PDA

View Full Version : Wtc

Lord Gue
Jun 14th, 2002, 10:16:59 PM
A proposal (http://www.wtc2002.com/)

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:19:40 AM
There's something fishy about it. A desalinisation plant, two biospheres, the whole building layered with photo cells? It can be done, of course, but while they're adding in the whole kitchen sink and enough new Gaia-friendly technology to make Greenpeace piss their pants in delight, they should add something practical (Read: not merely asthetic), like 4 phalanx cannons (the guns that protect aircraft carriers from missiles) and a batallion of volunteer Civil Defense personnel.

Lord Gue
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:22:13 AM
well in the safety section it has some sorta sonic thing that can keep things off it that are at least 5 miles wide or something. Dont quite understand it myself

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:29:04 AM
Yeah, I read that bit. I'd be far more comfortable if it was really big bullets or lasers or missiles protecting the exterior airspace, rather than Flash Gordon.

Lord Gue
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:31:02 AM
lol, who knows

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:22:11 PM
What makes me nervous:

"Our New Cyber City Design Concept for The New World Trade Center 2002 will be impervious to attack"

Thats as arrogant as the builders of the Titanic saying that "Not even God Himself could sink this ship."

ReaperFett
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:27:06 PM
yeah, doesnt that make it more of a target?

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 01:36:46 PM
That would be nice, if all the terrorists were concentrating on one target, hence the civil defense batallion. Let them come in and get cut to hell by security. Then announce even louder that the building is impervious to terrorists, and let more try their luck at it. Attrition would be the best prize ever in this war, remember.

ReaperFett
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:33:41 PM
so, you put in the middle of a largely populated city a target, and dare anyone to try something? So, how would it be able to stop a "dirty bomb" exactly?

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 05:42:57 PM
As soon as the dirty bomb-equipped terrorist is detected via the X-Ray devices and whatnot, he is promptly riddled with M-16 and .45 bullets.

If I were Reaperfett and believed that terrorists were impervious to bullets, then I might also believe that the terrorist would have enough time to arm the device and activate it. A conventional explosion would then occur. Apart from the casualties of the conventional blast, those in the immidiate vicinity would receive lethal doses of radiation. You now have 25 killed from the conventional blast, and 75 wounded. All those 75 wounded, perhaps less, have received lethal doses of radiation.

And now you have 9,900 other people in the building, evacuating via the 3 other towers and designated helipads. The blast area has been cordoned off. Those people who stray closest to the blast area will soon suffer from intestinal irritation, and may begin vomiting. Others, too, may pick up minute traces of radiation. They, as well as the poor saps who are now vomiting from time to time during the evacuation procedure, will be brought out to a mobile decon unit, and given a shower. Civil defense personnel equipped with geiger counters, supplemented by HAZMAT personnel will separate the contaminated from those who aren't.

A dirty bomb only has panic value. A biological/chemical attack would likely be far more disastrous. In the event of early cold war-era nerve gas, which is perhaps the type that is most likely to be hijacked, the victim, after inhalation of the airborne gas, will notice the sun go dark in the sky. This is usually right before death. You have less than an hour (If I recall correctly) after inhalation of the gas to be treated with an antidote. They can be distributed in small syringes. The longer you go without taking the antidote, the worse the long-term damage will be. It may be as simple as you'll have a limping leg until you die, but it all depends on the duration.

But then, the terrorists aren't going to get past the X-Ray machine, because even terrorists aren't bullet-proof.

Lord Gue
Jun 15th, 2002, 05:46:28 PM
"Put down the gun, you have 30 seconds to comply"

Anyone else reminded of the Robocop sentry

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:02:40 PM
Yeah, Paul Verhoven really pisses me off too.

But then, this is the same idiot director who thinks that the Shaw would come over to my mom's house in Tehran and torture her in the name of Standard Oil. Heck, I know the Shaw's son (the guy lives just in Silver Spring and sometimes we see him at Iranian new year-he's also quite the millionaire), and he's a pretty decent guy. Very generous, bought us all kabob-e-chengeh or kubideh. Verhoven just sees facism in everything, the old greenpeace-nazi fart.

