PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Martial Art

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:53:27 PM
I'm trying to develop a good approximated martial arts discipline for Jubei to use, and possibly to be taught to those who are interested. It's based loosely on the five form style common to monastic Shaolin (or its derivative forms, Shen Lung, etc). That is to say, its less about a style of fighting and more about a style of existence. If anybody is interested, please let me know.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:08:29 PM
I'm there. All I need is a time and a place. :)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:13:12 PM
What I'm doing is sketching rough drawings of the 5 basic forms, with maybe some variations. Also, I'm sketching out hand positionings, and some other basic stuff. Maybe in a week or so, I will have a full profile of base stances with graphics to illustrate how they look, and some documentation to the advantages/disadvantages of using them.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:28:53 PM
This may be very interesting. I would be interested in attending classes with regards to this.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 13th, 2002, 08:30:54 PM
This isn't Navaria expertise :p But a very good idea ^__^

Oriadin
Jun 14th, 2002, 02:00:22 AM
Sounds good. I'll be interested in taking a look

Sejah Haversh
Jun 14th, 2002, 10:13:18 AM
Pal, that's a sweet idea! I've thought of doing it before, but, my Kali instructor has forbidden me from drawing layouts of the style, and that's what style my character primarily uses, for it is sword-intensive.

But I very much look forward to seeing what you've been doing, and if you'd like any help, just give me a holler, I love drawing martial arts.