, if they have read the FAQs, and leave it there. Remember, this is just a game. No person has the right to make you feel strange about training them without your permission. :]

Xazor Elessar
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:13:17 PM
Thanks for your words, Ryla. You're really encouraging and say it how it is. ;) I guess I'll send him a PM or something.....asking him to read the FAQ's if he hasn't. Stuff like that....I dunno, I have a lot of stuff to figure out right now.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:31:03 PM
Since Marcus isn't here..

Listen to Ryla you do :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:50:16 PM
>_<

(I cont comphrend a single word right now.... dang my brain is switched off after weekend away)