Lord Gue
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:05:34 PM
wow, waitta elaborate into nothingness, now I dont even know what your talkin bout anymore

ReaperFett
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:08:52 PM
As soon as the dirty bomb-equipped terrorist is detected via the X-Ray devices and whatnot, he is promptly riddled with M-16 and .45 bullets.
From who? The small army they decided to station there? And for an X-Ray to work, it has to be X-Rayed. As opposed to the bomber getting as close as possible and then detonating the bomb. You can shoot as much as you want, a nuclear device that is triggered will still blow up.

Anyway, I doubt it will ever come to fruition. The five mile nofly zone may be impossible to get allowed (I've been within two miles of NY twice). But also, the cost of that building must be astrnomical.

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:40:54 PM
I was thinking a trillion clams.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:22:52 AM
I doubt it'll happen. The building that is.

I also doubt it becomes a target again. But then, its been hit more than once before. SO. Needless to say, I will live no where near it. Sorry, no defense system is impervious to attack.

And Visc, I think you're right..we should just PRETEND to rebuild it and INSTEAD make it a gigantic trap. :p

Manfred
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:25:51 AM
a big hollow building covered with fly paper that looks like the outside of a building

that way when they crash they just stick to it and everyone gets out safely

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 16th, 2002, 03:07:45 AM
:lol :lol

like Patton's outfit :)

Sith Ahnk
Jun 16th, 2002, 11:51:51 AM
Wrap the building in rubber, and angle em so if a plane hit's one it bounces to the other and back 20 times making load pinging noises

Arlenia Tavira
Jun 16th, 2002, 12:16:52 PM
Which would basically give you....5 500 yard high condoms.

Manfred
Jun 16th, 2002, 04:53:18 PM
wow, that just gave me images of the Austin Powers jet

Sith Ahnk
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:13:55 PM
Nah, not codoms. just step one in a pinball machine used to whack Terrorist planes around America

Khendon Sevon
Jun 17th, 2002, 06:40:50 PM
I say we develop energy shield technology...

why? because.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 17th, 2002, 08:38:43 PM
<-----wonders if she should be nervous cause she lives a block away from the Seattle based World Trade Center

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:31:00 AM
<----wonders if she should be nervous because she works in a mall.

There are rumors about terrorists hitting anywhere and everything. Live life. Be careful, but not too afraid to live.

Lord Gue
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:34:53 AM
Screw you Deville!!!

*Invests millions in an underground bunker*

*Realizes his proximity to the coastline and underground water will not only flood and errode his new structure, but also sink deeper*

Bah, good thing im too broke, but dont think I havent imagined what id do with 40 billion dollars after seein the trailor to Mr. Deeds

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:37:02 AM
Well its true!

And you can't screw me, I don't allow it. :p

Figrin D'an
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:59:42 AM
Originally posted by Lord Gue
A proposal (http://www.wtc2002.com/)

Woohoo... the wheels of capitalism keep churning... :rolleyes

I find some of the proposed safety measures to be far-fetched and impractical.

Not to mention that the proposed design would look absolutely hideous on the Manhattan skyline. That's just an opinion, though...

Lord Gue
Jun 18th, 2002, 01:11:00 AM
LD: Not yet! lol J/k....

Dan: I dunno, everything but that sound thing is unrealistic. I dunno, watched the vid, I thought it would look alright

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 18th, 2002, 01:15:28 AM
Honestly? They should build the Bio-Dome Park and keep those giant lights they showed for a bit. The Kind that light up the sky during the night. In the middle of the Park, they should build a miniture of the entire city, before the attack. Made from Marbel, or Glass.

Serena Laran
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:01:43 PM
OOh I like that idea better.

*smacks Gue around* >D

Lord Gue
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:04:05 PM
sure, that be sweet and look nice, but remember we still need an office building to be set up. Sure ya might like the new view of the Statue of Liberty, but ya still need some function

Miryan no Trunks
Jun 19th, 2002, 03:08:45 AM
Pff. All that's gonna happen is when there's an incoming threat from a plane or missile or whatever, the laser technology they've secretly perfected will be employed.

The entire tower will tilt towards the incoming target, charge and reduce it to a few singed atoms.

Poof.

Obviously =P

Seriously though, that thing reminds me heavily of the Launch Arco from Simcity 2K.